Yiff.Party is Going down, Can anyone start development of an alternative?

lewdnano

Nov 10, 2020
Really, just learn how to host your own site.

That's the main problem. Everyone depends on one site for all their needs. What will you do when kemono goes down?

cassie_futa

Jul 16, 2018
[QUOTE = "lewdnano, postagem: 5837131, membro: 3044203"]
Na verdade, apenas aprenda como hospedar seu próprio site.

Esse é o principal problema. Todos dependem de um site para todas as suas necessidades. O que você vai fazer quando o kemono cair?
[/CITAR]
Will the kemono fall?

hatesfoxes99

Apr 18, 2020
Oh I thought you were talking about non-furry related xxx art. Thats what I use those sites for, and that stuff has always existed on both sites (regardless of the websites names) without much objection from the community.
That is what I meant no irl or non furry stuff was meant to be on there, and there was alot of objections from the community if you read any of the forums on yiff.party there was a whole war against the furries and non furries

Dec 4, 2020
if you read any of the forums on yiff.party there was a whole war against the furries and non furries
I did read the forums, I was on the site for a couple of years and most of the text wars going on were between IRL fans and furry fans (also artists vs pirates; and DRM wars). Non furry art was rarely attacked, atleast in the couple of years I used the site.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Got a update on the region issue I've been having a few days now.

Apparently Kemono servers is 100% blacklisted in certain countries. By Verizon, along with Nyaa, Mangadex and a bunch of other servers. Protected by ddos-guard on the 185.178.208.0 network addresses.
They are purposefully incorrectly routing them to the /32 network instead of the correct /24 network that ddos-guard runs, so changing DNS will not bypass it, only a VPN or using Tor browser

You can verify this by plugging the IP address of the server you are trying to connect to into in Show BGP Route mode. Any result that shows the address with /32 at the end will have its packets dropped because it is not a valid address.

The admins/Mods of the site should've let us know which regions are messed up and say what's being done or planned to bring those regions back online. Some people are able to load the site & images fine, but others(Like myself) still can't get anything to work. But like I say before, their communication for MAJOR issues like this is nonexistent.

There really isn't much kemono can do to escape this kind of blacklist. The best I can do for now is to share this information with others and use a VPN when needed. It not a solution for this problem, just a workaround.

Fate's End

Dec 9, 2016

With this statement, I think we can safely say that Kemono has fully filled y.p's void and then some, with the exclusion of supplemental file uploads. The performance outpaces yiff in its heyday, it can accept content from a plethora of sites, there's a request system, and the owner at least is more open and invested than ypadmin ever was.

That said, y.p wasn't the best site to begin with, and if they manage to implement categories to organize, filter, and help discoverability, it will be a MASSIVE improvement.

Reactions: auraek and XenoHaze
Nov 22, 2020

With this statement, I think we can safely say that Kemono has fully filled y.p's void and then some, with the exclusion of supplemental file uploads. The performance outpaces yiff in its heyday, it can accept content from a plethora of sites, there's a request system, and the owner at least is more open and invested than ypadmin ever was.

That said, y.p wasn't the best site to begin with, and if they manage to implement categories to organize, filter, and help discoverability, it will be a MASSIVE improvement.
true yiff will always have a spot in our hearts but with these additions kimono is on the road of surpassing it

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Kemono.party is yiff.party replacement
Not for 100 percent because for many developers there is no content for example before on yiff party we can download content of uncleloko but now there is nobody post there his month art packs and it really sad

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Not for 100 percent because for many developers there is no content for example before on yiff party we can download content of uncleloko but now there is nobody post there his month art packs and it really sad
That due to Kemono Party having a harder entry then Yiff.party. Yiff.party manage to not get blacklist by ISPs and gather amount of people needed to share content to the site frequently. Kemono still need to work on gaining more importers to share content at a frequent time.

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
Anyone know why all the posts on Kemono seem to have the same images 2-3 times? Every post with a picture seems to have it multiple times.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Anyone know why all the posts on Kemono seem to have the same images 2-3 times? Every post with a picture seems to have it multiple times.
it's kinda file itself and then attachment link from how I understand it, it's like that only for first image, all subsequent images wihtin a post are attachment links

welcomedoom47

Nov 8, 2018
I read that the owner didn't want the hassle of the forums any more and deleted the whole thing without letting anyone back anything up

jmoney1000

Feb 27, 2019
strange that nobody actually looked at the linked seiso.party that linked it all. hmmm i'll never tell