• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Comics Collection Pinup Little TG Kitten (Liltkit) TG Comics & Arts Collection [2024-03-22]

chalana.56

Dec 3, 2023
Yeah it won't be a surprise if kit will starts an another story once the short christmas story finished.. same with hanna23 & like Redryder74 it is pretty much same with every artist in patreon exception maybe is cassie rose watson who usually focusing to have only one story going

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
The Christmas story has some interesting potential too.
Honestly, I'm just thrilled that one of these comic artists is actually trying a different comic format. Sticking to the 1 panel = 1 page is extremely limiting and you lose a lot of options available to comic writing. The typesetting and speech bubble placement could use some work, but good first attempt.

There's a real late 90s early 2000s TG bodyswap story vibe that's kinda nostalgic for me (usually, bump heads while falling down stairs. Swap back after having sex). Wonder how it'll connect the holiday in with the story.

Feb 8, 2022
Honestly, I'm just thrilled that one of these comic artists is actually trying a different comic format. Sticking to the 1 panel = 1 page is extremely limiting and you lose a lot of options available to comic writing. The typesetting and speech bubble placement could use some work, but good first attempt.

There's a real late 90s early 2000s TG bodyswap story vibe that's kinda nostalgic for me (usually, bump heads while falling down stairs. Swap back after having sex). Wonder how it'll connect the holiday in with the story.
I used to love all those older tg stories that were bodyswap/bodysuit oriented. The blogger days had a lot of good content and actual stories instead of just 1 frame caps.

Gears:

I can't remember, is Millie still wearing forms and a gaf type deal?? It's been so long I can't remember if there was a "reversible surgery," or not.

It's one critique that I have of any artist who uses that as a transformation method. It seems a little lazy. I feel like the continued theme of the main character's fears of it being noticed fade away and it's almost as if a surgery happened. Only reason it works for me, is because there is so much time between updates I forget! lol.

Christmas Doll:

Feel like this should have been prioritized or something lol. It's going to be Valentine's Doll soon.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
I used to love all those older tg stories that were bodyswap/bodysuit oriented. The blogger days had a lot of good content and actual stories instead of just 1 frame caps.

Gears:

I can't remember, is Millie still wearing forms and a gaf type deal?? It's been so long I can't remember if there was a "reversible surgery," or not.

It's one critique that I have of any artist who uses that as a transformation method. It seems a little lazy. I feel like the continued theme of the main character's fears of it being noticed fade away and it's almost as if a surgery happened. Only reason it works for me, is because there is so much time between updates I forget! lol.

Christmas Doll:

Feel like this should have been prioritized or something lol. It's going to be Valentine's Doll soon.
Breasts are natural, as he's been taking hormones and growing them apparently. Between the legs, there's a "prosthetic". The wording is weird. "are you sure this prosthetic the surgeon gave me is safe?" I'm honestly not sure if this is implying the surgeon gave "Millie" a prosthetic that he installed himself, or they went to the hospital again and there's "futuristic surgery" done offscreen.

I don't necessarily mind "scifi surgery", but I don't understand the pacing of this transformation. "Millie" has been pulling off thongs, skin tight mini skirts, etc all without this step. So the only way we even know this step happened is we were told. If there was going to be this incremental transformation, at least try to have the outward appearance follow that thought progress.

For example, a pair of tight jeans/pants can help hold a tucked penis in place a lot easier than wearing only panties under a skirt. If the story had it where Millie was wearing clothes that believable helped her "pass", and it's only because they're having to get more intimate so the disguise has to be more elaborate/feminine, then at least there would be a progression. But seriously: explain to me how Millie is already pulling off that black dress in part 6, and we somehow need a prosthetic now?

This was my biggest gripe in most Sapphirefoxx stories: Even the ones that start off with crossdressing, the femmed main character basically looks like a sexy woman within a few pages, and the story is just playing catch up telling us that through magic, it's now "permanent".

Now, maybe this is tapping more into my chastity fetish, but the one part that annoys me about the "scifi prosthetics" is when authors don't actually explore those consequences. Is there sexual frustration? Feelings of emasculation? I'm not into piss content, but I'm sure losing the ability to piss standing up should cause some kind of emotional reaction. Granted, maybe we've already seen this in other stories enough that it feels cliched at this point, but my point is: I wanna see the progression. That's what's hot to me about this feminization content. Physically and mentally, what's changing? How does the character react to these new experiences?

Regarding Christmas Doll: Maybe chapters only will be released each Christmas. Come back in a year's time to find out what happened!

Feb 8, 2022
Breasts are natural, as he's been taking hormones and growing them apparently. Between the legs, there's a "prosthetic". The wording is weird. "are you sure this prosthetic the surgeon gave me is safe?" I'm honestly not sure if this is implying the surgeon gave "Millie" a prosthetic that he installed himself, or they went to the hospital again and there's "futuristic surgery" done offscreen.

I don't necessarily mind "scifi surgery", but I don't understand the pacing of this transformation. "Millie" has been pulling off thongs, skin tight mini skirts, etc all without this step. So the only way we even know this step happened is we were told. If there was going to be this incremental transformation, at least try to have the outward appearance follow that thought progress.

For example, a pair of tight jeans/pants can help hold a tucked penis in place a lot easier than wearing only panties under a skirt. If the story had it where Millie was wearing clothes that believable helped her "pass", and it's only because they're having to get more intimate so the disguise has to be more elaborate/feminine, then at least there would be a progression. But seriously: explain to me how Millie is already pulling off that black dress in part 6, and we somehow need a prosthetic now?

This was my biggest gripe in most Sapphirefoxx stories: Even the ones that start off with crossdressing, the femmed main character basically looks like a sexy woman within a few pages, and the story is just playing catch up telling us that through magic, it's now "permanent".

Now, maybe this is tapping more into my chastity fetish, but the one part that annoys me about the "scifi prosthetics" is when authors don't actually explore those consequences. Is there sexual frustration? Feelings of emasculation? I'm not into piss content, but I'm sure losing the ability to piss standing up should cause some kind of emotional reaction. Granted, maybe we've already seen this in other stories enough that it feels cliched at this point, but my point is: I wanna see the progression. That's what's hot to me about this feminization content. Physically and mentally, what's changing? How does the character react to these new experiences?

Regarding Christmas Doll: Maybe chapters only will be released each Christmas. Come back in a year's time to find out what happened!
It is funny how a lot of stories seem to rely on a magical surgery for hiding a tuck, but then somehow the character gets an hourglass figure simply by dieting and yoga. lol

Yeah, I feel like most of the stories coming out just have the protagonist get swooned by "male charm," with no resistance, and somehow attribute that to this emotional/mental transformation. It isn't the worst, but really leaves a lot to be desired in terms of depth. I also think there could be a little bit more positive affirmations, where the protagonist gets pushed through the environment alone on coincidence, and not just due to secondary characters.

Sometimes I feel the feminization doesn't really even require it. A lot of the comics from like lustomic; I really like the stockholm syndrome type mental breaks or just reluctance throughout but there just really isn't any other way, just an overall sort of ending with the character in despair. I don't mind the lighter stuff, though I do tend to enjoy the little bit coerced/broken stories better.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
It is funny how a lot of stories seem to rely on a magical surgery for hiding a tuck, but then somehow the character gets an hourglass figure simply by dieting and yoga. lol

Yeah, I feel like most of the stories coming out just have the protagonist get swooned by "male charm," with no resistance, and somehow attribute that to this emotional/mental transformation. It isn't the worst, but really leaves a lot to be desired in terms of depth. I also think there could be a little bit more positive affirmations, where the protagonist gets pushed through the environment alone on coincidence, and not just due to secondary characters.

Sometimes I feel the feminization doesn't really even require it. A lot of the comics from like lustomic; I really like the stockholm syndrome type mental breaks or just reluctance throughout but there just really isn't any other way, just an overall sort of ending with the character in despair. I don't mind the lighter stuff, though I do tend to enjoy the little bit coerced/broken stories better.
I think the problem with a lot of the lighter stuff (and one of my issues in general with the "sweet/sentimental" works on fictionmania), is it's often pure wish fulfillment. Don't get me wrong: we're all either fantasizing about these scenarios, or fantasizing about being in the story scenario. But I think a lot of the lighter stuff speedruns through to the "final product" because that's what the author wants to get to. So you jump past a ton of the physical and mental changes. Whereas "forced" stories have to go through the steps because by the plot, those changes need to be addressed.

Totally agree about having protagonists swooning. There's so many parts and levels of attraction, sexuality, and arousal. Like, it's totally possible to enjoy anal without being attracted to masculine features. It's possible to be not-physically attracted to someone, but enjoy or find pleasure in being dominated by them. It's possible to find someone handsome/sexy but not be aroused by them. I think what drive's me the craziest is that I can totally buy the idea that in the moment, someone is aroused and gets really turned on by the (to them) taboo idea of having sex with a man for the first time (or something more tame like plays with a dildo the first time). That doesn't mean they're suddenly on a cock-only diet from then on having done that once.

Even forced stories get that wrong too. You'll get a paragraph where we're told that the protagonist has been brainwashed to be obsessed with sucking cock, and the immediately they take to giving blowjobs like fish to water. Let's have enough scenes so we can savor the changes a bit XD

Reactions: LadyBoyJay

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
I think the problem with a lot of the lighter stuff (and one of my issues in general with the "sweet/sentimental" works on fictionmania), is it's often pure wish fulfillment. Don't get me wrong: we're all either fantasizing about these scenarios, or fantasizing about being in the story scenario. But I think a lot of the lighter stuff speedruns through to the "final product" because that's what the author wants to get to. So you jump past a ton of the physical and mental changes. Whereas "forced" stories have to go through the steps because by the plot, those changes need to be addressed.
It just depends on how the story is told. You're criticising a story for not doing something it isn't interested in doing; it's like criticising Lord of the Rings because it isn't R-rated enough in displaying a war situation. "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lived one". There are people who are interested in struggles when they're reading a story and there are people who just want some escapism and forget their daily struggle to live in a skin without struggles. To live in an alternate reality where transitioning wasn't a daily/weekly struggle to deal with. Not just psychologically but also physically. To live in a tiny world where everything could have been alright.

And sure, every fantasy setting requires rules to keep the story grounded, but would a story really captivate a large audience if there weren't at least some shortcuts used to tell a transformation story?

Reactions: rebirth095
Feb 8, 2022
It just depends on how the story is told. You're criticising a story for not doing something it isn't interested in doing; it's like criticising Lord of the Rings because it isn't R-rated enough in displaying a war situation. "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lived one". There are people who are interested in struggles when they're reading a story and there are people who just want some escapism and forget their daily struggle to live in a skin without struggles. To live in an alternate reality where transitioning wasn't a daily/weekly struggle to deal with. Not just psychologically but also physically. To live in a tiny world where everything could have been alright.

And sure, every fantasy setting requires rules to keep the story grounded, but would a story really captivate a large audience if there weren't at least some shortcuts used to tell a transformation story?
First, nothing wrong with criticism. Second, I don't think we were having constructive conversation, acknowledging a story still can be good, it's just leaving a lot to be desired when a majority of content seems to fall into simple template using to pump out product. A lot of the stories imply that they ARE interested in doing it by the framework, but the details are glossed over; putting the cart before the horse.

You said yourself; people are into different themes, yet you feel the need to call it out? It's literally a forum to discuss our likes and dislikes, evoke discussion, and be okay.

Your LOTR example, IMO, is a poor strawman and misses the point.

If the goal is to compromise story for the sake of capturing an audience, then I think creators doing so deserve every bit of criticism they get lol. Transformation and shortcuts unfortunately don't go hand in hand when you aren't using a method that lends itself to supernatural, advanced technology, or bodyswap of some kind.

Reactions: LadyBoyJay

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021

Maybe I'm being unfairly broad, but I do think that "sweet/sentimental" works are prone to having pacing issues within the story they're trying to tell. It's not because they're not erotic enough, but rather that they often end up as a list of what the author is day dreaming about, rather than a story that's playing out. So it's more like I am criticizing a fantasy writer who wants to do something as epic as Lord of the Rings, but the writer has hyperfixated on how each battle plays out and just gives me details on the tactics and "epic" moments of each battle. But I'm not getting any characterization, story arcs, political considerations, etc. Or if someone is writing a superhero story, and I'm just getting their costume design and what their powers are and maybe a list of their rogues gallery.

If the story's intent is a romance, then there really should be enough characterization for both parties so that the story is... well, romantic. So that you're invested and feel fulfilled to see the couple end up together. A sweet and sentimental story that has the protagonist initially unwilling but embraces the transformation over time, should still have proper pacing showing us how that change in opinion occurs over the course of the story.

I didn't word this as clearly as I intended, but I have no issues with shortcuts or fast transformations so long as the story is paced sensibly relative to that transformation type and themes of the story. Going back to Gears, that's why I was criticizing the addition of the prosthetic to the story. The problem isn't that it's a fast/easy solution. It's that it's introduced as if to add to the feminization, but prior chapters already had Millie femmed to such a degree that if I shuffled chapters 6-11 around, you might not even spot that something was wrong. It begs the question, why not introduce the prosthetic right from the getgo? Heck, the cover story is already that Millie is trans... so if the medical science in the setting is that advanced, then why not get to that from the start?

Generally, this goes back to something I think is fundamental to any work of fiction: There's nothing wrong with having having a story or a piece of art be meant for ease of consumption. But if a work can stand up to scrutiny, it has that much more staying power. If the character motivations align with character actions, if the tone is appropriate, if the pacing of the story gives due attention to plot important developments, and if characters respond in ways that are consistent and give insight to who they are... Doing any of these correctly can only help a story.

Last edited:

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
First, nothing wrong with criticism. Second, I don't think we were having constructive conversation, acknowledging a story still can be good, it's just leaving a lot to be desired when a majority of content seems to fall into simple template using to pump out product. A lot of the stories imply that they ARE interested in doing it by the framework, but the details are glossed over; putting the cart before the horse.

You said yourself; people are into different themes, yet you feel the need to call it out? It's literally a forum to discuss our likes and dislikes, evoke discussion, and be okay.

Your LOTR example, IMO, is a poor strawman and misses the point.

If the goal is to compromise story for the sake of capturing an audience, then I think creators doing so deserve every bit of criticism they get lol. Transformation and shortcuts unfortunately don't go hand in hand when you aren't using a method that lends itself to supernatural, advanced technology, or bodyswap of some kind.
I'm not saying there's no room for criticism, I'm saying it's odd to criticise a story for being B when it's not trying to be B but it's trying to be C. Whether C fits in your (or anyone's) preferences is a different story, but that's what the LOTR example is about.

I personally prefer slower transformations, but to base a story that chooses to have a fast physical transformation on its lack of a slow transformation isn't judging the story on its merits; it's instead judging a story on your own preferences. That's not a fair criticism of an individual story, that's my point.
If you want a PG-13 rated Star Wars with a classic good vs evil that's suitable for children there's Star Wars. If you want an R-Rated Star Wars there's Rebel Moon. But to say Star Wars sucks because it's not gory enough isn't judging Star Wars for being Star Wars; it's judging it on something it's not trying to be.

Maybe I'm being unfairly broad, but I do think that "sweet/sentimental" works are prone to having pacing issues within the story they're trying to tell. It's not because they're not erotic enough, but rather that they often end up as a list of what the author is day dreaming about, rather than a story that's playing out. So it's more like I am criticizing a fantasy writer who wants to do something as epic as Lord of the Rings, but the writer has hyperfixated on how each battle plays out and just gives me details on the tactics and "epic" moments of each battle. But I'm not getting any characterization, story arcs, political considerations, etc. Or if someone is writing a superhero story, and I'm just getting their costume design and what their powers are and maybe a list of their rogues gallery.

If the story's intent is a romance, then there really should be enough characterization for both parties so that the story is... well, romantic. So that you're invested and feel fulfilled to see the couple end up together. A sweet and sentimental story that has the protagonist initially unwilling but embraces the transformation over time, should still have proper pacing showing us how that change in opinion occurs over the course of the story.

I didn't word this as clearly as I intended, but I have no issues with shortcuts or fast transformations so long as the story is paced sensibly relative to that transformation type and themes of the story. Going back to Gears, that's why I was criticizing the addition of the prosthetic to the story. The problem isn't that it's a fast/easy solution. It's that it's introduced as if to add to the feminization, but prior chapters already had Millie femmed to such a degree that if I shuffled chapters 6-11 around, you might not even spot that something was wrong. It begs the question, why not introduce the prosthetic right from the getgo? Heck, the cover story is already that Millie is trans... so if the medical science in the setting is that advanced, then why not get to that from the start?

Generally, this goes back to something I think is fundamental to any work of fiction: There's nothing wrong with having having a story or a piece of art be meant for ease of consumption. But if a work can stand up to scrutiny, it has that much more staying power. If the character motivations align with character actions, if the tone is appropriate, if the pacing of the story gives due attention to plot important developments, and if character's respond in ways that are consistant and give insight to who they are... Doing any of these correctly can only help a story.
I'm not sure these transformation story authors are trying to write a novel, with possibly Melissa's Aphrodite's Mirror as an exemption. I think they're writing pulp stories in the same vein as The Shadow and Zorro. They're writing short stories. Pulp is amazing and was the biggest, most popular storytelling entertainment in the western world. Even today, there are still pulp characters like Elric of Melniboné who are immensely popular, including his ripped off version by that Polish author after which The Witcher became a popular character. And yes, Geralt of Rivia is a stolen character; a ripoff of Elric. Robert E Howard has become pretty much immortal due to his pulp characters, despite only living to the age of 30. New Conan books are still published 88 years after his death.
I'd say pulp also has staying power. And as a big fan of pulp and short stories I'm happy it does.

The transformation isn't apparently the main focus, it's merely a storytelling device to put a man out of place and see how he copes with a new reality. It's not my personal favourite kind of story, but if executed well it could be done well. Coping with a sudden transformation can also be interesting enough to see without the growing pains of healing from surgery that would only deviate from the essence of the story.

I personally prefer a story like CBlack's Hotel Mystique, where the main character undergoes several slow transformations, but that's much more part of that story. Gears is different. I think Gears would work better if the story so far wouldn't have happened in, what, a month's time? KK wrote Medical Miss-Practice (published by Joe Six-Pack) and that story did the physical transformation on the first few pages and instead focused on how the main character would cope with the changes and as such is a pretty good comparison to Gears. KK has several time jumps to account for the mental changes the transformed main character undergoes. It's a small storytelling device that I feel works much better for such a story.

When someone's reciting the alphabet and starts with A, B, C we assume that person continued on for a while when we leave the room and return to that person going K, L, M and as we zone out and finally hear X, Y, Z. We don't need to hear all letters in between to assume the person did indeed say all letters in the right order.
In this example I understand your criticism is a person says A and two frames later the person said the Z, with all letters in between having to be assumed to be told by the reader. The story would work better if we'd get a E, F, G to at least have the author work on that sequence too. I hope you follow me in this example.

But I get that criticism. I don't think it's a problem with the sweet/sentimental subsection of the transformation genre though. I think it's a problem with amateur writers trying their best. Consequently, the forced genre doesn't automatically get rid of that issue. KK is an experienced author who's written many transformation stories. Some work better than others.

Feb 8, 2022
But I get that criticism. I don't think it's a problem with the sweet/sentimental subsection of the transformation genre though. I think it's a problem with amateur writers trying their best. Consequently, the forced genre doesn't automatically get rid of that issue. KK is an experienced author who's written many transformation stories. Some work better than others.
... but these stories are "forced," albeit subtle in nature. The protagonists aren't choosing their path, they are being told they HAVE to do this to fulfill some overarching plot point. Although it might not be "forced," it's heavily coerced. Which I think the original criticisms are completely valid. It would be a completely different argument, and probably more to the point you are trying to make, if Millie were to be like, "I HAVE AN IDEA! I'LL BE A GIRL AND FEMINIZE WITH SURGERIES TO WIN THE SHOP BACK!," then mistakenly falls in love through the process.

Reactions: Elaine.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
I'm not sure these transformation story authors are trying to write a novel, with possibly Melissa's Aphrodite's Mirror as an exemption. I think they're writing pulp stories in the same vein as The Shadow and Zorro. They're writing short stories. Pulp is amazing and was the biggest, most popular storytelling entertainment in the western world. Even today, there are still pulp characters like Elric of Melniboné who are immensely popular, including his ripped off version by that Polish author after which The Witcher became a popular character. And yes, Geralt of Rivia is a stolen character; a ripoff of Elric. Robert E Howard has become pretty much immortal due to his pulp characters, despite only living to the age of 30. New Conan books are still published 88 years after his death.
I'd say pulp also has staying power. And as a big fan of pulp and short stories I'm happy it does.
And I'd argue the ones that have staying power are due to simple, but memorable characterization, world building/setting, and iconic stories. For anyone that's been around a bit longer, "fast" transformation stories used to dominate the TG story space. But back then, a lot of unique settings were created and people explored that space (granted some better than others). The Morphic Adaptation Unit, Spell's R. Us, The Great Shift, Medallion of Zulo, Magic Taxi... Never mind the types of transformations that were introduced over time like AutoClosets and Bodysuits. Even settings that were only used by the author themself, like Denver's Tabor setting, were building up a setting for that escapism. We can't turn back the clock, and not everyone can invent a "new" type of transformation. But I'd hope that in lieu of coming up with an original transformation concept, then perhaps the energy can be directed to fleshing out the characters.

The transformation isn't apparently the main focus, it's merely a storytelling device to put a man out of place and see how he copes with a new reality. It's not my personal favourite kind of story, but if executed well it could be done well. Coping with a sudden transformation can also be interesting enough to see without the growing pains of healing from surgery that would only deviate from the essence of the story.
I think that's one of the reasons why I feel like (especially amateur writers) struggle particularly with sentimental stories. Amateur writers often struggle to seperate their own motivations from the characters. As such, coupled with the quick transformations, there ends up being no coping, since the author (and by extension the character) isn't struggling with the change, but just celebrating it.

I think it's a problem of amateur writers that's exacerbated by writing in the sweet/sentimental/willing genre and also writing fast transformations. Completely agree that forced writing doesn't get rid of the issue. In my first post, I call out that way too many forced stories have a rushed change in mentality by the protagonist. Especially the somewhat recent wave of "psuedo willing sissy" stories. But at least the premise of a forced transformation has to make the author have to consider how they want the character to respond before and after the transformation.

Sweet/sentimental stories can be good. One of my all time favorite feminization stories is A Change in Our Marrriage by Sara Desmarais, and it's a sweet/sentimental story. But that's a story that fully characterizes and presents the protagonist's motivations, misgivings, and desires so that they're a fully fledged character, not just a projection of the author's wishes.

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
And I'd argue the ones that have staying power are due to simple, but memorable characterization, world building/setting, and iconic stories. For anyone that's been around a bit longer, "fast" transformation stories used to dominate the TG story space. But back then, a lot of unique settings were created and people explored that space (granted some better than others). The Morphic Adaptation Unit, Spell's R. Us, The Great Shift, Medallion of Zulo, Magic Taxi... Never mind the types of transformations that were introduced over time like AutoClosets and Bodysuits. Even settings that were only used by the author themself, like Denver's Tabor setting, were building up a setting for that escapism. We can't turn back the clock, and not everyone can invent a "new" type of transformation. But I'd hope that in lieu of coming up with an original transformation concept, then perhaps the energy can be directed to fleshing out the characters.
So in essence we agree the core characteristic of a good story is just that: a good story.

To go back to the pulp I mentioned before: Doc Savage is the first superhero. Doc Savage's real name is Clark Savage jr and his nickname was Man of Bronze whereas in his third story he had an in-world reputation of being a superman. Interesting, aye. ;) The guys who came up with Superman, five years after Doc Savages first published story, sure thought so.
Batman is a ripoff of The Shadow and partially Doc Shadow. And they're the two most popular superheroes (alongside Spiderman) of this and the last century, at least with the most longevity.

When there's a good idea people will copy that idea and try to make it their own. The reason we had a thread named "Melissa N inspired comics" on the muses is because (whether justly or unjustly) Melissa seemed to have inspired several creators into telling transformation tales with 3D rendered models. That seems to be a hot thing right now. I feel with the Patreon model that's taken over most creators there's an incentive to both drag stories out and to present the good-looking woman fairly quickly, so we're in a situation of fast transformations with long aftereffects being explored. Maybe that's the reason for the situation we're currently in.
There are only very few interesting authors on FictionMania I see that could break that trend with their storytelling; most authors seem to prefer writing a 50-part story over writing a fun 50 page to tell a specific story.

I think that's one of the reasons why I feel like (especially amateur writers) struggle particularly with sentimental stories. Amateur writers often struggle to seperate their own motivations from the characters. As such, coupled with the quick transformations, there ends up being no coping, since the author (and by extension the character) isn't struggling with the change, but just celebrating it.

I think it's a problem of amateur writers that's exacerbated by writing in the sweet/sentimental/willing genre and also writing fast transformations. Completely agree that forced writing doesn't get rid of the issue. In my first post, I call out that way too many forced stories have a rushed change in mentality by the protagonist. Especially the somewhat recent wave of "psuedo willing sissy" stories. But at least the premise of a forced transformation has to make the author have to consider how they want the character to respond before and after the transformation.

Sweet/sentimental stories can be good. One of my all time favorite feminization stories is A Change in Our Marrriage by Sara Desmarais, and it's a sweet/sentimental story. But that's a story that fully characterizes and presents the protagonist's motivations, misgivings, and desires so that they're a fully fledged character, not just a projection of the author's wishes.
I see what you're saying. I suppose it depends on how well it's set up. Call it a cheap, but the old boy-ish looking man who always got bullied for looking like a closeted gay man and finds escape in living as a normal looking girl works for me. I suppose it doesn't for everyone.

I think a bigger problem is the Mary Sue effect. I feel the main character does have to overcome at least one hardship. Escaping into feminity can still be without force and be sweet/sentimental, but a story isn't a story if it's lived on train tracks. With that I mean, there have to be some problems that make the person stronger to confirm their choice being the right one.

In the end I suppose it depends what is 'forced' and what is 'sweet/sentimental'. To me, the forced categorisation doesn't really mean much. Being held somewhere at gunpoint and being asked by your boss to stay somewhere at the risk of being fired; both would qualify as forced, but they're very different storytelling drivers. Being in hiding could also imply force. Because it's such a vague term I don't think 'forced' and 'sweet/sentimental' are necessarily ruling each other out. For example, Czolgolz' Just One Day Of Your Life is, to me, a story that includes both a bit of force and is sweet/sentimental.

Finally, I'd like to point out the stories we're talking fondly of are text-only (with maybe an illustration or two) stories. We've talked about the limitations of the format the story is being told in before and I think it applies here too. The aforementioned Medical Miss-Practice is a KK story where we can be inside the transformed character's head. Words can be used to describe a situation and a feeling, that makes it much easier to express doubt or any insecurities in a text story than it is with a rendered 3D image.
That doesn't invalidate any criticism, but there's a reason the book is usually better than the film version of a story. This may be linked to the underlying critique as well.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Finally, I'd like to point out the stories we're talking fondly of are text-only (with maybe an illustration or two) stories. We've talked about the limitations of the format the story is being told in before and I think it applies here too. The aforementioned Medical Miss-Practice is a KK story where we can be inside the transformed character's head. Words can be used to describe a situation and a feeling, that makes it much easier to express doubt or any insecurities in a text story than it is with a rendered 3D image.
That doesn't invalidate any criticism, but there's a reason the book is usually better than the film version of a story. This may be linked to the underlying critique as well.
I think authors need to respect the medium they're writing for. If you put a movie that is just a black screen and only audio, that's a horrible movie. But maybe it's an amazing audio book. You can have a visual media, like a comic, communicate a lot of inner thoughts and emotions without text. A common frustration I've voiced on Melissa N's works is just how much text she uses in a comic format. If you draw the character visibly in discomfort, they don't need a thought bubble saying "this corset is so uncomfortable." It's why I celebrated this new LilTKit Christmas story for experimenting with panels. Comics have a long history and people have experimented with the format over decades. It's honestly wasteful to not pick up any lessons from how to tell stories in this format.

Honestly, I think comics/animation could have some of the best TGTF content, but I think the expertise and barrier to entry has meant the medium hasn't reached its full potential for TG erotica content. That said, I do think there's some standouts. The manga Pretty Face is a fun romp with plot, character, and some great art to boot. Ranma 1/2 is a classic. Neither deal with mental changes, but the feminization/gender bender isn't something that the plot just forgets, and the character's in those stories have distinct personalities. The Old Man Reincarnated as a Villainess is hilarious and full of character. On the H side of things, there's TFTG doujins that are great with really the only problem being that the stories are usually one-shots that are less than 20 pages long and the usual censoring that comes with Japanese porn.

Just repeating myself, but I'm really hoping that we'll start seeing more and more feminization CG comic makers start thinking about how to best use the comic format, as there's so much potential still out there. Especially as they get even more comfortable with the tools, I think the potential is great. Going back just 5 years, the CG comics were something you'd see in early 2000s cartoon CG. We're at the point where people are understanding lighting, shading, setting, modeling, etc. Really looking forward to the craft improve.

Reactions: misseva88

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
I think authors need to respect the medium they're writing for. If you put a movie that is just a black screen and only audio, that's a horrible movie. But maybe it's an amazing audio book. You can have a visual media, like a comic, communicate a lot of inner thoughts and emotions without text. A common frustration I've voiced on Melissa N's works is just how much text she uses in a comic format. If you draw the character visibly in discomfort, they don't need a thought bubble saying "this corset is so uncomfortable." It's why I celebrated this new LilTKit Christmas story for experimenting with panels. Comics have a long history and people have experimented with the format over decades. It's honestly wasteful to not pick up any lessons from how to tell stories in this format.

Honestly, I think comics/animation could have some of the best TGTF content, but I think the expertise and barrier to entry has meant the medium hasn't reached its full potential for TG erotica content. That said, I do think there's some standouts. The manga Pretty Face is a fun romp with plot, character, and some great art to boot. Ranma 1/2 is a classic. Neither deal with mental changes, but the feminization/gender bender isn't something that the plot just forgets, and the character's in those stories have distinct personalities. The Old Man Reincarnated as a Villainess is hilarious and full of character. On the H side of things, there's TFTG doujins that are great with really the only problem being that the stories are usually one-shots that are less than 20 pages long and the usual censoring that comes with Japanese porn.

Just repeating myself, but I'm really hoping that we'll start seeing more and more feminization CG comic makers start thinking about how to best use the comic format, as there's so much potential still out there. Especially as they get even more comfortable with the tools, I think the potential is great. Going back just 5 years, the CG comics were something you'd see in early 2000s cartoon CG. We're at the point where people are understanding lighting, shading, setting, modeling, etc. Really looking forward to the craft improve.
If you'll allow me to recommend a story I think of which the experimentation you'll like, I'd like to recommend . It's a comic that isn't one of my favourites, nor do I think it will work in the Patreon world, but it's one I respect quite a bit. With 242 pages plus a cover it's a short comic, doesn't really use words yet is very interesting and clear about the story.

I remember Pretty Face. Funny you mention that one, that story also has a full gender transformation on the first couple of pages in the first week of a 52-week run. Outside of the main character constantly being violently aggressive, using the façade of a girl to inflict violence on those who irritate him I have to say I don't remember much else of that one. I should have it saved somewhere, I may read that one again soon-ish.

But yeah, I feel with AI improving constantly I feel the barrier to entry lowers to a point where we all may be able to tell beautifully rendered stories. A few years ago people used Sims characters to have 3D characters interact and add text bubbles. You yourself helped formatting stories with AI art to visualize characters in text-only characters. When people will be able to tell their own stories we may get great and fresh ideas again. Speaking for myself, I like to come up with stories too. I keep a Word file with story ideas to one day potentially work out to novel(la) length. It's a fun hobby, even if I'll never let anyone else read my stuff. But if I work out an idea to my liking and modern technology will aid me, there are hundreds if not thousands of fans to which the same could apply. And as a community we'd all benefit.

Feb 8, 2022
just speaking to the CG: I think this model is more popular now because it doesn't get flagged as copyright. Caption stories using images from pornpics, etc., all get taken down because A) you have to have documentation of 18+ and consent for your use (impossible to get) because, B) you are stealing copywriting works, which also gets flagged.

About 8 years ago I was dabbling in multipicture caption stories (one of which I spent a lot of time doing the comic style paneling on) and that's the one reason I stopped. It was too hard to monetize if you weren't generating your own images. It also caused a lot of other great caption story authors leave, like AfterDark.

Reactions: misseva88