3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
What do you guys do to smooth out the areas around and under the breasts? Making anything that's not a bikini or skin tight clothing look minimally realistic on busty girls is a pain in the ass. Fit Control and Mesh Grabber help a little, but mostly just distort and stretch the mesh (maybe I'm using them wrongly).

The second image is from "dForce H&C Sportswear Outfit" after a simulation, and while it does drape like it should around the stomach it still keeps the stupid potato sack effect around the breasts.

Even some small breasts that I've used still create small bumpy stretches like in the third image just because they don't use the 3 or 4 basic default Genesis 8 morphs even though they're actually smaller than the default ones.

Any tips?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
What do you guys do to smooth out the areas around and under the breasts? Making anything that's not a bikini or skin tight clothing look minimally realistic on busty girls is a pain in the ass. Fit Control and Mesh Grabber help a little, but mostly just distort and stretch the mesh (maybe I'm using them wrongly).

The second image is from "dForce H&C Sportswear Outfit" after a simulation, and while it does drape like it should around the stomach it still keeps the stupid potato sack effect around the breasts.

Even some small breasts that I've used still create small bumpy stretches like in the third image just because they don't use the 3 or 4 basic default Genesis 8 morphs even though they're actually smaller than the default ones.

Any tips?

Increase "smoothing iterations" on the clothes.
Sometimes a value between 10 and 20 will work, other times you may need a higher value (NOTE: This may cause you to lose some detail in the natural wrinkles of the dress)

There are also utilities specially designed for this, although I can't tell you if they work well or not, I usually solve it by changing the value I mentioned.

UPDATED: BTW, Some clothes may not have smoothing, but you can always add it yourself, in the menu "Edit" > "Object" > "Geometry" > "Add Smoothing Modifier".

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018

Any tips?

Marvelous Designer can do wonder for that purpose.

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
Increase "smoothing iterations" on the clothes.
Sometimes a value between 10 and 20 will work, other times you may need a higher value (NOTE: This may cause you to lose some detail in the natural wrinkles of the dress)

There are also utilities specially designed for this, although I can't tell you if they work well or not, I usually solve it by changing the value I mentioned.

UPDATED: BTW, Some clothes may not have smoothing, but you can always add it yourself, in the menu "Edit" > "Object" > "Geometry" > "Add Smoothing Modifier".
OMG! Thank you so much, this is it! Now just a quick fix to the poke throughs and I'm set! Between 10 to 20 iterations made them look pretty decent already but I cranked it up a bit and it looks even better: 120 on the first and 70 on the second, though 15 on the small chest one was enough.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
OMG! Thank you so much, this is it! Now just a quick fix to the poke throughs and I'm set! Between 10 to 20 iterations made them look pretty decent already but I cranked it up a bit and it looks even better: 120 on the first and 70 on the second, though 15 on the small chest one was enough.

Good! Now you only need to use the Fit Control for these pokes, and it also helps to better position the part of the clothing between the breasts, or to cover them, lol ;)

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
is there a thread or tutorial that explains everything step by step how to get a genitalia + skin + morphs working - from installing, finding in DAZ, applying, adjusting and using..? I've spent over 5 hours trying all kinds of stuff and nothing works..

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
is there a thread or tutorial that explains everything step by step how to get a genitalia + skin + morphs working - from installing, finding in DAZ, applying, adjusting and using..? I've spent over 5 hours trying all kinds of stuff and nothing works..
Here is an outline of how to apply the most used ones:
https://f95zone.to/threads/can-not-...emale-genitilia-sex-organ.28828/#post-2000881

And here's a link to how to install it, and some essential morphs for the characters:
https://f95zone.to/threads/3d-software-help-and-assistance-ask-away.11702/page-37#post-1940031
* The morphs of the genitals are included in their corresponding assets, although then there are some add-ons that give more possibilities of movement or textures.

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
Thanks for the link, but it appears my problem is more weird - I can't find the "New Genitalia for Victoria 8 (NGVF8)" in my Daz Studio even though I installed it and found it in the Library files.. Something is wrong with categorizing it I guess but I just don't know where else to look - it's not under "Lost and Found".. Is there any way to search for them?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Thanks for the link, but it appears my problem is more weird - I can't find the "New Genitalia for Victoria 8 (NGVF8)" in my Daz Studio even though I installed it and found it in the Library files.. Something is wrong with categorizing it I guess but I just don't know where else to look - it's not under "Lost and Found".. Is there any way to search for them?
Non-Daz Store products are not installed via DIM, so you don't see them in "Smart Content" (although you can use utilities to do so).
In case of manual installation, you will find it in "Content Librery"; here is an explanation of how to install (copy) and where to find them:

HFSTime

Jul 13, 2019
OK, hopefully someone here might have some ideas on an problem I'm trying to solve. Because for the life me what I've done so far isn't getting the results I want.

I'm using the Catgirl Megapack ( ) to do fan art of a character in DS 4.12. The problem I'm running into has to do with her human ears. Short version: I don't want them there. Now the assets does have patches to cover them. The problem is texture wise they're only set up to work with the Catgirl textures. But since this is more of an anime style catgirl I need the patches to match her skin. This is where I'm running into trouble.

If I apply the patches as is you get the typical "render white" in IRay. If I try to use the normal G8F basemap for them I get this:

1579226236256.png

I've tried like hell to adjust the diffuse color and specular color to get things to match but I've not been able to get there. One thing I have noticed was that when I was looking at the surface settings for her face there's a ton more options (i.e., translucency color and transmitted color). I'm guessing that's because the ear patches aren't true anatomy pieces. If I can figure out the color matching I can change the base map to get rid of the folds of the human ear. But I can't really do that until then.

Any ideas?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
OK, hopefully someone here might have some ideas on an problem I'm trying to solve. Because for the life me what I've done so far isn't getting the results I want.

I'm using the Catgirl Megapack ( ) to do fan art of a character in DS 4.12. The problem I'm running into has to do with her human ears. Short version: I don't want them there. Now the assets does have patches to cover them. The problem is texture wise they're only set up to work with the Catgirl textures. But since this is more of an anime style catgirl I need the patches to match her skin. This is where I'm running into trouble.

If I apply the patches as is you get the typical "render white" in IRay. If I try to use the normal G8F basemap for them I get this:

View attachment 519188

I've tried like hell to adjust the diffuse color and specular color to get things to match but I've not been able to get there. One thing I have noticed was that when I was looking at the surface settings for her face there's a ton more options (i.e., translucency color and transmitted color). I'm guessing that's because the ear patches aren't true anatomy pieces. If I can figure out the color matching I can change the base map to get rid of the folds of the human ear. But I can't really do that until then.

Any ideas?
The issue you are having here is not the settings of the skin it is the skin map used. What you need to do to fix the issue is to create a custom skin map for use with the ear patch. Based upon what I can see it is using your current head texture map for the patch. What you need to do is create a copy of the head texture map and modify the portion where the ears are shown. I would grab a fairly featureless portion of the texture map (forehead) and copy it over the ears. you will need a section larger than the ears as can be seen by the white portion around the ear patch you have in your image. The other setting should be the same as your face surface so that it blends seemlessly.

HFSTime

Jul 13, 2019
The issue you are having here is not the settings of the skin it is the skin map used. What you need to do to fix the issue is to create a custom skin map for use with the ear patch. Based upon what I can see it is using your current head texture map for the patch. What you need to do is create a copy of the head texture map and modify the portion where the ears are shown. I would grab a fairly featureless portion of the texture map (forehead) and copy it over the ears. you will need a section larger than the ears as can be seen by the white portion around the ear patch you have in your image. The other setting should be the same as your face surface so that it blends seemlessly.
Well I did that... and I ran into the same exact problem where for some reason most of the inner part is darker than the rest regardless of what I did. I decide to see what the original textures would do in this case...

1579259036468.png

That's one of the original textures. And it has the same issue. So I went back and did the full asset load to sanity check myself...

1579259130885.png

And it worked fine (not sure what up with the cat ear textures in the preview though). So if I had to make a guess the ear caps are only designed to work with the full asset load. Well yay.

Anyone else know of a good way to not have human ears?

Jul 24, 2018
For some reason the dforce part of my guy hair has randomly stopped appearing, how can I fix it? Never once touched dforce or the hair on this guy, all I been doing was just posing and moving him around the scene.

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
What's the best way to do the "background flavor" parts of your renders? For example if I'm doing a diner scene, I want to have an urban backdrop outside the windows and a few random people inside going about their day, apart from the main characters and the props which are the focus of the scene. How do I add the backdrop to the scene and some extra people, without nuking the render times? Should i just slap a primitive on the other side of the windows and google some city stock photos?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote