3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Does he know how to make a tattoo for a character?
Search for "tattoo":

If you want to create your own tatoo I think there is some asset to do it, or you can edit the skin texture of the character.

Reactions: Vaioretto

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
Search for "tattoo":

If you want to create your own tatoo I think there is some asset to do it, or you can edit the skin texture of the character.
I meant my own. I'll try to edit skin texture.

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
Hello! Right now im learning Daz3d and trying my first renders(IRAY engine).
But my computer is not very powerful.
My configuration:
GPU: RX460 (4gb)
CPU: amd-fx 6350
8gb RAM.
I want to buy GTX 1060 6gb, but it will take some time for me to have money.
Can you give me some tips about rendering on pc like mine or there is no hope?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hello! Right now im learning Daz3d and trying my first renders(IRAY engine).
But my computer is not very powerful.
My configuration:
GPU: RX460 (4gb)
CPU: amd-fx 6350
8gb RAM.
I want to buy GTX 1060 6gb, but it will take some time for me to have money.
Can you give me some tips about rendering on pc like mine or there is no hope?
With low processing power you need to keep the scene very simple and also use a quickly converging lighting technique. Lighting should be kept to HDRI or a 3 point light setup. I have listed details of these lighting techniques in the my tutorial thread .

For you early renders just keep your scenes to 1 character and you may also wish to use to reduce the texture map size and hence the RAM requirements. Prior to you GTX1060 I would suggest you learn character design and also understanding the surface parameters. You can still achieve some very nice results with very simple scenes. As an example the image in the spoiler below uses a single curved prop backdrop and 3 point lighting. It rendered in about 10 minutes with a GTX1060.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
With low processing power you need to keep the scene very simple and also use a quickly converging lighting technique. Lighting should be kept to HDRI or a 3 point light setup. I have listed details of these lighting techniques in the my tutorial thread .

For you early renders just keep your scenes to 1 character and you may also wish to use to reduce the texture map size and hence the RAM requirements. Prior to you GTX1060 I would suggest you learn character design and also understanding the surface parameters. You can still achieve some very nice results with very simple scenes. As an example the image in the spoiler below uses a single curved prop backdrop and 3 point lighting. It rendered in about 10 minutes with a GTX1060.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So you are saying that 1060 isn’t a good solution? What gpu should I aim then? And is cpu/ram upgrade necessary?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
So you are saying that 1060 isn’t a good solution? What gpu should I aim then? And is cpu/ram upgrade necessary?
A GTX1060 is fine, however it is on the lower end of GPU's used for rendering. At USD200-300, it is about 1/3 the speed of the top end USD1,000 cards. It works sufficiently for my requirements and if you want to see what you should be able to create with it, you can check out some of the art I have posted. RAM is very useful as Daz is a memory hog. Scenes where I have 4 or so characters + props usually chew up in excess of 20GB RAM. I can do what I need to with 32GB RAM on the motherboard and have done scenes with a dozen or so characters (reduced texture maps). Upgrading the CPU won't really improve your rendering times as Daz uses the video card to do the ray tracing.

The comments related to 1 character and lighting are for what you can do before you get your new video card.

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
A GTX1060 is fine, however it is on the lower end of GPU's used for rendering. At USD200-300, it is about 1/3 the speed of the top end USD1,000 cards. It works sufficiently for my requirements and if you want to see what you should be able to create with it, you can check out some of the art I have posted. RAM is very useful as Daz is a memory hog. Scenes where I have 4 or so characters + props usually chew up in excess of 20GB RAM. I can do what I need to with 32GB RAM on the motherboard and have done scenes with a dozen or so characters (reduced texture maps). Upgrading the CPU won't really improve your rendering times as Daz uses the video card to do the ray tracing.

The comments related to 1 character and lighting are for what you can do before you get your new video card.
Today I checked render settings and I don’t have a choice to render on gpu. I guess I need new gpu(

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
Also I’m wondering is that necessary GeForce gtx 1060 be nvidia or I can buy MSi or gigabyte one?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Also I’m wondering is that necessary GeForce gtx 1060 be nvidia or I can buy MSi or gigabyte one?
nVidia, MSi / Gigabyte GTX1060's are all essentially the same technology. nVidia designs the card base architecture / GPU and the other vendors customise this technology by fitting slightly different boards, memory and cooling solutions.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
There are two main manufacturers of graphics chips, Nvidia and AMD (former ATI). The rendering with Iray only works with Nvidia chips... you have a card with AMD chip so you don't have the option to render by GPU (if you render by CPU you are very slow).

So you must buy a card with Nvidia chip, whatever the assembler (MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, Zotac, EVGA, Palit, etc ...)

A 1060 with 6GB is good to start and at a good price, maybe in some scenes with many characters you will have to use some trick but in general it will do the job well. When you've worked long enough with DAZ and know your needs, if you think it's appropriate you can buy a better one later, with the 1080Ti (or 2080Ti) and its 11GB you forget about problems, although they have a high price.
(In the same way, with many characters on stage, those 8GB of RAM will be too small... so you'll have to start with scenes with 1 or 2 characters, or render the stage on one side and the characters on the other).

Vatos

Game Developer
Mar 8, 2019
Hello, I am trying to install this asset ( ) to Daz Studio but unlike genesis models which have People and Runtime folder, this room asset only got OBJ and Runtime folder and when I copy them into "My Daz 3D Library" they do not show up. I even tried manually importing OBJ files to daz but there's lots of them and they aren't even being imported at the right place.
How can I install this asset to Daz?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hello, I am trying to install this asset ( ) to Daz Studio but unlike genesis models which have People and Runtime folder, this room asset only got OBJ and Runtime folder and when I copy them into "My Daz 3D Library" they do not show up. I even tried manually importing OBJ files to daz but there's lots of them and they aren't even being imported at the right place.
How can I install this asset to Daz?
If only have "Runtime" folder, I believe its thinked for Poser, so look at poser library.

Reactions: Vatos

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Ok. Im creating scene right now, and i want to have picture "from the eyes". How to do that?
There's a utility for hiding body parts that goes very well for these things:

But it can be done manually:
- Create a camera and place it in the eye (move it until you see the character's eye from inside his/her head).
- Search in scene tab the head of the character and click on the icon of the eye so that it is not seen in the scene; do the same with the hair.
- Select the camera, go to "camera" in parameters tab and lower the "focal lenght"; for POV use values between 40-50

EXTRA: If you want to leave the camera always ready for this, that is to say, that it is stuck to the eye of the character, select the camera in scene tab, press right button and parent in the eye you want... in this way the camera will always follow the eye ;)

PS: Sorry for my english :p

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
There's a utility for hiding body parts that goes very well for these things:

But it can be done manually:
- Create a camera and place it in the eye (move it until you see the character's eye from inside his/her head).
- Search in scene tab the head of the character and click on the icon of the eye so that it is not seen in the scene; do the same with the hair.
- Select the camera, go to "camera" in parameters tab and lower the "focal lenght"; for POV use values between 40-50

EXTRA: If you want to leave the camera always ready for this, that is to say, that it is stuck to the eye of the character, select the camera in scene tab, press right button and parent in the eye you want... in this way the camera will always follow the eye ;)

PS: Sorry for my english :p
Thank you. I was placing camera slightly before had, but that was bad.
P.S.: My English ain't better)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote