VN Ren'Py Not Going Back [Ch.1] [Cicada]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Chloe isn't a main LI. She's a side girl. If you're counting side characters *potentially* having/forming their own relationships, then fair enough, yes, that will happen in this game. Didn't intend to misinform. For further clarity, some side female characters are also already in relationships and won't have scenes at all. Sorry for any confusion

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
I don't like games where you have to constantly chase the dicks away from the women as if they were my daughters. So I think I'll watch a few updates to see if there's potential or if the dev is lying to our faces by bringing some shit into the game after the fact. We're already on the edge and it's looking bad, so better to be prepared than disappointed.
Yeah, there will be a fair bit of 'dick chasing'(?) early on for some paths but it won't be too constant. Ultimately, the main LIs are main LIs for a reason, and, when all's said and done, they only have eyes for the MC (even if you don't like them/go down their route)

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
So main girls are: Ellie Imogen Alice Bonnie/Bobbie Mia Teagan and pink haired girl?

People really freeaking out over even the idea of having competition. So Mia might have had a past and other people are interested in her? Big deal. She seems interested in the MC and then it's just all the sweeter when you win out over all the other guys.

Teagan is a little free spirited but she's 1/8 if it really bothers you so much.

Story is a little basic right now I guess an OK getting to know you for all the characters I'll give it another chapter or so before really making a judgement but it has a lot of potential.
Those are the main LIs, yes. Bobbie/Bonnie's path is inherently linked, but you won't be able to date both, you'd have to eventually pick one

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Hello! Game dev here, for some reason didn't expect the game to be here this quickly, so I've got a bit of catching up to do.

First, and most importantly, thanks to anyone who's tried the game so far. If you didn't hate it, hopefully you'll stick around for chapter 2 (and hopefully I'll get that finished within a reasonable timeframe).

I appreciate all the feedback I've got so far, and I'll be replying directly to the ones where I've got a more specific answer/explanation/more information etc.

Overall, though, the big thing to address, I suppose, is tags. The comment I put on itch, that someone was kind enough to post here, is accurate, in that, with the main 8 LIs, there will be no NTR/sharing etc., with male characters. There will be the possibility for multiple girls scenes, however. The presence of so many male characters thus far in the game is purely for world-building; this game (I know some people will roll their eyes at this) is genuinely more about the story than the sex scenes, and I wanted to ground it in some vague form of reality. So, multiple male characters, female characters, pre-existing and previous relationships, etc. You probably already know if this is something you like or dislike in a game, so hopefully outlining it like this will help people decide whether to keep an eye on the project or not. As for future tags, the sexual content will be relatively vanilla. I don't expect to explore many, if any, wild kinks/fetishes.

I forgot to add, there will be no harem path. The game will, at some point, definitively split onto routes for each of the 8 main LIs. So, yeah. Sorry about that if you're really into harem.
Ok, No Harem. This decreases my interest by 90%. Not your fault, do the game as you want.

I don't replay games like these, I play once, and after that I forget it exists. So, I will only get to know one girl. Knowing that there is no Harem, I'll replay this first release, focus on the girl I liked the best and not even talk to any of the others, not even side ones. Because, what's the point... Not being an Harem, let's play it monogamously and not be a cheater.

I interpret the No Harem games with multiple LI's as a "Choose your girl", for all intents and purposes, after my choice they are irrelevant, no matter what other stories they might have, since I'll never see them, it's wasted effort.

I am sure that you don't intend the game to be interpreted that way, but, that's what No Harem, means. You are monogamous, or a cheater. My choice is not a cheater.

I wish you good luck on this project, it isn't "exactly" for me, but, may be I can still enjoy a mutilated story.

Peace :(

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
Ok, No Harem. This decreases my interest by 90%. Not your fault, do the game as you want.

I don't replay games like these, I play once, and after that I forget it exists. So, I will only get to know one girl. Knowing that there is no Harem, I'll replay this first release, focus on the girl I liked the best and not even talk to any of the others, not even side ones. Because, what's the point... Not being an Harem, let's play it monogamously and not be a cheater.

I interpret the No Harem games with multiple LI's as a "Choose your girl", for all intents and purposes, after my choice they are irrelevant, no matter what other stories they might have, since I'll never see them, it's wasted effort.

I am sure that you don't intend the game to be interpreted that way, but, that's what No Harem, means. You are monogamous, or a cheater. My choice is not a cheater.

I wish you good luck on this project, it isn't "exactly" for me, but, may be I can still enjoy a mutilated story.

Appreciate you. Interestingly enough, I'm the exact same when I play games that aren't harem, so I completely understand your perspective. Thanks for the good luck too. I hope whichever path you choose will be enjoyable for you

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Appreciate you. Interestingly enough, I'm the exact same when I play games that aren't harem, so I completely understand your perspective. Thanks for the good luck too. I hope whichever path you choose will be enjoyable for you
::cough:: alice ::cough::

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cicadaNGB

HerkkuPeukku

Jul 12, 2023
Those are the main LIs, yes. Bobbie/Bonnie's path is inherently linked, but you won't be able to date both, you'd have to eventually pick one
That's one hell of a big turn off if you have two good options and are forced to choose only one of them. Maybe this isn't my game either I might as well walk away.

Another big mistake is if you've made your way with several women and then suddenly have to choose only one, then that's where the game is deleted from your computer. That error was worst in a game called Become a Rock Star. You were allowed to seduce women for yourself, but almost at the end of the game you had to choose one woman and at that point I had my screen destroyed by a fist-sized hole in it.

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
That's one hell of a big turn off if you have two good options and are forced to choose only one of them. Maybe this isn't my game either I might as well walk away.

Another big mistake is if you've made your way with several women and then suddenly have to choose only one, then that's where the game is deleted from your computer. That error was worst in a game called Become a Rock Star. You were allowed to seduce women for yourself, but almost at the end of the game you had to choose one woman and at that point I had my screen destroyed by a fist-sized hole in it.
All valid points. I'm hoping that I've planned the game well enough to where your choices will dictate the paths you go down, so you won't be stuck with any sudden forced decisions. Me saying 'have to eventually pick one' may have been a bit inaccurate. Either way, I appreciate you checking the game out, even it you decide it's not for you

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
If you wonder why Alice, because so far she will not be joining the sororities. The pledging rules of them having to "do" who they tell them, immediately stinks of cheating. Those LI's, to me, are completely out of question. If I have only ONE, I expect the same back. If that isn't what's going to happen, I will feel cheated and will curse the day I ever played your game. I am being frank here.

You impose a rule to the players, I expect that you follow it up with the girls. No exceptions. No blackmails, no dream sequences, no virtual realities, no drunk mistakes... No pledging rules, either, not for us, and not for them.

Sorry, I reread this and deleted some sentences that in my eyes sounded overly angry. So, if what's left feels disjointed, I apologize. I am quite sad right now, after learning of your No Harem stance. I fell instantly for this game, and now... damn. Well, good luck, again, from what you showed us it has the potential to be excellent.

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
If you wonder why Alice, because so far she will not be joining the sororities. The pledging rules of them having to "do" who they tell them, immediately stinks of cheating. Those LI's, to me, are completely out of question. If I have only ONE, I expect the same back. If that isn't what's going to happen, I will feel cheated and will curse the day I ever played your game. I am being frank here.

You impose a rule to the players, I expect that you follow it up with the girls. No exceptions. No blackmails, no dream sequences, no virtual realities, no drunk mistakes... No pledging rules, either, not for us, and not for them.

Sorry, I reread this and deleted some sentences that in my eyes sounded overly angry. So, if what's left feels disjointed, I apologize. I am quite sad right now, after learning of your No Harem stance. I fell instantly for this game, and now... damn. Well, good luck, again, from what you showed us it has the potential to be excellent.

Hey, thanks. Sorry to disappoint, I hope that you still get an enjoyable experience out of the game and that it lives up to the potential I hope it has.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Can't wait to join SIN!

Also, no harem doesn't mean you are stuck on one path and can't fool around with more than one LI for most of your game, just that you will have to choose who you prioritize. As unlikely as it is to happen, I hope for a throuple with Tegan and emo Jill Imogen!
Without an Harem, that will be cheating.

I'm not saying that I never do it, but, I do avoid it. Not because of morals or anything like that, but, I do prefer to be honest and avoid dramas and hiding games. Especially, I avoid to do it out of respect. For the one I am in a monogamous relation and for myself.

Any of you that like it, do it, it's your choice. Me, well, if I can't have an open and honest polyamorous relation, I prefer to keep it clean. Since in this game that option doesn't exist, I'll stay with one girl, Alice (so far), and simply do the utmost to reject all others, not talking to them or being actually rude so they stay the fuck away.

If Alice turns to be a bad option, I'll go for a None option, if there's that option. Or, I'll simply lose interest and put this game on ignore (only did it twice so far).

Reactions: qaywsx

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
Even if I don't end up playing all paths, I always prefer no harem and what you said about side girls potentially forming their own relationships sounds cool, too. Just gives off a more realistic feel. Looking forward to the next updates. Gl with your project! :)

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
please don't make the girls loose or too slutty, the common showers should be not shown as well - where I come from we don't force nudism on our women

jawz

Jul 9, 2020
Character bios is something I could definitely consider adding. May be difficult to implement (would have to design and code UI etc.) but you're definitely right that it will be useful in the future.

As for transitions, I never really thought of a way to implement them that didn't itself feel jarring. I think I fell into the trap while testing of thinking scenes were flowing well because I knew what was coming, but that was probably just because I already knew the path
If you find the character bios too difficult to implement in game, I've seen some devs just add the character bios as images that you can download separately from the main game. Off the top of my head, Lust Academy and WVM do this. You can check their thread pages to see exactly what I mean.

For transitions, if you don't like the "black background with some text" type transition, other ways to do it can be like having a single render of a character entering a room first before dialogue starts or a dialogue-less render of the mc doing something before speaking. Using the previous example, after MC tells his roommate the he's waiting for a girl to come over at 6 to study together, maybe have a render of him lying in bed with a book open or sitting at his desk studying his pc screen, followed by a render showing the sun going down and the MC climbing into bed. That way, when the flashing eye comes, it's not out of no where. The very next render, the MC is standing in front of the window in the morning fully dressed. Again, probably needs something like him pulling the sheets back or him getting dressed.

Hope that helps

Reactions: cicadaNGB

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018

BaDik did that shit too :cry:

Reactions: HerkkuPeukku
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes