3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
How many files are you looking to do? Should be fairly easy to import into Blender > Export as FBX > Apply textures in whatever software you're using it in.
Hello MissFortune, well the thing is, i have plenty of models that have different parts to form a whole, and i am tired of loading each part manually (i am not aware of any method in blender to load at the same time multiple OBJ's), i know in Blender i can load the objects one by one into the scene and export as one FBX, but the process is very tedious for like 200-300 models with each having from 2 to about 15 parts. This is why i asked if there is a software that loads a group of OBJ's and exports 1 FBX. I even tried the FBX Converter, the software loads all the OBJ's i need but then it exports in the same number of FBX's so not helpful.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Theoretically, you should be able to into Blender and then export it as one .FBX. But it's a bit too far out of my wheelhouse to be giving advice on.

Reactions: PusaM

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
Nice find, what this little Add-on does is not importing every piece at once, but after you select what you need imported, it imports one by one without me needing to keep selecting each piece and what to Import every time from the same model, then i can just join what i need and move on, really useful method after all, thanks a lot for this info.

Reactions: MissFortune

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
Hello, it's again me, don't know if it is approved, but i would want to ask, does anybody has a model of DMC NICO with no tattoos? I am no texture master into this so i can't work any magic on removing the filth off the skin.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hello, it's again me, don't know if it is approved, but i would want to ask, does anybody has a model of DMC NICO with no tattoos? I am no texture master into this so i can't work any magic on removing the filth off the skin.
For Daz? If you've got the texture maps, I might be able to get rid of a solid portion of them. Content aware fill/Clone healing in PS should make fairly quick work of it.

Edit: Alternatively, a darker skin from another figure might work fairly well if you can find a match. Something like Mousso's Echo might look similar. That is, again, assuming you're working with Daz.

John-fromuk

Feb 27, 2022
Hello, noob question here. I'm trying to learn the whole creating process from scratch and I was wondering how people actually create all the models that are available to sell? Do they use dazstudio for that or a different software? I understand that there is a lot of free stuff available to download but it didn't feel like I could customize a girl face like on videogame, if that makes sense. (Appreciate all the help)

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hello, noob question here. I'm trying to learn the whole creating process from scratch and I was wondering how people actually create all the models that are available to sell? Do they use dazstudio for that or a different software? I understand that there is a lot of free stuff available to download but it didn't feel like I could customize a girl face like on videogame, if that makes sense. (Appreciate all the help)
Selling, as in sculpting the model and offering it on Daz? Well, you've got a lot to learn and a whole lot of talented competition. That's not to dissuade you from doing it, but just something to be aware of.

You're going to need a sculpting tool. Maya/3DS is often the most common, Zbrush is another common one. Sometimes both. You'll probably need something like R3DS Wrap/3DCoat/etc along with knowledge of Adobe's Substance software(s). Some knowledge of sculpting/anatomy is need for realistic/non-stylized people, as well. You can theoretically do all of this to varying levels of success in Blender with addons and such, but YMMV. FlippedNormals offer some pretty good stuff in this space, might be worth a look.

John-fromuk

Feb 27, 2022
Oh no, I don't want to sell. I was just wondering how the developers actually create their own personal digital models before placing it on the game if that makes sense? I had the impression that most of the unique games that I found here somehow have their own customized characters. I thought somehow they could edit on a certain software. So as general rule most of the developers buy renders/download the 3D models? How come there is so much different types of faces?

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Oh no, I don't want to sell. I was just wondering how the developers actually create their own personal digital models before placing it on the game if that makes sense? I had the impression that most of the unique games that I found here somehow have their own customized characters. I thought somehow they could edit on a certain software. So as general rule most of the developers buy renders/download the 3D models? How come there is so much different types of faces?
Ah, okay. You're wondering how they alter the look of the default models? I'm guessing you're referring to games like Being A Dik or Summer's Gone?

Those are made with a free software called Daz. Who hosts a marketplace for models, hairs, clothing, or any number of other assets that you can buy (or pirate). So, for example, you buy Victoria 8 from the Daz Store: . Devs don't want to use a bunch of the same models, so what you can do inside of Daz is get another figure (of the same generation/number. So, if you bought Victoria 8, you'd need to get another figure with an 8 in the name. Olympia 8, for example.). Once you have two figures, you can lower the sliders and mix the shapes of both figures. If you need fine-tuned morphs for certain parts of the face or bodies, you can use morph packages: .

Here's a pretty solid basics playlist for Daz: , Parmy Badham (spelling is probably wrong.), IT-Roy, and Game Developer Training all might be worth a look as well.

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
For Daz? If you've got the texture maps, I might be able to get rid of a solid portion of them. Content aware fill/Clone healing in PS should make fairly quick work of it.

Edit: Alternatively, a darker skin from another figure might work fairly well if you can find a match. Something like Mousso's Echo might look similar. That is, again, assuming you're working with Daz.
Nope, it is not a Daz model, it is a .fbx format file, and i do not plan on bothering anyone with the tattoos removal, i saw how many are there, i am a little surprised there are no tattoos on the tongue. LOL (but if you want or anyone else i will put the link to where the model is, no pressure and all)

John-fromuk

Feb 27, 2022
Ah, okay. You're wondering how they alter the look of the default models? I'm guessing you're referring to games like Being A Dik or Summer's Gone?

Those are made with a free software called Daz. Who hosts a marketplace for models, hairs, clothing, or any number of other assets that you can buy (or pirate). So, for example, you buy Victoria 8 from the Daz Store: . Devs don't want to use a bunch of the same models, so what you can do inside of Daz is get another figure (of the same generation/number. So, if you bought Victoria 8, you'd need to get another figure with an 8 in the name. Olympia 8, for example.). Once you have two figures, you can lower the sliders and mix the shapes of both figures. If you need fine-tuned morphs for certain parts of the face or bodies, you can use morph packages: .

Here's a pretty solid basics playlist for Daz: , Parmy Badham (spelling is probably wrong.), IT-Roy, and Game Developer Training all might be worth a look as well.
That's great, I was checking Daz videos but I wasn't on that playlist yet. Thank you very much!

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Nope, it is not a Daz model, it is a .fbx format file, and i do not plan on bothering anyone with the tattoos removal, i saw how many are there, i am a little surprised there are no tattoos on the tongue. LOL (but if you want or anyone else i will put the link to where the model is, no pressure and all)
If you've got the textures and such, I can give it a shot a bit later. That said, I know fuck all about FBX stuff, so not sure how much I can accomplish.

60Points

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Hello.
Does anybody know of a software that automatically converts from multiple .obj files + textures to a .fbx file? Or is there any Add-on for Blender that does that?
Something like this? So you can import all the obj files inside a folder to the scene in Blender. And then export them in a single fbx.
--------------------------------------

import bpy
import os

folder_path = "c:\folder\folder"

file_list = os.listdir(folder_path)
obj_files = [f for f in file_list if f.endswith(".obj")]

for obj_file in obj_files:

obj_path = os.path.join(folder_path, obj_file)
bpy.ops.import_scene.obj(filepath=obj_path)
imported_obj = bpy.context.selected_objects[0]
imported_obj.name = obj_file.split(".")[0]

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
If you've got the textures and such, I can give it a shot a bit later. That said, I know fuck all about FBX stuff, so not sure how much I can accomplish.
Ok, here are 2 links to where the models are, the models are the same in both links as i have checked, you grab the one that you want, only it differs that one is .fbx and other is for XPS and that the texture format is for one TGA and for the other PNG, but the textures look exactly the same.
.fbx + TGA Textures
for XPS + .png Textures
Now again, we are all noobs at something, but like myself there are some more noobs than others, so don't overdo it, if you can it's ok, if not then sorry to bother.
And there is another thing, i found that there is a mod on the Nexus for DMC5 that replaces Nico with an already cleaned or replaced skin, blonde hair and stuff, but the files format in unknown to me to be able to convert to .fbx, the file format is something like (TEX 11file) i don't know what that is, searched on google but there is no explanation on my end what to do with it.

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
Something like this? So you can import all the obj files inside a folder to the scene in Blender. And then export them in a single fbx.
--------------------------------------
Yes, like that, but i already got a Add-on for Blender that imports .obj batch files and from there i can manage.
Here is the site if anybody need the Blender Add-on that imports .obj batch files.

[/QUOTE]
import bpy
import os

folder_path = "c:\folder\folder"

file_list = os.listdir(folder_path)
obj_files = [f for f in file_list if f.endswith(".obj")]

for obj_file in obj_files:

obj_path = os.path.join(folder_path, obj_file)
bpy.ops.import_scene.obj(filepath=obj_path)
imported_obj = bpy.context.selected_objects[0]
imported_obj.name = obj_file.split(".")[0]
[/QUOTE]
But here you got me lost, maybe is something good but i don't know this kind of stuff man, is it a script or something?
I made a .py script Add-on for Blender but it didn't do anything, changed the directory, still nothing, what is it?

60Points

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
But here you got me lost, maybe is something good but i don't know this kind of stuff man, is it a script or something?
I made a .py script Add-on for Blender but it didn't do anything, changed the directory, still nothing, what is it?

Yes, it is a script for blender that looks for all the .OBJ files in a folder and imports them into the scene.

You go to the SCRIPTING tab, click NEW, paste the script, and then click PLAY (Replacing the folder before
obviously)

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Ok, here are 2 links to where the models are, the models are the same in both links as i have checked, you grab the one that you want, only it differs that one is .fbx and other is for XPS and that the texture format is for one TGA and for the other PNG, but the textures look exactly the same.
.fbx + TGA Textures
for XPS + .png Textures
Now again, we are all noobs at something, but like myself there are some more noobs than others, so don't overdo it, if you can it's ok, if not then sorry to bother.
And there is another thing, i found that there is a mod on the Nexus for DMC5 that replaces Nico with an already cleaned or replaced skin, blonde hair and stuff, but the files format in unknown to me to be able to convert to .fbx, the file format is something like (TEX 11file) i don't know what that is, searched on google but there is no explanation on my end what to do with it.
Some of them are kinda rough (specifically the second one), but should be decent enough, depending on what you're doing with it.

pl0400_body_d.png pl0400_handl_d.png
pl0400_handr_d.png pl0400_leg_d.png

Left the face alone, because I wasn't sure which you wanted, but should be easy enough to hide with hair.

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
Yes, it is a script for blender that looks for all the .OBJ files in a folder and imports them into the scene.

You go to the SCRIPTING tab, click NEW, paste the script, and then click PLAY (Replacing the folder before
obviously)
It didn't work, something is wrong with the path, i made the shortest path there is, here is the video.
View attachment Rec_240.avi

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote