Apr 1, 2018
while the art is great, Vel should stop making games, just hire people/create a dev team to make the games from his concepts or make art commissions for others game devs, because bait'n'switchin people will come biting them in the ass sooner or later.

Reactions: DirtyBakaKun

pogchampione

Sep 13, 2023
I'll rewrite a more focused review if the site finds the current one 'unacceptable' but my point still stands. Yes, games should be rated based on their own merits but when the dev exhibits pattern of a blatant scam, there should be consequences. As for the game itself, I'd praise the concepts and gameplay potential but anyone can see the scope is too big for Vel to handle later down the line.
if this rule is real then it's crazy. you have a dev with a history of fucking up a few releases down the line, and they publish a game in the exact same pattern of decent start + decent art + a scale and format that already has caused them issues in the past. how do we just ignore that?

if hitler respawns and flunks out of art school again, do we just ignore the history and let him keep going see what happens? lmfao

EmilIrving

Jun 29, 2017
The change of Saria to a VN I would say was a mistake. But I am defending the choice to make it card based. Made the game more unique in skill progression and gameplay as compared to most RPGM games.

Gonna give this new game a look.
Not really, the progression became more RNG with the card based. The only real progression with it was from the lewd cards, and that was more due unlocking via the corruption values. Actual combat cards relied on drops from killing your enemies and they drop real quick too.

Not that it matters caused I am holding strongly that changing combat mechanics fucked with the battle-fuck mechanics, and that scripting mayhem crossed into the massage side job.

NotSomeone

Nov 29, 2017
*popcorn and takes a seat in the corner*
Sara got 17 releases, lets see how long it takes for this to become a ahh uhm roller coaster of disappointment.
And that is REALLY sad, because the ideas and the art are REALLY FUCKING GOOD, god I can't stress that enough...

Sweet Force

May 18, 2017
Am I the only one who downloaded it to try it and is wondering where the tutorial is? (I don't know the game that inspired Velminth to make this one)
I also have a problem: when I meet Lucy's sister from Cyberpunk Edgerunners and I press "missions" the game does not advance.

Velminth is a God when it comes to drawing women with abs but apparently he is not used to drawing men (I know you can't question anything this man does because he has too much ego to appreciate criticism)

If Carrion, the MC, gets a tan, he looks the same as Saria, if in the lore they say that they are twin brothers, I believe it, they have the same eyes.

Saria Carrion.png

Reactions: UZone

ogkhan

Apr 20, 2018
It's unfortunate what happened to the other game because it was a great concept that was had troubles with direction later. I don't mind him putting a game on hold to focus on something new while he figures out what he might want to do with the former game, but male protag games like this are "usually" a no for me which sucks because I really do like that robot female girl a lot. I don't maybe I'll come back if he proves everyone wrong and completes it, but I think I'll just be waiting on him to return and finish his old game.

Jeidoz

Donor
Feb 4, 2020
Am I the only one who downloaded it to try it and is wondering where the tutorial is? (I don't know the game that inspired Velminth to make this one)
I also have a problem: when I meet Lucy's sister from Cyberpunk Edgerunners and I press "missions" the game does not advance.

Velminth is a God when it comes to drawing women with abs but apparently he is not used to drawing men (I know you can't question anything this man does because he has too much ego to appreciate criticism)

If Carrion, the MC, gets a tan, he looks the same as Saria, if in the lore they say that they are twin brothers, I believe it, they have the same eyes.

View attachment 3508189
In Developer notes spoiler was written that no sense to click on missions. They are not implemented. Idk why some developers do such things before releasing game...

Reactions: Sweet Force
Dec 9, 2018
if this rule is real then it's crazy. you have a dev with a history of fucking up a few releases down the line, and they publish a game in the exact same pattern of decent start + decent art + a scale and format that already has caused them issues in the past. how do we just ignore that?

if hitler respawns and flunks out of art school again, do we just ignore the history and let him keep going see what happens? lmfao
Rule 3 of the review rules. You get a link to the rules every time you press on the stars to rate the game. Just under the box, where you write the review.

Pretty sure the first page of this thread has 90% of its text talking about the dev anyways, so where is the "ignoring" part?

And I did not expect to see Godwin's Law in action here. I would not worry about that guy respawning. We only had one case of a respawning 2000 years ago. And a few wars about that being actually true or not.
Also: Really? That hypothetical scenario and comparison is your argument?

Not that it matters caused I am holding strongly that changing combat mechanics fucked with the battle-fuck mechanics, and that scripting mayhem crossed into the massage side job.
The card mechanic certainly needed some polish. And yeah... the changes were buggy...

Timelessheart

Jan 16, 2017
Honestly a shame was super supportive of saria reclaimed then they changed the combat but that was no big deal I could deal with the card battling system the art was still phenomenal the game felt like a better playing karryns prison with some added features to the kink system then they threw away the rpg element the story and all to make a boring card battler with forced linear progression then after that the dev gets tired and gives up on it to make this weird ass game with a male protag I couldn't care less about now this just reminds me of what happened to malise and the machine granted pure onyx is good but this is just feels like why bother at this point as a player.

deidra vg

Mar 22, 2018

Right? Not to mention Saria Reclaimed was the SECOND GAME VEL ABANDONED!

Reactions: DirtyBakaKun

Kapios223

May 9, 2017
That's an easy pass for me, I was on board for the "Saria reclaimed" game, until this dev pulled a bait and switch and turned what would have been a great rpg game with actual corruption mechanics into a generic card game with a linear story.
When the people rightfully pointed out how dishonest that was, he more or less told them to go fuck themselves because it is his game and he decides what to do with it.
Now that his revenue suffered he decided to go for yet another easy money scheme and make another game that he will drag irs developmentfor ages...

TO recap, this dev has already one dropped project called "Miru-GA", then he did the bait and switch with his second project "Saria reclaimed" that he also has yet to complete and now he is going to continue his grift with this new title.

My suggestion is to not fall for his grift and keep your money so you can spend them on completed projects, or projects from devs that have actually produce a title or two. Don't feed the "devs" who always develop new titles but complete nothing.
OR do, I am not going to stop you, but know that you'll only make yourself part of the problem by rewarding such behavior from "devs" who produce nothing completed.

Kapios223

May 9, 2017
Don't get tricked dude, this dev fucked up big time with his first game, Saria Reclaimed, by remaking it so many times. First with the card battle instead of skill battle fuck, then we got the entire game changed into VN instead of RPGM. Want to know the best part? He abandoned Saria Reclaimed lmao.

Oh and Vel, I know you were online since it just showed you online lol. Still can't live without F95zone, huh?
You want the Cherry on top? Saria reclaimed was NOT his first game that he failed to develop to completion, his first game was Miru-GA that he also failed to develop to completion and abandoned it.

GartenSarsg

Nov 9, 2019
I don't get the hate. He tried, failed, then tried again. Like most of novice game developer. He doesn't like his previous game so why he can't start another one?
Setting it on fire and abandoning it isn't really failing. It's succeeding at milking money from people who lack basic pattern recognition skills.

Which is a real shame, cause his art is pretty good. I wish he'd either actually stick with a project or just stick to making art.

Also, boo, male protagonist for this one.

Last edited:

Noire32

May 28, 2021
I wish I could say I hold hope for this but . . . first time shame on you, second time, shame on me.

DemonLord98

Oct 11, 2019
He should find a competent dev team(and a good PR person) with a great coder, have THEM make Saria Reclaimed and he can just shut-up and draw the art. He has proven to have NO people skills what so ever.

Reactions: Jeidoz
2.30 star(s) 3 Votes