3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

LongoMcFap

Dec 28, 2020
You haven't cited the source of the photo, which generally helps a lot.
But this really looks like a promo for an Xtrart asset.
Indeed Xtrart creates her own models, and the model on the photo really looks like "Jane"
If not the one above, could be this one?
Thanks for your efforts! I think the Jane model comes closest. But I don't think it's a 100% match. The one I posted looks like the base for the models of the games "Kate" or "Rebecca Immoral Stories".

I will browse through the 82 pages of the Daz shop, maybe I am lucky!

Btw, the model is shown with this product:

Edit 2: I think this is the base model:

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Hello,

I hope that this is the correct place to ask for help. I've been mostly reading DAZ 3D tutorials from renderguide.com whenever I have some spare time for the last weeks. And that's pretty much where I am at the moment: still learning general stuff of the program.

Anyway, I've come accross an issue with this specific hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1 figures:

This is what I get after I load that hair with one of the compatible Genesis 8 characters selected (Iray preview):

dforce_lupineve_hair_issue.iray.jpg

Now, if I switch to texture shaded preview, this is what I get:

dforce_lupineve_hair_issue.texture_shaded.jpg

In case you wonder, playing with the different materials included with this hair makes absolutely no difference at all. Also, while I linked to the DAZ 3D website above, I got this from the render-state website.

Any idea of what's happening here?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mock1ngb1rd

May 14, 2023
Hello,

I hope that this is the correct place to ask for help. I've been mostly reading DAZ 3D tutorials from renderguide.com whenever I have some spare time for the last weeks. And that's pretty much where I am at the moment: still learning general stuff of the program.

Anyway, I've come accross an issue with this specific hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1 figures:

This is what I get after I load that hair with one of the compatible Genesis 8 characters selected (Iray preview):

View attachment 2829364

Now, if I switch to texture shaded preview, this is what I get:

View attachment 2829366

In case you wonder, playing with the different materials included with this hair makes absolutely no difference at all. Also, while I linked to the DAZ 3D website above, I got this from the render-state website.

Any idea of what it's happening here?

Thanks.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
It's quiet normal for dForce hair to not have a viewport preview.
Did you render it? There could also be an option within the product to turn on the iray preview (can extremely slow down the movement)
That was it, man. That's why the hair looked almost invisible in the iRay preview mode. The product creates a sub-folder inside of the Content Library of DAZ Studio called Styles and Poses. Inside of that folder there is a .duf file called Lupineve 32 Preview Hairs On. After loading it, the hair shows up normally during the preview. Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:

Mock1ngb1rd

May 14, 2023

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Yes I went through all the currently used morphs
In the image Mock1ngb1rd posted above yours (with the "Currently Used" selected), do you see the play button looking triangle at the top left with the three lines under it? Click that > Go to Preferences > "Show Hidden Properties" > and see if you can find what you're looking for in there. Some of the names are pretty inconsistent with what's happening, so you might be there a while playing with the sliders. Don't know if it'll remove the morphs, but it's worth a shot.

Another thing you can try is going through your Content Library and seeing if it's in one of the folders. People > Genesis 8 Female > Kitten > Remove Shape. Same as above, don't know how it'll work, if at all.

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
In the image Mock1ngb1rd posted above yours (with the "Currently Used" selected), do you see the play button looking triangle at the top left with the three lines under it? Click that > Go to Preferences > "Show Hidden Properties" > and see if you can find what you're looking for in there. Some of the names are pretty inconsistent with what's happening, so you might be there while playing with the sliders. Don't know if it'll remove the morphs, but it's worth a shot.

Another thing you can try is going through your Content Library and seeing if it's in one of the folders. People > Genesis 8 Female > Kitten > Remove Shape. Same as above, don't know how it'll work, if at all.
Thank you! Yes, it was a hidden parameter! It didn't even show under shaping.. only parameters and only after showing hidden stuff...

Reactions: MissFortune

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Thank you! Yes, it was a hidden parameter! It didn't even show under shaping.. only parameters and only after showing hidden stuff...
Yeah, it's a nice little thing to know for weird issues that pop up like this at times. Have a 8.1 figure that I use G8 poses on, and sometimes the figure ends up rail thin legs/knees, so I usually need to open it to fix said legs more than I'd like.

Reactions: artistx

innos88

Nov 4, 2018
Hello;

Fairly new with Daz and I found myself in a pickle with Geoshells.
Used the base Gen8F and put Breastacular and The V8 Genitalia on the model then went for a darker skin tone with Skin builder8. So far all good I just copied the materials and everything worked.
Then I used the Sexy Skinz -Hot Pants geoshell and it covered the whole model due some reasons... No worries I turned it off under parameters where I didn't need it, then I added a preset for the color and texture and it all went to hell...
Now the skin color on the body is gone and the preset dosen't cover the genitalia.
My question is can I somehow manually set the skin tone back to what I built (the darker one, still visible on the Breastacular map)?
Also I would like to know how can I make any clothing (geoshells) work with an already existing geoshell (it should cover the lady's private parts ^^)

Attached a pic for reference. Geo shells.png

Many thanks!

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Liphisbus

Liphisbus

May 28, 2020
Hello;

Fairly new with Daz and I found myself in a pickle with Geoshells.
Used the base Gen8F and put Breastacular and The V8 Genitalia on the model then went for a darker skin tone with Skin builder8. So far all good I just copied the materials and everything worked.
Then I used the Sexy Skinz -Hot Pants geoshell and it covered the whole model due some reasons... No worries I turned it off under parameters where I didn't need it, then I added a preset for the color and texture and it all went to hell...
Now the skin color on the body is gone and the preset dosen't cover the genitalia.
My question is can I somehow manually set the skin tone back what I built?
Also I would like to know how can I make any clothing (geoshells) work with an already existing geoshell (it should cover the lady's private parts ^^)

Attached a pic for reference. View attachment 2838255

Many thanks!
I never used more than one geoshell so I'm not sure, but I think you won't be able to use the genital under the pants, if the pants are also a geoshell, hopefully someone else knows how, as my acknowledgement is very lacking on this. As for the problem with the skin, not sure if I know, or even if I understood what you said correctly, but maybe try to make each geoshell with a different offset distance?

There could be a preset in there to fix this too maybe...?

Reactions: innos88

innos88

Nov 4, 2018
I never used more than one geoshell so I'm not sure, but I think you won't be able to use the genital under the pants, if the pants are also a geoshell, hopefully someone else knows how, as my acknowledgement is very lacking on this. As for the problem with the skin, not sure if I know, or even if I understood what you said correctly, but maybe try to make each geoshell with a different offset distance?

There could be a preset in there to fix this too maybe...?
You got it right, in short I want to stack geoshells on each other and I'm not sure it is possible. Thanks for the advice, I will try to play with the offset distances.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Geoshells are annoying on a good day, though, short of the wet shells which tend to work pretty well more than not. Even with dForce existing, that's one thing I go out of my way to avoid.

That was it, man. That's why the hair looked almost invisible in the iRay preview mode. The product creates a sub-folder inside of the Content Library of DAZ Studio called Styles and Poses. Inside of that folder there is a .duf file called Lupineve 32 Preview Hairs On. After loading it, the hair shows up normally during the preview. Thank you very much for your help.
For future reference, there's a bit easier way to do this. Especially with hairs that don't have the option in the folders. Select the hair > Parameters > Turn "Preview PR Hairs" on > Bring the "Viewport Line Tessellation Sides" up to about 3 or so. Will make life easier when you don't have those shortcuts to do it with.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
For future reference, there's a bit easier way to do this. Especially with hairs that don't have the option in the folders. Select the hair > Parameters > Turn "Preview PR Hairs" on > Bring the "Viewport Line Tessellation Sides" up to about 3 or so. Will make life easier when you don't have those shortcuts to do it with.
Noted and applied. Thank you!

Reactions: MissFortune

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
have a problem with dForce Side Bob Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s)

For some reason it always looks like this, 1691859358172.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote