Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Hey guys. First time poster but long time lurker here... with a question.

What exactly has changed about zombies retreat that makes it NOT even start anymore? Version 6.3 ran fine but version 7.x doesnt. Ive noticed the structure of the games folder has been changed. I must be missing something as there are exactly two errors popping up:

First its some "entry point not found" error saying "The procedure entry point TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

Then its followed with another error saying "Cannot load library nw_elf.dll".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

simpleguy787

Apr 23, 2018
Minor bugs in 7.2 for me:
-Autosave does not turn off when setting it to "off"
-At dinner table, giving wine to Caroline actually gives Rachel. Giving wine to Rachel actually gives wine to Caroline

yunmaster

Aug 29, 2017
"Kaspersky" recognizes the executable file as a virus.
Is there a problem?
Why is the virus detected?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
because most effective AVs are rather safe than sorry.
In this case my AV was fine and I haven't been "down with a Virus"... make your own decision but I'd call it a false positive

Apr 20, 2018
Several well known IT magazines and testers have an opposing opinion (me included), while it is hazardous against any potential thread it can be configured to pipe down quiet a bit. Last time Norton scored slightly better than even Kaspersky (because the GUI was considered better)

The new trader who apparently is hiding someone from ToP (I take any bet here;))

There are 3 little bushes with light blue dots around the sea and the botanic garden

They are turned into mindless sex addicts when raped by an infected and than get litterally fucked to death... Caroline (Aunt) shares that detail in her story

My gues... he intends to include 3-4 somes at the end of the game... just like AZL

considering the demand and the way Leslie's (Mom) Story is developeing there might be a pregnancy end... and the Player never got infected with the Virus as far as we can tell.

Women are not infected... all females we have seen sofar had either been raped to death or were altered in a different way (Dr. Cherry volunterry became a plant, and Natasha's Sister apparently became a cyborg)

That's AZL
I've read several of your posts, I.T "magazines" (Magazines aren't credible sources full stop, anyone can post articles and more importantly magazines cater to financial influence). Secondly, if you want me to take your word for things at least spell words correctly. I apologise if English isn't your first language but when you type: loose for lose. volunterry for voluntarily, etc. You don't come off as someone immersed in technology. Especially considering when you go further into computer science every mistake you type can fuck up coding.

As for things you're replying to others unfortunately the ending will be very anti-climactic. He could have made the "house" you stay in be a camp resort kind of thing, and have the MC explore some of the world (within a few miles to keep it reasonable). That way he could introduce all different kinds of characters with different backstories and have a lot more to work off of than what is currently available.
The thing is I'm sure this was either a spur of the moment concept he wished to get drafted up and then started developing alongside his main game, or it was some sort of tier on their patreon to make another game alongside their main. Since it is even stated in the original post that this game is a side development and has secondary priority to the main game that he making.
If I had creative rights to this game I think I would have taken a more open world sort of approach and the game as it is right now, would probably only be 10% done. It has the potential to go on long, especially seeing as he wants to have a boss system with unique fighting patterns, and more importantly the fact that if the housing were bigger there would be near infinite potential to expand the character variety based on the fact that even though initial travel to obscure locations may take a while he could use the bus stop fast travel feature even better then, as currently you save 20 seconds at the most using it for any area (at least where I am. I've done everything except the plant area)

Apr 20, 2018
Hey guys. First time poster but long time lurker here... with a question.

What exactly has changed about zombies retreat that makes it NOT even start anymore? Version 6.3 ran fine but version 7.x doesnt. Ive noticed the structure of the games folder has been changed. I must be missing something as there are exactly two errors popping up:

First its some "entry point not found" error saying "The procedure entry point TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

Then its followed with another error saying "Cannot load library nw_elf.dll".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Google it tbh, when it comes to dll files that's your side. You can't exclusively install dll files from anywhere don't even try you'll get a virus. But I think you need to install older(?) versions of direct x and make sure your current one is up to date.
Also make sure you have your windows fully updated. If you google your exact issue it's likely others have searched similar things for other games and that you may find your solution that way.

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Anyone know how to fix the: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘width’ of null" error?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I've read several of your posts, I.T "magazines" (Magazines aren't credible sources full stop, anyone can post articles and more importantly magazines cater to financial influence). Secondly, if you want me to take your word for things at least spell words correctly. I apologise if English isn't your first language but when you type: loose for lose. volunterry for voluntarily, etc. You don't come off as someone immersed in technology. Especially considering when you go further into computer science every mistake you type can fuck up coding.
...right... I'll just ignore this and continue as I can't see anything other than ranting here
As for things you're replying to others unfortunately the ending will be very anti-climactic. He could have made the "house" you stay in be a camp resort kind of thing, and have the MC explore some of the world (within a few miles to keep it reasonable). That way he could introduce all different kinds of characters with different backstories and have a lot more to work off of than what is currently available.
not sure if you just try to pick a fight or have inside knowledge... but really doesn't matter, Siren never intended to make this a bigger game and normally a well designed map takes quiet alot of time, so I'd say your preference goes against his/her intend in this case
The thing is I'm sure this was either a spur of the moment concept he wished to get drafted up and then started developing alongside his main game, or it was some sort of tier on their patreon to make another game alongside their main. Since it is even stated in the original post that this game is a side development and has secondary priority to the main game that he making.
From the replies we got he/she is indeed a great fan of AZL and wanted to make a better version of the game... until Nergal announced his rework... than it just turned into a small side project.

Healthalete

Jan 8, 2018
0.7 changelog:
"So far, photos 1, 2, and 5 are unlockable."

0.7.2 changelog:

"Added pictures 13,15,& 17 to the gallery (these pictures unlock when you finish a characters main story. more will be added)"

So, there are 6 (ugly) pictures in the photo gallery, right now. I unlocked them (all of them) BEFORE buying the camera. So, what's the camera for? :unsure:
I was able to get 2, 5, 13, 15, and 17. Where does #1 come from?

Thanks

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

I really like this devs other game but for this I just want to experience the story and F**KING RAW SEX!!! GEYAAAAARGH!

So with that in mind. Aside from downloading the walkthrough, can I use saveeditonline to make things easier and if so what is the stuff I should edit.

Any info would be appreciated.

Brontanius

Sep 27, 2017
I have a question regarding the characters if anyone knows, what do the swimming chick/house chick specialize in? I know Rachel assists in finding ammo, caroline assists in meds, leslie assists in food/water but I haven't got a clue on the other two.

EDIT: Also I got one of those null error things that couldn't read width something when attempting boombox sex with Rachel for first time. (For an image of this error, check first post on this page)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
...right... I'll just ignore this and continue as I can't see anything other than ranting here

not sure if you just try to pick a fight or have inside knowledge... but really doesn't matter, Siren never intended to make this a bigger game and normally a well designed map takes quiet alot of time, so I'd say your preference goes against his/her intend in this case

From the replies we got he/she is indeed a great fan of AZL and wanted to make a better version of the game... until Nergal announced his rework... than it just turned into a small side project.
"Picking a fight", yeah you're not a native that's for sure, I think you meant arguing, you'd get floored if it were a fight. I was merely pointing out how you're handing out misguided info, more importantly it's literally irrelevant what size the creator intended for this project to be, as it currently stands he could literally quintuple the current content if he wished without damaging the story. Nothing has been finalised in the story that would require an entire game rework.

You're the one who went on a rant about how you support Norton despite there being much better anti viruses, I merely dismissed you claiming it was some holy grail.

Yet again, stop speaking out of your element it just makes you look dumb...

4.40 star(s) 117 Votes