Goronthil

Jul 14, 2017
I'm not being a native English speaker, and secret n°4 is pretty hard ^^'. I'm completely lost, I think I've found all the right answers but I can't validate the URL... So I guess the words I've got aren't the right ones XD Help please!

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
...Okay, I think I'm too stupid for the secrets so I'm not just gonna bother and simply use the walkthrough :p .

Wanderinger instead of input type ="text", why not use an input type="select" (which is a list of elements) for the secret walkthrough and map walkthrough pages?
Since you're adding them manually after all, it would lead to less confusion imo for the player.

edit: looking at how the secrets can be found, this feel like some arg stuff.

Wanderinger

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
...Okay, I think I'm too stupid for the secrets so I'm not just gonna bother and simply use the walkthrough :p .

Wanderinger instead of input type ="text", why not use an input type="select" (which is a list of elements) for the secret walkthrough and map walkthrough pages?
Since you're adding them manually after all, it would lead to less confusion imo for the player.

edit: looking at how the secrets can be found, this feel like some arg stuff.
Thank you for trying out the game and for the suggestion!
I haven't considered doing the navigation this way. It sounds a lot smoother for the player, you're right.
americasass.gif

Reactions: reddking

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Ok so a couple things:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It wasn't clear to me how to actually use the secret codes. I didn't think those progress buttons were clickable at all.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Wanderinger

Wanderinger

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Ok so a couple things:

It wasn't clear to me how to actually use the secret codes. I didn't think those progress buttons were clickable at all.

Thank you a lot for your thoughts!

The answer to that specific question is
, I will adjust that crossword in the next version to make it have only one clear answer for each question.

I will make sure to add a text telling the player they can click on icons to see individual progress.

As for code 6, I just made a stupid typo in the code and the button for code 6 checks the entry field from secret 5. It shouldn't be like that and will be fixed.

The codes for now are only meant to track your progress and basically tell you "you're on the right track". I do plan for them to be more useful in the future.

Again, thank you a lot for pointing all this out to me, it really means a lot!

Reactions: ARango and Troqu

ARango

Aug 15, 2018
Woah, i liked this one a lot! specially the focus on finding secrets and the pseudo ARG of changing the name of the files and etc, really good! also the captions and posters are great as well, overall i'm really interested in seeing how this one develops!

Sep 28, 2017
Thank you a lot for your thoughts!

The answer to that specific question is
, I will adjust that crossword in the next version to make it have only one clear answer for each question.

I will make sure to add a text telling the player they can click on icons to see individual progress.

As for code 6, I just made a stupid typo in the code and the button for code 6 checks the entry field from secret 5. It shouldn't be like that and will be fixed.

The codes for now are only meant to track your progress and basically tell you "you're on the right track". I do plan for them to be more useful in the future.

Again, thank you a lot for pointing all this out to me, it really means a lot!

• Hey there
Reactions: Wanderinger

Wanderinger

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Woah, i liked this one a lot! specially the focus on finding secrets and the pseudo ARG of changing the name of the files and etc, really good! also the captions and posters are great as well, overall i'm really interested in seeing how this one develops!
I should really incorporate "ARG-like" as a selling point, I just kept calling this stuff "puzzles" and "secrets" but pseudo ARG sounds like a great description.
this looks very fun. great work and good premise
I hope I'm not spamming you guys with the replies but thank you both VERY much.

Reactions: ARango

Codfoshie

Aug 24, 2018
So I have the codes:

But when I input them, nothing happens? Am I missing a step here? Spent like an hour trying to dig through all this, for nothing?

Wanderinger

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
So I have the codes:

But when I input them, nothing happens? Am I missing a step here? Spent like an hour trying to dig through all this, for nothing?
In this version, they only serve as "milestones" to let you know how far you're into the game. In the future, the amount you unlocked will be used to determine certain events or unlock other content.

As for the input itself, there are two issues in the current version: secrets require the "SECRET{}" shell to be included - that will be changed in the next version, and the "Enter" button for code 6 mistakenly reads the input from the fifth one

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes