3.00 star(s) 6 Votes

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Chapter 4 WIP (update #13) 2Sides

14 images are needed to complete her side. It should still be ready for release next week.

I was pushing myself a little harder this week to get some extra renders finished, and it paid off, but I did take it a little easier this weekend, so...

I will be doing a SubscribeStar release by tiers next week. Once the editors have reviewed my engrish, I will do another build for a public release after that.

stay safe out there.

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
her-04-226

The final image for her side

I will be checking all the images now and cleaning up the script (and making sure it works) this weekend.

I will be rolling out the alpha build by tier on SubscribeStar starting on Monday and the public build this weekend.

sides-her-04-226.jpg

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Chapter 4 WIP (update #14) 2Sides

All the images are complete.
I have sent the text to the editors for checking and editing.
The SubscribeStars are now testing, rolling it out by tiers there.
I will have a public release party next Monday.
Then I will be on a break for about a week before I get back to Almost Dead.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
her-04-226

The final image for her side

I will be checking all the images now and cleaning up the script (and making sure it works) this weekend.

I will be rolling out the alpha build by tier on SubscribeStar starting on Monday and the public build this weekend.

View attachment 3532873
BadMustard you´re really a baaaad one, you know?

Such a dirty trick......after reading His Side at the end I was shocked same as MC, my day was ruined completely :cry:
But after reading Her Side hope was back again and the sun seemed brighter as before :love:

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Every story has 2 Sides :sneaky:
OMG how dare you to stop at that point :love:
Can't wait for the next Chapter and what you have in store for us.

Just like turbojoe said you gave us a rollercoaster in this one. Both sides struggeling but at least Gwen gave us hope.

Not sure if you mentioned it before but how many chapters did you have planned?

Reactions: turbojoe

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
OMG how dare you to stop at that point :love:
Can't wait for the next Chapter and what you have in store for us.

Just like turbojoe said you gave us a rollercoaster in this one. Both sides struggeling but at least Gwen gave us hope.

Not sure if you mentioned it before but how many chapters did you have planned?
{innocence} "It had to stop somewhere." {/innocence}

there are only 6 chapters to this story

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
Please make the menu animation a bit less. It's a nice animation, but if you press esc, then you get the menu animation, if you click on preferences now for example, you get that animation again, that's 1 time too much...

If you are busy changing fontoutline/opacity, you get to see that animation 10 times.

Having said that, I could make the tekst really good readable,

Maybe black text no outline on a black background isn't the perfect option (hint: add other colors, white for example)

duckydoodoo

Nov 9, 2023
well first scene into the update from april and already dissapointed. why would the male mc feel guilty for going to spain? he was dumped and pushed away, he told female mc he would be there the moment she called. She never called, ever. So what was he supposed to do, sit and wallow in his own misery stalking her? bad writing, cause this aint 2 sides, its 1 opinion on a relationship shown from 2 cameras. its obvious dev decided the male mc was at fault in this scenario even though he was the only one being supportive throughout all the acts. Id be fine if he was just taking the blame to repair the sibling-ish relationship, but he actually feels like he abandoned her? this is the nonsense i was talking about months ago. When someone says, go away i need to be alone, they dont get to blame you for leaving and it is most certainly not abandonment to move on with your life when the people you love refuse to see you or take your call. smdh

Reactions: CoffeeDrinker

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
well first scene into the update from april and already dissapointed. why would the male mc feel guilty for going to spain? he was dumped and pushed away, he told female mc he would be there the moment she called. She never called, ever. So what was he supposed to do, sit and wallow in his own misery stalking her? bad writing, cause this aint 2 sides, its 1 opinion on a relationship shown from 2 cameras. its obvious dev decided the male mc was at fault in this scenario even though he was the only one being supportive throughout all the acts. Id be fine if he was just taking the blame to repair the sibling-ish relationship, but he actually feels like he abandoned her? this is the nonsense i was talking about months ago. When someone says, go away i need to be alone, they dont get to blame you for leaving and it is most certainly not abandonment to move on with your life when the people you love refuse to see you or take your call. smdh
No.

I can understand that you may try to justify it that way, but he did make a promise to be there. And then didn't.

Did he had a reason to go? Yes. Doesn't change the fact that he broke a promise.

She was hurting, mourning even. So was he. When she started to be able to function, she discovers he had given up. On her. On them. On a promise made.

She truly has complete legitimacy to be angry at him. She felt both abandoned and betrayed by the only man she loved all her life. Yes, he was hurting also. Mourning, also. But she didn't leave did she? He did. He ran away. He broke his promise, a promise that no one asked of him, but that he offered.

He knows he was wrong to go, that's why he feels guilty, as he very much should. He didn't put any limit on how long he would wait, did he? Just that he would be there. Next thing she knows about him, he had gone to Spain. There was no point to call him then, was there?

So, No. He was wrong in going. She was right in being angry about it.

The abandonment isn't the moving on, is the NOT BEING THERE when he promised he'd be. He could have remade his life staying. After all, she managed to do it. He could also. Oh, but she only did remade her life AFTER he broke his promise.

The male MC is at fault. He broke a promise. Apparently that doesn't mean that much to you, but it is what he's guilty of doing.

If you reply, please use paragraphs, it would help considerably in the readability of your arguments. Thanks you.

Peace :)

Reactions: BadMustard

duckydoodoo

Nov 9, 2023
I dont need to argue nor prove my point. Near the end of her pov, his sister realizes that he wasnt at fault and never actually abandoned her, thats canon now. his guilt is misplaced. more importantly, none of that changes the fact that their mother dropped the truth bomb, but the sister is the one who imploded their relationship, lover friend and brother. All he did was try and all he got was blame. The only reason he could possibly feel guilty is because he was stupid and young.

as for readability, well i would do things like use proper punctuation and maybe capital letters when appropriate, yet that requires an effort of caring i sorely lack in a forum.

In conclusion, if I feel like writing an essay and submitting it for competition. Well shit, I will bang my head against a wall til that notion falls right out. after all, this is a post on a pirate forum thread, not dialogue for a VN. No one is paying me to be punctual gammatic, nor coherent.

In the middle east!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
as for readability, well i would do things like use proper punctuation and maybe capital letters when appropriate, yet that requires an effort of caring i sorely lack in a forum.

In conclusion, if I feel like writing an essay and submitting it for competition. Well shit, I will bang my head against a wall til that notion falls right out. after all, this is a post on a pirate forum thread, not dialogue for a VN. No one is paying me to be punctual gammatic, nor coherent.
For whose benefit do you write your essays? If you want your thoughts read and understood, readability is essential. Unless, of course, you just want to get things off your chest, and don't care if anyone reads or understands what you write.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I dont need to argue nor prove my point. Near the end of her pov, his sister realizes that he wasnt at fault and never actually abandoned her, thats canon now. his guilt is misplaced. more importantly, none of that changes the fact that their mother dropped the truth bomb, but the sister is the one who imploded their relationship, lover friend and brother. All he did was try and all he got was blame. The only reason he could possibly feel guilty is because he was stupid and young.

In the middle east!
First, thank you.

Second, you were claiming that the Dev had decided to make him guilty. I merely explained why and of what he was truly guilty of. No mention of him being pardoned, or his intentions understood, was made by me.

His guilt, again, is not misplaced. He DID break a promise. No one asked him to make it, he offered it in good faith, because the woman he loved was in pain. And then, when his own pain had become too much for him to bear, he acted in self-preservation and ran, breaking his promise.

This is also canon. Not a matter of opinion even.

What imploded their relationship was the Truth Bomb. That and the mother intervention at the wrong time, forcing them to be separated on the moment they most needed to be together. Neither is at fault. Neither is innocent either. They both entered the relationship, without key knowledge, but, no one was forced. How she reacted to the knowledge of a massive boulder being placed over her incipient dreams and feelings does not make her guilty of anything. Again, neither is he guilty of being in pain.

Yes, he did try. He wanted to help. He wanted to be there. Until he didn't. Until he decided enough is enough, I'm going far away from all this to gain perspective. That's when he broke his promise, and that is what he is blamed for and guilty of.

Stop placing forgiveness into what was clearly a selfish action. Was he wrong in protecting himself? No. He was NOT. It was needed? Yes it was. Did he broke a promise by doing it? Yeah, he did. Is he being blamed for anything else? No, just for making a promise and breaking it.

Being stupid and young, is not a defect, it is a consequence of living. We don't learn until we do learn. If that constituted guilty, we have all been there. No, that is not what he is guilty of.

I don't know what is your idea of a Forum is, but, to me, it is a place to exchange opinions, ideas, thoughts and facts. While the type of Forum may change, this concept is better in every possible way if it is readable and understandable.

This is not without it's disadvantages, but, it also has the possibility of writing slowly, editing and taking time to construct and reply.

What is the subject matter, what is the Forum for, and whether you are being payed or not, are NOT part of the concept. You either write to be understood, or you don't. No one is forcing you. I merely extended a request, and you graciously accepted it, so, thank you.

Peace :)

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes