WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
Yeah, what that guy said. You basically become invincible if you have a melee weapon or a girl with you. If you have a girl with you, she takes damage FOR you and you can prevent her from taking damage. She’s basically a tank and you’re a healer br she also instantly makes any zombie you come into. Intact with disappear instantly. Like I said. You basically become invincible

The shooting mechanics suck in both games. Shooting in slow bullets in a straight line that can only hit enemies on the same lat/long plain as you is just awful especially for clutch situations and the enemies constantly move. Especially when you can only aim by facing the four directions and you can’t face any of the direction without moving in that direction. And if the enemies have hit you once they can just keep hitting you, you can’t escape and you can’t shoot them.

That horrible boss fight in this game shows all the issues with the combat. It desperately needs melee weapons

In this game the zombies respawn even in buildings and the fast zombies are more numerous and harder to avoid.

Maybe your luck with bullets is better than mine when it comes to gathering. Having the sister with me is the only way i can get them and even THAT doesn’t trigger 100 percent of the time.

Every two days is awful for resource spawning especially since you get relatively little from each spawn point AND there are few of them right now. Every two days is awful. It was every day in AZL and you were drowning in gathering points. You were drowning in items too. I had like 50 of some things. In this game there was a shortage and got help me when the game starts demanding more resources to build things.

Having to waste resources on building bullets is lame since you also have to waste resources on building disposable use gathering items

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
Well what i did is kind of odd i would shot the zombes not all of them just some to get them out of the way. Then i would search every thing. Then wait to days then search again when you get the garden food becomes less a pain. But then i would do the hole thing again when the zombies show kill them gather wait 2 and repeat.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
pretty good summary of the game up to now...
which is the disappointing part I'd say in AZL you have quests for the characters that force you to leave your comfort zone quiet early and find new locations with more enemies and cramped space. it takes a long time until late game that you feel the grind is getting repetitive and I'd say that's mainlly because the endgame was rushed and extremly disappointing.
In ZR you are also swamped with bullets, they are only short on game start, but you can already clear out all loot spots at the starteing locations on day 1... ok given the locations are much smaller it's not surprising, but it makes the game much easier than AZL at this point

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
That's true but every game has it's grinding type thing. The way i would also look at rhis is in real life if this happen bullets would be kinda looked for by everyone who is not the walking dead. Plues the fast zombies have been kinda electrafredy. Plues its still a work inprogress. To me this game well be a great game. Good story and art and it is not made by the same person who made a zombies life. But they do have kinda the same look.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i really don't think the game needs cheats and for now theres not much for a walkthrough.

heyyoo

Jun 1, 2018
how to get counselor HJ/BJ?
and what is the use of the air conditioning unit?
dunno what to do with it :p

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
That's another improvement this game has. Missions are organic and intuitive. Want to know what the chracter wants you to do? THEY TELL YOU, LIKE IN AN ACTUAL GAME! Plus most of the missions line up with the player's natural curiosity.

I AZL. you basically have to discover things by accident, which is hard to justify in a game that is built around scarcity and being safe, or you read the guide. Any game that REQUIRES a guide is designed badly. Period.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well the key items for unlocking the sex with each girl is indeed a bit hidden, but it's also quiet easy to find them spot on.
The flower for the aunt is unique in the park (skinwise), the ring for mom can be found and interacted with even before you got the quest (you will leave it there though), same for the guitar for sister.
The binocular for the teacher can be picked up at any time and the police officer will tell you a rough area where to find her handcuffs.
And for Isabell you have to run around a bit... but you always are given exact direction... it's abit intuitive I admit... but much more realistic than "hey by the way one day I saw that "countrystar" in our hotel with his bad ass guitar" or so on.

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
-+The guitar was a good example or it being organic, good design. It's at the "end" of a "level" it sticks out in your mind, it's something you take a mental not of very easily.(don't know why you can't just take it with you? But whatever) bing! good job! This siw what good games do. Where, if you play the game and explore, you shouldn't have to even look.

The ring is..less. You can discover it naturally but you might not. You can't see it, you may overlook the spot where it is because not all of those desks have items in them. But I came across it, I remembered it. when she asked for it, I remembered finding a ring. I WOULD have counted that as good design but.....when it came time to actually look for the ring, I found that it wasn't at all where I thought it was. And since you can't see it normally, I ended up looking in the wrong places, and thinking that I was just mistaken about where it was since it was just some random desk in an identical office So..not perfect at all. Something simple like a really powerful landmark to make it stand out would have helped this

The handcuffs are an example of ATROCIOUS design. You CANT discover them naturally, you don't even know where she wants a you to look for most of the game because no area ia accessible until you advance down someone e;lese's stpryline quite far I might add, like this is one of the last things you do for scientist chick, The cuffs aren't in any area that sticks out, you don't even know which house to loook in, you can't see it, nothing else is found under beds so you have no reason to look there. Absolutely awful. An example of what NOT to do

But other than that, I just mean the general objectives. Like figuring out when you need to send them out to gather so you can talk to them. Some quests are cut off until you advance quests of another character. Figuring out that you have to give them drinks. Stuff like having to stay out late Not always stuff you think to do other than reading a guide

IN this game most things you need to do are natural. Like the gloryhole scene. They mention it, you come back there, you don't even need to be told to try it out because that's just what you would naturally do. You find a room that needs a keycard, you dind the aunt who works at the camp, I figured she had the keycard before she ever told me and the night I was planning to take her to that door? The game has a scripted event about it. The game basically knew what I was thinking because it was designed to be intuitive

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
...yeah... if you are more into VN than RPG maker I gues that is a valid point.
For me I am more of a Legend of Zelda generation... you have your obvious main storyline you can follow, but for the juicy stuff you need to leave the safe road and rund around fighting enemies and discovering caves and other secrets.
ZR really lacks that element, while AZL really had some fun parts... I admit the staying out late part to advance sister storyline was none intuitive... but that's also part of the charm of the game... try different things and learn, take the guide if you are to lazy to experiment.
For the ring... there aren't many dead male corpses that were married... only Isabelle husband and the boss of the office building... most other accessable corpses are kids or female.
for the other quests you are given very detailed instructions... includeing the handcuffs... so yeah you have to enter every house at the hospital and search around the beds... but you were told to do so... and it's not like that takes more than 10 min.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
...yeah... if you are more into VN than RPG maker I gues that is a valid point.
For me I am more of a Legend of Zelda generation... you have your obvious main storyline you can follow, but for the juicy stuff you need to leave the safe road and rund around fighting enemies and discovering caves and other secrets.
ZR really lacks that element, while AZL really had some fun parts... I admit the staying out late part to advance sister storyline was none intuitive... but that's also part of the charm of the game... try different things and learn, take the guide if you are to lazy to experiment.
For the ring... there aren't many dead male corpses that were married... only Isabelle husband and the boss of the office building... most other accessable corpses are kids or female.
for the other quests you are given very detailed instructions... includeing the handcuffs... so yeah you have to enter every house at the hospital and search around the beds... but you were told to do so... and it's not like that takes more than 10 min.
Guys, just a reminder, 'cause maybe some people reading here did not play AZL and they're just wondering what you're talking about:

this thread is about Zombie's Retreat: Evangelion and pukumaru are talking about AZL (they're NOT talking about ZR).

Reactions: Gandalf78

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
so far its just shoot and run just shoot some of the zombies and the others you can just get around them if you do it right.

Saligia

May 12, 2017
So, the game instantly crashes for me the moment I try to save or change the settings. Does anyone else have this problem?

4.40 star(s) 117 Votes