Sep 3, 2020
I wonder if I'm the only person here who actually preferred Odette to Swansong. I liked Odette's honesty and straightforwardness. She's not exactly polite, but she doesn't quite shut Caleb down like Silver does either. They were able to have an actual back and forth conversation at least. It didn't really feel like she has some grand design for him either, though it seems pursuing her suits Silver's ends at least in the short-term. There's still a sense of danger attached to going after her even if she seems to be more inclined to bed Caleb than eat or murder him.

Swansong is definitely seductive and attractive, but super predatory and violent. She's not just dangerous to Caleb, but a threat to his friends as well. She seems like potentially a good choice if you hate the other characters because she might just get rid of a few along the way. Is she unhinged or just a typical vampire with one thing on her mind? Caleb will have his work cut out for him either way. Looks-wise, she reminds me a bit more of Jeanette Voerman from Vampire: the Masquerade -- Bloodlines than Harley Quinn. Many AVNs have been inspired by VTMB, but I'd say Zero End is the one that comes closest to recapturing the atmosphere of the original that I've ever played.

This is waaaaaay out there, but I'm wondering if Stolen Rose might be a Marcel Proust fan. Odette Swann is a character in Remembrance of Things Past so I found it interesting that we have both an Odette and a Swan(song) in the game. However, I would say Caleb is definitely more amongst the Flowers of Evil than he is in the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower...and that right there is probably one too many French literature jokes for a F95zone post.
yes she do I have a reading disability so I can't play Vampire: the Masquerade -- Bloodlines but I know the character

and I don't hate the other characters

it is just for right now swansong is the only interesting character to me but it's early in the game so

I'm expecting it to change

Reactions: EndlessNights

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
it is just for right now swansong is the only interesting character to me but it's early in the game so
Well, if anyone can convince her to give peace and love a chance I think it'll be your Caleb. Maybe she could learn to take out all her frustrations on her new man and give the rest of the world a pass.

Would you rather see Caleb become Swansong's blood doll or have her turn him into a vampire too? They could be together forever in the latter case, but it might actually be even more romantic if Swansong decided to exclusively drink Caleb's blood.

Last edited:

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Many AVNs have been inspired by VTMB, but I'd say Zero End is the one that comes closest to recapturing the atmosphere of the original that I've ever played.
Could you recommend some? I tried looking to see what others are doing in this genre, but I couldn't find anything.

This is waaaaaay out there, but I'm wondering if Stolen Rose might be a Marcel Proust fan. Odette Swann is a character in Remembrance of Things Past so I found it interesting that we have both an Odette and a Swan(song) in the game. However, I would say Caleb is definitely more amongst the Flowers of Evil than he is in the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower...and that right there is probably one too many French literature jokes for a F95zone post.
Wasn't by design, I studied English Literature in college. The 1.5 mil words of Remembrance of Things Past was always too intimidating for me

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
Could you recommend some? I tried looking to see what others are doing in this genre, but I couldn't find anything.
I think The Bite: Revenant is the next best in the group. Rebirth is quite popular though I'm not thrilled with the way the story has gone. The Seven Realms has a cool mythology of its own going, but I felt the vampire vs werewolf conflict in the game was definitely World of Darkness-inspired. Some others I've played include Bite, Darkness Revenge, and Welcome to Hell...I'm not completely sold on those three if you can't tell. :)

Wasn't by design, I studied English Literature in college. The 1.5 mil words of Remembrance of Things Past was always too intimidating for me
No wonder you're doing such a good job with the writing given that background! What are some of your favorite horror novels? Also, have you ever read Carmilla by chance? I only very recently found out about it, but it sounds quite unique: it's a Victorian, lesbian vampire novel that predates Dracula and apparently challenges some of the social attitudes of the day. Is there anything else besides VTMB (and maybe W.I.T.C.H.) that you consider to have had a big influence on Zero End?

I'm sure you'd be able to handle Remembrance of Things Past if you felt so inclined. It's certainly intimidating to start (and encounter one of Proust's really long descriptions for the first time), but I've finished it twice. Proust has a certain rhythm you get used to after a while and I don't find him as difficult to read as Faulkner or Joyce. There's good and bad parts to the work, but some of the good parts are very, very good.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight
Sep 3, 2020
I think The Bite: Revenant is the next best in the group. Rebirth is quite popular though I'm not thrilled with the way the story has gone. The Seven Realms has a cool mythology of its own going, but I felt the vampire vs werewolf conflict in the game was definitely World of Darkness-inspired. Some others I've played include Bite, Darkness Revenge, and Welcome to Hell...I'm not completely sold on those three if you can't tell. :)

No wonder you're doing such a good job with the writing given that background! What are some of your favorite horror novels? Also, have you ever read Carmilla by chance? I only very recently found out about it, but it sounds quite unique: it's a Victorian, lesbian vampire novel that predates Dracula and apparently challenges some of the social attitudes of the day. Is there anything else besides VTMB (and maybe W.I.T.C.H.) that you consider to have had a big influence on Zero End?

I'm sure you'd be able to handle Remembrance of Things Past if you felt so inclined. It's certainly intimidating to start (and encounter one of Proust's really long descriptions for the first time), but I've finished it twice. Proust has a certain rhythm you get used to after a while and I don't find him as difficult to read as Faulkner or Joyce. There's good and bad parts to the work, but some of the good parts are very, very good.
personally, I think The Bite: Revenant is the best out of all of them

second is Welcome to Hell.

Third is The Seven Realms

personally, I dropped. Rebirth when they lobotomized an innocent girls brain and acted like it was no big deal

and Darkness Revenge needs more updates before I can give you my opinion

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
The game rebirth was mentioned and it was said that the game took a turn for the worse so to say, so I'm going to ask what kind of turn did this game take to get a negative review because I'm not going to read through over six hundred pages of comment on that game's main page to maybe get an answer to why some folks don't like the way the game has unfolded.

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
SToLeN Rose

Will we have the option of killing the Dean and her group as well as silver and her group, basically I want to know if we can kill our enemies in this game or not.
While I'm interested in hearing the official answer, I doubt we'll get specifics because that would make for some major spoilers. My personal opinion is that yes, we probably will have an opportunity to slay some enemies (or get slain) along the way. The Dean is already out for blood (in a different way than Swansong is :D) so the game Caleb has inadvertently wandered into definitely seems to have life and death stakes.

However, I think it's possible our MC will need to ally with some unsavory and/or unfriendly characters in order to take on a larger opponent like Invictus. Perhaps Selena will plead Caleb's case to the Dean. Perhaps befriending Odette will be the key to coming to an understanding with Silver. Everyone who looks like an enemy (or a friend) at the moment may not remain so in the long run. I'm quite mad at the Dean for her complete lack of lunar solidarity, but I'd still want Caleb to hold his nose and team up with her if it was necessary to defeat someone even more despicable. That doesn't mean they'll necessarily be going out for drinks or become fuckbuddies any time soon...though I wouldn't completely rule that out either!

By the way, do you realize you tagged a different user instead of Stolen Rose? Maybe that's a good thing because after six years of membership it's probably about time for SToLeN to start participating a bit more around here. Who should Caleb align with and why? We need to know and we need to know it right now, SToLeN!

Last edited:

_FY_

Sep 5, 2022
SToLeN Rose

Will we have the option of killing the Dean and her group as well as silver and her group, basically I want to know if we can kill our enemies in this game or not.
My dude that would be such a huge spoiler. Why would you want to know something like that ahead of time instead of watching the story unfold naturally? I feel like that would ruin a a lot of the suspense and mystery.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
SToLeN Rose
That's like asking for your Christmas presents early.

Why kill the Dean anyway? Why not have the option to join forces? I get the feeling that the Dean's order is based on politics rather than personal antagonism, or gangsterism. So, plenty of scope in the story to become better allies. After all, Caleb doesn't know about the kill order. They're allies now as far as Caleb is concerned. Albeit reluctant ones. It doesn't mean he trusts the Dean, far from it. I'd like to see how he stays one step ahead of her. He's already done it once, but only by having 'break glass'. So, he's already on his guard due to the fragile nature their current alliance of convenience. How will the dynamic with Selena play out? She's been given an order she already doesn't want to carry out. To kill the Dean you'll likely have to kill Selena too.

Nah, that's a comic book approach, kill 'em all. This ain't no comic book. Caleb has already been positioned as someone who, whilst not shy of getting his hands dirty, isn't a warrior. Or a ruthless killer. He's smart enough to know that he's only safe as long as he's useful. So, he has to stay useful, become too valuable, become too strong, or at least, get to a place where killing him is more trouble than it's worth.

But there's a hint when Marie is talking to Silver "He's a shell of what he was".

_FY_

Sep 5, 2022
What's the club song called? Sounds dope.
I'll try to help, but do you mind sharing a screenshot of when it's playing? I know there are at least three songs that play during the club scenes.

Last edited:

malridoo

Oct 9, 2020
I'll try to help, but do you mind sharing a screenshot of a when it's playing? I know there are at least three songs that play during the club scenes.
Actually it was when MC with the other 3 were drinking on the first day they arrived. It was some kind of a club song.

_FY_

Sep 5, 2022
Actually it was when MC with the other 3 were drinking on the first day they arrived. It was some kind of a club song.
Are you talking about the song that repeats 'Alright, okay, alright, okay' then proceeds into a more electronic dance style?

"elysian bailey - They're Coming"

Nice song, btw.

Last edited:

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022

Thanks for the recommendations. I started to check out The Bite and it's pretty good. The UI rubs me the wrong way, but apart from that it's quite enjoyable. Definitely a lot more focused on Vampire than what I've got going.

Honestly, the focus on creative writing in college was so low, I was the most qualified person there to teach it(which I did in some workshops we held--fun times). And that's saying something, considering that was 7 years ago and I'd only been learning creative writing for about 2 years at the time.

Hadn't heard of Carmilla, but that sounds exactly like the type of thing I'd enjoy, so I'll definitely be buying it soon(tried looking around bookstores yesterday, but no luck). Thanks for the recommendation. It's gonna sound weird, but I haven't read a lot of horror novels--I grew up reading my dad's collection of Sci Fi and Fantasy books, so most of my reading is in that genre. The Monk is pretty bonkers, and Melmoth the Wanderer is pretty nice too.

The setting in Zero End(secluded place of learning with weird shit going on) is inspired by . I played it a long time ago and always felt like the game nailed the atmosphere, but didn't really do the setting justice.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm also really into mythology and mystical/magical practices, so there's some inspiration drawn from that too.

I'll keep your recommendation in my about Remembrance of Things Past for when I feel ready to take on something like that.

SToLeN Rose

Yeah, as people have mentioned, that would be quite the spoiler, so I can't answer that, sorry.

, maybe?

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
Yeah, as people have mentioned, that would be quite the spoiler, so I can't answer that, sorry.
Fair enough, also I enjoyed Devi-Dead and other games like them, with that said I am looking forward to seeing what comes next in this fine game and so far I don't have a favorite character but that might change with the next few releases.

4.90 star(s) 56 Votes