3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
That's a very windy basement to get that much hair movement.

Anyway I would try asking on the official forum see if somebody knows what you did. My last thought is that you accidentally activated some wierd as function hidden in the 7th layer of some random menu, which barely anybody knows exist. But that would be such a wierd thing to randomly happen.

If you haven't changed much of the default settings, you could try resetting everything back to default, maybe that fixes it. It's a long shot though.

empeteror

Jul 11, 2018
Hi I have a question about the workings of octane in daz. I'm a newbie in rendering but I read that octane is much faster so I wanted to give it a try. I downloaded the free tier and woah it really is fast! However my my characters are not rendered correctly and I'm not sure why. While I rendered an enviroment almost perfectly with it, several materials are missing from characters. Are they iray exclusive or I just have to set up octane better? Can I copy the iray materials to octane in some way? I used Skin Builder 8 and Golden Palace genitalia for this example model:
itray.png octane.png
itray renderoctane render

Bonus question: how can I make the place of the lights dissapear in iray?:D

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hi I have a question about the workings of octane in daz. I'm a newbie in rendering but I read that octane is much faster so I wanted to give it a try. I downloaded the free tier and woah it really is fast! However my my characters are not rendered correctly and I'm not sure why. While I rendered an enviroment almost perfectly with it, several materials are missing from characters. Are they iray exclusive or I just have to set up octane better? Can I copy the iray materials to octane in some way? I used Skin Builder 8 and Golden Palace genitalia for this example model:
Bonus question: how can I make the place of the lights dissapear in iray?:D
I experimented with Octane last week as a result of the Daz memory management issues. The rendering engine functions quite differently to Daz as the surfaces function differently. The node editor within Octane is the control interface for adjusting how Octane manipulates the iRay surfaces to create a single Octane surface. To get the most out of the Octane plugin, you need to gain familiarity with the operation of this interface. No matter how skilled you get, the Octane result will never be quite the same as the iRay result.

With specific reference to the Gens, there is a problem with the node mapping. Essentially the plugin is incorrectly interpreting the iRay surfaces and creating an incorrect Octane surface. The Gens node mapping needs to be adjusted such that it is similar to the torso node map. If the gens has a 3Delight material option, Octane will likely do a better job of correctly processing this surface.

I have since abandoned using Octane as the game I am currently creating uses Daz iRay assets. Everything looks different in Octane and correcting / adjusting almost every surface to get it look a little closer to the Daz result was a major pain. I also use HDRI's with the iRay Interior Camera to allow the HDRI to light in interior scenes. This simply isn't possible within Octane.

Octane is by no means a poor rendering engine, it is just different to Daz. I might use it in future for another game, however would largely abandon the iRay surfaces and use Octane designed surfaces instead.

With your bonus question, if you are referring to the black circle in your iRay render (guessing a spotlight), select light \ parameters tab \ Render Emitter --> off.

empeteror

Jul 11, 2018
I experimented with Octane last week as a result of the Daz memory management issues. The rendering engine functions quite differently to Daz as the surfaces function differently. The node editor within Octane is the control interface for adjusting how Octane manipulates the iRay surfaces to create a single Octane surface. To get the most out of the Octane plugin, you need to gain familiarity with the operation of this interface. No matter how skilled you get, the Octane result will never be quite the same as the iRay result.

With specific reference to the Gens, there is a problem with the node mapping. Essentially the plugin is incorrectly interpreting the iRay surfaces and creating an incorrect Octane surface. The Gens node mapping needs to be adjusted such that it is similar to the torso node map. If the gens has a 3Delight material option, Octane will likely do a better job of correctly processing this surface.

I have since abandoned using Octane as the game I am currently creating uses Daz iRay assets. Everything looks different in Octane and correcting / adjusting almost every surface to get it look a little closer to the Daz result was a major pain. I also use HDRI's with the iRay Interior Camera to allow the HDRI to light in interior scenes. This simply isn't possible within Octane.

Octane is by no means a poor rendering engine, it is just different to Daz. I might use it in future for another game, however would largely abandon the iRay surfaces and use Octane designed surfaces instead.

With your bonus question, if you are referring to the black circle in your iRay render (guessing a spotlight), select light \ parameters tab \ Render Emitter --> off.
Thanks for the clarification! Personally I found octane better at rendering outside scenes for me, so I want to use it for that. The workaround I found is to render the whole outside scene in octane, render only the characters in iray then copy them onto it in photoshop. I’s quick and mixes the advantages of both. Only thing I have to pay attention to is the light direction in iray should be similar to octane so that the shadows on the characterts match or they will look too different feom the scene..

rexharbinger

Sep 15, 2017
I'm looking for a DAZ asset, but I can't make an asset request because I don't know if what I'm looking for exists, and that thread seems to be requests for specific packages.
So I'm either looking for the answer to my question(s) or which thread to ask my question(s) in...
I'm looking for cosplay headbands with cat ears, dog ears, bunny ears, etc... a google search generally just returns real headbands and cat characters for DAZ.
If an asset doesn't already exist, then I'm looking for a tutorial on how to convert a Blender model into a DAZ asset. I can probably whip something up on blander fairly easily (like a week or two, I'm still a beginner). But I'd need a way to move it into DAZ (other then just importing a shape). I'd like to make a regular package, maybe have morph targets... figure out how to make the ears fuzzy without bringing DAZ to its knees. Different texture maps (that part is the easiest, I've been doing texture mods for games forever).
If it doesn't exist and I can figure out how to make it, maybe I could release it here... tall order, but I'd consider that a stretch goal...

Last edited:

Elimael

Aug 29, 2017
Hello , I don't know if it will help, but you have the Nyao Outfit , with cat ears. You can find it in the Nyao . I also found this thing ; Good luck in your search !

Reactions: rexharbinger

rexharbinger

Sep 15, 2017
Hello , I don't know if it will help, but you have the Nyao Outfit , with cat ears. You can find it in the Nyao . I also found this thing ; Good luck in your search !
Thanks, the pony ears have enough morphs that I can kind of fake other animals. I can probably find a headband to get the look I want. Thanks for your help!

redle

Apr 12, 2017
I'm looking for a DAZ asset, but I can't make an asset request because I don't know if what I'm looking for exists, and that thread seems to be requests for specific packages.
So I'm either looking for the answer to my question(s) or which thread to ask my question(s) in...
I'm looking for cosplay headbands with cat ears, dog ears, bunny ears, etc... a google search generally just returns real headbands and cat characters for DAZ.
If an asset doesn't already exist, then I'm looking for a tutorial on how to convert a Blender model into a DAZ asset. I can probably whip something up on blander fairly easily (like a week or two, I'm still a beginner). But I'd need a way to move it into DAZ (other then just importing a shape). I'd like to make a regular package, maybe have morph targets... figure out how to make the ears fuzzy without bringing DAZ to its knees. Different texture maps (that part is the easiest, I've been doing texture mods for games forever).
If it doesn't exist and I can figure out how to make it, maybe I could release it here... tall order, but I'd consider that a stretch goal...
Well, I'd say your first problem is fixating on the word "headband". Instead, type something like "daz cat ears" into google. You'll find a whole different world of answers.

Cat Keyhole Lingerie,
Ears Morphs,
Kotomask,
Catty,
KittyCat,
Paw Prints Outfit,
Kawaii Cat Headset,
Genesis Animorph Head,
Cats Meow Hair,
Catgirl Megapack,
Nyao Outfit,
Katbbit,
Kibri Dress,
RW Meow!!!

To list some of the first ones I run into on the search (as well as going to daz or renderosity or other site and doing a search for cat ears there). There are way too many different assets available in this category to give any kind of exhaustive list and I really don't know what style you are searching for to point at any one.

-------------
Briefly glancing at some of the assets available here: gamer girl and bunny girl and bounce are the first ones I run into (that are headband-ish).

Last edited:
Reactions: rexharbinger

rexharbinger

Sep 15, 2017
Yeah, I found a lot of stuff that would actually give animal ears, but I was looking for a headband specifically. That pony one, for example, adds ears, but it just appears like the head now has four ears. So I got the dForce Kitty Sweater for Genesis 8 Females, which has a cat ear headphones. Then I hid the headphone parts.

Between the included headphones, and parenting the pony ears to them (after changing the opacity cutout to hide the cat ears) I can make quite a few animal ear headbands with those two parts. Good enough for what I was looking for, I think.

But thank you for looking into that.

BillP

Dec 27, 2017
I have recently downloaded and have no clue how to implement it? It only unzips into dson files and nothing else. Here is a link to the zip file

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I have recently downloaded and have no clue how to implement it? It only unzips into dson files and nothing else. Here is a link to the zip file
Copy the "data" folder inside your library (usually inside "My Library"; where you'll see a folder with that name).
Then you will have to look for those morphs in the character parameters.

BillP

Dec 27, 2017
Copy the "data" folder inside your library (usually inside "My Library"; where you'll see a folder with that name).
Then you will have to look for those morphs in the character parameters.
I'm sorry I am still a little confused. I put the "peachy folder" inside the "data" folder in My Library and I still don't see any morphs. Was that what I was suppose to do?

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
Can i make a "character morph" of my characters to combine all the used morphs into one?
Or is there a better way to clean my data folder from all unused and unwanted morphs without fucking up existing characters?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I'm sorry I am still a little confused. I put the "peachy folder" inside the "data" folder in My Library and I still don't see any morphs. Was that what I was suppose to do?
Inside the compressed file there is a "data" folder; copy that folder where you have your DAZ library, where there will already be a folder called "data"... when you copy it it, it will tell you if you want to overwrite it and you say yes (don't worry, it will only copy the new "Peachy" files, it won't delete anything you already have installed).

Once you have done this, select your character and go to the parameters tab, there you will find your morphs.

NOTE: If you don't know where you have your DAZ library, go to the "Edit" menu, then to "Preferences" > "Content" > "Content Directory Manager" and expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" option; there you will see the folder where you are storing the DAZ library (The library is where there is all the content you have for DAZ).

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I have done that for other files I downloaded but this one does not have a "data" folder I can copy over when I unzip it. This is what I get when I unzip: View attachment 486585 I don't mean to pester too much, its just weird that this file doesn't follow the same format as the other ones (having a data folder, etc...)
Before I downloaded your file to check it, and there is only the folder "data"... in fact, in your capture I can see it :p

Just drag that "data" folder into your library.

BillP

Dec 27, 2017
Before I downloaded your file to check it, and there is only the folder "data"... in fact, in your capture I can see it :p

Just drag that "data" folder into your library.
That data folder was one I created in order to imitate a data folder, but when I used Keka to unzip it worked great hahaha sorry about that

Reactions: Porcus Dev

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I spotted a couple possible issues here...
first, you have the bounding box view in your preview window, which, on its own, doesn't really mean anything, but...
you also have your GPU activated on the optix acceleration. Try ticking that off, and leave only the CPU there, to see if that fixes things
I know I'm a bit late here, but I wanted to mention that optix prime doesn't exist in Daz anymore since 4.11.something, instead Daz uses the full optix library now, and the checkboxes for prime are without function.
Let's see how many update it takes until the checkboxes finally disapear. Anyone want to take a guess?^^

boerse660

Apr 8, 2019
I need this product.
Where to download?
Golden Palace for Genesis 3 Female v2.

Only need a version for Genesis 3 (updated v2).
Genesis 8 is not needed!
Thank you.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote