3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

MℯlonLord

Oct 23, 2022
Select your WetFX shell > Parameters pane > Scroll until you find your Vagina/Anus (don't know the names for the NGV9 yet.) > Turn them off.
They won't likely be wet anymore (though, last I checked New Gens had it's own moist effect), but the while will be gone. Or should be.
Thanks solved it, golden palace seems to have a shell fix for this scenario and it worked

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
Hello.
I was recently wondered if there is a good and simple software (offline my preference) that lets you simply view a multitude of formats 3D models you have, i searched google but there is a 3D Viewer only for Win10 or Win11, but i like my Win7 the best.
So i have downloaded from a site the 3D Viewer, but it is in format appx, and i don't have a converter to .exe if it even possible.
So anybody knows anything? :)

Edit: OK, someone pointed out MadView3D, interesting software, can load even .blend files, strange how my browser didn't pick it up when i was searching, in any case if anyone knows more 3D Model viewers i am still interested.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Hello. I'm having nightmares trying to render this scene.

it_wont_render.jpg

No matter how much I try. The render will usually stop just within the first two minutes of cooking. I've tried disabling the caustic sampler, which seems to help, but only to give me a couple or three more minutes of render time before it fails again. I've also tried to get her nude, to see if it could be the bikini that is provoking the failure, but it is not. I guess I might get rid of the wet geo shell and use one of the too many dry hairs available, but then I would turn this render pointless, since it was all about rendering a soaking wet figure.

Do you get anything by looking at the latest error log that I'm attaching? I've tried looking up some of the warnings and errors contained on it on the official Daz3D forums, but I haven't found anything that helps me. I've even updated my RTX 3090 drivers, but to no avail. :(

EDIT: BTW, in case you wonder, I also tried rendering at 4K rather than at 8K. It made zero difference, sadly.

Last edited:

sfabfzngdgnz

Dec 13, 2020
Hi All, turbo n00b here in the 3d modelling required for RenPy games.
I am wondering what software is most suitable for creating animations, and where to get started.
Can anyone please comment on the process of creating animations for games like 'Being a DIK' or 'City of Broken Dreamers'?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hello. I'm having nightmares trying to render this scene.
Unfortunately, the log is pretty vague with this kind of stuff. What happens when the render fails? What version of Daz are you on?

First thing I'd check would be to see if other scenes render normally. Just throw together a quick scene in a room with a different model and see if it renders beyond the point this one is. This will tell you if it's something in the other scene causing it, or if there's something wrong with your GPU/drivers/Daz itself/etc.

If it renders normally, go back to your error scene and check your Render SubD (Click on Asset > Parameters > Render SubD) on all of the assets in the scene. Even the ones off Camera. Even Daz will bring a 3090 to its knees with a high SubD. Nothing should be higher than a 3. 2 should be more than enough for anything distant.

It looks like you're using an HDRI, so I doubt the environment is causing the issue. Try starting with her naked and no hair, and render that. If that works, move on to adding the hair, and so forth. See if you can narrow down an asset causing it. Which would be the best solution.

Some other things to do: Make sure "Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling" is off. This causes issues with Daz for whatever reason. Are you on Studio Drivers for your 3090? Those are far more stable, and should specifically be used when working with Daz. A clean driver install (either via DDU or NVInstall.) might also help.

Hi All, turbo n00b here in the 3d modelling required for RenPy games.
I am wondering what software is most suitable for creating animations, and where to get started.
Can anyone please comment on the process of creating animations for games like 'Being a DIK' or 'City of Broken Dreamers'?
Both use Daz, though I believe CoBD does use some Blender for its non-sexual animations. Don't quote me on that, though.

But there's no real short way to explain how animation works. In Daz or any other software. There's a video on Dynamic Animation on the Daz store that came out recently, otherwise I'd say take a look at Val Cameron's Erotic 3D Art Club.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Unfortunately, the log is pretty vague with this kind of stuff. What happens when the render fails? What version of Daz are you on?

[...]
That's a good number of things to try that you are giving me, thank you. I will try them, one by one, next time I run Daz and tell you how it went then. (y)

Reactions: MissFortune

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020

[...]
Hey, I'm back.

Following your useful advice, firstly I created a simple scene with the dorm room asset, one character, a background image and scene only illumination, consisting of a subtle emissive light on the ceiling and just one key light on the character. It completely rendered without issues.

With that out of the way, then I set the Render SubD values of the figure and the other assets of my problematic scene, being careful of not going over the 3rd level on any of them, as per your advice. Then I rendered the scene. But it stopped almost immediately, as it was happening previously.

So to the next step you've suggested. This time, I got the girl nude and bald. And this time, the render process went smoothly, with no issues, but for those black lines on the eyes, which sometimes appear on some characters (don't know why. It's not a problem I am especially concerned about at this moment, though). Since I had already tried rendering the scene without any clothing on the figure, but with her hair ON, and it failed, it seems that it is Linday's short wet hair that is causing my render to fail for some reason. I will have to look for an alternative then.

Thank you so much for your help.

I am on v4.21 Pro of DS, BTW.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
So to the next step you've suggested. This time, I got the girl nude and bald. And this time, the render process went smoothly, with no issues, but for those black lines on the eyes, which sometimes appear on some characters (don't know why. It's not a problem I am especially concerned about at this moment, though). Since I had already tried rendering the scene without any clothing on the figure, but with her hair ON, and it failed, it seems that it is Linday's short wet hair that is causing my render to fail for some reason. I will have to look for an alternative then.
As far as the black lines go, that tends to be an easy fix. You can either 0,0,0 the XYZ coordinates in the scene via the Parameters tab (for the entire scene and figure. Might mess up the placement of some things in environments if it's not a well-built asset, but it's typically fine.), or you can Render Settings > Optimization > Instancing Optimization > And try Memory or Speed:

opt.png

As for the hair, I've never had any particular trouble with Linday hairs. It's possible that it's conflicting with something else in the scene, hard to say what it would be as it seems rather bare as far as other assets go. Might just be a corrupt install of the asset itself. It's rare, but it happens (especially with rogue morphs on new characters). A reinstall might be worth a try. But beyond that, I can't really offer too much.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
As far as the black lines go, that tends to be an easy fix. You can either 0,0,0 the XYZ coordinates in the scene via the Parameters tab (for the entire scene and figure. Might mess up the placement of some things in environments if it's not a well-built asset, but it's typically fine.), or you can Render Settings > Optimization > Instancing Optimization > And try Memory or Speed:

[...]

As for the hair, I've never had any particular trouble with Linday hairs. It's possible that it's conflicting with something else in the scene, hard to say what it would be as it seems rather bare as far as other assets go. Might just be a corrupt install of the asset itself. It's rare, but it happens (especially with rogue morphs on new characters). A reinstall might be worth a try. But beyond that, I can't really offer too much.
Thank you. By default, I like to set Instancing Optimization to memory. As for the other approach you mention of zeroing the coordinates, I am just not sure how to do that. Should I select every element listed on the Scene tab and then zero the X, Y and Z coordinates globally for all of them together?

As for the hair issue, I've tried reinstalling it and overwriting files, but sadly it has made no difference. So I am rendering the scene now with a different wet hair. And it seems to be going fine.

aaaac

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Howdy, I'm trying to make my very first daz3d comic. My ambition likely much exceeds my grasp, but I'm doing the prework right now. I've made most the bit characters, and now I'm working through the environments.

How would I make an infinite white void background/environment like you see in some scenes of the matrix? I want to plunk a couch down in the middle of it for a VR scene. I've seen it in other 3d comics I think? So it seems doable, I just don't know how.

The other question I got is a bit of preplanning. I'm trying to make a male to female transformation comic. From poking in daz3d it looks like you can't apply female morphs to male bodies. What I did back in koikatsu was make a feminine dude, then swap over to a female model that was pretty dead on and go from there. Is that my only option or does Daz have some tool to make it easier?

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Thank you. By default, I like to set Instancing Optimization to memory. As for the other approach you mention of zeroing the coordinates, I am just not sure how to do that. Should I select every element listed on the Scene tab and then zero the X, Y and Z coordinates globally for all of them together?
Generally, the easiest way is via script. , namely. It's nice to have in the rare cases fiddling with the instance optimization doesn't work.

I've always used the script, so I'm not entirely sure, but you should be able to theoretically select the group (of the asset) and zero out the coordinates in the parameters tab:

As for the hair issue, I've tried reinstalling it and overwriting files, but sadly it has made no difference. So I am rendering the scene now with a different wet hair. And it seems to be going fine.
Sorry I couldn't help you more there.

How would I make an infinite white void background/environment like you see in some scenes of the matrix? I want to plunk a couch down in the middle of it for a VR scene. I've seen it in other 3d comics I think? So it seems doable, I just don't know how.
Should be pretty easy, if I recall. Just find your "Environment" Pane. Windows > Panes (tabs) > Environment, if you don't see it.

env.png

The other question I got is a bit of preplanning. I'm trying to make a male to female transformation comic. From poking in daz3d it looks like you can't apply female morphs to male bodies. What I did back in koikatsu was make a feminine dude, then swap over to a female model that was pretty dead on and go from there. Is that my only option or does Daz have some tool to make it easier?
This is why I find G9 superior, as it gives the freedom(s) to do stuff like this. Unfortunately, I recall your hardware not being super high-end, so it'd be tough working that into it with limited VRAM. If it's pure transformation (as opposed to sissification), then you might be able to get away with a different look, but obviously that's said without knowing context of the said story.

The most realistic option is either going with some of the trans options out there for Daz:
, , , , . You could take Jackie/Chrissy (linked), remove their shapes and add another normal male shape to them, and then switch them back to the trans version when the transformation happens. The other option is using the UV Swap (linked), which will allow you to use the male figure and bring the skin texture over to a female body/base. Using a LIE-based tattoo or something of the nature, to signal that it's him in a female body.

It's a little bit heavier texture-wise, but 8.1 has a couple masculine/feminine version of figures.

, with a small breast morph could probably pull it, too. Not sure if there's too many twin sets for anything below G9, but that might be another option.

• Red Heart
Reactions: aaaac and Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Generally, the easiest way is via script. , namely. It's nice to have in the rare cases fiddling with the instance optimization doesn't work.

I've always used the script, so I'm not entirely sure, but you should be able to theoretically select the group (of the asset) and zero out the coordinates in the parameters tab:

Sorry I couldn't help you more there.
You've helped me more than enough. (y) Also, thanks for the link to that script.

aaaac

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Should be pretty easy, if I recall. Just find your "Environment" Pane. Windows > Panes (tabs) > Environment, if you don't see it.
Oh it really is that simple isn't it. And then you use dome lighting so it looks like it's being lit from everywhere. I feel foolish. Thanks for the help!

This is why I find G9 superior, as it gives the freedom(s) to do stuff like this. Unfortunately, I recall your hardware not being super high-end, so it'd be tough working that into it with limited VRAM. If it's pure transformation (as opposed to sissification), then you might be able to get away with a different look, but obviously that's said without knowing context of the said story.

The most realistic option is either going with some of the trans options out there for Daz:
, , , , . You could take Jackie/Chrissy (linked), remove their shapes and add another normal male shape to them, and then switch them back to the trans version when the transformation happens. The other option is using the UV Swap (linked), which will allow you to use the male figure and bring the skin texture over to a female body/base. Using a LIE-based tattoo or something of the nature, to signal that it's him in a female body.

It's a little bit heavier texture-wise, but 8.1 has a couple masculine/feminine version of figures.

, with a small breast morph could probably pull it, too. Not sure if there's too many twin sets for anything below G9, but that might be another option.
It might actually set my computer on fire but being able to apply any morph I like sounds so so much easier than what I'm doing at the moment.

I don't wish to bore you, especially after you have been so inhumanly patient so far. But the briefest summary I can come up with basically:

The way I'd like to do it is in a masculine female body, that I can then slowly feminize via form slides. I've got this almost working except I cannot for the life of me figure out how to reach a remotely masculine looking face. I could probably swing it if I was better at facial modeling, but I'm not.

I went looking for facial morphs that would accomplish the job, but I cannot find any. There's female face morphs for male bodies: but nothing the other way. I'm guessing there's a pretty good technical reason for this, the models are too different probably.

I tried the androgenyous facial morphs but they weren't doing it, at least it seemed like. I kept looking and found this thread about using genesis 8 female morphs for male, which looks hard and perhaps beyond me technically but maybe I'll give it a shot.

Am I missing something or is this approach at a dead end? Even advice on how to get the face a bit more masculine would probably cut it.

Last edited:

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Oh it really is that simple isn't it. And then you use dome lighting so it looks like it's being lit from everywhere. I feel foolish. Thanks for the help!

It might actually set my computer on fire but being able to apply any morph I like sounds so so much easier than what I'm doing at the moment.

I don't wish to bore you, especially after you have been so inhumanly patient so far. But the briefest summary I can come up with basically:

The way I'd like to do it is in a masculine female body, that I can then slowly feminize via form slides. I've got this almost working except I cannot for the life of me figure out how to reach a remotely masculine looking face. I could probably swing it if I was better at facial modeling, but I'm not.

I went looking for facial morphs that would accomplish the job, but I cannot find any. There's female face morphs for male bodies: but nothing the other way. I'm guessing there's a pretty good technical reason for this, the models are too different probably.

I tried the androgenyous facial morphs but they weren't doing it, at least it seemed like. I kept looking and found this thread about using genesis 8 female morphs for male, which looks hard and perhaps beyond me technically but maybe I'll give it a shot.

Am I missing something or is this approach at a dead end? Even advice on how to get the face a bit more masculine would probably cut it.
maybe try using gen9 since they did away with Male and Female version of it, now it has Base Feminine Body and Base Masculine Body sliders

MℯlonLord

Oct 23, 2022
Curious, what's the best method to deform a bed around the character or any object on the bed and make it look as realistic as possible ? I've been trying to deform it using mesh grabber but the result is not so good.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Curious, what's the best method to deform a bed around the character or any object on the bed and make it look as realistic as possible ? I've been trying to deform it using mesh grabber but the result is not so good.
There's some dforce beds/mattresses, and I think there's some weight mapping/simulation techniques that can do it, but the easiest is probably using a Dformer.

Reactions: Jumbi and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There's some dforce beds/mattresses, and I think there's some weight mapping/simulation techniques that can do it, but the easiest is probably using a Dformer.
I agree. The simpler is probably a dformer that is better for global deformations than mesh grabber.

You can also try a dforce mattress like this one or Adding dforce to any mattress should not be too difficult, but painting the proper influence and defining the parameters can be a bit long.

I also had some success for small deformations on a sofa with a smoothing modifier. Select the item, edit>figure>geometry>add smoothing modifier, and parameter>mesh smoothing to select the collision item and tweak the parameters (iterations)

And some mattresses already have some morphs included. For instance this (old) free one

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
Hello.
Does anybody know of a software that automatically converts from multiple .obj files + textures to a .fbx file? Or is there any Add-on for Blender that does that?

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hello.
Does anybody know of a software that automatically converts from multiple .obj files + textures to a .fbx file? Or is there any Add-on for Blender that does that?
How many files are you looking to do? Should be fairly easy to import into Blender > Export as FBX > Apply textures in whatever software you're using it in.

Reactions: PusaM
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote