3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Im a bit confused sorry, are you saying that the skin im using is a fake skin for iray?
View attachment 289411
This is the skin im using by the way.
No I was merely considering the possibility :)

Well I just downloaded that character, so the "SSS Color" as option only pops up if you switch SSS Mode to Chromatic. But also the other options there are (IMHO) all weird and wrong. Here is what it looks like after playing around with some of the Altern8 presets for 10 seconds:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And back to that transparency bug - maybe this is really something that is already fixed in the 4.11 beta, you can "buy" that version for free in the DAZ store.

Reactions: Nomec104

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
No I was merely considering the possibility :)

Well I just downloaded that character, so the "SSS Color" as option only pops up if you switch SSS Mode to Chromatic. But also the other options there are (IMHO) all weird and wrong. Here is what it looks like after playing around with some of the Altern8 presets for 10 seconds:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And back to that transparency bug - maybe this is really something that is already fixed in the 4.11 beta, you can "buy" that version for free in the DAZ store.
Well with the model that comes with the skin i have to agree with you, but tbh i don't care really much about the it since whenever i try to create a character i always start with the genesis 3 base model and then i start to mess around with all the morphs slider i got, so the only thing i get to use is the skin xD. I think this is the funniest part in creating a char. Anyway back to the skin topic, i think i'll switch back to the old good skinbuilder 3. The only thing im not happy with SB3 is that you dont have different LIE for the nipples, aside from being able to change the color of them, they result all the same.

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Im a bit confused sorry, are you saying that the skin im using is a fake skin for iray?
It could be a modified Iray Uber shader. As far as I know a shader/material only has to use the MDL ( ) to work with Iray. It's probably common sense to use the Iray Uber shader as default or as starting point when creating custom shaders. Using the Iray Uber shader has the advantage to follow the PBR-approach out of the box ( ). For example one could create a very simply Iray shader that only does the texturing but no other effect like glossiness.

No matter what i do, the more i increase or lower the value of these tabs the more my model become transparent.
It makes sense to achieve the -effect the surface/skin it has to be transparent to a certain depth I guess. It's light passing through flesh on a character ... no clue how that stuff works in detail.

Well the option "SSS Color" definitely doesn't exist in the Iray Uber shaders I checked
Can confirm this for 4.10 and 4.11 beta there is no SSS-Color in the default Iray Uber shader. Pic shows the 'input'-options from the shader mixer in 4.11:
IrayUber inputs.png

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
I'm gonna post it in here too, just in case.

There was a script going around a while ago that you could use to simulate some breast physics in Daz. Unfortunately, I lost it, like the fucking dumbass that I am.

It's called "Breast Physics for G8F v1.01"

It was on the a while ago but the guy who made it decided to remove it for some reason. It's now impossible to find.

I was hoping one of you guys got it before the purge and still has the file.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
i made this curtain with the help of animate and dforce magnets
now i want to safe the end result of only the curtain without animate
i know how to do that on normal items cuz they show up on the timeline
but i do not know how to do that with dforce items who down show up on the time line
The easiest way is to export the curtain as an OBJ and import this OBJ as you want in your scene.
But an other way exist, a bit more complex at first, but much more interesting. You can create a morph from you simulation.

- Do the simulation.
- Make sure and modify if necessary the resolution of the curtain to Base Level (parameters tab). This is very important, it won't work otherwise!
- Makes the whole scene invisible or delete it, except the curtain.
- Export as OBJ. Daz preset is fine.
- Clear the simulation data.
- Edit -> Object -> Morph Loader Pro
. Choose Morph file: Your OBJ (same preset as for export)
. In Item TAB, Reverse Deformation -> right click on NO, select Yes.
. Accept.
- You'll find the new morph in the parameters tab.

Now, you'll be able to open more or less your curtain, the result is much more flexible than using a simple OBJ.

This can be used for nearly everything. Clothes, hairs... And you can create multiple morphs for an object, steps etc.

badcock

Jun 2, 2018
I have a dForce question. I have watched three or four tutorials and read a few more, but evidently haven't found the right ones.

I want to drape the Ring Bikini Panties over an object. It has three surfaces panty, ring, and rivets. Does anyone know how to make the ring and rivets solid so they move, but not deform?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
To date I have done a couple of very simple animations manually using keyframes and they have been mediocre in terms of animation quality. I have been looking into tools to assist with this process and have concluded that both keymate and graphmate will be extremely useful. However when looking into animate2, I have my doubts as to whether it will be of any particular use, except where I want to just use pre-created aniblocks (full figure and partial figure). Am I missing something about animate2 that will make it necessary to produce custom animations?

U

User_286102

i fear that this question is already often asked and that i'm boring you, but i'm tempted

i've seen for a long time a particular thing with renpy, a lot of graphics model, chars or scenes are done with daz studio, i think (i'm not an expert) ahah
but i really dont understand why we always find the same chars in different games and different creators?
you may say that, they arent the same they are alike... no, they are the same girl and the same guy...
creators lend themselves to models to work faster or his models are for sale somewhere?

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
but i really dont understand why we always find the same chars in different games and different creators?
you may say that, they arent the same they are alike... no, they are the same girl and the same guy...
creators lend themselves to models to work faster or his models are for sale somewhere?
simple answer - yes. most of the character models are for sale from daz.

some dev's do make their own characters, while a larger group of dev's heavily tweak store bought assets. then there are some dev's (alot!) that just grab and use whatever is "popular" at the moment.

hell, just browse the daz store and see just how many assets you can identify from playing games here lol :)

Reactions: User_286102

zipzinger

Aug 13, 2018
okey i am trying to render half a chessboard
daz was on 11gb ram after i was done placing it all
i am now trying to render it and daz dumped all ram and looks like its building it up again with 3.5mb per second
can some one explain me what daz usualy does if it goes to render???
and can someone tell if my thing is actualy doing good or bad
50 minutes into actual render time and not 1 ittaration has shown it self yet

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Dumb noob question. I just started playing with daz and was playing around with one of the common (and one of my favorite) models in the game, the Brittany model with Cathy hair. But when I color the hair using iray, it doesn't take on the true color that will eventually show up in the render. Is that something I'm doing wrong? Here's what it looks like.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Dumb noob question. I just started playing with daz and was playing around with one of the common (and one of my favorite) models in the game, the Brittany model with Cathy hair. But when I color the hair using iray, it doesn't take on the true color that will eventually show up in the render. Is that something I'm doing wrong? Here's what it looks like.
View attachment 292460
No i dont think you are doing something wrong, it happens to me too with some hair aassets. When i choose a color for said hairs, the preview looks all messed up but when i start rendering it shows the real color. Also you should remember that the preview port operate in OpenGL and not in Iray and thats why some assets looks screwed up in the first place.

Reactions: Techn0magier

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Thanks, @Nomec104, I appreciate the help! I dl'd a utility that renders in iray on the screen, so that helps a great deal.

Another dumb question from a noob: animations. I see the popular animations have like 200+ frames. Does that mean you are rendering 200+ screens per animation? Seems like that'd take forever.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Thanks, @Nomec104, I appreciate the help! I dl'd a utility that renders in iray on the screen, so that helps a great deal.

Another dumb question from a noob: animations. I see the popular animations have like 200+ frames. Does that mean you are rendering 200+ screens per animation? Seems like that'd take forever.
Sorry i dont know how animation works since i never tried animation... But i would guess that the number of render you have to do are based upon on the total duration of the animation and the refresh rate (frame per second).
So, let's say you do an animation at 60 fps and its duration is 3 seconds the total renders you have to do should be 60*3=180 so yes the program will do 180 render to complete the whole animation

Sleep Walker

Oct 19, 2017
DAZ 3D Image1.jpg Image2.jpg Image4.jpg Image5.jpg Image3.jpg
I know how to switch a laptop on and played with DAZ for a while.
My problem is: I can't download any files from IM. I can't even load DAZ 3D 4.10
I have reinstalled every thing. Clean laptop I have Total 360 virus protection on or off still the same. Even change login name and email.
I have a secondary HDD 1.5TB that I want to install the files on (D:)
Please help, I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what
Thanks Deon

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018

You need about 24 frames / second to make the animation look seamless. When rendering you can render as a movie file or as an image series. Rendering as an image series can have some large benefits in term of reducing the number of frames you actually have to render and also how you can render it. If you have a repetitive motion backwards and forwards you can use the images in order for the forward motion and then reverse the order for the backwards motion. Also the opportunity exists to render in layers, where the characters in motion can be rendered, then placed over a detailed static background. This will reduce the render time per frame, but requires some image editor work.

Also when rendering for a movie, you don't have to achieve the same convergence as you do for a static image. The minor flaws in the separate frames won't really register when you view the video. For example an average quality youtube video looks fine when it is playing, but horrible when you pause and look at a single frame.

Having said all this though, a 200 frame animation of good quality in 1080p would take me 2 to 4 days to render on a GTX1060, depending on scene complexity.

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
You need about 24 frames / second to make the animation look seamless. When rendering you can render as a movie file or as an image series. Rendering as an image series can have some large benefits in term of reducing the number of frames you actually have to render and also how you can render it. If you have a repetitive motion backwards and forwards you can use the images in order for the forward motion and then reverse the order for the backwards motion. Also the opportunity exists to render in layers, where the characters in motion can be rendered, then placed over a detailed static background. This will reduce the render time per frame, but requires some image editor work.

Also when rendering for a movie, you don't have to achieve the same convergence as you do for a static image. The minor flaws in the separate frames won't really register when you view the video. For example an average quality youtube video looks fine when it is playing, but horrible when you pause and look at a single frame.

Having said all this though, a 200 frame animation of good quality in 1080p would take me 2 to 4 days to render on a GTX1060, depending on scene complexity.
Another thing to consider when choosing Image Series X Video is: If something happens (PC turns off, DAZ crashes, whatever)... if you're rendering as a movie you'll lose everything, while rendering as Image Series you'll keep what's already rendered.

Aside from quick test renders, I think it's always best to render as image series.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
I see this pose in every game. But I can't find it. Anyone know what package it's in?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote