3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
Hi, I just recently started delving into Daz Studio and to create the skin for a model I wanted I used Skin Builder 8. It took a bit of trial and error but I got this tanned look with freckles that was just what i was looking for. I got by mixing 50 Light Texture with 60 Medium on the first panel. The only problem is the palms are way too pale (1st pic) compared to the rest of the body for some reason. I tested the same parameters on the base Genesis 8 model (my model was a mix of different morphs) and it turned out the same. Most other darker skin mixes I tried with Skin Builder ended up the same. I know palms are supposed to be lighter than the rest of the body but I'm not sure it should be by this much. Depending on the lighting they may even look outright white. Is there a way to specificaly edit the palm texture and make it a tad bit darker or is there something I'm missing about Skin Builder?

Also skin textures is something I'm really struggling with, apart from Skin Builder trial and erroring I don't know what's the best way to go about it to make unique skins that don't look like bland one color coatings, what do you guys suggest?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

boerse660

Apr 8, 2019
I need this product.
Where to download?
MoneyShotz For G3M Dicktator

Only need a version for Genesis 3.
Genesis 8 is not needed!
Thank you.

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
So a total noob question. I DL a few things asset wise off F95. I've put stuff where I think they go concerning the library. However, half of the things I dl either show up as invalid or flat out dont show up. Everything is G8F compatible. Where is the proper place to put stuff/the best place to put it?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Reactions: JustNotFatal

DillyD

Dec 22, 2019
Hey guys, I'm trying to ID this shirt/pants combo from the promo images for this and it doesn't seem to be included in the 'Additional Products used in Promo Images' section. If anyone knows what either of them are I would really appreciate it.
Capture.PNG

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Also skin textures is something I'm really struggling with, apart from Skin Builder trial and erroring I don't know what's the best way to go about it to make unique skins that don't look like bland one color coatings, what do you guys suggest?
Long story short you will need some help with external programs. For your palm problem I would try Photoshop with the burn tool to slightly darken area you want but you also may want to take a look at the specular map too.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
if i am creating a room do i create the whole thing in Daz
as said, generally not, you can though create a whole room and way more in daz yourself, which is good if you want a more distinctive look.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Hey guys, I'm trying to ID this shirt/pants combo from the promo images for this and it doesn't seem to be included in the 'Additional Products used in Promo Images' section. If anyone knows what either of them are I would really appreciate it.
View attachment 493966

Just came across his while browsing the store:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
How to create POV camera to Genesis 8 figure in DAZ Studio?
I followed Youtube instruction which is quite old as it's for G2 by
parenting a camera to an eye of the figure, but it doesn't work as expected
when rendering which only gives dark sight.
I tried that method at first, but it's not comfortable, you always have to move the character's head to get the angle you want... it's better to hide the character's head and place a camera where you think the eye is.

You can use this to quickly hide/show body parts:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I just moved the camera a bit out of eye to prevent being blocked.
Now I need to work on solving the width because the sight seems so narrow.
And also the light problem, I am still newbie using default headlight.
Lowering the value 50 will cause the image to be too distorted... keep in mind that the camera doesn't always have to be exactly where the eye would be, sometimes you have to " trick" it, lol

Also, if you don't hide the head this causes the camera to be even closer to the shot you want to make, and that makes it more difficult... better to hide the head and you'll have more space to work with the camera.

As for the light from the camera itself (headlight) it's advisable not to use it; or at least not to use just that one as the result will be an image that will seem too "flat".
The normal thing to do is to turn off that light and use other types of lights; 2 minimum or 3 (don't use many more either since that will lengthen the rendering time a lot)... and you can also use HDRI (Dome) to have a light that comes from the 360 degrees.
I only use the headlight in very dark scenes where I want to illuminate what is right in front of the camera; but I use very low values (0.1 for example) and always together with other lights.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Thanks, I have another problem, my POV camera can only see within a small angle range, like only being to see what's in front but failed to see the ground below, LOL.

Perhaps I should go reading the user guide for camera settings again.
I don't know exactly what you mean... if you upload some screenshots it might help :p

To change the angle of the camera you have to change the "Focal Lenght" or "Focal Width" parameters.

EJ3005

Aug 7, 2018
"Auto Face Enhancer HD With Power Pose for Genesis 8 Male" doesn't finish downloading. It keeps stopping at 83%. I reinstalled it plenty of times. Online and offline. Any reasons why this keeps happening?

boerse660

Apr 8, 2019
I need this products.
Where to download?

1. Arena Core Pack For Daz Studio 4.8+

2. Arena Expansion Pack 1 For Daz Studio 4.8+

Only need a version for Daz Studio.
Poser version is not needed!
Thank you.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote