VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
We are all playing this game. We are holding the hand of dev through our deep dives into the plot of this game .. be it shallow as a Sunday times read of - who done it with who and - who ran away with who and - who is Leo di Caprio current underage victim and - who is this month Jude Law putting a baby into and - who was Kanie pump and dumping this weekend.
The girls and MC alike are carefree hook up artists, they just do not feel the sense of beholden that actual relationship driven boys and girls around the globe have in their hearts as a driving force to be with or follow their bethrothed anywhere and everywhere.
lol this is almost turned into a / popcorn read and a dumb one at that. I understand not liking the cheating flashback scene or w/e but to me it seems like a important one just to really put the nail in the coffin and show how horrible of a person Keyla is. As well to show how the MC was shitty to and correct me if im wrong as I forgot a bit but isn't part of the game's story trying portray how the MC is trying to be a better person than he was in the past.

Also I don't get how some thinks a flashback means it's forced relationship when it's that a flashback of the past and I been ignoring her in my game so nothing been forced other than to show some important backstory.
Correct....correct....aaaannnnd correct.

Well done Des, at least some of us actually pay attention.
Where exactly did you get the cheating on the MC from? :WaitWhat:She was forced to move with no prospect of coming back. If you consider her cheating, then MC did the same with Alessa, at that point becomes a mental gymnastic on who cheated first, but the fact is no one did it with the intention of cheating, they just thought will never see each other again and moved on.

The only actual cheating in the game is MC and Keyla cheating on Steve Zeke. :HideThePain:
Edit: Forgot Zeke cheating on Keyla also.
You are all a bunch of haters, I still hold hope for a Keyla redemption arc. :cautious: :Kappa: But yeah, I can't lie, last update was character assassination on her and when she polls same numbers as Kim, you know she is pretty much done.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You are all a bunch of haters
Hey not me...I have nothing against her other than not telling us Kim was leaving (though it is revealed this last update why she didn't say anything...to an extent, fair enough). Cheating does not bother me in the slightest as the MC was just as culpable. They both made a huge mistake. Done, in the past. She not my fave by a long way, but don't dislike her and do have a save for her.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
You are all a bunch of haters, I still hold hope for a Keyla redemption arc. :cautious: :Kappa: But yeah, I can't lie, last update was character assassination on her and when she polls same numbers as Kim, you know she is pretty much done.
yeah im only ignoring her cause im not into her compared to the other options. Ill eventually play her path just not a first or 2nd choice. But I wouldn't say I hate her I do think she has done some things that are horrible but she has to do more for me to actually hate her. I say maybe I just dislike her at the most. I actually hope she does get a redemption arc would make playing her path worthwhile when I do play it.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
reading about a bunch of cheating going on, before I play though does Kim do any of that? shes the only one that I like so far based on preview images

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
reading about a bunch of cheating going on, before I play though does Kim do any of that? shes the only one that I like so far based on preview images
no she doesn't cheat but she does leave the MC without telling him why and leave him to wonder why she left and went back home for about a year or 2 until she comes back.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
no she doesn't cheat but she does leave the MC without telling him why and leave him to wonder why she left and went back home for about a year or 2 until she comes back.
Oh okay that fine lol. Thank you.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Where exactly did you get the cheating on the MC from? :WaitWhat:She was forced to move with no prospect of coming back. If you consider her cheating, then MC did the same with Alessa, at that point becomes a mental gymnastic on who cheated first, but the fact is no one did it with the intention of cheating, they just thought will never see each other again and moved on.

The only actual cheating in the game is MC and Keyla cheating on Steve Zeke. :HideThePain:
Edit: Forgot Zeke cheating on Keyla also.
They're in high school when she leaves, she knows that MC is staying in town and she is only a few years away (at most) from turning 18. She specifically says that she wants MC to be her one and only and asks him to wait for her. She didn't even move that far, she met Zeke (not sure why I called him Steve lol) in Buffalo, whereas the rest of the game takes place somewhere else in New York state (possibly NYC), that's at most a few hours away. This is in the 2010's, so cellphones and the internet already exist. There's absolutely no reason why she should think that she'll never see him again. She even specifically decides to go to school with Zeke because it will bring her back to town to see MC, which means she knew she still loved MC and easily could've gone back without ever fucking Zeke. The only thing she didn't anticipate was that Zeke and MC were already best friends. All of that amounts to cheating, even if the MC also cheated, which she didn't know about anyway.

Personally, it doesn't even bother me that much me that she cheated on MC. It's unfortunate, because I thought she was interesting in Chapter 1, but she was already my least favorite LI, so I was going to ignore her anyway. The thing that bothers me, as I've repeatedly said, is the lack of player agency in the MC fucking her again, behind Zeke's back, after she ditched MC for Zeke to begin with. You could easily put a variable in for MC to betray Zeke and side with Keyla or to be loyal to Zeke. The same thing goes for Alessia, you could easily have the MC sleep with her behind Keyla's back or not, obviously Alessia isn't over MC anyway so it would be simple for them to have either had an intimate relationship or for the MC to have been a close friend who comforted her during a difficult time, whom she developed feelings for.

pra86

Feb 22, 2020
Their original and first relationship was far from toxic...anything but, the exact opposite in fact. You reading the same dialogue as everyone else?

Everything after that, the rekindling and then the subsequent failing tell the MC about Kim...sure...she deserves it, as much as the MC does for also rekindling. So hate her, surely you all hate the MC (you) just as much hmmm? Food for thought...
Apologies if I wasn't clear. I'm not referring to their original relationship (which was diabetes-inducing sweet), but the one after she reunited with him - where he pretty much abandoned all his self-respect.

I don't hate the MC. He was a young, dumb college kid, and chose to let his dick do the thinking for him. The point is, you can have him learn from his mistakes and grow to become a better person. Kayla, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have learned anything much from the past. I don't exactly hate her either, but she's the kind of person who just cannot help herself, instead ruining herself and those around her too. People like that end up becoming a liability, no matter what fond memories you may have of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Apologies if I wasn't clear. I'm not referring to their original relationship (which was diabetes-inducing sweet), but the one after she reunited with him - where he pretty much abandoned all his self-respect.

I don't hate the MC. He was a young, dumb college kid, and chose to let his dick do the thinking for him. The point is, you can have him learn from his mistakes and grow to become a better person. Kayla, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have learned anything much from the past. I don't exactly hate her either, but she's the kind of person who just cannot help herself, instead ruining herself and those around her too. People like that end up becoming a liability, no matter what fond memories you may have of them.
Ahhh fair point, I misunderstood.

As for the rest, yes she does eem that way but for me, she seems quite a complex character that many people don't want to even try and understand. She is obviously still hung up on the MC and when coming back she (nor the MC) realised his best friend was her new bf. Not ideal but still all fair. Now, when they both realised and continued, that's when it gets contentious I agree. However, they both continued...so I maintain, all the hate for Keyla must also be directed at the MC. You cannot say the MC was young and dumb, yet then demonise Keyla...it's one or the other I afraid (when thinking rationally and logically and not emotionally).

It is also very obvious (if one chooses to open ones eyes and see the reality) that Keyla's marriage is incredibly toxic and neither love each other and that, he is actually far worse than she is. Should she have married him because she couldn't have the MC? No...but I actually can perfectly relate with her there as I did the exact same thing with my first marriage and no, I shouldn't have married someone who ultimately was 'second best'. Sure, was a big mistake but as this very thread over the last few pages perfectly and capably demonstrates, people are not exactly rational when they are emotional.

Now I'm not saying I love her, the character but the hate against her is utterly ridiculous. How she acts moving forward now is ultimately what matters as both her and the MC are guilty and both played their part in the past. I just hope (from a story point of view), that even if we are not on her path, they leave each other as it's not a good marriage from either side.

Ultimately though, she has done the MC (us) no wrong...and this to me is why this is one of the better VN's around, creating characters so believable and real that it promotes (usually healthy and civil) discussions like this.

Reactions: pra86

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
No matter what mistake the characters made in the past, there are chances for them to be better in the future.
However, I still want to bang all girls in this game in walk towards the nearly impossible harem end. That's the fun.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
View attachment 3295496
Sorry, they are both assholes, the MC for doing this shit and his 'best buddy' who cheated too. She cheated on him, but he doesn't know that, so yes, he is a piece of shit too. And I feel your point on this too.

The MC fucking his best friend's girl threw me off, but doing this and saying to her that he is like a BROTHER to him is what disgusted me the most..
My guess there will be more with regards to the best buddy story, as the story plays out. And, I believe MC uses the "best friend" title too loosely, and feel Z... is actually real good at being the selfish manipulating asshole...who was able to snow everyone around him, even the MC.

Also, most guys who are best friend's while in high school, and or even college would share with each other about their past and present girl conquests, as well many other things that's going on in their lives. Yet MC's so called friend didn't even make any effort to tell, or even invite MC to the wedding...but an actual friend would.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: risky0 and Maviarab

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey, everyone!
A bit of a shorter dev log this week as I’m focusing only on posing the scenes in DAZ all week, so there isn’t much to talk about.
I’ve done all the renders for the scenes I set off to finish this week, I didn’t write anything this time around, but I managed to get 7 scenes completely finished this week alone (code, dialogues and images). I’m knocking out the shorter and faster scenes first since these are fairly easy to finish. I will leave the longer and more complicated ones for last.
Also, this month’s Patreon special set is finished rendering, as soon as I’m done editing I will post them for the Bright Road tier and above.
It’s Candace!

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
Just finished playing this the first time. Enjoyed it a lot, great renders, writing, and LIs. Then I got here and was so pissed off.
1706696919362.png

Wait, what Kimmy route? We met once, she told me to call her and then nothing. So I restarted to see where I fucked it up...aaand please make it make sense :FacePalm:
Untitled-1.png

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Just finished playing this the first time. Enjoyed it a lot, great renders, writing, and LIs. Then I got here and was so pissed off.
View attachment 3311422

Wait, what Kimmy route? We met once, she told me to call her and then nothing. So I restarted to see where I fucked it up...aaand please make it make sense :FacePalm:
View attachment 3311426
What exactly is the problem? No one else has an issue with it. (other than most dislike the character lol).

alive89

Mar 8, 2023
'Kimmy' is how the dev classifies Kimberly in the code. There are a few variables named 'kimmy_route' or 'kimmy_affection' for example.
On Discord, the dev mentioned that in the next update, we will have the option to change Kim's name (the Korean ex-gf) to her first name. This change is to avoid further confusion between Kim and Kimberly.
There will be a second chance to enter Kimberly/Kimmy's route in case we missed it the first time. Similar to how he did with Julia when we didn't ask her out on a date the first time, then she comes and asks if we'd like to go to the park with her.
Personally I like how intricate the things happen in this game, feels like the replayability will go much deeper as the updates come.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
What exactly is the problem?
I think the images I posted are quite self explanatory.
Personally I like how intricate the things happen in this game, feels like the replayability will go much deeper as the updates come.
I don't have a problem with meaningful choices and consequences. But I want my choices to be educated and the consequences earned.
Not asking out Julia, and then either turning down her invitation or not kissing her in the park are very clear choices with very clear outcomes. Turning down character A locking me out of character B when I didn't even know of B's existance, let alone that we'd bump into her if I go with A is quite the opposite.
Am I just suppose to say yes to everything in fear of missing a whole ass character if I don't go with everyone? Then I'm not even "playing" the game, might as well be a kinetic novel.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think the images I posted are quite self explanatory.
Well obviously not and like I said, you're the first to bring it up...sooo...
But I want my choices to be educated and the consequences earned.

Turning down character A locking me out of character B when I didn't even know of B's existance, let alone that we'd bump into her if I go with A is quite the opposite.
Ohhh...if only real life was like that huh....

Shame eh?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes