molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Review: 1/5

Art: 1/5 (garbage looks nothing like the example screenshots. Background art is even worst. Everyone has damn huge tits with poor artwork at that. Look like damn succubus and not an angel at all just pure slut outfits, characters have no depth look like flat cardboard objects, background npc look like damn cardboard paper dolls)
Sound: 2/5 music same boring music but does have music
UI: 1/5 (garbage hide textbox hides the character your speaking too)

At this point I did not even care to read anything the art and UI is just awful.

nb8

Jul 22, 2017
Hi guys, I'm a member of the Discord who discovered this game with F95 and I'm going to answer a few questions because I see a lot of critics towards the game, of course it's your right but I want to defend HMO. First of all, I'd like to point out that the game is created by a single person, whether it's the story, the coding or the artistic creation, because I see some people using the word "They". For those who said that the design of the new Sophia is an inferior version, the old model even if it was changed recently, was designed almost two years ago if I'm not mistaken and Rinmo (HMO) changed the model because the old model lacked emotion (variants) and that in 2 years his style changed and that remaking the same character after two years is complicated and that the result no longer satisfied him so he changed the model, personally it's true that the old model was very good and that I find that the new one is very pale, anyway, some people have said that they preferred the old model and Rinmo has therefore chosen to leave the possibility of changing from the old to the new model. What I've just said applies to the new models.
Perhaps you were misled, dear discord member. But apparently the old artist who painted the old models, and who really knew how to draw, quit. And now we have models with asses instead of faces. That's why people say "they"

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
i downloaded the compressed version 0.35
the images are not loading......
anyone else having the same issue ?

datg2006g

Aug 7, 2023
À, tôi đã làm được! Chỉ cần hợp nhất thư mục "trò chơi" bên trong thư mục này vào thư mục "trò chơi" của trò chơi và nó sẽ hoạt động.

Bản mod này hoạt động bất kể phiên bản trò chơi. Một số cảnh trong thư viện có thể không hoạt động, đây là vấn đề với mã của trò chơi, không phải của tôi.
[/TRÍCH DẪN]Can you give detailed instructions because I'm quite confused when making these

Dwarfven

Oct 17, 2020
I know people have asked for this over and over again, but does an older version of BizarreHolyLand exist anymore? If so, is it functional and obtainable? I've looked over some of this game's thread, and it seems like the developer of this game had to 'alter their style' in order to maintain the same quality for all of their future content that's being pumped out at an exponential rate, especially since someone who was working with them on the art (the shader) has left.

Of course, the usual responses say its possible to change back to the modern art, or to deal with the new art in the future. However, there are two problems with this:
  1. Changing back to the old only applies to PORTRAITS of characters. The main point of every H-game, the H-scenes, remain in that same, altered quality. Said Portraits that can be changed are limited to a few characters, from what I can tell, are at least Sophia and Angela. Other revamped characters stay the same, some which are my personal favorites.
  2. Its difficult to find old images, playthroughs, or even h-scenes of older versions of the game. While h-scenes can be found in r34 and nsfw media sites, specific image assets are practically impossible to find, even when going through riinnmo's Patreon or Google Image Search. Specific angels/demons I'd like to use as references don't have a high res image, and don't have an alternative sprite in game.
I do have an older version of the game, way back in v3.0, but it has several errors crashing the game on launch. I guess because its out of date from the Renpy engine. If anyone wants to know, it's because of this line:

Exception: could not find font u'fonts/ParmaPetit-Normal.ttf

I've put the font in the game files where all the other ones are, but I'm pretty sure its actually an error in the code.

So overall, I'm asking if there's any older version of the game before HMO started revamping the characters, or at the very least, old galleries and images.

Update: forgot that a version that I have has some of the good scenes intact (besides Sophia), and most importantly, still works. This solves both of my problems, so good luck with anyone else

Last edited:

nb8

Jul 22, 2017
So overall, I'm asking if there's any older version of the game before HMO started revamping the characters, or at the very least, old galleries and images.
I have version 24, but in it the damage has already been done, although it retains several good images

Onetap1

Jun 10, 2023
I know people have asked for this over and over again, but does an older version of BizarreHolyLand exist anymore? If so, is it functional and obtainable? I've looked over some of this game's thread, and it seems like the developer of this game had to 'alter their style' in order to maintain the same quality for all of their future content that's being pumped out at an exponential rate, especially since someone who was working with them on the art (the shader) has left.

Of course, the usual responses say its possible to change back to the modern art, or to deal with the new art in the future. However, there are two problems with this:
  1. Changing back to the old only applies to PORTRAITS of characters. The main point of every H-game, the H-scenes, remain in that same, altered quality. Said Portraits that can be changed are limited to a few characters, from what I can tell, are at least Sophia and Angela. Other revamped characters stay the same, some which are my personal favorites.
  2. Its difficult to find old images, playthroughs, or even h-scenes of older versions of the game. While h-scenes can be found in r34 and nsfw media sites, specific image assets are practically impossible to find, even when going through riinnmo's Patreon or Google Image Search. Specific angels/demons I'd like to use as references don't have a high res image, and don't have an alternative sprite in game.
I do have an older version of the game, way back in v3.0, but it has several errors crashing the game on launch. I guess because its out of date from the Renpy engine. If anyone wants to know, it's because of this line:

Exception: could not find font u'fonts/ParmaPetit-Normal.ttf

I've put the font in the game files where all the other ones are, but I'm pretty sure its actually an error in the code.

Didn't he work on his art and game creation alone?
I mean the art (shader).And about the old version of the game, I have a link to the site. The version of the game is 0.6.5, I think....

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
what total nonsense do people make up oh god (what was the name of that artist what is the reliable source someone came here at f95 and said it and oh is it true?), sigh, Rinmo, he has always worked alone, this game is still fucking low in gains compared to other garbage, and the author is too restrained for those who know and have been following him for years, it is like watching the new sex scenes from the first gathering mission to just give a few examples. to say that the quality of the game has gone down if you compare versions 0.10-0.15 with version 0.35 over these 2 years, conscientiously in content and art of backgrounds, new angels and accessories and to say that the level of art has not improved much, etc. It's not true either, the author always listens to suggestions on discord, it's better to go there and ask the creator directly, it won't take him long to respond and not spread rumors that aren't true..., he simply changed the style, there's no going back with that, Sophia was changed once again in her style following suggestions and fixing anatomy problems, and it is also not true that the author only lives doing reworks since he has expanded many places and continued with the story. and I'm not even going to expand further because Force13, a page ago, had already said enough on the subject.

bmul

Feb 13, 2019
I was looking for this game for a while and I have to agree with the idea that the artstyle is bad, when you compaire it to what was previously implemented its dull, faded and plain. If force some reason the game has all the art replaced with that then I do not see a bright future for it.

3.50 star(s) 33 Votes