3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
Hi!
Help please.
Since a few days ago, when opening a scene from Daz3d, this error message always appears
error.png
Please, where can I find the "log file for more details"?
Anyway, something doesn´t runs correctly. After click on "open scene", it takes about 5 minutes on starting to think.... then appears the error message, and after another few minutes more the scene gets charged.

I have installed versions 4.10 and 4.11 beta (I work with the last one). I tryed to reinstall 4.11 version, but I cant find the installer (I logged in Daz3d site and it has flew away). I work with mac, but the structure folders is the same as in PC.

Thanks in advance!

FastNights

Jul 11, 2018
Hi! I am a newbie Daz3D developer.Render take so long when ı want to rendering.This pic is 720p.Although i used scene optimizer ,this render took 45 minutes.Is it normal?
sad.png

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
hi @egelicix
For I have read here and there, it is not a bad time.

For me, a 1440x1080 px render with 4 genesis 3 figures + environment + 3 or 4 lights + dome in Iray, 1500 samples, takes from 5 to 24 hours. And about 10 minutes in begin to render!!!

Mac pro from 2010,
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
You both might want to look for something to port Daz Renders into Blender, esp you dick. iRay is Nvidia only.

That said, anyone know a reliable way to port poses from G1 to G8?

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Hi! I am a newbie Daz3D developer.Render take so long when ı want to rendering.This pic is 720p.Although i used scene optimizer ,this render took 45 minutes.Is it normal?
View attachment 228045
With your 1050ti this should be normal. I guess most game authors render a fixed set of backgrounds first, then use layers to just render the figures for each scene with the same lighting conditions.

If something is obviously missing in the combined image (shadows/reflections) you can also use the Spot Render feature to fix that quickly.

Reactions: FastNights

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
@Daishi , I look for it just now! Thanks a lot!!!!!!!
It is easy comme bonjour. Look at this thread fro a free and literally marvelous It is free and the last version I remember was 1.3.1; it even "translates" the Daz shaders to Blender cycles shaders but you still have to know at least the basics to get good renders.
And yes - the Iray render sux grossly.

@dick bullcock Oh It is very long.I am using 1050ti:confused:
So what do you think about this picture quality?
Is it enough for a game?
To get the best results you need a little bit of glossiness to the girl skin. There are a lot of preset shader sets for this.
Vanessa_May_topless_render_51.png

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok. I am trying to use the Juicy Wet Cameltoe mod, but it will only apply to the Daz 3D genitalia. I have the Victoria 8 Pro bundle installed, and can find the V8 Genitalia map, but cannot find the actual genitals anywhere. Where are the V8 genitals so I can apply them? Thanks in advance.

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
For some reason i'm not being able to convert G3 poses to G8 anymore, it gets stuck forever.

Can anybody help me?
I just use the Corrector Scripts per custom menu entry, works everytime with 3<>8 male and female.

Ok. I am trying to use the Juicy Wet Cameltoe mod, but it will only apply to the Daz 3D genitalia. I have the Victoria 8 Pro bundle installed, and can find the V8 Genitalia map, but cannot find the actual genitals anywhere. Where are the V8 genitals so I can apply them? Thanks in advance.
Juicy Cameltoe is only for the DAZ Genitalia, it doesn't work with NGV8, Golden Palace etc.

The DAZ genitals from Victoria 8 are the correct ones (Genesis 8 Female -> Anatomy)

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Gorbalion

Jun 11, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a bizarre problem and Jerricho13 was kind enough to point me here. I've searched this problem, but either it's unique to me or i'm not explaining it well enough for google/F95 search. So here goes;

My Daz3D won't show/load any of the 140 morph shape sliders for Futalicious V3.
Asset thread here:

The only two shape sliders related that will appear are the butt "FTL_Glute_Widen" for the Genesis 8 female figure. The Pose sliders will also appear, it's only the shape sliders specific to Futalicious that will not appear.

I've looked everywhere in the interface, nothing. I checked the installer folders and the .DSF files are in the right place. They just won't appear in DAZ when I select the Futalicious model. I've made sure I'm in the "All" section too, rather than "currently used" - Which i know is a common mistake.

As far as I know, all my other Meipe assets are working 100%. It's only these shape sliders... I really hope this is a dumb mistake, could anyone help me out? Thanks.

- UPDATE -
I "Fixed" the problem! It was dumb mistake thankfully. All of the shape sliders I was missing are hidden in the parameters section, rather than the shaping section. I'll keep this post up in case someone else has difficulty figuring this out.

Thanks.

Reactions: Shepard186282

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I just use the Corrector Scripts per custom menu entry, works everytime with 3<>8 male and female.

Juicy Cameltoe is only for the DAZ Genitalia, it doesn't work with NGV8, Golden Palace etc.

The DAZ genitals from Victoria 8 are the correct ones (Genesis 8 Female -> Anatomy)
I am well aware that Juicy Cameltoe only works with Victoria 8, thus the phrasing of my question. When I go to Genesis 8 Female > Anatomy > Victoria 8, the only thing there is eyelashes. Is it possible I didn't install something right? Which package would the genitals have been in?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I am well aware that Juicy Cameltoe only works with Victoria 8, thus the phrasing of my question. When I go to Genesis 8 Female > Anatomy > Victoria 8, the only thing there is eyelashes. Is it possible I didn't install something right? Which package would the genitals have been in?
Ok, never mind that last question. I re-downloaded the Victoria 8 Pro Bundle and found the Genitalia which was a separate image file that I somehow missed the last time. I installed it and now the genitals are showing. Thanks for your patient and kind help.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
It is not there. 90% of the artists install their stuff in folders under their names (I already wrote this several times when different people asked where is their installed content). So you should look for the artist name.
But the real question is - why you need to search under Genesis 8 Female > Anatomy > Victoria 8 etc? You don't need clothes or hair or such, you need morphs. So click on your G8/G3 figure, apply the standard genitalia from Anatomy folder, then click on Genesis 8 Female Genitalia (it is actually a separate object for Daz) go to Parameters tab and find the folder with the artists name. If you don't know the artist name then simply type in the search bar "cameltoe" (w/o the "" of course) and the folder with the artists name will be highlighted. You actually will see few morphs too but not all the morphs have the word "Cameltoe" in their name so click on the highlighted artists folder to see all the morphs.
This works with G3 too but the number of the morphs should be less.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
It is not there. 90% of the artists install their stuff in folders under their names (I already wrote this several times when different people asked where is their installed content). So you should look for the artist name.
But the real question is - why you need to search under Genesis 8 Female > Anatomy > Victoria 8 etc? You don't need clothes or hair or such, you need morphs. So click on your G8/G3 figure, apply the standard genitalia from Anatomy folder, then click on Genesis 8 Female Genitalia (it is actually a separate object for Daz) go to Parameters tab and find the folder with the artists name. If you don't know the artist name then simply type in the search bar "cameltoe" (w/o the "" of course) and the folder with the artists name will be highlighted. You actually will see few morphs too but not all the morphs have the word "Cameltoe" in their name so click on the highlighted artists folder to see all the morphs.
This works with G3 too but the number of the morphs should be less.
Yet confirming once again that there are at least 16 ways to skin a cat. Thanks for the additional approach. I'm just two months in on Daz 3D and still very much learning.

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Just to prevent further misinformation...

The "DAZ gens" (officially Genesis 3/8 Male/Female Anatomical Elements) work with any respective Genesis Figures.
Rule of thumb = as long as they have two legs and a torso texture to copy over.
And they have nothing to do with the Victoria models. It's just that the Cameltoe author wrongly listed Victoria 8 as requirement, because it ships with the DAZ gens. However the DAZ gens are included in any Pro Bundle that looks older than 15, and probably can also be bought standalone.

Also the DAZ gens are exactly under Genesis 3/8 Female -> Anatomy, and one click further in is the Eroticalist folder (which I believe seamanq also found before asking here).
The respective morphs are a whole different story.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
So you're saying the Daz 3D gens won't work with horses then? (sorry, being cheeky here).

Thanks for clarifying that Vicky 8 is not required -- that is a very expensive asset, and it would seem to be highway robbery just for a simple genital element.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote