3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
You could also combine the textures, make one half blue and one green and then tile it correctly in daz.
aaand you can also assign new surfaces to the wall in daz (e.g. front and back), and then select the corresponding surface with the geometry editor tool and assign them to the new surface via right click menu.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I looked unsuccessfully for an answer to whether the following is possible and whether there is a solution. Thought the forum members may be able to help.
1) When using Daz, often if you accidentally click the right mouse button whilst the left is already depressed, the mouse cursor disappears within the Daz window (visible outside Daz window). Does anyone know how to make it visible again outside closing and restarting Daz?
2) When using the group command on a number of items, a group is established with the group coordinates assigned as the centroid of the grouped elements. The element X,Y,Z's are then adjusted such they stay in the same global position. Does anyone know how to group elements such that the group coordinates stay at 0,0,0 and the coordinates of the elements remain unchanged?

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
Anyone knows if there is an option to bind keys to rotation and translation?
I want to bind my WASD keys for rotation and the arrow keys for translation or vice versa for easier control and posing but I can't find an option to

I looked unsuccessfully for an answer to whether the following is possible and whether there is a solution. Thought the forum members may be able to help.
1) When using Daz, often if you accidentally click the right mouse button whilst the left is already depressed, the mouse cursor disappears within the Daz window (visible outside Daz window). Does anyone know how to make it visible again outside closing and restarting Daz?
Never happened to me, I tried it and it just shows the extra menu when you right click even with the left click depressed.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Anyone knows if there is an option to bind keys to rotation and translation?
I want to bind my WASD keys for rotation and the arrow keys for translation or vice versa for easier control and posing but I can't find an option to

Never happened to me, I tried it and it just shows the extra menu when you right click even with the left click depressed.
With DAZ opened, press F3, find the action you want in the lists that appear, then right-click on the one you want and select "Change Keyboard Shortcut".

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
2) When using the group command on a number of items, a group is established with the group coordinates assigned as the centroid of the grouped elements. The element X,Y,Z's are then adjusted such they stay in the same global position. Does anyone know how to group elements such that the group coordinates stay at 0,0,0 and the coordinates of the elements remain unchanged?
1. Never happend to me as well, sorry.
2. You have to parent something with "Parent in place" checked. Then create the group.
If "Parent in place" is checked, it stays checked until you uncheck it, so you could also create a group with no childs and then parent the items afterwards. If it's checked you can also just drag the items into the group and they will stay at their place.

Reactions: Xavster

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
1. It hasn't happened to me either, but you can try Wendy_Carrara's solution in this post:

Jafsent30

Mar 16, 2019
I've gotten used to daz studio but one thing that i want to make is Clothing
Does anyone knows which software they use to create cloth like the ones in daz shop which you can use in all characters I know how to create a cloth in marvelous designer then pose the character and import back the posed cloth from MD to DZ in OBJ and all but that seems to work only on 1 character and it's time consuming
So i was wondering if there's any way to create your unique cloth or a software they use in making those cloth

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
Hello. Some of clothing assets have morphs to move some parts of clothes. How can i do something similar with assets that doesn't have morphs? And can i place clothes that can be used on characters on chair?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hello. Some of clothing assets have morphs to move some parts of clothes. How can i do something similar with assets that doesn't have morphs? And can i place clothes that can be used on characters on chair?
To "morph" something without morphs you can use
To place clothes and other things realistically on another surface use

I've gotten used to daz studio but one thing that i want to make is Clothing
Does anyone knows which software they use to create cloth like the ones in daz shop which you can use in all characters I know how to create a cloth in marvelous designer then pose the character and import back the posed cloth from MD to DZ in OBJ and all but that seems to work only on 1 character and it's time consuming
So i was wondering if there's any way to create your unique cloth or a software they use in making those cloth
No special program. Have a look at .

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
These utilities can help you a lot to move the dresses in ways that do not come predetermined (even to correct poke problems):

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Guys can someone help me with NGV7 asset?
000000000ioiughfhgcghdxxsrdg.png
I dunno how i got the assets bugged and now i can't fix it. I didn't installed anything recently and the model i used in the screenshot is the Genesis 3 Female base shape with no morph used. Its just everything default except for her leg that are spread open. I 've even tryied to unistall/reinstall the product but the problem still remain.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
View attachment 275420
I dunno how i got the assets bugged and now i can't fix it. I didn't installed anything recently and the model i used in the screenshot is the Genesis 3 Female base shape with no morph used. Its just everything default except for her leg that are spread open. I 've even tryied to unistall/reinstall the product but the problem still remain.
Did you try smoothing?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I can use smoothing on the body too? i thought it could be used only for clothes
You can, yes, but I didn't mean a smoothing modifier. You can set the subdivision normals to smoothed under "Mesh Resolution"

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
View attachment 275420
Does this also happen with legs closed?

You can see if this is caused by some morph you don't see... in "parameters" tab right click and select show hidden parameters, and check if changing any of the ones used fix the problem.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Does this also happen with legs closed?

You can see if this is caused by some morph you don't see... in "parameters" tab right click and select show hidden parameters, and check if changing any of the ones used fix the problem.
No, when she has her leg closed the gens just appear normal, anyway gonna look in the hidden tab as you suggested

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
There's nothing used on the hidden parameters tab. Also i made another screenshot and as you can see there's like a pair of polygons misplaced that cause this glitch.
00000000opiiashiouashrioo.png
Guys could someone make just a screenshot of the G3 base model with the NGV7 in the same pose as mine? I wanna see if this glitch happens only to me or is the product that is broken.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote