3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Hey bro do I have to select both models for this pose ?
If you could screenshot posing procedure too that would be a great help.

You select one character at a time. On the screen capture you posted all the poses are for the female only (as stated in the description) so select your female character then select the pose. Then select your male ccharacter and scroll through your list of poses until you find the same pose but for the male, and then select.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
ok lets see if I can make this question simple, I want to try to build a very basic renpy visual novel (I know nothing) I have downloaded renpy and am learning it right now, but as for images I want to create my own images, the rooms etc can be prefab until I learn more but I want to make one model and learn posing etc (the model can be prefab as long as I can customize it). where should I start?

I don't have any of the rendering software I didn't want to load and waste time trying to learn something that would be a complete waste of time. ( i have terrabytes worth of space due to my custom hybrid computer build so I dont care if the software and resources are huge I just dont want junk that wont work well with ren)

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
ok lets see if I can make this question simple, I want to try to build a very basic renpy visual novel (I know nothing) I have downloaded renpy and am learning it right now, but as for images I want to create my own images, the rooms etc can be prefab until I learn more but I want to make one model and learn posing etc (the model can be prefab as long as I can customize it). where should I start?

I don't have any of the rendering software I didn't want to load and waste time trying to learn something that would be a complete waste of time. ( i have terrabytes worth of space due to my custom hybrid computer build so I dont care if the software and resources are huge I just dont want junk that wont work well with ren)
Most of the images within VN's on this site are created either in Daz3D or Honey Select. Which one you use is largely dependent upon what graphical style you wish your VN to have. Honey Select is more cartoon like / manga style and games such as Harem Hotel use this software. Daz3D creates more realistic images, however also takes longer to render each image than what Honey Select does. Games such as Milfy City and my game use Daz software.

As far as getting up and going I can elaborate on Daz3D, as this is the software I am familiar with. The base program is free, however the assets used to create nice renders are for sale on the Daz store. There are however sites, including this one, where you can pirate the assets. For experimenting, I'm sure the content creators wouldn't mind too much that you pirate the assets. Should you create a VN and secure income from sites such as Patreon, you really need to be procuring these assets. To give some perspective, for a high quality VN you will likely need 200+ assets to create the content. Hence whilst the rendering engine is free, the cumulative cost of the assets is actually quite high.

Daz3D is not particularly difficult to use, however knowledge of lighting / photography is required to produce good images. There are a large quantity of tutorials to help you to learn Daz, including the ones you can find in the thread linked in my sig.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Most of the images within VN's on this site are created either in Daz3D or Honey Select. Which one you use is largely dependent upon what graphical style you wish your VN to have. Honey Select is more cartoon like / manga style and games such as Harem Hotel use this software. Daz3D creates more realistic images, however also takes longer to render each image than what Honey Select does. Games such as Milfy City and my game use Daz software.

As far as getting up and going I can elaborate on Daz3D, as this is the software I am familiar with. The base program is free, however the assets used to create nice renders are for sale on the Daz store. There are however sites, including this one, where you can pirate the assets. For experimenting, I'm sure the content creators wouldn't mind too much that you pirate the assets. Should you create a VN and secure income from sites such as Patreon, you really need to be procuring these assets. To give some perspective, for a high quality VN you will likely need 200+ assets to create the content. Hence whilst the rendering engine is free, the cumulative cost of the assets is actually quite high.

Daz3D is not particularly difficult to use, however knowledge of lighting / photography is required to produce good images. There are a large quantity of tutorials to help you to learn Daz, including the ones you can find in the thread linked in my sig.
I have no intention of doing this for money, I just like learning new things, I have a large collection of expensive hobbies already (HAM radio, building custom motorcycles, Fishing, Marine fish tanks, macro photography, Tattoo design and more) so that's not a worry but I don't want to throw away money either. I will download both daz and honey select and play around with them a bit.

I personally like both styles as long as they are not too cartoony, harem hotel is a great example of not too cartoony, Though generally I prefer games like Melody or music lessons, my first will be no where near that complex. I have the story line partially completed. and I want to go very basic in the beginning since I am learning both rendering and how to build the game in Ren.

Thank you for your input

I"m sure I will have a ton of questions.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I have daz all downloaded and installed but I cant find honey select other than as a video game? can anyone provide a safe link? (is that allowed?)

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
I have daz all downloaded and installed but I cant find honey select other than as a video game? can anyone provide a safe link? (is that allowed?)
Yes Honey Select is a "game" but it also has a poser to make your own poses and scenes. It has a big modding community and most pictures you see in the games you can find here are mostly made with modded things.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Yes Honey Select is a "game" but it also has a poser to make your own poses and scenes. It has a big modding community and most pictures you see in the games you can find here are mostly made with modded things.
Thanks man, I wanted to make sure I got the right software (not that I couldn't delete the wrong stuff but I didn't want to waste my time) I appreciate it.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
So is dForce necessary if you don't work on animations?
Thank you for answering.
Not necessary.
Tho, some rare assets (like a poncho or a veil) need a dForce pass. Or some others (generally long dress, built with dForce in mind) need a dForce pass to look better, but in most case no.

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
How would I go about smoothing out inconsistencies like these at the bends behind the knees? (thigh and calf overlapping instead of colliding and pressing against eachother)
When it's something like hand or fingers going through the body I can just move the hand out so it's barely touching but on bigger areas like these I don't know what to do.
In fact it's been pretty hard to deal with body collision both with itself and clothing pieces (dForce attempts by following tutorials end up exploding or barely making a diference most of the time) so any helpful tips on this subject are apreciated!
help.jpg

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
How would I go about smoothing out inconsistencies like these at the bends behind the knees? (thigh and calf overlapping instead of colliding and pressing against eachother)
When it's something like hand or fingers going through the body I can just move the hand out so it's barely touching but on bigger areas like these I don't know what to do.
In fact it's been pretty hard to deal with body collision both with itself and clothing pieces (dForce attempts by following tutorials end up exploding or barely making a diference most of the time) so any helpful tips on this subject are apreciated!
View attachment 507999
Try .
Look for parameter>pose controls>!Leg Bend controller
Result may vary, you can "cheat" a little for a pose using another legs morphs.

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
Try .
Look for parameter>pose controls>!Leg Bend controller
Result may vary, you can "cheat" a little for a pose using another legs morphs.
Thanks a lot! Looks promising, I'll try it out!
I've been using Fit Control to fix clothing poke-throughs to decent effect so this should suffice too.
I don't quite get what you mean in the last sentence by "using another leg's morphs" though.

RandomFarmer

Jul 3, 2017
Hey guys I was wondering if I was the only one who has this problem with dforce where the clothes just blobs to hell. It does happen for all clothes, and the time to finish takes forever.
QC.JPG

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hey guys I was wondering if I was the only one who has this problem with dforce where the clothes just blobs to hell. It does happen for all clothes, and the time to finish takes forever.
View attachment 509313
The problem you are having with the simulation relates to the nature in which the character is posed. During the pose transition you will have a body part moving through the fabric which stretches the fabric and the resultant recoil gives what you have above. To rectify you need to do one of the following:
- Adjust final pose such that pose transition doesn't have items scraping through the fabric.
- Create a small animation such that pose transition doesn't scrape through fabric.
- Hide the items that is scraping through the fabric.
- Remove the pose transition from the simulation completely and just do stabilization (Pose Transition Time --> 0).

To increase the speed of the simulation:
- Hide any items in the scene that aren't directly involved in the simulation.
- Lower the collision mode from Best to Better.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Fpr daz3d there are some assets I have downloaded of characters that don't seem to have a .duf file. You need to first load the base gen model and then find the character and apply their settings. Is there anyway to do this, and then create a duf file so that I won't have to do it again in the future?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Fpr daz3d there are some assets I have downloaded of characters that don't seem to have a .duf file. You need to first load the base gen model and then find the character and apply their settings. Is there anyway to do this, and then create a duf file so that I won't have to do it again in the future?
Typically directly under the character folder in Genesis 8 Female you will have a single button for each character that will load a G8F figure and then apply the skin / morph etc.

Once you have tweaked you character to your requirements, the best way to save is via a scene subset. Get you character with hair asset / clothing etc and place in a group (create\new group). Then save the group as a scene subset (file\save as\scene subset). You will then find this character under My Library\Scene Subsets, where you can load into any scene (complete with hair / clothing / pose etc).

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
so lets talk cpu gpu settings? where do I find and set that so my gpu is pulling the load (pun intended)?

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Typically directly under the character folder in Genesis 8 Female you will have a single button for each character that will load a G8F figure and then apply the skin / morph etc.
This one doesn't come with one. The read-me specifically states that I need to first load up Victoria 8, and then go to the character folder (of the body asset I want) and apply the body / face dufs from that folder. It doesn't come with a single character load with everything applied. That's why I was asking if it was possible to create a duf since I do want a single click option under the character folder.

gagamel1

Donor
Nov 17, 2017
I have a question about rendering.
I have a 1080Ti but when I render the CPU is at 100% and the GPU only under 10%.
Is that normal?
Thanks in advance.

Aug 30, 2019
I have a question about rendering.
I have a 1080Ti but when I render the CPU is at 100% and the GPU only under 10%.
Is that normal?
Thanks in advance.
How much do you have in your scene? Make sure you have CPU rendering off and GPU rendering on. If it's on, one cause of Daz dropping to CPU rendering is because your scene exceeds your GPU's VRAM. Hide or delete anything that isn't onscreen. Reduce the texture size of anything far away from the camera or affected by depth of field. Scene Optimiser can help with that.

Reactions: gagamel1
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote