3.00 star(s) 6 Votes

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
Maybe because I had to go through a similar thought process, I have a "soft" spot for Gwen and Mike. Me and my wife were raised as cousins. Her half-brother is my first cousin. In fact we (me and wife) have no blood relation, but, it took us a few years to get rid of the ghost of a taboo.

I can only imagine our reactions if we suddenly were faced with something like this. To say that it would be a shock, it's the minimum.

So, they reacted badly, BOTH. Ana (that I absolutely loved) and Josh are the real victims of this. Neither deserved or did anything to warrant this role. In this, Mike, while very wrong, was marginally better, by not starting a relationship. Gwen, while I can see why Avaron points out malice, I see mostly an attempt to restart her life.

It's unreal, but, Gwen tried to put as much weight and stones over her feelings for Mike. She hasn't dealt with the shock, like Mike hasn't also. They both ran from it. Like Avaron said, a good talk would have prevented this. Where "this" is the hurting of 2 innocents. Maybe Josh will find a woman that deserves him and heal. I do hope Ana finds a way to rebuild her life.

I still don't know how Bad Mustard is going to wrap up the next 3 chapters. We know in broad terms what is going to happen, but, again, the Devil is in the details. It may even make sense, we don't know.

Right now, I am a bit hurt, a lot angry with them both and wishing, like in so MANY stories, that they had chosen to TALK before increasing the size of the fucking crater of damage.

Like I've seen said, if this was a VN, I would explore the options of Mike dropping Gwen, or Gwen dropping Mike. While not the optimal result, they were fitting Ends at this point. But, if given a choice, I would do it after a TALK.

Peace :)
Yeah. That was something that amidst the moment really passed me by. If I think about it, the mother's actions make sense on a protective way. Yet, they cause a rift, I hope unintended. By breaking the contact on that specific moment, on what seems even a logic and careful attempt to diffuse a potential discussion that could break the "family", she essentially caused the break that was the apparent intent.

This isn't just devious of you, it's downright devilish. If you tell me that this is a way for her to get even with the kids father, then it would truly mean that she saw this coming, and waited for the moment to exact the highest amount of damage. Is she doing it to Mike because of how fast he connected to Gwen? Is that sweet looking mom a mastermind devil that has orchestrated all this for a possible vengeance on being betrayed?

Yeah, one single detail can completely re-frame a story.

In truth, I don't really want to ascribe such evil intentions to her. Yes, her marriage must have been nothing but painful, but, I don't see her hurting Mike for it. But anyway, it is a detail that makes it especially complex to point fingers to any of the kids.

After finishing my playthrough I have to say: oh man, what a sad and muddled story :cry:
Reminds me a little of the old german folk ballad Es waren zwei Königkinder.........("once there where two royal children; they loved one another soooo much, but they couldn´t get together"...............)

I totally agree with these 2 statements of FatGiant

Anyway I can understand the way of how the protagonists have acting, but the damage is done and scorched earth behind themselves is left.
So I´m very curious how BadMustard will maneuver his way out of this mess he´s done.

Can´t await the next chapter.

Last edited:
Reactions: BadMustard

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
With no real deterrent to defuse this buildup, they are just step siblings right?
I´m a little late, but exactly they´re Half Siblings.
Same father, but different mothers.

So they are directly related by blood (damn, what a mess.....)

For a happy end we only can hope that it turns out his father isn´t really her father, cuz the second wife was already pregnant before they joined :D

Last edited:

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
Waiting for the next update.

We've already covered the last one, not much we can say until wew see how things go next update.
The developer is still active on Patreon, so I don't think we need the services of Miracle Max just yet. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for reply :D - I know last update isn´t long ago, I didn´t expect a continuation so soon.
I was only curious cuz in other VN threads I´m busy people are eagerly discussing their thoughts - anyway mostly nonsense - but there is a life in the community, here is grave silence..........

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Thanks for reply :D - I know last update isn´t long ago, I didn´t expect a continuation so soon.
I was only curious cuz in other VN threads I´m busy people are eagerly discussing their thoughts - anyway mostly nonsense - but there is a life in the community, here is grave silence..........
Frankly, I believe that the reason that there is not much commentary here is that this game does not appeal to a lot of people on F95: it's a kinetic novel; it is multi-protagonist; it hints at NTR. Each of those issues tends to drive a segment away.

For myself, I can't wait till the next release, and fervently hope that the developer doesn't give up on this game.

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
Frankly, I believe that the reason that there is not much commentary here is that this game does not appeal to a lot of people on F95: it's a kinetic novel; it is multi-protagonist; it hints at NTR. Each of those issues tends to drive a segment away.

For myself, I can't wait till the next release, and fervently hope that the developer doesn't give up on this game.
I know that failed or temporary disabled relationships can be a sore subject for many people. But, has someone that broke up with a woman with whom I had already many years of relationship, only to reconcile after a while and marry, I know that the redemption arcs work, both IRL and has a story. This unpleasantness of calling it NTR, if either of the 2 try to rebuild their love life AFTER a breakup, is silly and completely unreasonable.

Oh, it was better if they didn't broke up? OK. But then this story would be like a thousands of other stories where everything worked out. That no work was needed.

I don't know if any of you know about the custom in Japan to mend broken porcelain cups with gold. Making it patently obvious that they were mended, and taking pride and honor of it and making them even more precious by the mending. The same happens with love stories that didn't work out on the first try, but have enough meaning and depth to be worth trying again. I know at least one case of one that took 5 or 6 tries, along these they have been together since their early teens, and are now on their 80's.

Living happy ever after, works for fairy tales, good stories tho, take something else, something like this story.

Simply put, I have to agree with Walter Victor, it is not for everyone. But for those that can enjoy it, it is a pleasure to have it, instead of the endless succession of sameness, that while OK, are forgettable and sometimes confused with one another.

If it wasn't obvious, I am a BIG fan of this story.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I know that failed or temporary disabled relationships can be a sore subject for many people. But, has someone that broke up with a woman with whom I had already many years of relationship, only to reconcile after a while and marry, I know that the redemption arcs work, both IRL and has a story. This unpleasantness of calling it NTR, if either of the 2 try to rebuild their love life AFTER a breakup, is silly and completely unreasonable.

Oh, it was better if they didn't broke up? OK. But then this story would be like a thousands of other stories where everything worked out. That no work was needed
Or there is, perhaps, an excluded middle that people keep overlooking. For example, after the breakup, both people could have tried to have other relationships, and just not progressed up to sex. The reason the three-letter-word gets thrown around is the tradition in H games (and particularly in romance-themed games among a few other categories) where once an LI has sex with the MC, regardless of relationship status, her having sex with other men afterwards feels like a betrayal.

The whole issue here is that the players are not experiencing the story in the same timescale that the characters are experiencing, so both the relationship and the breakup are very fresh for the player when the love interest goes and starts fucking another guy. For the player, it's only been a few minutes to an hour no matter how much time passes in the game. That's one of the reasons why it feels like a betrayal for a lot of players even if the MC doesn't see it that way.

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
I don't know if any of you know about the custom in Japan to mend broken porcelain cups with gold. Making it patently obvious that they were mended, and taking pride and honor of it and making them even more precious by the mending. The same happens with love stories that didn't work out on the first try, but have enough meaning and depth to be worth trying again. I know at least one case of one that took 5 or 6 tries, along these they have been together since their early teens, and are now on their 80's.
when I lived in Japan, my neighbor's most prized possession was a blue and white porcelain cup that had been repaired this way while the cup itself was quite average, it was very beautiful with the gold spider web of repairs in it

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
I'm active on Patreon, SubscribeStar, and my other VN thread almost dead since I'm currently working on its next chapter for release (next year), after that I will start on the next chapter for 2Sides.
Haha - so I triggered an avalanche with my posting?

Anyway I feel honored by the masters voice himself :love:
Good news for me this VN will be continued, but bad news only after almost dead.
For my personal taste 2sides is positioned far high above almost dead, last one I only played to bridge the break until 2Sides is going on.
You managed here with this VN a peace of cake, I really enjoyed to experience this (til now) unlucky love story and very very curious how they both will going on.

Reactions: BadMustard

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
I know that failed or temporary disabled relationships can be a sore subject for many people. But, has someone that broke up with a woman with whom I had already many years of relationship, only to reconcile after a while and marry, I know that the redemption arcs work, both IRL and has a story.
Exactly this is what made me fascinated of this story and I wonder, why people shouldn´t appreciate it.
I guess they´re rather more on sprawling harem with excessive sex scenes (like in almost dead) than on a romantic and heart touching story.

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Haha - so I triggered an avalanche with my posting?

Anyway I feel honored by the masters voice himself :love:
Good news for me this VN will be continued, but bad news only after almost dead.
For my personal taste 2sides is positioned far high above almost dead, last one I only played to bridge the break until 2Sides is going on.
You managed here with this VN a peace of cake, I really enjoyed to experience this (til now) unlucky love story and very very curious how they both will going on.
the VN is completely written, it only needs the images to be rendered

it may take 12-13 ish weeks to render all the images for the next chapter, but I will post weekly updates here as I usually do (when I'm working on this VN)

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
With the release of Almost Dead and all the holidazes I have had, I will begin working on the next chapter tomorrow.
I believe we left them in the kitchen after a year and a half separation. Can wait to see where this goes...:rolleyes:

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
With the release of Almost Dead and all the holidazes I have had, I will begin working on the next chapter tomorrow.
I believe we left them in the kitchen after a year and a half separation. Can wait to see where this goes...:rolleyes:
Still waiting hard............:p

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Chapter 4 WIP (Begin)

And I'm back working on the VN now. I didn't really take a break with the holidazes and the vacation time I took then, but I have already started rendering images and have 18 completed so far. I hope to go through everything now and get a total, so by next week I will know how many images there are in total for his side.

While our two main characters do spend some time together, it is not a lot in this chapter, so I think it may take about the same amount of time to make all the images for this chapter as it did the last 12 - 13 weeks.

stay safe out there

Tasera

Jul 24, 2019
The latest chapter is kind of a joke on her side tbh. You barely see her thinking about him at all and it's like she forgets he exists entirely. Even he was reticent during the whole time they were separated but it's like outside of the first few months he didn't matter at all. This is bullshit writing to me. Not to mention after the assault episode it was definitely a point where she should have thought of him or broke down thinking about how much she needed him there. But nah, simp Josh just pops up with random actions and gets the girl for no reason when it doesn't even look like she likes him that way. Even the "sex" she has with him doesn't seem pleasurable Come on, even a teenage girl wouldn't believe in such a turn of events.

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes