• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Glassix 2 [v0.11.0] [Gaweb Studio]

Takonar

Aug 21, 2018
Have the preview pictures been updated to represent the current state of the game, or are they showcasing outdated visuals?

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Glassix2-0.11
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

cap_caroline1

Feb 19, 2022
just posting here to keep up the good work. i was reading trough the tread. you are using the unit HDRP, right? isnt that designed for mostly high end computers? and arquetural render and such? can you switch to URP? i thonk that your game would benefit from that and the lighting that you wanna achive can look good using URP. or do you plan in making a future graphical update? or maybe a shader

Reactions: kmxxx

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Here my comparison, there is a whole universe from one to the other... enjoy your nightmares
Just one word: Abomination
I need to update preview pictures but you are comparing two images with really different angles. Any pictures taken from that up close will make any girl look weird, like the girl has crossed eyes. I'll need to adjust the camera angle when casting spells so that players can't complain about the weird angle. I wanted to show the eye effect when switch doll/slave mode on/off but it appears using this as a preview gets really negative feedback because players can't understand this concept.

just posting here to keep up the good work. i was reading trough the tread. you are using the unit HDRP, right? isnt that designed for mostly high end computers? and arquetural render and such? can you switch to URP? i thonk that your game would benefit from that and the lighting that you wanna achive can look good using URP. or do you plan in making a future graphical update? or maybe a shader
Yes, it's HDRP. I wanted the best quality for Glassix 2 so I went with it. I don't plan to change to URP since there's already too much done on the game to make it work with HDRP and low settings should work on low end computers I think. If not, I don't think it would be due to the RP used but due to Daz models being way too high poly which I'm afraid I can't really change. Shaders could also use some work of course but this is a vast specialization on its own and I'm learning everything by myself so I'm afraid I won't be able to compete with other H games with a proper team with dedicated coders and designers. However, what I do aim is to make Glassix 2 the best sandbox game out there where you'll have real control over the city and its citizens compared to other games. it will take time though.

Every time a new update comes out I try again, will this be the good one?
I'm afraid you might want to wait a few more month if you're looking into content. Those early versions are mainly here to test and optimize stuff. I've started adding content in v0.12 but even in that one, it's only 2-3 events since 3D now require me to animate each step compared to 2D Glassix. I'm planning to add the event editor in v0.13 to make creating events much easier and players would be able to use it too to create their own events. So maybe that'll help with adding more content to the game in the future.

Have the preview pictures been updated to represent the current state of the game, or are they showcasing outdated visuals?
I need to update them.

Blue3252

Sep 14, 2017
Like with how Lab Rats 2 went - this whole thing just makes me unbelievably depressed. But I suppose that at some point all good things must come to an end; and that one-hit wonders aren't confined to the music industry. I wish you the best Daedolon.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Like with how Lab Rats 2 went - this whole thing just makes me unbelievably depressed. But I suppose that at some point all good things must come to an end; and that one-hit wonders aren't confined to the music industry. I wish you the best Daedolon.
What's the problem with Lab Rats 2? I personally like it, since you can actually control girls unlike many other games.

kostello

Aug 3, 2017
What's the problem with Lab Rats 2? I personally like it, since you can actually control girls unlike many other games.
I can only guess, but I think he talks about visuals in lab rats 1 (good honey select pics) and weird-looking 3d puppets that all looks the same, lacking with diversity in poses and angles. (And I'm not even talking about LR2 development time and it's quiet death before resurrection)

I played Glassix 1 multiple times many years ago, and I'm glad to see that the sequel evolves in many dimensions, although I cannot disagree with claims about unusual and unfamiliar visual style of it. It's a very good practice to update preview screenshots if you think that they do not reflect current stage of development. And I must admit, current screenshots really may look not as promising as people may had wait them to be. But it is all just a matter of time, can't wait to play final version sometime in the future.

I wish you good luck and not to loose your interest in the sequel, thank you for your great job. Me, and, I'm sure, many others will keep our eyes on your achievements

cap_caroline1

Feb 19, 2022
I have several potential solutions to fix that. Let's take an example. In the university cafeteria, you can have (at the moment) up to ~40 NPCs at once which is massive due to textures current size. So first solution would be to lower the max amount of NPCs displayed at once thus reducing number of texture loaded.

Another solution would be to crunch textures when on low graphics to 1k for example and cache those new textures in specific folders so that once crunched, you don't need to crunch it next time. 2k is ~4 times the size of a 1k texture and 4k is ~16 times the size of a 1k, so shrinking textures could reduce memory usage, albeit at quality cost but that's obviously what quality settings are for. Or I could also release a lower textures pack directly crunched.
is there a way to have a LOD texture based on distance? and load only the 2k texture on the people who are really close to the camera? and the far away people having a low texture on their skin. i imagine its the heaviest part

also it gave me a bit curiosity and i dicovered that house party also uses HRDP. maybe you should give a search if theres any informantion on how they did it

its honestly not a bad idead to try to contact then if they can give you a few pointers

Last edited:

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I can only guess, but I think he talks about visuals in lab rats 1 (good honey select pics) and weird-looking 3d puppets that all looks the same, lacking with diversity in poses and angles. (And I'm not even talking about LR2 development time and it's quiet death before resurrection)

I played Glassix 1 multiple times many years ago, and I'm glad to see that the sequel evolves in many dimensions, although I cannot disagree with claims about unusual and unfamiliar visual style of it. It's a very good practice to update preview screenshots if you think that they do not reflect current stage of development. And I must admit, current screenshots really may look not as promising as people may had wait them to be. But it is all just a matter of time, can't wait to play final version sometime in the future.

I wish you good luck and not to loose your interest in the sequel, thank you for your great job. Me, and, I'm sure, many others will keep our eyes on your achievements
The problem with comparing Lab Rats 1 and 2 is that despite though games having the same creator and story, the way they work are massively different. LR1 had fixed characters while LR2 add generated characters. You simply CAN'T have the same quality of visual in both versions. There are already thousands of games with pretty graphics and fixed characters while games with randomly generated characters are much more frequent. Players should expect the second kind of game would have less pretty characters.

As for the preview, you're right. I'll update them asap.

is there a way to have a LOD texture based on distance? and load only the 2k texture on the people who are really close to the camera? and the far away people having a low texture on their skin. i imagine its the heaviest part

also it gave me a bit curiosity and i dicovered that house party also uses HRDP. maybe you should give a search if theres any informantion on how they did it

its honestly not a bad idead to try to contact then if they can give you a few pointers
Unity already uses LOD textures (they call that mipmaps) though now that you mention it, since I load textures dynamically, I'm not sure if it also use the built in LOD system of Unity. I'll look into it.

I didn't know about House Party using HDRP, that could indeed give me some hints on how to improve the game. Thanks!

Revotur

Sep 25, 2018
Players should expect the second kind of game would have less pretty characters.
I think what you're saying here is that players should expect character quality to be at the same or even better level than the first game.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I think what you're saying here is that players should expect character quality to be at the same or even better level than the first game.
Not when the developer says the game will transition from 2D to 3D, on a first try at 3D ever lol. There's still work to improve shaders and lighting but all of this takes days to figure out as a beginner and I prefer offering something playable at the moment. I'll try to improve this aspect when the game offers a little more content. But again, the screenshots are outdated and the camera angles don't help. I'll update them as well asap.