3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
Hello, i was looking around to find this kind of pants, m.jpg with the same pattern but can't find, does anybody knows of a product that looks at least close to this? I need this for DAZ.

Evcas

Aug 29, 2019
I'll take a whack at it... I based it on a blendered geometry shell. Those result in pants that look like they're riding up the butt crack a bit much so I tried adding some "uncrack" morphs to it; hopefully those'll come out okay. I never know exactly what Daz is doing with its product/morph/.dsf stuff. Unzip to wherever your Content directory is and it should show up in Content/Characters/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/EvCas/DiamondPants.duf. Color, displacement, and opacities are in Content/Runtime/Textures/EvCas/*.jpg

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: PusaM and Liphisbus

PusaM

Aug 27, 2020
I'll take a whack at it... I based it on a blendered geometry shell. Those result in pants that look like they're riding up the butt crack a bit much so I tried adding some "uncrack" morphs to it; hopefully those'll come out okay. I never know exactly what Daz is doing with its product/morph/.dsf stuff. Unzip to wherever your Content directory is and it should show up in Content/Characters/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/EvCas/DiamondPants.duf. Color, displacement, and opacities are in Content/Runtime/Textures/EvCas/*.jpg
Thank You very much Evcas, you are really great.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Hello, does anybody know what Model/Character is in this photos?
View attachment 2747327
Nirvy creates her own models. I think that she has released a couple of chars in the V4 period, but recently she published mostly outfits. She always uses the same model, probably to give a unique look to her promos as many artists do, but AFAIK, this model is not available.
If you are interested by the body shapes, you can have a look at the breast/gen shapes that she issued.

Otherwise, your best bet is to drop her a message at her account at renderosity.

Reactions: PusaM

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Having problems applying brow colors on a Lanna g8f figure - no additional separate mesh brows come in the package; that is, they're applied as part of the head texture with options for brows on or off. The brow colors are then listed in a separate folder to be applied, but nothing changes(tried applying them to base g8f figure, head, and eyelashes node, no difference).

From what I can see, the dufs only describe changing a greyscale texture - there's no obviously colored textures in the \runtime\textures....\ folder for separate colors, like there are for eyes.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or have experience with something similar to this?

-edit, nevermind, figured it out, leaving this here incase anyone else searches for similar terms. The separate eyebrow meshes are in the Anatomy folder.

Last edited:

ald140876

Jun 27, 2020

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Greetings, can someone help me with this package:

the problem is the image:

View attachment 2768416

some time ago in the post of:

https://f95zone.to/threads/spring-style-bob-hair-for-genesis-8-and-9-color-expansion-add-on.154340/

I had a similar problem but a user "Guy Axworthy" fixed it or it was a minor problem, I have checked and tried to change some values without result

View attachment 2768442

maybe the package is incomplete, thanks in advance.
Try to match the hair's skull cap with the actual head size of the used model. Most hair products have a morph called "enlarge head", "head size" or something similar.

ald140876

Jun 27, 2020
thanks for answering, although I have already tried to do several things including what you mention, it seems to be more of a problem of transparency or material because the volume is shown in the wire view which seems to be the correct one

hair.jpg

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Try to match the hair's skull cap with the actual head size of the used model. Most hair products have a morph called "enlarge head", "head size" or something similar.
yeah until you get that nasty black line thingie in renders from skull cap.....

I usually end up having to shrink hair forehead width and depth by 10-20%

ald140876

Jun 27, 2020
Greetings, can someone help me with this package:
Greetings, after giving the matter several turns and reviewing the .duf I found the dependency of another file which shows you as a preview in the material selector, how stupid I feel for not trying the most basic first in any case thanks for your attention.

Nov 13, 2022
Does anyone have a good approach to rigging models that are in the A pose? I've tried accurig and mixamo, but both produce problems under the arms. Using blender, I was hoping to use FaceIt plugin, which apparently does not work well at all with AutoRig, so I'm sceptical on the latter as well. Is the manual approach the only one left?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm going to give BlenRig master a shot

Last edited:

Neon_simp

Mar 19, 2022
Hi. I haven't used Daz in a months, but I wanted to start again now, I remember there was a website with a bunch of free content from the daz store, but I can't remember the name.

Anyone here remember or have one better?
TY!

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I had posted the same message in the general development forum but didnt get a response so figured I'd try here before giving up:

Is there a way to change the default rollout which is selected when changing between categories? So much time is spent toggling between transforms and pose controls, then expanding and collapsing those sub menus.

daz.jpg

In other words, the default behavior seems to be if you're in the parameters category, and switch to say posing, itll default to transforms, and vice versa. I'd like a way to either change that default or map hotkeys to the ui customization so I don't have to spend so much time laboriously clicking little menus. I did not see any related options in the F3 ui customization.

LongoMcFap

Dec 28, 2020
Hey folks! I hope someone can answer this, I didn't want to start a new thread because of this minor question. Does anybody know which Daz model this is? Thank you.

dforce-x-fashion-floral-bohemian-dress-00-main-daz3d-vnSzHrmt.jpg

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Hey folks! I hope someone can answer this, I didn't want to start a new thread because of this minor question. Does anybody know which Daz model this is? Thank you.

View attachment 2816403
You haven't cited the source of the photo, which generally helps a lot.
But this really looks like a promo for an Xtrart asset.
Indeed Xtrart creates her own models, and the model on the photo really looks like "Jane"

Reactions: LongoMcFap
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote