Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I just want to say that I am really liking this version of Evangelion! Really very fun and well done.

View attachment 3299125

Hoping a lot of success to the developer!

I mean, literally ANY anime with big mechas would make more sense than comparing it to NGE, there's no government systematically traumatizing young teens, no psychological devastation, no evil maniacal mastermind as boss of their organization, who somehow still isn't the worst person in the story.
No enemies who target your mind as much as your body or your robot...

This feels more Robotech and Pacific Rim than NGE.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: robin312 and Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I mean, literally ANY anime with big mechas would make more sense than comparing it to NGE, there's no government systematically traumatizing young teens, no psychological devastation, no evil maniacal mastermind as boss of their organization, who somehow still isn't the worst person in the story.

hahah probably yeah!

But I was an Evangelion manic growing up, so for me big mechas, aliens attack and hot girls (not gonna lie, those bodysuits were such a turn on) brings my head to NGE!

Still, really liking the game!

Reactions: robin312 and botc76

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Having played through the game I have to say, I had a lot of fun in the end, though the start was rough, the MC starts out so horrible and disgusting, and it really takes some time until the game (or maybe your choices) steer him away from that, and tbh. the LIs aren't much better at the start.
The most positive ones are one who is just scientifically curious and one who is horny for the MC, the others range from hating your guts for racist and sexist reason, over thinking you are a caveman, to being afraid of you.
That's not exactly endearing as well. And I have to admit, as much as the MC CAN be an asshole, at least two of the LIs are at least as bad, and it kinda rubbed me the wrong way that I had to basically take all the shit they pulled without getting back at them, to get the best development with them. One or two of them should at least have been a little bit humbled by the MC, before they change course. This way, it's all a bit convenient that they just stop being assholes.

But enough complaining, I think a lot of the humour hits, there is a lot of work done on environments and there is obviously a lot of thought put into the story, not necessarily as far as originality goes, but on the world-building.

The visuals are fine, personally I like big boobs, so I am fine with all the LIs as far as looks go. Animations are alright as well, like I wrote I like the story and the humour, so the writing is also fine. Overall, I really like where the story goes so far and would definitely recommend going beyond the frustrating start.

Yet, I do think I have to come back to it once. Due to how the MC behaves at the start, even if you pick rational and friendly reactions, and to how the commander and the alien princess act, and how his and their behaviour changes later on, there is a dichotomy between the two parts of the game, which I honestly think might not be the best way to go about this.

And I don't mean to tell the dev how to create his game, it's more that the unlikeable MC and LIs might make many people stop playing the game before the changes really set in, which would be a shame.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022

Not even, this is literally a mix of Pacific Rim with Demoltion Man and a smidge of Captain America for good measure.

Reactions: Coaxmetal

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Not even, this is literally a mix of Pacific Rim with Demoltion Man and a smidge of Captain America for good measure.

It's a classical man out of time or place story, it reminds you of Demolition Man and CA because those both are as well.
That the guy is a soldier or scientist or sometimes even both, is one of the stables of the genre, in a post-apocalyptic or primitive fantasy setting a scientist will re/introduce technologies and in a more modern setting the soldier will know of ways to fight that are long gone or the modern residents/aliens aren't capable of.
If the writer doesn't go the John Carter route where the protagonist actually gains superpowers.

Now, I don't mean this dismissive, so don't get me wrong, it does remind me of Demolition Man as well, but in the end Demolition Man is as much a satire as it is an action or SF film. The future in Demolition Man extrapolates actual developments in our modern society and pokes fun at them by showing the extremes to which it could go, that's not something I see in the game. There's comedy here and some of it comes from the MC being a caricature at first, same with the LIs, but it's not a complete satirical look at society.
The future society is less a satire and more of a dystopia, due to the Alien Armada and the Kaju, and the flaws there seem to be more regular ones, like fallible leaders and abuse of power.
Demolition Man is also about two opposing "time travelers" which gives the story a different dynamic.
Now, of course you could go and construct the modern Earth, with their mixture of humans and alien races as an analogue for how our modern multicultural society might evolve, but I honestly don't see it here.

PeSSimao

Jan 18, 2024
I created a mod that changes the last name of the player.

Paste the file from attachment into MechAcademy/game folder
Edit the file with notepad+(preffered) but notepad should work.
Change "Your Last Name", save and play.
Works with normal version and with multi mod, will also work in future versions. sas.png

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
It's a classical man out of time or place story, it reminds you of Demolition Man and CA because those both are as well.
That the guy is a soldier or scientist or sometimes even both, is one of the stables of the genre, in a post-apocalyptic or primitive fantasy setting a scientist will re/introduce technologies and in a more modern setting the soldier will know of ways to fight that are long gone or the modern residents/aliens aren't capable of.
If the writer doesn't go the John Carter route where the protagonist actually gains superpowers.

Now, I don't mean this dismissive, so don't get me wrong, it does remind me of Demolition Man as well, but in the end Demolition Man is as much a satire as it is an action or SF film. The future in Demolition Man extrapolates actual developments in our modern society and pokes fun at them by showing the extremes to which it could go, that's not something I see in the game. There's comedy here and some of it comes from the MC being a caricature at first, same with the LIs, but it's not a complete satirical look at society.
The future society is less a satire and more of a dystopia, due to the Alien Armada and the Kaju, and the flaws there seem to be more regular ones, like fallible leaders and abuse of power.
Demolition Man is also about two opposing "time travelers" which gives the story a different dynamic.
Now, of course you could go and construct the modern Earth, with their mixture of humans and alien races as an analogue for how our modern multicultural society might evolve, but I honestly don't see it here.
Seems you need to review the meaning of the word "mix"... of course it's not a complete satirical look at society or exactly the same thing as Demolition Man, because it is a MIX of Demolition Man & other stuff.

I could've just said Captain America, because of the "out of time soldier" element (and the fact that the opening scene + the MC himself is basically a Captain America trope) but the humor in the game and some of the ideas within are very DM-ey, and it has some satirical elements in there, even if it's not a full blown satire... even the "three hole" game is clearly a reference to the "three shells" in DM.

• Haha
Reactions: botc76

BDI

May 23, 2017
There should be someone in proofreading that at least knows about cars, then they would not be calling a Mustang a Chevy and a Firebird a Mustang!

Reactions: PopPop63

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Seems you need to review the meaning of the word "mix"... of course it's not a complete satirical look at society or exactly the same thing as Demolition Man, because it is a MIX of Demolition Man & other stuff.

I could've just said Captain America, because of the "out of time soldier" element (and the fact that the opening scene + the MC himself is basically a Captain America trope) but the humor in the game and some of the ideas within are very DM-ey, and it has some satirical elements in there, even if it's not a full blown satire... even the "three hole" game is clearly a reference to the "three shells" in DM.
Lol. I try not to be offended, because of the ridiculous suggestion that I don't know what mix means. I do know what the word means, I just don't quite agree with your opinion, and I think my post made that very clear and pointed out WHY I think so.
Also, did you even read the whole post or did you stop in the middle? I'm just asking, because your reply seems to ignore the part where I agree that it also reminds me of Demolition Man and even say that the satirical elements don't go as far to make it a complete satire like Demolition Man is. Which basically means I do see the satirical elements.

Look, I don't quite agree with your opinion on this being MERELY a mix of this and that, as for me, it is more a variation on common themes in the genre, but I also don't think that we disagree so much that we need to argue about it.
Why not just agree on it being reminiscent of DM and Pacific Rim and disagree on to which extent that goes?

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Why not just agree on it being reminiscent of DM and Pacific Rim and disagree on to which extent that goes?
Well maybe you should've thought of that before you went all pedantic and started explaining a movie like I'm fuckin 10 and tellling me why I think the way I do... :rolleyes:

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
Hi, do you remember exactly what part of the game? In which scene? Thank you.
2 times are the option "my name is lieutenant" -> "sono il tenente".
The other one I tried to find again but can't. It's probably one of the scenes with the brackets and 2 women on screen.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
This game was something all right.

I feel like the narrative (or maybe the main writer) shifted after episode 1. The MC's 'character growth' feels more like his entire personality was stripped away and replaced with kind of a complete simp. Are we even ABLE to acquire renegade points in Ch4? Although, I don't think we earn many paragon either. Shame, seems like the dev realized that making twice as much work was going to be a HUGE problem and abandoned the idea of dual versions of scenes in favor of choices that are essentially flavor text on a kinetic novel.

With that unpleasantness out of the way... more unpleasantness. What's the tone here and the genre? At first I thought it was parody, Pacific Rim starring Duke Nukem, which was frankly my absolutely part of the game. I didn't even need sex scenes. The MC replying to people with wildly disproportionate insults instead of using basic decorum had me in stitches (fat chance, cow!). Then Wonder got all blown up (why is the 'core' in the fucking head of the mecha???) and a certain someone gets injured and it seems like the tone changes to be more serious. OKAAAAAAAAY. Well, I'm open to it. Now we're a sci-fi drama played mostly straight. Of course that means we actually have to have decent writing to cover this stuff and while I do appreciate the surface level attempts to give different characters their own arcs and personalities, it falls flat fast. All the girls act like teen girls, rather than adults, particularly professional soldiers. It's especially glaring with Elara.

That being said, I'm having a lot of fun with the AVN in general and Elara in particular. I just wish we could have had a dynamic where she's impressed with the MC and wants him, but at the same time is extremely frustrated by him, sort of like House and Cuddy from the show House. Or Han Solo and Leia from Star Wars. Not all healthy relationships (especially in fiction) are based on friendship. Some are based on mutual respect or just a powerful connection.

PS. I'm enjoying the pregnancy content. Pretty much every girl has so far hinted that she's just lining up to carry the MC's progeny. Good stuff.

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
PS. I'm enjoying the pregnancy content. Pretty much every girl has so far hinted that she's just lining up to carry the MC's progeny. Good stuff.
I hope you really take good care of all your kids then! I think 10 h per baby per week should be the minimum, more would be preferred!

• Haha
Reactions: lockerxx

Mookys

Dec 19, 2022
Chapter 4 is not translated into French. And for the other 3, there are sometimes untranslated sentences.

3.90 star(s) 51 Votes