3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
There's nothing used on the hidden parameters tab. Also i made another screenshot and as you can see there's like a pair of polygons misplaced that cause this glitch.
View attachment 275463
Guys could someone make just a screenshot of the G3 base model with the NGV7 in the same pose as mine? I wanna see if this glitch happens only to me or is the product that is broken.
I don't have NGV7, so I used NGV8 on a gen3 base model:
Unbenannt.png
The last two values should be the same on your end, these are the pose correctives.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
I don't have NGV7, so I used NGV8 on a gen3 base model:
View attachment 275527
The last two values should be the same on your end, these are the pose correctives.
Oh well nvm bro, thanks for the help you've given me so far. Also i've got too the NGV8 Asset and it works flawlessly, even Golden Palace and JWC works fine... at this point i think its the product itself that is broken.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Oh well nvm bro, thanks for the help you've given me so far. Also i've got too the NGV8 Asset and it works flawlessly, even Golden Palace and JWC works fine... at this point i think its the product itself that is broken.
Yeah, the product or the download or whatever. The good thing about gen3 and gen8 being so similar is that you can use almost every gen8 addon on gen3 or vice versa :)

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
There's nothing used on the hidden parameters tab. Also i made another screenshot and as you can see there's like a pair of polygons misplaced that cause this glitch.
View attachment 275463
Guys could someone make just a screenshot of the G3 base model with the NGV7 in the same pose as mine? I wanna see if this glitch happens only to me or is the product that is broken.
Hidden parameters can be applied to genesis 3 female, and then NGFV 7 follow them, have you checked this?
Even if there is none that is in use (which is very strange), there will be some parameter that should serve to correct this problem (I remember that with NGFV8 I had to use them because in cases where the legs are very separated sometimes does not look good at all).

You can use NGFV 8 on genesis 3 female figure too, but keep in mind that poses and presets made for NGFV 7 doesn't work on NGFV8.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Hidden parameters can be applied to genesis 3 female, and then NGFV 7 follow them, have you checked this?
Even if there is none that is in use (which is very strange), there will be some parameter that should serve to correct this problem (I remember that with NGFV8 I had to use them because in cases where the legs are very separated sometimes does not look good at all).

You can use NGFV 8 on genesis 3 female figure too, but keep in mind that poses and presets made for NGFV 7 doesn't work on NGFV8.
Yeah i already checked, dunno whats wrong with my NGV7

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Yeah i already checked, dunno whats wrong with my NGV7
Ok, FIXED.

Go to "Parameters" tab, right click and select "Show Hidden Propierties", then in parameters tab select NGFV7 and submenu "Hidden"...

...search this parameters and set it to 0:
JCMGensCorrectiveLTS
JCMGensCorrectiveRTS

;)

Reactions: Nomec104

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Ok, FIXED.

Go to "Parameters" tab, right click and select "Show Hidden Propierties", then in parameters tab select NGFV7 and submenu "Hidden"...

...search this parameters and set it to 0:
JCMGensCorrectiveLTS
JCMGensCorrectiveRTS

;)
Thank you so much bro(y)

Reactions: Porcus Dev

badcock

Jun 2, 2018
Just curious if anyone else has the same frustration with Daz Studio that I have.

Part of my normal workflow now is when I'm done with one scene and I want to load another, I open Task Manager and kill the Daz Studio process. Then run a new copy. It's so much faster to let Windows clean up Daz Studio, than letting Daz Studio do the clean up.

The second issue is with duplicate formulas. I get the error message indicating the error is in the duf file I have loaded. It does not reference any dsf files in the log file.

/rant

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Just curious if anyone else has the same frustration with Daz Studio that I have.

Part of my normal workflow now is when I'm done with one scene and I want to load another, I open Task Manager and kill the Daz Studio process. Then run a new copy. It's so much faster to let Windows clean up Daz Studio, than letting Daz Studio do the clean up.

The second issue is with duplicate formulas. I get the error message indicating the error is in the duf file I have loaded. It does not reference any dsf files in the log file.

/rant
DAZ can run multiples instances, so you can open one scene while the other is closing, or open 2 or 3 instances at same time.

You can kill the process, but then you need to kill PostgreSQL too, and perhaps killing the process DAZ can't erase all temporaly files (not important anyway).

For the "duplicate formula" errors, look at log and there you can view what asset is causing the problem, then just go to the folder that causes the problem and delete it (make a backup first, just in case).

badcock

Jun 2, 2018
For the "duplicate formula" errors, look at log and there you can view what asset is causing the problem, then just go to the folder that causes the problem and delete it (make a backup first, just in case).
Yes, that has been the case in the past, but the log file doesn't identify an asset this time. It says it's IN the file I am loading. I'll have to see if I can edit the file.

For dups I add ".dup" to the filename so it's not deleted and Daz won't try and load it afterwards.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Yes, that has been the case in the past, but the log file doesn't identify an asset this time. It says it's IN the file I am loading. I'll have to see if I can edit the file.

For dups I add ".dup" to the filename so it's not deleted and Daz won't try and load it afterwards.
Put the log here if you want or send me via PM, and I take a look at it.

badcock

Jun 2, 2018
2019-04-03 06:30:57.151 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5970): Duplicate formula found linking SCLTorsoLength & FBM Coco in MyScene.duf.
2019-04-03 06:31:29.070 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5970): Duplicate formula found linking Value & FBM Coco in MyScene.duf.

The second line is listed 11 times. MyScene.duf is the file I am loading.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
2019-04-03 06:30:57.151 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5970): Duplicate formula found linking SCLTorsoLength & FBM Coco in MyScene.duf.
2019-04-03 06:31:29.070 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5970): Duplicate formula found linking Value & FBM Coco in MyScene.duf.

The second line is listed 11 times. MyScene.duf is the file I am loading.
Yes, because your .DUF is trying to load duplicated formulas, this is normal, but I think that in log file there is more info... if you can upload the whole log, it would be best to try to help you :p

redle

Apr 12, 2017

/rant
Well, that's because Windows is NOT cleaning up Daz Studio. Wow... it takes forever for these trains to stop when they do so with their brakes. I find that if I simply have the tracks end at the base of a cliff the trains stop instantly as soon as it runs into the mountain. No waiting required. Sure, Daz terminates faster, but the same things are not being done in both cases.

It is possible nothing bad will come of you essentially crashing Daz over and over, but it is far from a certainty. If the Daz database has changes marked that are not fully committed; if the program is in the middle of writing to disk or database; if multiple scenarios... you do run the risk of corrupting whatever is in a half-state. There's also the issue that you likely leave temporary files on your hard drive. Depending on how the files are marked within the operating system and on Daz rules will depend when the computer will spend processing cycles cleaning those up or if they will just permanently be left taking up space. You also possibly simply move some of the waiting. The database clean-up may simply wait until the next time you try to read from it. So you may be increasing your load time by decreasing your shutdown time.

Not to mention there are generally crash reports/logs made when programs are terminated abnormally. These files, although they do not take up much disk space, do tend to just lie around forever.

badcock

Jun 2, 2018
Yes, because your .DUF is trying to load duplicated formulas, this is normal, but I think that in log file there is more info... if you can upload the whole log, it would be best to try to help you :p
I went back and loaded G3F into a new scene and found the issue. That gave me information that loading an existing scene file did not.

Reactions: Porcus Dev

palermo

Oct 19, 2018
I wanna create a game, yet, i have problems with my pc specs. For example i have only 4GB RAM as video, and my renders in Daz3D sucks..even if i work it a bit with photoshop. My question is..what software i should use for a better experience in the renders, or , should i use another platform to create my games on? I'm trying now on Ren'Py, but since my images are not quite good.. To mention: i can't buy another video card at the moment.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I wanna create a game, yet, i have problems with my pc specs. For example i have only 4GB RAM as video, and my renders in Daz3D sucks..even if i work it a bit with photoshop. My question is..what software i should use for a better experience in the renders, or , should i use another platform to create my games on? I'm trying now on Ren'Py, but since my images are not quite good.. To mention: i can't buy another video card at the moment.
To make a game similar to the majority here on F95 then all you really need for software is Renpy and DAZ.

If you are not happy with your renders then you just need to keep working on it. I've been dicking around with DAZ for about a year now and still haven't achieved any level of proficiency, my ADD doesn't help. But I keep working on it every once in awhile and learn new stuff.

I started with a GTX 750 Ti video card which has 4GM of vram and it was enough. You will not be able to create the most elaborate scenes, but you can still create satisfactory images. Good Luck.

Reactions: palermo
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote