VN Ren'Py Not Going Back [Ch.1] [Cicada]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Nice start setting it up the game.. also thought the background on the MC was good. College life is a bit overdone.. but the hey give the people what they want isn't a bad route to take. Decent writing.. the girls are pretty diverse and well rendered. All in all a decent start. Can't wait to see who/what/why the cyclopes dream/flashback is about. Also enjoyed the ending with all the girls.. With some timely updates this one should take roots and grow. Kudos to Cicada.. can't wait to see where he takes us!

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
So yeah, it was.. alright? Kind of just simple slice of life. No crazy shenanigans or insane moments like a typical exaggerated college game with goofy humor. This is seriously just a day (months, years?) in the life of MC. Walking around, going to class, talking to people, sleep and repeat.

As for the characters and game itself? They are alright. Though it feels like NTR is coming if you go down certain paths.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Eh, or maybe I'm just reading into it too much. Been burned too many times on other games, so these kind of things stood out for me. But don't know the future tags so no idea if it is the case or not. That's my thoughts on it at least.

Could use some transitions though to better show the elapsed time. It's rather jarring going from one scene to another. Game jumps around a lot and skips time, and you have no idea when it does it. Need some sort of transition or something to show time passed instead of having a conversation and then jumping ahead several hours to another conversation with different people.

But otherwise, I guess it's not bad. Just felt like every day life at college. Nothing exciting or surprising happening, just a simple regular day (or days I should say). Average MC, doing average things, talking to everyday people, sitting in class listening to the teacher, etc. There is a party scene, but it's just the MC having regular conversations with regular folks and that's it. Still, while it may not be for me, I wish you the best of luck with your project and thanks. ;)

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
So yeah, it was.. alright? Kind of just simple slice of life. No crazy shenanigans or insane moments like a typical exaggerated college game with goofy humor. This is seriously just a day (months, years?) in the life of MC. Walking around, going to class, talking to people, sleep and repeat.

As for the characters and game itself? They are alright. Though it feels like NTR is coming if you go down certain paths.

Eh, or maybe I'm just reading into it too much. Been burned too many times on other games, so these kind of things stood out for me. But don't know the future tags so no idea if it is the case or not. That's my thoughts on it at least.

Could use some transitions though to better show the elapsed time. It's rather jarring going from one scene to another. Game jumps around a lot and skips time, and you have no idea when it does it. Need some sort of transition or something to show time passed instead of having a conversation and then jumping ahead several hours to another conversation with different people.

But otherwise, I guess it's not bad. Just felt like every day life at college. Nothing exciting or surprising happening, just a simple regular day (or days I should say). Average MC, doing average things, talking to everyday people, sitting in class listening to the teacher, etc. There is a party scene, but it's just the MC having regular conversations with regular folks and that's it. Still, while it may not be for me, I wish you the best of luck with your project and thanks. ;)
I have the same feeling on most of the girls. The only one who doesn't seem to be going down a shit route is Alice. But she's not the one that I like. I haven't finished this yet and I may not. So, I haven't technically met the girl I think is the hottest yet.

Reactions: SpyderArachnid

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Too many men? The most successful AVN has also lots of men, no harem, no incest and borderline ntr.

Reactions: Cahmon

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Bummer that Lucy isn't in the header (I guess she isn't part of the 8 LI) but at least Imogen seems cool and Ellie, from what little we've seen, also seems like an alright girl.

Reactions: eslamtito229

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
So main girls are: Ellie Imogen Alice Bonnie/Bobbie Mia Teagan and pink haired girl?

People really freeaking out over even the idea of having competition. So Mia might have had a past and other people are interested in her? Big deal. She seems interested in the MC and then it's just all the sweeter when you win out over all the other guys.

Teagan is a little free spirited but she's 1/8 if it really bothers you so much.

Story is a little basic right now I guess an OK getting to know you for all the characters I'll give it another chapter or so before really making a judgement but it has a lot of potential.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
People really freeaking out over even the idea of having competition.
I'm not freaking out over it. But, you're right. I'm not into having competition. I already see where this game is going with the whole 'Cleo and surfer boy' and it's not my thing. I get that people like this and I'm not the guy who bashes on devs who write these games. Nor will I bash on people who enjoy them.

We're all pervs here and we all enjoy different things. For now, I'm just going to wait and see where this game goes. I wish the dev well.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
If you are looking for LIs that aren't Hoe's (i.e. LIs worth having for oneself/MC, and not a specific niche).
You're looking in the wrong thread/game.

Hopefully this is acceptable enough now, not to get deleted. (did boil it down to the simply fact without the humor).
People should be able to know what they're getting into.

jawz

Jul 9, 2020
So main girls are: Ellie Imogen Alice Bonnie/Bobbie Mia Teagan and pink haired girl?

People really freeaking out over even the idea of having competition. So Mia might have had a past and other people are interested in her? Big deal. She seems interested in the MC and then it's just all the sweeter when you win out over all the other guys.

Teagan is a little free spirited but she's 1/8 if it really bothers you so much.

Story is a little basic right now I guess an OK getting to know you for all the characters I'll give it another chapter or so before really making a judgement but it has a lot of potential.
I was thinking the center girl in this screenshot (https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/07/thumb/2783921_rQEOAU.jpg) would be one of the LIs. We've only seen her like twice, but there was a scene that highlighted the eye contact she has with the MC and she gives off the vibe that she's the tough boss bitch among the sorority sisters, which is a popular trope.

Also, I'd wager Rachael and Lucy are part of the 8, just from what we've seen so far.

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
I know that, aside from a joke from rKnight and a "thx" from xmilteach, the first few pages of comments are supposed to be dedicated to crying about fear of NTR tags and compliments about how hot the girls are, but what caught my eye was...
350lbs... That's a good lift, but:
Yep "spot" on with your assessment...(see what I did there with the words? ;) )

Squat racks have safety bars and someone has apparently removed those. Also, what the heck kind of bar clamps are those?!? And how is the bench supporting all of that weight without legs/frame? (I know, it isn't really a bench...)

If I am doing the math correctly, (plates are colored for competitions - I don't believe they are necessarily bumper plates), he's pressing 329.06 lbs or just a shade under 150 kg.

Regardless of the nitpicking on details, it is a wonder both of his wrists aren't completely tweaked...at least he isn't using a suicide grip.

Reactions: Bill Temple

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Well, I gonna be honest here, I wasn't expecting a college VN being as decent as this one.
The writing is good and the dialogue is natural and easy to follow. So far we don't know much about MC's past, but judging by the little pieces we've gotten, it's advancing smoothly.

It's great to see dev buts attention to males as much as as female models, it helps getting the feeling that MC is in a real place and not sorrounded by 'cardboard' people whose only role is to fill a background.

The only thing that worries me is the amount of girls we're meeting in so little time: Usually it means more development time and devs struggling to keep separate diverse paths for each. Time will tell what will happen,for now I gonna keep following this VN closely.

Assman_6969

Dec 6, 2020
The main 8 LI seem to actually be Mia, Ellie, Imogen, Alice, Rachel, The Blonde we made eyes with but no name yet, Bobbie and last Teagan.... The 8 are in the pics on the main page under the links.....duh!

I start off with saying this is a very welcome change from the usual trash and this 1st look is very promising if it it keeps this quality of work overall consistently. That is the main thing with tons of these, they seem to go down in quality very fast and get rushed so heres to one going steady til all 11 episodes hit! Good luck dev!

I'm gonna go off of real life experience with my 1st choice so far Mia and for all the reasons listed above I am the opposite and letem fuckin want or try all they can and want. Fuck all who isn't Mia or myself as mc, I never have n never will give a shit bout gossip or bs talk from a dork stalker or a hoe of a chic and especially some douche runnin his gums bout his make believe conquest that was his wet dreams, that's what that is and I don't give 2 shits how many thirsty fucks male or female want my main chic Mia, if others are really gonna effect you that much good luck with being with any female that is hot or popular. Mia is only thing I am seeing and actually will take what she has shown and she is the one making it clear she is coming after mc. No matter what she isn't my gf so why care if she did anything honestly and til we were offical in some way mc has no reason but to keep it movin with options, not dwell on rumors! If you let others effect your choices whe it comes to a girl you don't deserve her or anyone cause you are a douche that will be quick to only be gettin with lefty and righty not any pussy.

Hazel_tcsv-sig.gif Elena_KG_sig.gif Bella_da_best_sg_sig.gif

Dec 9, 2020
Great start.
A lot of content(not sexual though) for an introduction release.
But no harem? damn dis gon be hard to choose, separate paths don't usually lead to equal paths unfortunately.
Still, looking forward to more!

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes