VN Ren'Py Shattered Minds [Development Thread]

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
If the vast majority of the community wants it to happen, sure we could do that
If you wanna avoid a shitstorm from anti-ntr crowd, better never write this in the game's thread when the game is released.
Seriously, the anti-ntr crowd reach so high toxic-levels that they now also cry about netori storys because for them the girl has a boyfriend who is not MC, even if the whole point is MC take the girl for himself, is already NTR. Be sure that if you give a GF to Kobe for MC steal, they will demand you make absolutely clear that their relationship is shit and that you can't not even imply anything sexual between them because this will be NTR in their minds

eXtasy Games

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
If you wanna avoid a shitstorm from anti-ntr crowd, better never write this in the game's thread when the game is released.
Seriously, the anti-ntr crowd reach so high toxic-levels that they now also cry about netori storys because for them the girl has a boyfriend who is not MC, even if the whole point is MC take the girl for himself, is already NTR. Be sure that if you give a GF to Kobe for MC steal, they will demand you make absolutely clear that their relationship is shit and that you can't not even imply anything sexual between them because this will be NTR in their minds
I know I know.
This whole NTR topic has reached heights that shouldn't even be possible.
That's why the game in its current form has no NTR at all.

Durisaz

Apr 18, 2021
I just finished Fates and I have one complaint. It was way too easy accidentally skip presentation at the end of each chapter. If in "Shattered Minds" we would have similar cinematic, can you give some warning so I would know not to click?

Durisaz

Apr 18, 2021
Since this is development thread I don't think it would be offtop.
One thing that I find important in Mind Control games in general is how we use power itself. Too often it's just part of scripted event, without any input from player. I think it would be much more impactfull and enjoyable if we could explicitly use our power whenever it is needed. Even if this

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
One thing that I find important in Mind Control games in general is how we use power itself. Too often it's just part of scripted event, without any input from player. I think it would be much more impactfull and enjoyable if we could explicitly use our power whenever it is needed. Even if this
It will be a sandbox, so I'm guessing the player will have some control over the mind controlling.

You have to consider what it means to let the players decide everything, though. Player freedom is not a free resource. It always comes with the downside of complicating the coding and making it harder to write a tight narrative.

Reactions: lipe2410

eXtasy Games

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
I just finished Fates and I have one complaint. It was way too easy accidentally skip presentation at the end of each chapter. If in "Shattered Minds" we would have similar cinematic, can you give some warning so I would know not to click?
Shattered Minds won't have outros/cinematics.

Giving the player complete freedom to decide how, in what form, with what command and when to use his mind control power is almost impossible.
At least not if you want to tell a corruption story while doing so, as I do in Shattered Minds.

Complete freedom would be possible, but then the game would only be grind oriented; e.g. you use your power 3x to kiss her, then you unlock fondling. You can then choose whether you want to use your power for kissing or fondling. And so on...
(If that's what you meant.)

But my best advice is: the game comes out in two days, check it out and then decide if you like it.

eXtasy Games

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
Shattered Minds Character Preview: The MC

char_promo_MC_face.jpg

Let's get to the grand finale of our character preview series, the MC (main character)! So yeah, that's you.
He goes by the default name Alex, but you can name him whatever you like.

He had, up until this point, lived a fairly normal and steady life. Some will it surely call it boring, though. Playing video games all day long was his passion.
He is neither one of the cool kids nor one of the losers.

So he is nothing special UNTIL NOW. Until he discovers he has the power to control the minds of others.
What will he use this power for? Well, that's up to you, the player!

char_promo_MC_body.jpg

Even though our character preview series is coming to an end for now, new characters will still be added to the game in the future!
I have many plans for this game and I would like to invite you to join me on this journey!

Durisaz

Apr 18, 2021
(If that's what you meant.)
I'm bad at explaining what I have on mind :p
Example from "The Mind Society". In first chapter, each use of power happens after clicking button indicating command you are giving. Even if it was only thing you could do in that moment. In second chapter no so much. Sometimes game just indicates using Mind Control by changing color/font of text without user input, as if it was just part of conversation. This, in my private opinion, cheapens fantasy of wielding awesome powers.
Example from Mainstream games :p Why in newest God of War throwing axe os so fulfilling? One of reasons is better control over it, explicitly summoning it back by pushing button, instead of being automatic system.
Hopefully I was clearer now. I give myself 60% for that happening.

PieNaive

Oct 31, 2019
I have an idea that can help implement NTR in this game without those die hard anti NTR fan crying over the entire forum. For the bully's gf you can make her fake the toxic relationship between them at first. Then if the player want NTR they can have choices to slowly gain her trust, make her open to confess the shitty relationship she having and the MC can win her over, or the MC can just use mind control to understand her situation and then decide to help her or not. This will make NTR optional, not triggering the anti NTR and make players that simply not having enough interest in her move on without feeling bad for the girl. I'm terrible at expressing my idea, even more so in English.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
For real, i think the safest way is just make Kobe a dickhead without a gf, but wanting hook up with the cheerleaders but of course MC overcome him and take the girls to himself

Reactions: eXtasy Games

eXtasy Games

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2022
v001_release.jpg

The time has come! V0.01 of Shattered Minds is finished and ready for download!
Thanks for following all my updates over the past few weeks as well as your feedback and suggestions!

Features of V0.01:
  • The whole prologue
  • first quest of Bill
  • first quest of Sarah
  • first quest of Ava
  • open world
  • 3 minigames
Describing the entire scope and every detail of V0.01 is almost impossible.
Therefore, give it a try and I hope you've fun with it!

Playtime should be 2-3 hours, of course depending on your playstyle and how fast you are at reading.
I hope you like the game!

Shattered Minds is available for Windows, Linux, MAC and Android.

Downloadlinks can be found in the game thread!: LINK

Im_HaremGod

May 18, 2020
Mc's best friend kinda seems like a sociopath and unlikeable to me. The steeling underwear scene was already sketch but when the Kobe guy possibly loses his Scholarship/future after being mind controlled, Bill just revels in it and doesn't show a shred of guilt or remorse? seems quite evil and unlikable to me.

Reactions: honored.guestman

Ava999

May 27, 2023
View attachment 2188714

eXtasy Games presents: Shattered Minds

After "Fates: Determination" I'm proud to unveil my next game, which will be released soon, "Shattered Minds"!

Shattered Minds will offer an open world/sandbox experience, with an MC who has the power to control the minds of others.
All this paired with a thrilling, mysterious yet humorous plot.

Trailer:

Tags (planned or already in):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The gameplay

In Shattered Minds you play a young male college student whose name you can choose yourself. The game is played entirely from the first-person perspective.
You can freely wander around the world, interact with characters and objects, earn money, buy things, play mini-games and complete quests.
For now there are two places available in which the game is mainly set and which you can explore. One is the home of the MC, the other one is his college.

View attachment 2188715

It is possible to expand the game with countless locations in the future and so eventually even create a whole city where you can move around freely, have conversations with others, discover things and play quests! But that's a long way off.
Shattered Minds will feature a simulated daily schedule as well as simulated days of the week.

View attachment 2190116

Depending on the time of day (morning, noon, evening) or even the day of the week, the characters will have different activities and can be found in different places.
Means nothing else than in the morning other events are possible than in the afternoon and so on.

Your most important assistant, the smartphone
View attachment 2190118

The smartphone is your most important companion in Shattered Minds.

With it you can track the status of all active quests and always know at a glance what you have to do next.
It also offers an inventory, an app with data of all characters you have met in the game (data like age, height, bust size...), an app for online shopping and an app that shows you where the characters near you are located at the moment, eg. in which room they can be found. This saves you time looking for them.
A messenger is also included, as well as other apps that are unlocked during the course of the story.

The plot

Let's get to perhaps the most important part, the plot of Shattered Minds.
As mentioned at the beginning, you play a young guy who goes to college. You live together with an older woman and a younger woman.
The relationship and the names of the two can be set by you.
They can be your mother and sister, but also your landlady and roommate.... and everything in between.

View attachment 2190123

Shattered Minds is set in a world in which a few possess superpowers... and our MC is one of them.
Most of them live in secret and do not reveal themselves, just like our MC.
He has perhaps the most awesome and dangerous power of them all.... Mind Control!

For anyone who played my previous game, Fates, Shattered Minds is set in the same world and begins at the end of Fates.
However, it is not necessary to have played Fates to enjoy Shattered Minds.

You will use your power to influence others to do things... things they would never do otherwise, all for your benefit.
I'm being intentionally vague here so I don't give too much away, but I think we all know which direction it will go.

But not everything is great, a power like that never comes without its dark side...

View attachment 2190137

You'll find out about that soon enough in the game.

As you progress through the game, you will improve your ability, level it up and distribute skill points to make your power stronger and stronger.
The goal of the game should be to bring as many people as possible under your control using your mind control power, forming the world to your will and thus build a harem… for you to enjoy.

This is done through quests.
Each character will have its own storyline which will be told through these quests.
During these quests you will have to do tasks for the characters, get things, have (sexy) adventures with them, help them out or just get to know them better.

The graphics

Let's move on to the graphic side of Shattered Minds.
View attachment 2190148

Shattered Minds will consist of a mixture of animations and classic still images.
But these still images are not as still as they might seem at first glance:

I've added a so-called parallax effect, which you can see in the video linked above. When you move your mouse, the background and the figure in the foreground move with it. This should result in a kind of 3D effect.
Parried with the blinking, the characters in Shattered Minds look more alive than ever before!

But don't worry, if you don't like the parallax effect, you can turn it off entirely in the options menu.

View attachment 2190149

Release date

So, I think that's it for now. I hope I could make you curious and give you a rough idea of what to expect from my upcoming game.
The first version, V0.01, of Shattered Minds will be released in early 2023.
When exactly I can't say yet, the framework and gameplay mechanics are ready, now I'm filling the world with content and the first quests.

Thanks for reading!

Looking Forward to the next update! hoping to see some more people, different scenes, also more ways to use the Power.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The characters in this game are mean and cruel to themselves and others:
they deserve what is coming to them .. especially the bully and the cancel culture skank.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.