-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I think most people mute the music all the time, if not all sound.
That definitely might be true. Personally, I will try to use sound when it's provided, but I have my limits. If 90% of the game is the same track playing in a never-ending loop, it gets really old really fast. But if a game has a lot of mood changes between scenes and the music is used properly to enhance those scenes, I'm absolutely keeping the sound on as I play. I will always mute voiced work (it's almost always garbage "acting"), and I'm not a fan of sex sounds unless they are very well synced up (seldom done well). I assume everyone's different.

Reactions: UrchinHank

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
I don't mute but I definitely turn it down low, especially when most devs let that shit go full blast. Not great when wearing headphones.
Yeah, for some reason many put it at concert volume. Don't want everyone within like a quarter of a mile wondering what that music is.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't mute but I definitely turn it down low, especially when most devs let that shit go full blast. Not great when wearing headphones.
Yeah, for some reason many put it at concert volume. Don't want everyone within like a quarter of a mile wondering what that music is.
I think most of the time that's from one of two things: lack of knowledge about anything in preferences (focused on the game plot and characters, with music as an afterthought); or lack of care (plopping the sound files in and just moving on, since sound is adjustable). Both are mistakes, IMO; the second is obviously the worse one, since it shows a lack of empathy toward players.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
I think most of the time that's from one of two things: lack of knowledge about anything in preferences (focused on the game plot and characters, with music as an afterthought); or lack of care (plopping the sound files in and just moving on, since sound is adjustable). Both are mistakes, IMO; the second is obviously the worse one, since it shows a lack of empathy toward players.
It doesn't help that the default for - Renpy at least, don't normally play others - music, voice and sound are all set to maximum.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-
3.40 star(s) 113 Votes