VN Ren'Py Not Going Back [Ch.1] [Cicada]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
cicadaNGB

How is this pledging going to be ?
From the sound of it the MC has to have sex with whomever they tell him...are these sex scenes forced, or do we get a choice to refuse them, maybe trick them or something along these lines ?

I honestly really dislike forced scenes, especially with slutty girls, like from that party/slut sorority (which includes Mia, if she wants to join them).

Reactions: NebulousShooter

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
cicadaNGB

How is this pledging going to be ?
From the sound of it the MC has to have sex with whomever they tell him...are these sex scenes forced, or do we get a choice to refuse them, maybe trick them or something along these lines ?

I honestly really dislike forced scenes, especially with slutty girls, like from that party/slut sorority (which includes Mia, if she wants to join them).
Mild spoiler for the pledge week?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For all scenes in the game there will always be a final, definitive 'do you want to do this?' choice before having sex with someone. It won't be worded like that, but you'll always have an opt-out. Just in case people accidentally make the 'correct' choices to go down a path that they didn't want to.

Example

Reactions: Raziel_8 and ilon55

HerkkuPeukku

Jul 12, 2023
I'm not saying that the dev should do anything, but myself, in this situation, with this level of negative feedback, I would redo the whole game from the beginning. There seems to be a lot of borderline "stuff" that can turn from a small thing into something that drives away a lot of players. At that point everything is already lost and redoing it is no longer relevant. But the dev does as he pleases. This F95 is one of the biggest springboards in this area and "burning" this forum will never be reasonable.

Reactions: Antera

HerkkuPeukku

Jul 12, 2023
For all scenes in the game there will always be a final, definitive 'do you want to do this?' choice before having sex with someone. It won't be worded like that, but you'll always have an opt-out. Just in case people accidentally make the 'correct' choices to go down a path that they didn't want to.

Example
What about a perspective like this. How much is the player forced to watch the sex of the side characters? Personally, I turn around at that point and walk away. I have no value for the side character if I'm forced to watch their sex. And I don't see the point of that in terms of the story either. I also watch the side characters' sex scenes through NTR glasses even though they are side characters. I'll stop playing pretty quickly at that point if this thing is forced.

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
What about a perspective like this. How much is the player forced to watch the sex of the side characters? Personally, I turn around at that point and walk away. I have no value for the side character if I'm forced to watch their sex. And I don't see the point of that in terms of the story either. I also watch the side characters' sex scenes through NTR glasses even though they are side characters. I'll stop playing pretty quickly at that point if this thing is forced.
image_2023-07-13_204139314.png

Characters existing outside of the MC's life is there for world-building purposes only. I wanted to create a world with somewhat believable characters, as much as reasonably possible. For instance, my planning spreadsheet has a character list. Currently, I've got 98 characters on it. Over half of them are completely insignificant to the story as a whole, and are there as background characters to make the game world feel more alive. Salient point: all scenes in the game will contain the MC, and no other male characters; all scenes are optional.

LiuXuande

May 5, 2022
I'm not saying that the dev should do anything, but myself, in this situation, with this level of negative feedback, I would redo the whole game from the beginning. There seems to be a lot of borderline "stuff" that can turn from a small thing into something that drives away a lot of players. At that point everything is already lost and redoing it is no longer relevant. But the dev does as he pleases. This F95 is one of the biggest springboards in this area and "burning" this forum will never be reasonable.
There are no negative feedbacks. Just the whining brigade sweating droplets at the mere notion that they are not the only male character in the game. I also think the dev shouldn't waste his time justifying himself to each of them when his stance is cleared, because unless he plans on removing every interaction between other characters including women aside from the MC, they will always find something to cry about.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
There are no negative feedbacks. Just the whining brigade sweating droplets at the mere notion that they are not the only male character in the game. I also think the dev shouldn't waste his time justifying himself to each of them when his stance is cleared, because unless he plans on removing every interaction between other characters including women aside from the MC, they will always find something to cry about.
I think you are being excessively dismissive. I get it, but, tone it down a bit, just sayin'...

Peace :(

jawz

Jul 9, 2020
I think you are being excessively dismissive. I get it, but, tone it down a bit, just sayin'...

Peace :(
I wish you good luck on this project, it isn't "exactly" for me, but, may be I can still enjoy a mutilated story.
Calling it a "mutilated story" cuz it didn't cater to your taste seems excessively dismissive to me.

But honestly though, the people that need to tone it down are the ones getting angry because more than 1 male character exists in a college-based game that focuses on fraternity and sorority life.

In any case, even though I prefer harems, I'm not against the "pick 1 girl" path. I just hope that the MC gets to sleep around a bit and get to know them all first before picking "the one". Leap of Faith is one where that forced you to pick a girl very early on, before you really get to know any of the women, and I definitely found that to be disappointing.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Calling it a "mutilated story" cuz it didn't cater to your taste seems excessively dismissive to me.

But honestly though, the people that need to tone it down are the ones getting angry because more than 1 male character exists in a college-based game that focuses on fraternity and sorority life.

In any case, even though I prefer harems, I'm not against the "pick 1 girl" path. I just hope that the MC gets to sleep around a bit and get to know them all first before picking "the one". Leap of Faith is one where that forced you to pick a girl very early on, before you really get to know any of the women, and I definitely found that to be disappointing.
Whose getting angry? All I see are people having a discussion about things. No one has attacked the dev, or anyone else. It's been pretty calm. So, you may want to reassess what you think is people getting angry.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

The story I will be playing will be mutilated. Not by the Dev, by myself. Because of MY specific likes and dislikes. I explained in detail why and what those are.

Also, I'm not angry, I'm sad, because I liked the game. I hoped against hope that it could be a Harem, or, at least a partial harem (Bare Witness style), or have a Harem ending that you had to work for. When none of that turned out possible, I got my only other option, and I say ONLY because it is like that FOR ME. I engaged with the Dev, respectfully (I think). I don't really care how you all are playing your game, it's NONE of my business. I only want that the limitation imposed on us, having only one girl, is also true for the girl I choose. Other wise, it is not fair, if they can have many guys, but we can only choose one girl. It's not a matter of jealousy, but of fair play.

Also, I can still play the game without choosing ANY, or, refusing them all. In that scenario, they can fuck whomever they want, except me. Couldn't care less. I'm not an all or nothing kinda guy, but I refuse to play "the field" before settling, or "choosing". I've seen that stupidity before and no more. If you like to be "played" by the Dev, more power to you. Because in the end, that's what it is. The Dev will "let" you explore the LI's, then when you don't expect it, he springs a choice on you. All the "field exploration" is gone, all your connection to any of the girls is gone.

If I already know before hand, that this is what is going to happen, why bother with any other except one. Since all of them are built to be pleasant and to love you, it doesn't matter which one you choose. If there are even variations, they will not be serious. So, randomly peek one and sent the rest away, they don't really matter, you can not have them really. That's what this type of games are for. The Dev playing with our frustrations. I am seriously fed up with that. And no matter how much nice the Dev is and presents it's game, that is what the game is.

Therefore, I don't play THAT game, I play the game in my own way, refusing the frustration gamified by the Dev, and try to get some satisfaction out of it, even if it's a smaller and mutilated version of HIS game.

Peace :)

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
~snipped~

Peace :)
And I just walk away, not play and watch the thread hoping the two girls I like become main LIs before other guys bang them. But I'm pretty sure my wait will be in vain. It is what it is though. I'm not angry about it, even though I liked what I already played.

Reactions: FatGiant

Kaz21

Apr 28, 2017
A good start so far. I like the characters and the pacing.

For the dev i would say stick to your vision and build the game. Catering too much to feedback always leads to more problems then solutions. The game has a good structure already. I will be following the game closely. Will also consider supporting it down the line if it continues to be good.

Wishing u the best.

Reactions: cicadaNGB

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021

Example
will mc be the only person sexually involved with the LI's from start to finish of the game?

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
My tier list based on who we met:
S Tier (the waifus): Frame855a.jpg Frame671.jpg
Imogen, Alice
A Tier (hot & interesting): Frame586halfa.jpg Frame515halfb.jpg Frame323a.jpg Frame589a.jpg
Lucy, Ellie, Bobbie/Bonnie
B Tier (friend with ass): Frame21a.jpg Frame522halfb.jpg
Mia, Tegan
C Tier (good fuck): Frame1274.jpg Frame964.jpg
Chloe, Rachel
D Tier (don't really care rn): Frame522halfa.jpg Frame586halfb.jpg
Rosie, Jess
TBD: Frame515halfa.jpg
Anna (Imogen's roommate)

and
All subject to change as it's only Ch. 1

Reactions: cicadaNGB

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
cicadaNGB
One of the better college setting VN.
After playing it made me want to try other school setting games to scratch the itch only to learn how poorly the theme is handled by other VNs. The dialogue/story and attractive big ass babes in a college setting is the best part of this game.
I also give zero fucks about if its harem or not. Having some reality in a game is always a plus in my experience.
The game is going in the right direction. I have basically no qualms on the development and look forward to your writing and renders.

Last edited:

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
cicadaNGB
One of the better college setting VN.
After playing it made me want to try other school setting games to scratch the itch only to learn how poorly the theme is handled by other VNs. The dialogue/story and attractive big ass babes in a college setting is the best part of this game.
I also give zero fucks about if its harem or not. Having some reality in a game is always a plus in my experience.
The game is going in the right direction. I have basically no qualms on the development and look forward to your writing and renders.
Thanks a lot for such a detailed review, was really interesting to read. I've fixed the couple of consistency/typo errors there, I knew that some would sneak through no matter how many times I thought I'd read it. Benji's model is just a bit difficult to work with, unfortunately. Most of the renders of him have some sort of clipping that's genuinely easier to just edit out in post. I'll go back to those frames and see if I can make it look better but it may have to stay a bit fucked.

I agree that some of the early frames some characters look a bit doll-like, I definitely improved with regard to lighting etc. to make things visually more appealing as the chapter went on. I actually 'finished' the game probably over a month ago now, and went back re-rendering some older parts of the chapter that were particularly egregious. A lot of this was also just me not knowing how to use depth of field in DAZ early on, or just not having any additional lighting. Hopefully from here on out the quality will continue to improve :)

Oh, also, on the surroundings/environment/buildings being bare, atm that's just an asset & hardware issue. Would love to have been able to find/create a more believable visual world for the accommodation (and for exterior shots of other buildings, too) but unfortunately it just wasn't especially feasible. It's something I can build towards, though

Reactions: anon280

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
Hello! I've decided that I want to start doing devlogs of sorts. Not sure how frequent they'll be, but, as I have no projection for when chapter 2 will come, I want to at least give some sort of update every so often so that those of you who care know that I'm still working on this.
My biggest fear when releasing the project for the first time wasn't the response it would get, but actually was the fact that there is now expectation. Not just from the people who've played it and enjoyed it (thanks to anyone who has, by the way), but for myself to now actually put the work in a make this idea into a reality. Before I released the game, it was a hobby/passion project that I worked on as I could. But now it's out there, everything feels a lot more real. If that makes sense. I committed to finishing the project long ago, but the actual first release, I guess naturally, feels like an actual commitment.
No I don't need therapy, why do you ask?

Anyway, chapter 2. Good news and bad news. The good news is that I'm already over 280 renders into it, and it's more than half written. The bad news is that I don't work that quickly - I've been working on chapter 2 in the background for a few months after draft 1 of the first chapter was finished, while I was checking things over and redoing certain scenes. So I can't accurately say how long it's actually taken me to get this far through chapter 2. What I can say is chapter 2 looks like it'll be considerably longer than chapter 1.

I've taken onboard as much of the feedback I've received on chapter 1 as I could, and I just want to thank again anyone who's left a comment or review, particularly those who have gone into detail (because I find it really interesting to read).

For now, I'll leave you with 4 previews for chapter 2, for those who want a sneak peek of who you'll be seeing at the start of chapter 2

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
Hello! I've decided that I want to start doing devlogs of sorts. Not sure how frequent they'll be, but, as I have no projection for when chapter 2 will come, I want to at least give some sort of update every so often so that those of you who care know that I'm still working on this.
My biggest fear when releasing the project for the first time wasn't the response it would get, but actually was the fact that there is now expectation. Not just from the people who've played it and enjoyed it (thanks to anyone who has, by the way), but for myself to now actually put the work in a make this idea into a reality. Before I released the game, it was a hobby/passion project that I worked on as I could. But now it's out there, everything feels a lot more real. If that makes sense. I committed to finishing the project long ago, but the actual first release, I guess naturally, feels like an actual commitment.
No I don't need therapy, why do you ask?
thanks for being so open about it. i appreciate the blog for gaining some insight on a dev.
Anyway, chapter 2. Good news and bad news. The good news is that I'm already over 280 renders into it, and it's more than half written. The bad news is that I don't work that quickly - I've been working on chapter 2 in the background for a few months after draft 1 of the first chapter was finished, while I was checking things over and redoing certain scenes. So I can't accurately say how long it's actually taken me to get this far through chapter 2.

take your time :), that way you can maintain the energy you came in with the first chapter and don't feel as though you must rush yourself (but at some point, there also is a too long).

What I can say is chapter 2 looks like it'll be considerably longer than chapter 1.
this is extra good news
I've taken onboard as much of the feedback I've received on chapter 1 as I could, and I just want to thank again anyone who's left a comment or review, particularly those who have gone into detail (because I find it really interesting to read).

For now, I'll leave you with 4 previews for chapter 2, for those who want a sneak peek of who you'll be seeing at the start of chapter 2

:sneaky:(y)
looking forward getting to know these beauties some more

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes