3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
So about Powerpose, is there a function to move mouse through only one direction?
I find it quite irritating when I am moving down my mouse but Daz 3d also reads input
from accidently moving mouse left and right a bit.

lol I was just using powerpose :LOL:
I don't think so but morphs used by powerpose can also be found in parameter pane, select your head and go under head>pose control>head>part of the head you want to morph/correct mistake/lock.

DAZStudio_Q1MFTEfHHc.png

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
Has anyone come across this weird blurry visual bug using Golden Palace? I replicated it on all the characters I made and it's only visible on the darker skinned ones, although I guess it still happens on the lighter ones but it's not as visible. These are finished renders with the default HDRI and intensity, but if I increase the intensity or change the camera angle then the effect fades a bit but it's always there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Has anyone come across this weird blurry visual bug using Golden Palace? I replicated it on all the characters I made and it's only visible on the darker skinned ones, although I guess it still happens on the lighter ones but it's not as visible. These are finished renders with the default HDRI and intensity, but if I increase the intensity or change the camera angle then the effect fades a bit but it's always there.

It's the smallest single part of the body, but uses the same texture size every other part uses, so if there is a bump, normal, or displacement map, it distorts the light that hit's the area, and since the texture size is so big on such a tiny part, iray has to compute more detail than on the rest of the body.
Hope that makes sense to you, but if not: reduce the texture size, use more iterations, or use more light.

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
It's the smallest single part of the body, but uses the same texture size every other part uses, so if there is a bump, normal, or displacement map, it distorts the light that hit's the area, and since the texture size is so big on such a tiny part, iray has to compute more detail than on the rest of the body.
Hope that makes sense to you, but if not: reduce the texture size, use more iterations, or use more light.
I understand, I noticed the times it wasn't as visible were when the light was stronger, therefore the render went through more iterations, I can do something about that. How do I reduce the texture size though? I'm only hitting the "Copy Texture" script and I'm not too used to messing with the Surfaces tab yet.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I understand, I noticed the times it wasn't as visible were when the light was stronger, therefore the render went through more iterations, I can do something about that. How do I reduce the texture size though? I'm only hitting the "Copy Texture" script and I'm not too used to messing with the Surfaces tab yet.
Scene Optimizer or any possible image editing program.

Reactions: DoomedForever

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
I'm very confused on how EcVh0's Iray Pale Skin Shader for Genesis 8 Female(s) works.. I first tried to: have the g8f selected and double-click on "Realistic Shader.. - Torso" and nothing happens.

kaboomer69 mentioned: "3. Select the main G3/8 figure, open its Surfaces, and select only the Torso."
So I select again my G8 figure go to "Surfaces" tab (on the right, right?) and I don't see option to select "just the torso" anywhere. I am not sure if this is the way to open "its" surfaces, how do I open "its" surfaces?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I'm very confused on how EcVh0's Iray Pale Skin Shader for Genesis 8 Female(s) works.. I first tried to: have the g8f selected and double-click on "Realistic Shader.. - Torso" and nothing happens.

kaboomer69 mentioned: "3. Select the main G3/8 figure, open its Surfaces, and select only the Torso."
So I select again my G8 figure go to "Surfaces" tab (on the right, right?) and I don't see option to select "just the torso" anywhere. I am not sure if this is the way to open "its" surfaces, how do I open "its" surfaces?

DAZStudio_Ycrf8eb9or.png

Reactions: heretic1

DillyD

Dec 22, 2019
I have a question for iClone users (preferably ones who obtained it from non-legit sources). Made a post about it over in dev help but it might be better suited here. Basically, whenever I try to export to .fbx using the Unity or Unreal presets, iClone crashes. I found out this is probably happening because iClone is in the trial version, but the iClone version I downloaded was listed as the Pro version and yet it still seems to be stuck in trial mode even after following instructions. Has anyone been able to get iClone out of trial mode successfully? Or does anyone know a workaround for exporting characters using the Unreal .fbx preset in the trial mode?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hi, I am planning on buying some assets on DAZ shop,
but what is the best deal DAZ shop can offer during the past?
Is it 40% discount the best they can offer no matter what?

P.S: I am not up for a plantium mebmership.
They have better deals, they do 70% regulary, sometimes even more, and sometimes you can get some stuff for free when you buy a single item.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
70%? You mean by combining with coupon code?
Actually I am having problems with applying coupon.
It just keeps saying 'not valid".
Sometimes with, sometimes without a code. They also have seasonal event's, Christmas for example would've been a good time to buy stuff.
There should be two code fields, one for coupon codes, and one for gift card codes.

Btw think well before you buy stuff, don't just buy stuff because it looks fancy, or you'll be loosing a lot of money for nothing.
I'm a dev doing a game with Daz renders, and I haven't even spend a 200 bucks on Daz assets, and yet, none of the assets I use are stolen/pirated, I either bought them (a few), use free stuff, or my own assets ;)

F22232425

Dec 2, 2017
Sometimes with, sometimes without a code. They also have seasonal event's, Christmas for example would've been a good time to buy stuff.
There should be two code fields, one for coupon codes, and one for gift card codes.

Btw think well before you buy stuff, don't just buy stuff because it looks fancy, or you'll be loosing a lot of money for nothing.
I'm a dev doing a game with Daz renders, and I haven't even spend a 200 bucks on Daz assets, and yet, none of the assets I use are stolen/pirated, I either bought them (a few), use free stuff, or my own assets ;)
Well, I can wait for a while since I am still a newbie to rendering.

Reactions: recreation

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hi, I am planning on buying some assets on DAZ shop,
but what is the best deal DAZ shop can offer during the past?
Is it 40% discount the best they can offer no matter what?

P.S: I am not up for a plantium mebmership.
I would suggest you install the addon to your browser. It will give you all of the historical pricing for any asset. The asset pricing fluctuates all over the place and it really is a matter of waiting till it's heavily discounted or there is a deal going. If you are purchasing a significant amount of assets the Platinum Club is a worthwhile investment. You will also find that Platinum Club pricing as also discounted by up to 50% at times.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
What do you guys do to smooth out the areas around and under the breasts? Making anything that's not a bikini or skin tight clothing look minimally realistic on busty girls is a pain in the ass. Fit Control and Mesh Grabber help a little, but mostly just distort and stretch the mesh (maybe I'm using them wrongly).

The second image is from "dForce H&C Sportswear Outfit" after a simulation, and while it does drape like it should around the stomach it still keeps the stupid potato sack effect around the breasts.

Even some small breasts that I've used still create small bumpy stretches like in the third image just because they don't use the 3 or 4 basic default Genesis 8 morphs even though they're actually smaller than the default ones.

Any tips?

FitControl will do it without much distortion, but you REALLY have to work at it using the 5 or 6 smothers as well as some other options. You basically have to smooth with one, maybe lower the breast then smooth with another and keep repeating the process, sometimes going back and fiddling more. If you want it to look good, then you're going to have to waste time as there's no other options for smoothing it out.

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
So I started playing around with all the different genital options out there and doing sex scenes and I must say I'm pretty damn overwhelmed. They all have so many options and add-ons available. Pose packs either specify they are made for x genitals or only provide the body poses leaving the genital posing to the user. I'm guessing it will involve A LOT of trial and error to get right but I'm up for it.

My question is what genitals do you guys suggest using in terms of variety, flexibility and compatibility? I've checked out the default G8 ones, XY, Dicktator, Golden Palace and NGV8 and I don't particularly dislike any of them aesthetically so I'd prefer to go for the ones that offer more potential.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
So I started playing around with all the different genital options out there and doing sex scenes and I must say I'm pretty damn overwhelmed. They all have so many options and add-ons available. Pose packs either specify they are made for x genitals or only provide the body poses leaving the genital posing to the user. I'm guessing it will involve A LOT of trial and error to get right but I'm up for it.

My question is what genitals do you guys suggest using in terms of variety, flexibility and compatibility? I've checked out the default G8 ones, XY, Dicktator, Golden Palace and NGV8 and I don't particularly dislike any of them aesthetically so I'd prefer to go for the ones that offer more potential.
It's tricky to answer since once you know how to pose efficiently (active pose tool+rotations), they are all valid options. Just pick what you like more. I prefer G8/XY/NVG8 myself, not a huge fan of the others two but that's me.

Manifold

Jan 14, 2018
Hey all,

Noobie request.

I'm checking out the Ultimate Make up pack for genesis 8. They talk about options. Does anybody know about an intuitive way of playing around with those options, once you load a particular feature of the pack? I've figured that by showing assets in content library all features seem to be there, including those "options", which don't turn out to be sliders allowing to tweek the level of make-up you've loaded, but are just additional Material icons to add.

Just wanted to know if there was another way of accessing these features, and if you can tweak manually the UMU materials loaded.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote