• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others [Translation Request] Bullet Requiem (D-lis)

Florentius

Oct 21, 2018
Man. Seeing how popular Night of Vengeance is I figured someone would've translated this by now. Sadge.

+1

Reactions: dmvdm

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Man. Seeing how popular Night of Vengeance is I figured someone would've translated this by now. Sadge.

+1
Still no translation?????
This is an issue of software, and decompilation, sadly. All we can do is wait to see if the tools get developed to help this.
On that note, I popped back into the of the people currently bringing a ClickTeam Fusion decompiler back into full swing, but it seems like we're still not quite there yet. We're further along, but not at the finish line for us.
Keep in mind, most people who even work on CTF decompilers are aiming at Western titles rather than Japanese ones. So anything Japanese is unlikely at best to be front of the line for them. (Not to mention how much of a pain decompiling/recompiling this engine seems to be. Hence why the tools for this engine pop in, then fizzle out.)
I submitted a new issue that I was getting that is preventing it from finishing, so we'll see if that gets sorted any time soon.
Bear in mind, they don't update particularly fast, so I wouldn't wait around with baited breath.

Shingedo

Oct 28, 2020
This is an issue of software, and decompilation, sadly. All we can do is wait to see if the tools get developed to help this.
On that note, I popped back into the of the people currently bringing a ClickTeam Fusion decompiler back into full swing, but it seems like we're still not quite there yet. We're further along, but not at the finish line for us.
Keep in mind, most people who even work on CTF decompilers are aiming at Western titles rather than Japanese ones. So anything Japanese is unlikely at best to be front of the line for them. (Not to mention how much of a pain decompiling/recompiling this engine seems to be. Hence why the tools for this engine pop in, then fizzle out.)
I submitted a new issue that I was getting that is preventing it from finishing, so we'll see if that gets sorted any time soon.
Bear in mind, they don't update particularly fast, so I wouldn't wait around with baited breath.
I took a look at the issue and it honestly seems quite easy to fix (if just the overflowing is the issue, if the calculations are wrong then I have no idea :D) but I don't have anything to test the possible fix with. Would there be a possibility for you to give me access to the files so that i can try to debug and potentially fix it?

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
I took a look at the issue and it honestly seems quite easy to fix (if just the overflowing is the issue, if the calculations are wrong then I have no idea :D) but I don't have anything to test the possible fix with. Would there be a possibility for you to give me access to the files so that i can try to debug and potentially fix it?
I'm guessing you're asking after the game. Thankfully you only need the base game as is. Just drag+drop the game's exe into the command line after starting their program.

If you're asking after the software itself, it's not my software, so you'll have to go to their github, download their source and build a new ver off that with your fixes in mind. Their main page has info in regards to that, as well.
Otherwise, certainly good luck with that patch. I couldn't tell you where the issue starts in that process, but feel free to poke around their source code and all! And here's to hoping it's a simple fix lol

Reactions: oksobroflo

Shingedo

Oct 28, 2020
I'm guessing you're asking after the game. Thankfully you only need the base game as is. Just drag+drop the game's exe into the command line after starting their program.

If you're asking after the software itself, it's not my software, so you'll have to go to their github, download their source and build a new ver off that with your fixes in mind. Their main page has info in regards to that, as well.
Otherwise, certainly good luck with that patch. I couldn't tell you where the issue starts in that process, but feel free to poke around their source code and all! And here's to hoping it's a simple fix lol
Yes that was what I was asking for.

I have a band-aid that stops it from crashing and completes the MFA export successfully. Though if the contents of it are correct and it is usable for translation is beyond my expertise.
If you want to give it a try you can check my fork with the fix: . Just follow their "Compilation" ReadMe using my repo instead of theirs.

Reactions: TragicSolitude

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Yes that was what I was asking for.

I have a band-aid that stops it from crashing and completes the MFA export successfully. Though if the contents of it are correct and it is usable for translation is beyond my expertise.
If you want to give it a try you can check my fork with the fix: . Just follow their "Compilation" ReadMe using my repo instead of theirs.
I appreciate the quick turn around, and going out of your way to throw a quick patch on it!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now I just have to install a whole new VS version and all the required toolkits for this...
430 installs here we come...
Either way, I'll get back with news about how this works out and if this software is our silver bullet or not!

Edit #1: Well, the program spits it out as an MFA. But I'm bumping into some issues for sure here.
Whole slew of incompatible script packages are preventing it from running properly. Have to dig deep into this it seems.

Edit #2: Cleared build issues. Application has built without any screamin' errors from CTF.
However, on opening the game in editor, it warns of "internal errors". I haven't seen anything pop up immediately, but it doesn't bode super well.
I'm hoping it's something that can be ignored without "too much" issue. I wouldn't know where to look to solve this issue, truth be told.

Last edited:

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
-brevity-
Well, good news/bad news.
The tool pumps out an MFA to use, but gives us a corrupted MFA for some reason.
Several events/conditions lose their data in this process, leading to a lot of really bad behavior.
E.g.: Being completely unable to control the game, no in game audio, etc.
I'm actually not even sure if this is an issue with our new hotfix, because I just flat out don't know what the deal could be. It's odd that it reads the data but totally loses it on exporting. (If that's what it is, or the data just isn't read to start. I don't know.)

Last edited:

Shingedo

Oct 28, 2020
Well, good news/bad news.
The tool pumps out an MFA to use, but gives us a corrupted MFA for some reason.
Several events/conditions lose their data in this process, leading to a lot of really bad behavior.
E.g.: Being completely unable to control the game, no in game audio, etc.
I'm actually not even sure if this is an issue with our new hotfix, because I just flat out don't know what the deal could be. It's odd that it reads the data but totally loses it on exporting. (If that's what it is, or the data just isn't read to start. I don't know.)
:(
But this sounds more like an issue of the reading itself than the band-aid. Since that was only a checksum calculation, I would possibly expect errors about "corruption" or "internal error" if the checksum value now is off. But if it doesn't work then that means that the real data is somehow getting garbled instead with which the band-aid has nothing to do.
Unfortunately I have no knowledge in that regard since I have no knowledge about the engine.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
:(
But this sounds more like an issue of the reading itself than the band-aid. Since that was only a checksum calculation, I would possibly expect errors about "corruption" or "internal error" if the checksum value now is off. But if it doesn't work then that means that the real data is somehow getting garbled instead with which the band-aid has nothing to do.
Unfortunately I have no knowledge in that regard since I have no knowledge about the engine.
Wasn't really throwing anything at you, sorry. I spent a little too long faffing about when I should have been sleeping and I was at my wits end.
I don't know much about the engine or the tool itself, I'm just lost with how this is happening. Because it reads other event data, and plenty of it, but some of it still gets lots somehow. And I'm not entirely sure how or why. I guess all I can do is make another ticket about it.

Edit: On poking around some more, it seems that some events are password protected, and this is generated between a checksum of the developer's name and a chosen password by the dev. Trying to access these events leads me to a password request in engine, so maybe this is why I'm getting corrupted event warnings? Somehow along the way with the tool, it's just not managing the passwords correctly?
I honestly don't know at this point, I'm just spitballing anything lol.

Last edited:

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
+1

How does this game still not have a translation lol
Well, quite simply, because of its engine format. And that there is only one tool to decompile this engine lol.
And how, even more unfortunately, trying to decompile it with said tool completely ruins the game.
Unfortunately, despite my best efforts along with Shingedo (read: They did all the hard work patching the tool), I can't get it to work. On decompilation with the only tool we have, several scripts in the game outright lose data. Meaning enemies will stand stock still and not act, projectiles freeze the moment they're fired, etc etc. I tried manually going through everything and repopulating some fields, but it seems like the data loss is too severe even beyond what I can manage.
I hate to outright call things, "dead", but it certainly doesn't look great with how the devs of the tool run their show.

ROCHAAALEX212

Oct 20, 2023
un%252f% 252fanidex.moe%253a6969%252fannounce%26tr%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fsukebei.tracker.wf%253a8888%252fannounce%26tr%3Dudp%253a%252f%252ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%253a6969%252fann onza%26tr%3Dudp%253a% 252f%252ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%253a6969%252fannounce%26tr%3Dudp%253a%252f%252ftracker.opentrackr.org%253a1337%252fannounce%26tr%3Dudp%253a%252f%252fshadowshq.yi.org%253a69 69%252fannounce% 26tr%3Dudp%253a%252f%252ftracker.pirateparty.gr%253a6969%252fannounce%26tr%3Dudp%253a%252f%252feddie4.nl%253a6969%252fannounce%26tr%3Dudp%253a%252f%252f9.rarbg .yo%253a2790% 252fannounce%26tr%3Dudp%253a%252f%252f9.rarbg.to%253a2790%252fannounce%26tr%3Dudp%253a%252f%252ftracker.doko.moe%253a6969