fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

Weekly report

How fast this week went by! It seems that it was only a while ago that I wrote the previous weekly report! haha.

This was an intense week, with a lot of work, in which I finished transferring all the information to the new disk, and so I was able to remove the defective one.

I also made a good progress with the renders, I had several scenes already built that needed to be processed and some of them are already incorporated to the game and as I write this, some others are in queue to be rendered.

This week I finished building an erotic scene, which is something special because it is the first time that within a scene of this type you have options on what you want to do, I think it turned out pretty good, I've been testing it inside the game and everything works as it should.

And about the release date, chapter 7 will be published in February, that's for sure, but I can't give you an exact date yet because there are still some things to complete and I can't calculate the time it will take me.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hey Zargon_games, I love your game so far. I think the characters that you've created have way overshot the runway in terms of quality. I like the way Ruby is and I can't imagine how her story is gonna go, but I trust that you are gonna flesh it out in an amazing way. That said, I'm concerned for Emma. I'd say she's my favorite of the bunch. She's this naive, unconfident, but sweet individual that is just begging to be loved. I'm not sure if you're planning for her to change, I'm talking about weight here. I think she's perfect the way she is. In fact, I think it's better that you have different types of models in your game considering how many of the same models pervade the land. I get that you maybe want a tranfomation of sorts with her weight loss, but my thought is, people fall in love with the people they fall in love with. I doubt Emma being a little heavy is a bad thing, but a metabolism issue (at least it can be for the plot). What I'm saying is that, I prefer the Emma that we have. We don't need a "skinny" version of her. She's sweet and she should love the person she is and be comfortable in her own skin.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on it. Please don't change her. She's wonderful and you should be proud :D

• Angry
Reactions: genthrow

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
Hey Zargon_games, I love your game so far. I think the characters that you've created have way overshot the runway in terms of quality. I like the way Ruby is and I can't imagine how her story is gonna go, but I trust that you are gonna flesh it out in an amazing way. That said, I'm concerned for Emma. I'd say she's my favorite of the bunch. She's this naive, unconfident, but sweet individual that is just begging to be loved. I'm not sure if you're planning for her to change, I'm talking about weight here. I think she's perfect the way she is. In fact, I think it's better that you have different types of models in your game considering how many of the same models pervade the land. I get that you maybe want a tranfomation of sorts with her weight loss, but my thought is, people fall in love with the people they fall in love with. I doubt Emma being a little heavy is a bad thing, but a metabolism issue (at least it can be for the plot). What I'm saying is that, I prefer the Emma that we have. We don't need a "skinny" version of her. She's sweet and she should love the person she is and be comfortable in her own skin.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on it. Please don't change her. She's wonderful and you should be proud :D
What's wrong with a girl wanting to look healthy? She's amazing, but she's definitely overweight, and she shouldn't be proud of it. It's really great to see her transform in the future and how much more confident she will become, we all love her already, but most people want to have a healthy version of her. She's my favorite character but she won't stop being cute if she loses weight. Adele was insulted by idiots on Instagram after her weight loss, why isn't she proud of being fat? Why should she lose weight? These are crazy people who can't be happy for her. In general, being fat is bad, but to pull yourself together and put your body in order is a reason to be proud of yourself, and we are not talking about beautiful curvy forms, wide hips, big breasts and a big heart shaped ass - it's all beautiful, but Emma does not have this, she is just an ordinary overweight girl who hasn't bloomed yet. Anyone understands that eating well and going to the gym is great, but sitting at home and eating chips is not great, no need to be lazy

Reactions: genthrow

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
What's wrong with a girl wanting to look healthy? She's amazing, but she's definitely overweight, and she shouldn't be proud of it. It's really great to see her transform in the future and how much more confident she will become, we all love her already, but most people want to have a healthy version of her. She's my favorite character but she won't stop being cute if she loses weight. Adele was insulted by idiots on Instagram after her weight loss, why isn't she proud of being fat? Why should she lose weight? These are crazy people who can't be happy for her. In general, being fat is bad, but to pull yourself together and put your body in order is a reason to be proud of yourself, and we are not talking about beautiful curvy forms, wide hips, big breasts and a big heart shaped ass - it's all beautiful, but Emma does not have this, she is just an ordinary overweight girl who hasn't bloomed yet. Anyone understands that eating well and going to the gym is great, but sitting at home and eating chips is not great, no need to be lazy
I know you didn't mean to say this, but "shouldn't be proud" and "being fat is bad" is such a flippant way to describe a fictional character's body type and life (or a real life person to be honest). I'm not saying being fat is healthy, nor is it abhorrent to be skinny. The issue that I have is that the character was created with this shape in mind. Healthy? This is a GAME! Only the author can make her have adverse health conditions. I don't see this a problem at the moment.

I don't know why you added the real life Adele aside to this discussion when Adele is a real life person. We all know real life people can be dicks online; also good for her for losing weight! But these things are NOT the same. Losing weight is very helpful: for real life people. Have I said "real life" enough times? Damn, now I'M being flippant.

Being fat is not bad, it can be unhealthy which can lead to bad things. Being grossly overweight is bad. I doubt that even if there was a risk of Illness from this fictional world, Emma would even come close to having real health issues. I have plenty of relatives that are very healthy but are overweight because of their metabolism. They have to go to much more limiting diets and more exercise for them to look "healthy" by your standards. But they gotta work so they don't have time to squeeze in exercise between child care and sleep.

I'm not saying the dev can't change Emma. My thoughts are, I'd prefer he doesn't. It's good to see a slightly bigger girl in a VN. This is something that would make you happy because there are fat people in "real life!" (I'm being flippant again :/) Like I said earlier, I feel you were off base by condemning "fat" people for their dietary choices. I'd rather date a fat person with a good sense of self, a fulfilling job and/or a great personality than one that is just "healthy." People are fat all over the world, just cause it's unhealthy doesn't mean they don't live their lives. I'd rather Emma stay a character that reflects a person that doesn't have to be skinny to have a higher self esteem. The MC prior to death also wasn't super skinny nor is the mother. I know I wouldn't look down on my kids/friends for being fat, nor being skinny as a matter of fact.

Lastly, I know I kind of went off on you, but honestly, what you said was really insensitive in a weird way. I'm not even saying you condemned fat people, and I'm not sensitive by nature, but man, I could feel the indifference in your words. Didn't like it.

Regardless, I wish you a good day!

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020

Hi Larry, thank you very much for your comment. This debate has already happened several times in the course of this post, and I really understand both points of view, I know that many have become attached to Emma as she is and do not want her to change, but keep in mind that part of your mission is to make her lose weight, and from what we can see so far I think it' s clear that Emma wants to change, not that we are forcing her to do anything.

Anyway rest assured that I will be very careful with this, the transformation will be in such a way that Emma will still be Emma, and not another standard skinny model that is common to see. And by the way, no matter if she loses a few pounds, I don't think that her personality will change, well maybe she becomes a little more confident, who knows... =)

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hi Larry, thank you very much for your comment. This debate has already happened several times in the course of this post, and I really understand both points of view, I know that many have become attached to Emma as she is and do not want her to change, but keep in mind that part of your mission is to make her lose weight, and from what we can see so far I think it' s clear that Emma wants to change, not that we are forcing her to do anything.

Anyway rest assured that I will be very careful with this, the transformation will be in such a way that Emma will still be Emma, and not another standard skinny model that is common to see. And by the way, no matter if she loses a few pounds, I don't think that her personality will change, well maybe she becomes a little more confident, who knows... =)
Honestly, I see that your hands are tied. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Of course I'll still care for Emma, that's not a question. And honestly, I trust you since you've treated the MC so well in this (What I mean by that is you've done a good job with MC's inner monologue, no "I wanna fuck her hard right now" stuff and more importantly, NO MANIPULATION). I still don't like the answer honestly because I think a young woman losing weight to increase her self esteem is such an unhealthy trope. I'm down with weight loss. I appreciate the dedication it takes and think it's an overall better way of life. That said, it'd be great if a slightly overweight woman in fiction wasn't reduced to her body. Wouldn't it be just as good of a plot point that MC makes her realize that she doesn't need to lose weight to have a better self esteem?

I guess that's my only request on the matter. Let her become confident before the weight loss. That way it's her character that defines her development not a superficial need to look like Ruby or something. That's all I ask and I think it's doable.

Those are my thoughts. Zargon, you are fantastic and keep up the good job regardless!

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
Honestly, I see that your hands are tied. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Of course I'll still care for Emma, that's not a question. And honestly, I trust you since you've treated the MC so well in this (What I mean by that is you've done a good job with MC's inner monologue, no "I wanna fuck her hard right now" stuff and more importantly, NO MANIPULATION). I still don't like the answer honestly because I think a young woman losing weight to increase her self esteem is such an unhealthy trope. I'm down with weight loss. I appreciate the dedication it takes and think it's an overall better way of life. That said, it'd be great if a slightly overweight woman in fiction wasn't reduced to her body. Wouldn't it be just as good of a plot point that MC makes her realize that she doesn't need to lose weight to have a better self esteem?

I guess that's my only request on the matter. Let her become confident before the weight loss. That way it's her character that defines her development not a superficial need to look like Ruby or something. That's all I ask and I think it's doable.

Those are my thoughts. Zargon, you are fantastic and keep up the good job regardless!
Did you know that in order to increase your self-esteem and confidence, the first thing you need to do is start improving yourself? I really don't understand why you say, "I think a young woman losing weight to boost her self - esteem is such an unhealthy trope" when it's absolutely healthy, whether you want to live by beauty standards or not, it's up to you, but being overweight is the result of laziness. There are many women whose children are already adults, and they still watch their figure, and this is wonderful, some women only get more gorgeous with age, the milf body and all that, but a fat belly does not suit anyone. And why can't I compare "real life" people and game characters? This is a normal comparison, there is nothing wrong with that. Emma wants to lose weight, and I'm very happy about it, I like her no matter how she looks, because she is a beautiful character, and her self-esteem and confidence WILL increase BEFORE she loses weight from the fact that MC loves her no matter how she looks, and as the dev said she will remain the same beautiful character as we know her, only prettier.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

Big weekly report ( New voted character + changes )

This week I have a lot to tell you, so be warned that this is going to be a long post haha.
But first let's talk about the poll, last week I asked to the top tier Patreons to help me to choose a new girl for the game, I needed a new character for the devopment of the story and Grace was the chosen one, here is some pictures of her:

You may remember her, she had a very short appearance in the game, seen walking in the fast food place when you are on your date with Emma.

She will appear briefly in chapter 7 , (I was waiting to see which girl was the chosen one to set that scene) , but in next chapters her story will be unfolding and we will see more of her for sure.

Anyway if you have voted for any of the other girls don't be sad, when we need a new girl for the game we will use some of them, so sooner or later they will appear.

Also, do you remember this image from chapter 5?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is the warehouse where Lucas works, and now writing about this I realized that I need to expand the criminal organization where he’s involved, that warehouse looks too sloppy and small for what I have in mind, so I have enlarged it in chapter 7, and to give coherence to the story I changed the images where it's seen in chapter 5, this is the new one:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't want to tell you too much about this because I dont want to spoil the story when you play it, but in this new chapter we will discover a little more about this organization, and maybe we will know what's behind that curtain, who knows. =)

This chapter is getting bigger than I thought, I have a lot to tell and I've already exceeded the standard size of a chapter, but I prefer it to be a little longer than having to put the end in a place where there are some things left half done.

The problem is that a lot of things happen in this chapter and although it's good to leave the player wanting something more, I don't like to leave many loose ends, so expect a chapter a little longer than the ones you are used to.

As always I leave you with the picture of the progress so far, as you can see we are very close to finish it, but no release date yet (sorry about that) , probably next week I will be able to confirm it.

34/40

Last edited:

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020
Haha I just realized that I wrote "pool" instead of "poll", that sentence at the beginning of the report sounds odd.

And well, now that my patreon report has been published here I hope you like the addition of the new girl, I remember that a couple of pages ago someone asked me to put her in the game.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Zargon_games I'm not sure what I was expecting with this game, but what I got was certainly not it and I mean that in the best possible way. Was far better than I was expecting for some reason. Nice job. (y)

Find myself wanting to be very fatherly to Emma but also surprisingly attracted to her.

But of course Ruby is my girl.

Hoping it gives a harem option, but also an option to set Natalie up with someone and have her dissapear from the story.

Reactions: Zargon_games

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020
Zargon_games I'm not sure what I was expecting with this game, but what I got was certainly not it and I mean that in the best possible way. Was far better than I was expecting for some reason. Nice job. (y)

Find myself wanting to be very fatherly to Emma but also surprisingly attracted to her.

But of course Ruby is my girl.

Hoping it gives a harem option, but also an option to set Natalie up with someone and have her dissapear from the story.
It gives me great satisfaction that you feel this way, since in writing the relationship with Emma I try to show the conflicting feelings that the main character has with her.

At a certain moment you will have to choose if you want to try to win all the women (Harem ending maybe?) or focus on one of them, but I will do it giving the player the option to choose his path when the time comes, I will not put a hidden score system where if you made a bad choice at some point you cannot get to the end you want, I think that system is pretty lame.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It gives me great satisfaction that you feel this way, since in writing the relationship with Emma I try to show the conflicting feelings that the main character has with her.

At a certain moment you will have to choose if you want to try to win all the women (Harem ending maybe?) or focus on one of them, but I will do it giving the player the option to choose his path when the time comes, I will not put a hidden score system where if you made a bad choice at some point you cannot get to the end you want, I think that system is pretty lame.
I'm here for the Ruby only ending... Hope that happens. I will also play a man-bear-pig-slut game and fuck them all but I prefer to be able to choose who the MC touches genitals with... Which is why I wasn't happy about the principal. But we've been able to avoid her in subsequent updates.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I'm here for the Ruby only ending... Hope that happens. I will also play a man-bear-pig-slut game and fuck them all but I prefer to be able to choose who the MC touches genitals with... Which is why I wasn't happy about the principal. But we've been able to avoid her in subsequent updates.
Yeah I normally go the harem route when it's there but I might very well do Ruby only route while giving Emma the fatherly /older brotherly love she needs.

Reactions: MrFriendly

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I want Zoe, Ruby, and Emma. But that's it. All other women in the game so far are not of interest. So I'm hoping either harem means just those three, or you can go partial harem. I'd even settle for just two of them. Maybe. Tough choice if I have to.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I want Zoe, Ruby, and Emma. But that's it. All other women in the game so far are not of interest. So I'm hoping either harem means just those three, or you can go partial harem. I'd even settle for just two of them. Maybe. Tough choice if I have to.
I'd take Zoe's sister over Zoe every day.
The MC's mom is not that great, but hell I'd take them all her included, except Pauls ex. Happily find her someone else as long as I don't have to watch.

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
In agreement from me too Ruby route first then man whore 2nd play through.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I liked the look on Emma's face when Ruby kissed the MC.

I knew the second the mother said she has male co worker that he'd be a ugly fat bastard and I also knew he'd also be a pig. Gets to work and surprise surprise surprise. I edited the MC's thoughts to this is exactly how I imagined him to look.

Would be great if you could get the ugly fat bastard and Natalie together by making both of them drink one of the potions.

Last edited:

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
I liked the look on Emma's face when Ruby kissed the MC.

I knew the second the mother said she has male co worker that he'd be a ugly fat bastard and I also knew he'd also be a pig. Gets to work and surprise surprise surprise. I edited the MC's thoughts to this is exactly how I imagined him to look.

Would be great if you could get the ugly fat bastard and Natalie together by making both of them drink one of the potions.
That wouldn't be great, no one wants Natalie to be with that asshole. She'll get together with a nice guy, or better with our MC

• Haha
Reactions: MrFriendly
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes