3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I wanna create a game, yet, i have problems with my pc specs. For example i have only 4GB RAM as video, and my renders in Daz3D sucks..even if i work it a bit with photoshop. My question is..what software i should use for a better experience in the renders, or , should i use another platform to create my games on? I'm trying now on Ren'Py, but since my images are not quite good.. To mention: i can't buy another video card at the moment.
You wont be able to go crazy, but I have seen some great render from people with 4gb cards. You'll need a lot of practice to get gud and if you want to make a game you might consider switching to something else than Daz. Rendering takes time, especially on lower hardware.

Reactions: palermo

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I wanna create a game, yet, i have problems with my pc specs. For example i have only 4GB RAM as video, and my renders in Daz3D sucks..even if i work it a bit with photoshop. My question is..what software i should use for a better experience in the renders, or , should i use another platform to create my games on? I'm trying now on Ren'Py, but since my images are not quite good.. To mention: i can't buy another video card at the moment.
Another alternative is to go down the Honey Select path, although due to the nature of the program it tends to tailor your output to a manga Japanese style.

To make a game that is going to received well, you need to have a minimum one of the following:
- Good game design / programming
- Engaging story telling
- Good renders

You can do very nice renders in Daz without high level hardware, however you need to be very smart in the way in which you approach the renders. If you create rendered backgrounds and the have separately rendered characters in .png files with transparency, you can create a large number of scene with acceptable total rendering time. You will however be limited in the scope of what you are able to create.

Reactions: palermo

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Daz3d -> Character Creator 3 with normal maps, any ideas?
There are tutorials out there for how to bring in normal maps for clothing but that doesn't seem to work for skin maps, if I just load the normal map in manually it's like it's for the wrong character.

If you look at the ears on this and areas on the torso where it doesn't seem to have applied properly you'll see what I mean:
Capture.PNG

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
This is what mine does at 50% and 100%

50%

100%
Oh you mean this, it happens to me too if i use only the androginy morph, and thats why i don't use it.

Here the morphs i used all together from Futalicious, Roasty and Androginy. You can use them as starting point if you find them usefull and then mess around with all the morphs to see if you get the desired result.
0000000000000000000ihugfbuiafygbyubuubvguysfvsyu-1.png 0000000000000000000ihugfbuiafygbyubuubvguysfvsyu-2.png

keoneo

May 1, 2017
Oh you mean this, it happens to me too if i use only the androginy morph, and thats why i don't use it.

Here the morphs i used all together from Futalicious, Roasty and Androginy. You can use them as starting point if you find them usefull and then mess around with all the morphs to see if you get the desired result.
View attachment 284942 View attachment 284943
I figured it out, downloading and installing Riding Academy got it to work properly. Hopefully it works for you too.

Reactions: Nomec104

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
DAZ Studio, Iray, tileable wood texture:

How to rotate a texture by 90° in a shader?
Positive or negative rotation and/or horizontally/vertically flipped does not matter.
I know this can be done by swapping the UVs. But I don't know how to create a shader that does this in DAZ.

The goal is to re-use the texture in a complex scene to keep the VRAM usage low.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
DAZ Studio, Iray, tileable wood texture:

How to rotate a texture by 90° in a shader?
Positive or negative rotation and/or horizontally/vertically flipped does not matter.
I know this can be done by swapping the UVs. But I don't know how to create a shader that does this in DAZ.

The goal is to re-use the texture in a complex scene to keep the VRAM usage low.
Surfaces Tab -> Look for the texture you want to flip -> Click on the Base Color Icon -> Choose Layered Image Editor from the top left -> Rotate the image to your liking.

zipzinger

Aug 13, 2018
i made this curtain with the help of animate and dforce magnets
now i want to safe the end result of only the curtain without animate
i know how to do that on normal items cuz they show up on the timeline
but i do not know how to do that with dforce items who down show up on the time line
ezgif-1-1d3b3c956387.gif
zippy album

Reactions: badcock

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018

Use this scipt and the Memorize/Restore opion in Daz. It's a bit hard to explain, so better read what he posted on Daz.

zipzinger

Aug 13, 2018

Use this scipt and the Memorize/Restore opion in Daz. It's a bit hard to explain, so better read what he posted on Daz.
ty for the help but this is not it
sadly dforce modifications dont get keyframes

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Surfaces Tab -> Look for the texture you want to flip -> Click on the Base Color Icon -> Choose Layered Image Editor from the top left -> Rotate the image to your liking.
This method creates a new temporary texture on-the-fly does not help to save VRAM unfortunately. From a shader it should be possible to 'point' to the texture-data, swap the UVs and render it. The GPU just needs to be instructed (via the shader) to read the texture-data in another order (due to the UV-swap), no additional rotated texture copy is required inside the VRAM. I know this works in some 3D game-engines, but I'm so sure about DAZ and Iray.

If there is an answer to this it involves the Shader-Mixer and MDL-bricks.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Have you tried saving only the pose once you've applied the dforce? Then you load the object without applying dforce and merge the pose onto it.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Right, I forgot about that and:
Have you tried saving only the pose once you've applied the dforce? Then you load the object without applying dforce and merge the pose onto it.
dforce won't be saved unless you save it in a scene or scene subset. One possibility might be to export the object from the last frame and reimport it. This might save the dforce.
This method creates a new temporary texture on-the-fly does not help to save VRAM unfortunately. From a shader it should be possible to 'point' to the texture-data, swap the UVs and render it. The GPU just needs to be instructed (via the shader) to read the texture-data in another order (due to the UV-swap), no additional rotated texture copy is required inside the VRAM. I know this works in some 3D game-engines, but I'm so sure about DAZ and Iray.

If there is an answer to this it involves the Shader-Mixer and MDL-bricks.
Hmm, which object are we talking about? And maybe instancing would help?

zipzinger

Aug 13, 2018
i have found that if i export the complete item as a obj it removes all unwanted aplications so i get my beloved results
now i just need to find out how i turn my obj file (who does support saperate textures) back in as a prop so that i have it in daz and not saperated

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
i have found that if i export the complete item as a obj it removes all unwanted aplications so i get my beloved results
now i just need to find out how i turn my obj file (who does support saperate textures) back in as a prop so that i have it in daz and not saperated
Just import and save as prop/figure.

Reactions: zipzinger

zipzinger

Aug 13, 2018
i am now optimizing the curtains with the rings on them than i will redo the export obj part and import and safe as prop thx for the help people ;)
would you like to see the end result?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote