pipboy

Sep 19, 2017
By the way, I have finished translating all the assets and text after decompiling the unity build but when I try to put everything together in Unity, the game just doesn't work. Is there anyone who has Unity knowledge that can help me? What I made is a completely unofficial translation, but would significantly improve the gameplay. And I have 0 experience or knowledge about Unity.

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
By the way, I have finished translating all the assets and text after decompiling the unity build but when I try to put everything together in Unity, the game just doesn't work. Is there anyone who has Unity knowledge that can help me? What I made is a completely unofficial translation, but would significantly improve the gameplay. And I have 0 experience or knowledge about Unity.
What tools are you using and what exactly did you try to modify?

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
I used AssetRipper to decompile the game and changed images, scripts etc. to translate. Later I used Unity itself to recompile but failed. I mean it compiles but it's just not functional.
I have been decompiling an old unity game and I have found the best way to modify the asset files is to use AssetBundleExtractor. If working with TextAssets then use the Plugins > Export to .txt and then after modifying, Use Import to .txt

ABE kinda sucks for actually finding assets though, for that i recommend AssetStudio

If this game uses Unity Mono then use dnSpy to edit the game assemblies.
While AssetRipper can be a great tool, It's really not ideal to use it for compiling a modded game since it will usually not work out of the box.

Reactions: pipboy

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
The alternative to using dnSpy here, Would be using a mod loader like bepinex but I don't know much about them so I can't provide much information there.

Reactions: pipboy
2.80 star(s) 5 Votes