VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Bug Report

CHAQUINN 0, hey bud, check this conditional in mc_street to insure it's doing what you want since it's basically not doing anything at all:
Python:
if julia_route == True or julia_route == False:  # SanchoNote: This will ALWAYS return True
    menu:
        "Go with her":
            $ch1_julia_parkd = True
Again, the initial If conditional will ALWAYS pass since the If is always True and the next Elif will never be processed and it's resulting Keyla affection will never be accounted for (nor the dialogue seen by the Player of course):
Python:
elif ch1_julia_kissed_restaurant == False:  # SanchoNote: This will never be processed due to the above If conditional issue
So, if you want the Player to always have the sequence post the If conditional, then change the Elif to If so it can be processed as well. But I'm not sure your intention as I can see a minimum of three different scenarios you may have been wanting to perform here.

Reactions: Kaasje404

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
I don't hate Kim, but i don't see any reasons for the MC to consider getting back with her... She made her choice, he was told.. It's a lets be friends talk, including the lack of further contact after that last goodbye....
Exactly. I don't defend her, coz she made a really selfish and shitty decision by going back to her family and not telling the MC until it was too late, but coming back to him after being gone for more than a year and ghosting him for months isn't something she can pretend it's gonna be easy to fix. And if the players already chose their next LIs, there's no place for Kim in the story, so I hope we won't have to put up with some over-the-top ridiculous Intertwined type of drama for the sake of stretching out the story coz I don't think anyone wants that. I'm ok with staying friends to show her what she misses out on, but nothing more than that.

You have misunderstood my intended point. I don't blame any of their friends who knew for not telling him. I blame Kim for putting ALL of them in that situation. If she wasn't going to tell MC until the last minute she shouldn't have told anyone else either.
Ok, but your hate toward Zeke is unwarranted coz he really didn't know anything till the MC found out (conversation at the gym), and I never said Kim was a saint y'all just hate on for no logical reason. It's obvious that she and Keyla are the only persons at fault here, and like I already said in my previous posts, without having a good excuse for what she did, she can go back to Korea or wherever the fuck she want coz my MC has a lot of pussies he can dig in and definitely won't miss hers.;)

you maybe should tone down abit with your rants
you sound like a overly exited kid who likes to hear his voice
Nah, I sound like an "overly excited" 20-something guy telling peeps here to stop taking fictional shit that seriously.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Ok, but your hate toward Zeke is unwarranted coz he really didn't know anything till the MC found out (conversation at the gym), and I never said Kim was a saint y'all just hate on for no logical reason. It's obvious that she and Keyla are the only persons at fault here, and like I already said in my previous posts, without having a good excuse for what she did, she can go back to Korea or wherever the fuck she want coz my MC has a lot of pussies he can dig in and definitely won't miss hers.;)
Dude, you need to reign it in a bit. I have at NO time said even a single word about Zeke. Nor have I expressed any emotions toward him at all. I think you must be confusing me with someone else. In fact, when Zeke asks MC if he believes him when he says he didn't know, I chose to have MC say yes.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
I have at NO time said even a single word about Zeke. Nor have I expressed any emotions toward him at all.
Sure you haven't. You just added him next to Keyla, so he won't feel left out.:p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I guess the quotes in the spoiler above show that both Zeke and Keyla are shitty friends, in your opinion, when in reality, Keyla's the only one at fault between the two of them, but it's clearly mentioned, if you talk to him at the gym and pick "no", that he didn't know either and only found out after Keyla told the MC. He also had a conversation with her about why she kept kept Kim's secret instead of telling the MC, and told her that's not something somebody does to their friend.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Sure you haven't. You just added him next to Keyla, so he won't feel left out.:p

I guess the quotes in the spoiler above show that both Zeke and Keyla are shitty friends, in your opinion, when in reality, Keyla's the only one at fault between the two of them, but it's clearly mentioned, if you talk to him at the gym and pick "no", that he didn't know either and only found out after Keyla told the MC. He also had a conversation with her about why she kept kept Kim's secret instead of telling the MC, and told her that's not something somebody does to their friend.
Sometimes when a person has an overwhelming desire to be right... the best you can do is just let them... You are right, buddy. I actually think Zeke is a little prick and I told him so. I told him I didn't believe a word he said, he is a liar and a disgrace as a friend. I told him if he ever tried to speak to me again that I would kick his ass and I am glad I did it. In Keyla's case, I intend to lie to her and convince her that I have fallen for her. Once I have subverted her suspicions and convinced her to be mine I will fuck her ass till it bleeds.

Reactions: robrize2169

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
For me it would be more like,

MC: Yeah... might not be the best time to express that... babe... it's just not coming across as a heartfelt confession.
MC: You done?.. The only person you love is standing in front of me, stop trying to manipulate me. If your new life doesn't work out you made your bed, lie in it. I'm off to meet Julia for coffee, see ya.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: v1900 and motseer

Lucid Lancer

May 29, 2018
Yep, the way I see it, to her the MC wasn't even important enough to consider talking to about what she was going through. People can get a job anywhere. You don't always meet a person with perfect chemistry and fall in love.

So, I plan on completely ignoring her because of that. If the story allows it.
I'm hoping it does indeed, truth be told so long as i can avoid kim and kayla I'll keep playing it. I'm up for letting bygones be bygones but no more of that from anyone anymore, not even a little.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Finally played the first chapter, chose to ask Julia out, though I may have to go through again so I can try to be with Olivia. Overall, a good story, though the "twist" at the end was so obvious as to be painful. I hope that she has moved on and is engaged to someone else, or some other complication. As it stands, if there is nothing else to complicate the situation, it seems the MC's or Kim's stubbornness and worry about being hurt would be the impediments to rekindling the relationship.

Didn't like that when I decided not to ask Cynthia out the MC still talked about getting together with her on a different day. I'm not trying to have the MC be a player, he's a one woman man and that woman is Julia (in my current playthrough). The dialogue shouldn't make it that he is going to ask people out when the player has decided against it.

Interested to see where this goes. Hope Julia isn't a massive hellbeast of jealousy, also hope Kayla isn't cheating on Zeke (she seems like she wants out of that relationship, they both do).

Reactions: Xeron_Xr

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Man I Don't think Kim Is very popular but I really like her.
I didn't ask any other girl out because I'm hoping we get the choice for the mc to get back together with her.
She is easily my favourite character.
You would, Joshy. You definitely would. Hehehe Just pullin' yer chain, man. To each his own. LOL:p

Didn't like that when I decided not to ask Cynthia out the MC still talked about getting together with her on a different day. I'm not trying to have the MC be a player, he's a one woman man and that woman is Julia (in my current playthrough). The dialogue shouldn't make it that he is going to ask people out when the player has decided against it.
Yeah, sometimes ya just gotta think of them as female friends and it's OK to hang out with them from time to time and oh, yeah, resist the temptation when they constantly want to have sex with you. Life's a bitch sometimes, man. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Life hack: if a person puts "wanker" in their screen name, just believe them and put them on ignore. It makes things better.
Says the guy who put a dwarf from LOTR as his username and loves freckled redheads.:p Legit life advice right there from an underage kid hiding in his mom's basement jerking off to pixelated sluts. Don't give us more, or you'll make us too smart for our own good.;)

I agree about the ignore tho. I waste too much time on random lil nobodies instead of doing something productive.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
I've been all over this: Keyla is/will be a thing... but will conflict if pursuing Julia.
Neat. I don't know if I'll choose either of their routes, but I'm all for meaningful choices with a bit of spicy conflict.

Some of the plot points in this VN give me K-drama vibes. Wonder if the dev has taken some inspiration from em.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Neat. I don't know if I'll choose either of their routes, but I'm all for meaningful choices with a bit of spicy conflict.

Some of the plot points in this VN give me K-drama vibes. Wonder if the dev has taken some inspiration from em.
This dev is sharper than some might be giving credit for... imho. He has a plan although I'll admit I'm not privy to it all but it's painfully obvious in my in-depth eyeball of the scripts and convos with him. Things will get twisted a bit soon but I'll have his back (for what it's worth) if there are questions on how to implement anything. I'm no master but I can usually sort things out in short order. Plus he has all you fans to keep his ass straight! :ROFLMAO: :p

• Haha
Reactions: Crosaith.
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes