3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
I made a wood floor in maya where each board is has a geometry, and there`s 14 different boards on one 4k uv map.

Well, when I transfer it to daz it looks like complete shit. If I don't put any glossiness it looks normal, but if put a lot of glossiness, only a part of the board is affected rather than the whole board. The top of the board is a single quad.

Here's a maya render where you see the reflection of a spot light and a daz render where the reflection of the spot light is all fucked up. How can I fix this?

woodfloortest.jpg dazshittest.jpg

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to put a G8M clothing on a G8F figure. But there is no Autofit option for G8M.... What did i do wrong?

I'm using Daz 4.10

Clothing item is "World War II U.S. Uniform HD for Genesis 8 Male(s) - WW II Trousers"

Figure is a simple "Genesis 8 Basic Female", no morphs or character presets.

The AutoFit popup menu shows only these options:

Autofit Options.PNG

There is no "Genesis 8 Male" option as the "designed for figure" type.

I can use the "unsupported" option but it does not fit the figure well (there is a lot of space at the waist)

Any ideas on how to do it?

UPDATE:

I kept looking at this, and found that if i used the "hidden parameters" to scale the "Pelvis" and "Abdomen" of the pants on X and Z axis, and increased the Mesh Smoothing, it could kind of fit the figure OK

But still, where is the option to fit a G8M clothing to a G8F figure?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I made a wood floor in maya where each board is has a geometry, and there`s 14 different boards on one 4k uv map.

Well, when I transfer it to daz it looks like complete shit. If I don't put any glossiness it looks normal, but if put a lot of glossiness, only a part of the board is affected rather than the whole board. The top of the board is a single quad.

Here's a maya render where you see the reflection of a spot light and a daz render where the reflection of the spot light is all fucked up. How can I fix this?

... images cut ...
It looks to me like you are getting the reflection of the environment ("skydome") instead of a spotlight only.

Try look in the "Render Settings" pane -> "Environment" -> "Environment Mode", and change the setting to "Scene only"

But of course i could be wrong :poop:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to use Autofit to put a G8M clothing on a G8M figure. What did i do wrong?

I'm using Daz 4.10

Clothing item is "World War II U.S. Uniform HD for Genesis 8 Male(s) - WW II Trousers"

View attachment 264253

I can use the "unsupported" option but it does not fit the figure well (there is a lot of space at the waist)

I would say there is something wrong with the prop. Autofit only pops up when you try to fit something to a figure that it's not designed for.

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
It looks to me like you are getting the reflection of the environment ("skydome") instead of a spotlight only.

Try look in the "Render Settings" pane -> "Environment" -> "Environment Mode", and change the setting to "Scene only"

But of course i could be wrong :poop:

I asked on the daz3d forum some days ago and the problem apparently was that the top of the wood boards was getting auto smoothed by daz. So I fixed it by turning smoothing off or changing the angle.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to use Autofit to put a G8M clothing on a G8M figure. What did i do wrong?

I'm using Daz 4.10

View attachment 264253

You are trying to fit a male G8M clothing asset onto a G8F figure? I suspect the problem of the G8M option not showing up in the drop down box may be a result of not having the "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Male" installed. Easy to check, just open your Daz installation manager.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
You are trying to fit a male G8M clothing asset onto a G8F figure? I suspect the problem of the G8M option not showing up in the drop down box may be a result of not having the "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Male" installed. Easy to check, just open your Daz installation manager.
Xavster, you are right!

I installed the "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Male" with D.I.M and now i get this on the Autofit menu:
Autofit Options - better.PNG

So that is good. Thankyou!

However!

Using the "Genesis 8 Male" source figure and "Full Body" type gives a poor fit at the waist, as show in this picture:
Bad Autofit.PNG

As i mentioned in my UPDATE edit to the original post, I can fix the fit manually using Z,X scale of just the pelvis and abdmone bones of the pants, and stronger mesh smoothing.

But, i want to know if this is the correct way to do it?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Xavster, you are right!

I installed the "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Male" with D.I.M and now i get this on the Autofit menu:
View attachment 264270

However!

Using the "Genesis 8 Male" source figure and "Full Body" type gives a poor fit at the waist, as show in this picture:
View attachment 264271

As i mentioned in my UPDATE edit to the original post, I can fix the fit manually using Z,X scale of just the pelvis and abdmone bones of the pants, and stronger mesh smoothing.

There should be some fit control morphs under "Actor" in the parameters tab

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Xavster, you are right!

View attachment 264270

However!

View attachment 264271

Often the prop with have a scaling property under the parameters tab. If this is not the case, select the trouser item in the scene window and change the scaling to about 90%. The auto-fitting hopefully will conform it to the figure.

Jafsent30

Mar 16, 2019
Hey guys I'm new here (probably why i created this account )
I've been searching the Internet for a while but i couldn't find the answer
1 How do you make characters interacte with each other (hug or punch) without them passing through each other for Genesis 8 in daz studio? If theres a plug in or a way
2 how do you make characters sit on a plane or object without passing through
3 which software is best for 3d animation that will let me make the characters interact like touching hands or slapping
PLEASE NO 1 is very important for me since im more focus on character interaction
Thanks in advance and God bless the creator of this topic and everybody who put their times to help us

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hey guys I'm new here (probably why i created this account )
I've been searching the Internet for a while but i couldn't find the answer
1 How do you make characters interacte with each other (hug or punch) without them passing through each other for Genesis 8 in daz studio? If theres a plug in or a way
2 how do you make characters sit on a plane or object without passing through
3 which software is best for 3d animation that will let me make the characters interact like touching hands or slapping
PLEASE NO 1 is very important for me since im more focus on character interaction
Thanks in advance and God bless the creator of this topic and everybody who put their times to help us
About 1 and 2:
There's no secret... Daz has nothing to prevent characters, objects, etc. from being passing through between them, so you must be the one who positions them so that they fit well.

Although to, for example, make a sheet fall on the bed and make it look good, you have the simulation "DForce".

About 3:
Daz isn't the best in this respect, but he allows it.

Jafsent30

Mar 16, 2019
About 1 and 2:
There's no secret... Daz has nothing to prevent characters, objects, etc. from being passing through between them, so you must be the one who positions them so that they fit well..
Thanks for your response
please is there any software that offers character interaction like that?
cause my main focus in on character interaction so that they will not fuse together

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Thanks for your response
please is there any software that offers character interaction like that?
cause my main focus in on character interaction so that they will not fuse together
You're welcome.

I can't help you with that, I don't know enough about the other programs... I guess you'll have to look for one that detects collisions between the "meshes" of characters or objects and acts like real physics would (depending on the surface and its characteristics).

jedihayles

Sep 8, 2018
Can anyone help me set up my Daz for I get the best renders that I can get with the computer Im using. im on discord id jedihayles hash tag 9857

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Hey guys, I have a question about posing. Basically, I've got a character in cowgirl position hovering just above the guy's dick and her hands are on the guy's body and feet are planted on the ground, and I want to move her torso down without having the hands and feet move from their position. Is this possible to do in Daz and, if so, how?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hey guys, I have a question about posing. Basically, I've got a character in cowgirl position hovering just above the guy's dick and her hands are on the guy's body and feet are planted on the ground, and I want to move her torso down without having the hands and feet move from their position. Is this possible to do in Daz and, if so, how?
Simple answer is no. Character positioning is based around the position of the pelvis.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Yes and no. It is possible to lock a node (the hand for example), but its a pain in the ass to setup right and it can fuck up the pose completely.
Use the universal tool. Hover a surface, and if you see a pin, click on it will give you the opions to pin the node to its position (transaltion and rotation).

Reactions: Xavster

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Select one hand, right click on it in "scene" tab and select all childrens, go to "ActivePose" in "Tool Settings" and click on "Toggle Pins" button, This way you're fixing those parts so they don't move.

Do the same with the other hand and repeat this for feet.

Then you can move her torso keeping his hands and feet still.

NOTE: This is what you are looking for, but it is not a perfect system, may be that the hands and feet move a little, everything depends on what movement you are forcing her to do, and if you force a lot in the end will move everything equally :eek::p

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Select one hand, right click on it in "scene" tab and select all childrens, go to "ActivePose" in "Tool Settings" and click on "Toggle Pins" button, This way you're fixing those parts so they don't move.

Do the same with the other hand and repeat this for feet.

Then you can move her torso keeping his hands and feet still.

NOTE: This is what you are looking for, but it is not a perfect system, may be that the hands and feet move a little, everything depends on what movement you are forcing her to do, and if you force a lot in the end will move everything equally :eek::p
It can even "break" the rig. Looks kinda hilarious when that happens :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Porcus Dev

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Here you can see a recent example (I created it this weekend):

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote