3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Yet confirming once again that there are at least 16 ways to skin a cat. Thanks for the additional approach. I'm just two months in on Daz 3D and still very much learning.
Unfortunately Daz Studio (the software) is not made by people which are 3D artists too, but by pure programmers, or lets say in this way - they know the theoretics of 3D design but never actually did the stuff themselves. Therefore the program lacks most basic features, many useful tricks are "carefully hidden", and many important features are grossly messed. What only until you understand how the color-picking is implemented:-(

So you're saying the Daz 3D gens won't work with horses then? (sorry, being cheeky here).

Thanks for clarifying that Vicky 8 is not required -- that is a very expensive asset, and it would seem to be highway robbery just for a simple genital element.
Actually it is cheaper to buy the renderotica stuff then the PRO bundle if only to get the genital elements.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Actually it is cheaper to buy the renderotica stuff then the PRO bundle if only to get the genital elements.
The point of my question was how to get the Juicy Cameltoe mod to work. It only works with the Daz 3D genitals -- thus if you bought them from Renderotica (or anywhere else, for that matter) they would not work. I already had the Golden Palace gens, but to use the Cameltoe morph, it's Daz 3D assets or bust.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
So you're saying the Daz 3D gens won't work with horses then? (sorry, being cheeky here).
I wonder if this sounds dirty or kinky:)

The point of my question was how to get the Juicy Cameltoe mod to work. It only works with the Daz 3D genitals -- thus if you bought them from Renderotica (or anywhere else, for that matter) they would not work. I already had the Golden Palace gens, but to use the Cameltoe morph, it's Daz 3D assets or bust.
The Renderotica stuff has many morphs; probably it will be not a problem to achieve the same results with morphs.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Juicy Cameltoe is the only one I have found so far that creates a cameltoe effect. Mind you, my experience is very limited. I welcome any of the many experienced Daz 3D artists here to prove me wrong, though. Sorry about the horses comment. I normally steer clear of bestiality, but I just recently got exposed to it in a new game, and it reminded me of the different "alternatives" that some game designers include in their games. Not quite my cuppa tea though.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Asked this before which wasn't really the right place for that, so I'm just gonna quote myself because I'm still curious:
I noticed something weird a while ago when rendering. I was working on a new render with a lot of stuff going and while rendering different test scenes I noticed that sometimes memory consumption went up to 50gb (texture + geometry) which is obviously way too much for my card/s but it still rendered on gpu till the end. On the other hand, sometimes I have a memory consumption of just 5gb (I have 14) and DAZ wont render on the gpu and jumps to cpu...
Does anybody know why this happens?

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Juicy Cameltoe is the only one I have found so far that creates a cameltoe effect.
There is a monokini panty called "Juicy Cameltoe" or similar (anyway search for Cameltoe clothing) to see how the cameltoe morph works. Basically to be able to achieve a cameltoe effect you need the cloth of the panty to get pressed tight to the pussy outer lips. But Daz clothing by default stays at some distance from the body or there always will be poke-through defects. I am very interested if you can achieve the effect so please post your renders when you make it.

Edit: The panty are called "Camel Toe String For Genesis 8 Females"

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I don't have that asset, but I think I may have an idea of how to achieve the effect you are suggesting. I will post here if my theory is correct.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
I don't have that asset, but I think I may have an idea of how to achieve the effect you are suggesting. I will post here if my theory is correct.
I'm curious if your theory will also work with effectively showing nipples poking thru thin shirts? It seems I am spending half my time trying to avoid nipples accidentally poking thru (and showing) thru clothes (yes, temp. removing them seems easiest), and the other half trying to make them *show* thru clothes (i.e. deforming the cloth to show how...uh cold it is outside, as opposed to the actual nipple poking thru)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I'm curious if your theory will also work with effectively showing nipples poking thru thin shirts? It seems I am spending half my time trying to avoid nipples accidentally poking thru (and showing) thru clothes (yes, temp. removing them seems easiest), and the other half trying to make them *show* thru clothes (i.e. deforming the cloth to show how...uh cold it is outside, as opposed to the actual nipple poking thru)
If you use morphs for the nipples, there should always apear a "hidden" morph of the same type in fitted clothing you can use to get the wanted effect:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I am thinking using dForce simulations, but I have to play with it to see if I can get it to work.

cvedant95

Natural Born Pervert
Donor
Jun 19, 2018
Hey guys!
Sorry for stupid question but I'm new to this.
I just downloaded file.
I did exactly as said in readme file and extracted the files in proper location.
But It's not showing up in DAZ Studio 4.10
Can someone help me please.

• Hey there
Reactions: rKnight

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Ha! Donwloaded it too, but not installed yet^^
Try right click on the smart content (or the content library tab) and choose "DB Content Maintenance" (or something like that) and then reimport metadata, then a few times okay and then wait until it's finished ;)

cvedant95

Natural Born Pervert
Donor
Jun 19, 2018
Ha! Donwloaded it too, but not installed yet^^
Try right click on the smart content (or the content library tab) and choose "DB Content Maintenance" (or something like that) and then reimport metadata, then a few times okay and then wait until it's finished ;)
Tried with no luck but Thanks anyways.
If you somehow figure it out please let me know.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It's in the content library under DAZ Studio Format->My Library->People->Genesis 8 People->Characters->Sangriart->Emmeline
Looks like the artist didn't include the categories...

Reactions: cvedant95

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Hey guys!
Sorry for stupid question but I'm new to this.
I just downloaded file.
I did exactly as said in readme file and extracted the files in proper location.
But It's not showing up in DAZ Studio 4.10
Can someone help me please.
Look into Content Library tab for People -> Genesis 8 Female -> Characters -> Sangriart - it should be inside this folder.

Reactions: cvedant95

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Downloaded DAZ Dragon 3 yesterday, which is pretty awesome.

First problem is that none of the textures (including the Hellborn Dragon) work with Iray, most obviously they are missing their eyes. So these are all useless.

Next problem with :

4534.png

The missing files seem to be from the V6/M6 IG Iray Essentials, which i can't find anywhere.

4535.png

Top - original Dragon 3
Bottom - Iray Essentials

The shining white teeth are probably the main issue.

So, anyone having any ideas?
Are Dragon 3 / Hellborn Dragon just outdated products not worth using anymore with Iray?

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Not sure if you are asking exactly this, but the G2 essentials are free and come with the DS install. If you don't have them for some reason just reinstall them from your Daz account.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote