3D-LOAD.NET ... Down??

Esens424

Jun 4, 2017
Uh oh.. Unless its just me looks like 3D-Load.net is having issues -- just tried to see what was new and got a blank page with "coming soon" and nothing else... Assets were soooo nice to search and look up on that site!

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Looks removed entirely to me, i'm getting
"Errore nello stabilire una connessione al database"
which looks like the end of the road to me, i'd love to be wrong on that though.

Edit: It's now showing a wordpress site, sounds like a deliberate buy up of the URL to me, i'd be highly surprised if it isn't dead now.

If the site pops up elsewhere as it has had to do before don't keep t to yourself

Last edited:

Esens424

Jun 4, 2017
Just checked it again -- now its a mountain scene with "our website is coming soon, thank you for your patience..." so either it died --- and is being rebuilt .. maybe as it was...with an overhaul.. ? I even used some internal links I had before and didnt get the 404 sooooo

Galin

May 5, 2017
I think they are working on it...
once I read something with "maintenance" i saw the mountains, now its a database error...

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Sounds like they are having trouble to me, hit turns well, if not it's the zonegfx for us all.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Well I was on yesterday and they seemed to be having problems with the placement of the links. Instead of being in a nice neat line they were kind of all over the place. Maybe this is just them trying to fix it or is part of a bigger site re-model.

Reactions: Esens424

Esens424

Jun 4, 2017
Well I was on yesterday and they seemed to be having problems with the placement of the links. Instead of being in a nice neat line they were kind of all over the place. Maybe this is just them trying to fix it or is part of a bigger site re-model.
You may be right.. and I hope so... from another thread mickydoo still got in through a bookmark and can get through "related" items links...

I actually did that and went to the top and pulled the category and it took me to the entire list of environments... havent been able to find my way into anything else yet....

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Don't worry guys, it's my fault, I messed up the server... :cry: i'm trying to fix it... unfortunately, i'm not an expert, that's why i'm a bit slow :confused:
If really you are the guy/girl (hey, why not ?) behind 3d-load, then contact a member of the staff here. I'm sure that if you ask politely he will help you or, if he's not part of the admin, redirect you to someone willing to help you.
This said, at the time it was my job, too long ago to be still a real help, in case of full failure, I generally opted for a "backup the data, then restart everything from the start over a clean empty server" solution. Like the site is already done, it will change nothing for the users, while being easier for you than searching what goes wrong.

Reactions: TheDevian

lollo922

May 23, 2019
Sounds like they are having trouble to me, hit turns well, if not it's the zonegfx for us all.
Shame that Zonegfx is completely cutted off for any newcomers. Since if you want to be a part of it you need to gift them a 5$ Daz card (at minimum) or else you won't be joining anytime soon. So thanks, but no thanks.

Esens424

Jun 4, 2017
Don't worry guys, it's my fault, I messed up the server... :cry: i'm trying to fix it... unfortunately, i'm not an expert, that's why i'm a bit slow :confused:
No complaints from me - things happen and the site has been a huge benefit to me -- I have no skills in this aspect or I would also offer to help seeing the benefit I do get.. But glad to hear it's just technical difficulties vs. something else...

Anon951

Jul 26, 2019
I can setup a server smootly (install PHP, Apache, nginx etc...) I have only one problem... the performance of the server (CPU, RAM) cpu always hit 100%, i don't know why...

twix

Jan 12, 2018
hm maybe it's the SQL Server? If you have multiple backups of the database, you could even try an older one and see how it works. :)

D

Deleted member 1326591

Shame that Zonegfx is completely cutted off for any newcomers. Since if you want to be a part of it you need to gift them a 5$ Daz card (at minimum) or else you won't be joining anytime soon. So thanks, but no thanks.
You only need an account to download from zonegfx, and points. You get 100 points every day after you log in and if you don't have enough points then you need to pay. No mentions of Daz cards.

Reactions: Volta

Anon951

Jul 26, 2019
hm maybe it's the SQL Server? If you have multiple backups of the database, you could even try an older one and see how it works. :)
I have only 1 backup, but i don't think is a database problem, I remember that I installed one PHP extension called "memcached", and it worked very well, but I can't get it work anymore... :(

lollo922

May 23, 2019
You only need an account to download from zonegfx, and points. You get 100 points every day after you log in and if you don't have enough points then you need to pay. No mentions of Daz cards.
To get an account here you need to follow 4 step.

2. Request for invitation code.

**Free Registration is temporary off, If you want
to get the invitation code you need to send us a daz3d giftcard of 5$ minimum or more.

Or check back later we will open free registration soon.
I mean.. I don't come up with things all of a sudden :rolleyes:
But apparently it's not recent this thing. It's been already for some years like this.

PixelRepublic

I ■ Pixels
Donor
Jun 4, 2017
I can setup a server smootly (install PHP, Apache, nginx etc...) I have only one problem... the performance of the server (CPU, RAM) cpu always hit 100%, i don't know why...
If it's Wordpress, it does require more resources than a regular site. While it can be a hog sometimes, I have based my career on it, and it can be beaten into submission. Putting in place a good cache framework (WP Rocket, WP Super Cache, WP Total Cache) and optimizing the code you're using, can have huge benefits.

However, if you're working with a 3rd party theme. They're designed for a whole bunch of purposes, not just yours. So you'll have a lot of bulk there, that you just don't need. Consider hiring or taking on a developer that can produce something lightweight that is catered to your needs.

EDIT: In saying all that, your available resources are something to look at. Depending on your traffic levels, you may just need to increase it. Wordpress does require a lot of process power and I generally run WP sites with at least 4GB of ram for standard sites. Also, your choice of host can play a factor in it. I, of course, no nothing about your host, however, some offer lower prices because it's lower quality. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1326591

I mean.. I don't come up with things all of a sudden :rolleyes:
But apparently it's not recent this thing. It's been already for some years like this.
Aha alright then, I didn't notice, it was free back then when I made an account there. It was more than a year ago though.

Reactions: lollo922