3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

TrainerOcara

Nov 7, 2019
I had a quick look at the description and it seems that the furniture has morphs, so I guess you need to use them to get the desired effect (this is actually a really nice feature). You can find them somewhere in your parameters tab when you select the props.
You're spot on, there is a set of morphs down there I completely missed! Thank you so much.

Looks like I only have morphs for a different set of poses, which is a bit confusing. Perhaps there's a newer version of the furniture that has more morphs included with it?

I agree it's a great feature to have, it's helping me to make some nicer renders but also exposing me to how I could (hopefully) make morphs like this myself in future.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
You're spot on, there is a set of morphs down there I completely missed! Thank you so much.

Looks like I only have morphs for a different set of poses, which is a bit confusing. Perhaps there's a newer version of the furniture that has more morphs included with it?

I agree it's a great feature to have, it's helping me to make some nicer renders but also exposing me to how I could (hopefully) make morphs like this myself in future.
You can always use DFormer:

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Hi folks. Apologies in advance if this is a newbie question, but I'm very much a newbie at this.

I'm toying with hameleon's , using the associated .

The pose pack includes poses for a G3/V7 figure, and any relevant furniture in the living room for the scene. I can apply those easily enough, and things move around/reposition just fine.

But some of the poses rely on the furniture being contorted - cushions squashed, etc. I can't see how to apply those effects, which results in some nasty clipping issues.

Any ideas what I'm missing? Is there some prerequisite I don't have installed? I don't receive any 'resource not found' messages.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
It has been answered, but... here's a tip for future use, and possible opening for other furniture usage... use dforce.
Apply dforce to the furniture in question, through edit-object-geometry-apply dforce modifier:Dynamic surface (or edit-object-geometry-apply dfroce modifier:dynamic surface, if the furniture loads as a prop, rather than a figure). Then, through the surfaces tab, set which portions of the furniture will be squeezable, and how strongly, by simply tampering with the simulation strength slider, in the surface's simulation subsettings. 1.0 is full, zero is basically "do not calculate", with any in-between value giving different levels of compression.
Important, in the simulation settings themselves, set gravity to zero, and, to save the time and effort, set "start bones from memorized pose" to off. Duration can be single frame, or any timeline setup, default or custom, though, it's easier to go for animated duration, with the default 30 fps the animate timeline has pre-configured.
Now, for the technique itself. Set your scene, as you'd otherwise do, then raise any figure(s) that will be sitting/laying on said furniture, to hover above it, enough to not touch in the slightest. Then, move to frame 20, on the timeline below the viewport, and move the figure(s) down, until they touch, and slightly sink inside the furniture in question. Then, go to simulation settings, and hit "calculate simulation". A few moments later (or a few minutes, based on your hardware), you'll have the thing calculated, and you'd be at frame 30. If you're happy, let it there, adjust camera angle and render away, if not, backstep, one frame at a time, until you're at the best looking one, and then adjust camera and hit render.
Important note... not all furniture can work with dforce. It boils down on how well welded the vertices are. Loosely joined vertices, or not joined at all vertices will usually "explode" or disintegrate upon simulating, especially when the collissions will begin, but, so far, most of the furniture I've tried work fine with dforce.

Reactions: TrainerOcara

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It has been answered, but... here's a tip for future use, and possible opening for other furniture usage... use dforce.
Apply dforce to the furniture in question, through edit-object-geometry-apply dforce modifier:Dynamic surface (or edit-object-geometry-apply dfroce modifier:dynamic surface, if the furniture loads as a prop, rather than a figure). Then, through the surfaces tab, set which portions of the furniture will be squeezable, and how strongly, by simply tampering with the simulation strength slider, in the surface's simulation subsettings. 1.0 is full, zero is basically "do not calculate", with any in-between value giving different levels of compression.
Important, in the simulation settings themselves, set gravity to zero, and, to save the time and effort, set "start bones from memorized pose" to off. Duration can be single frame, or any timeline setup, default or custom, though, it's easier to go for animated duration, with the default 30 fps the animate timeline has pre-configured.
Now, for the technique itself. Set your scene, as you'd otherwise do, then raise any figure(s) that will be sitting/laying on said furniture, to hover above it, enough to not touch in the slightest. Then, move to frame 20, on the timeline below the viewport, and move the figure(s) down, until they touch, and slightly sink inside the furniture in question. Then, go to simulation settings, and hit "calculate simulation". A few moments later (or a few minutes, based on your hardware), you'll have the thing calculated, and you'd be at frame 30. If you're happy, let it there, adjust camera angle and render away, if not, backstep, one frame at a time, until you're at the best looking one, and then adjust camera and hit render.
Important note... not all furniture can work with dforce. It boils down on how well welded the vertices are. Loosely joined vertices, or not joined at all vertices will usually "explode" or disintegrate upon simulating, especially when the collissions will begin, but, so far, most of the furniture I've tried work fine with dforce.
While it's a good technique, it might be a bit much for someone who just started using Daz. I'd recommend to stay away from dforce until you know what you're doing.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
While it's a good technique, it might be a bit much for someone who just started using Daz. I'd recommend to stay away from dforce until you know what you're doing.
Very true, and, it CAN be intimidating... however....
If you take the bone weights outside the equation, it's nothing more than a polished, GPU-driven version of Poser's cloth room, and, anyone with even modest experience with it, can go crazy with the dforce engine.

rexharbinger

Sep 15, 2017
General question about DAZ Studio (latest one). I'm working on making a cyborg character. I have a robot character, and I can put G8F over top and have them follow. My plan was to make parts of G8F invisible and parts of the robot invisible and viola! Instant cyborg.

So here is my question: How can I turn off visibility on multiple items at once? Like, say I use Expand All in the Scene pane, then highlight 20 or 50 parts. If I try to click the eyeball, it only turns off one at a time. If I go down to Parameters, and click Visible, it only turns off one at a time. I'd like to turn off 20 or more at a time. Robots and peoples have LOTS of parts...

Is this possible, or is this an oversight on the part of the software?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
General question about DAZ Studio (latest one). I'm working on making a cyborg character. I have a robot character, and I can put G8F over top and have them follow. My plan was to make parts of G8F invisible and parts of the robot invisible and viola! Instant cyborg.

So here is my question: How can I turn off visibility on multiple items at once? Like, say I use Expand All in the Scene pane, then highlight 20 or 50 parts. If I try to click the eyeball, it only turns off one at a time. If I go down to Parameters, and click Visible, it only turns off one at a time. I'd like to turn off 20 or more at a time. Robots and peoples have LOTS of parts...

This may help:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017

It's possible but not obvious how to do it - i learned this from the Daz3d official forums, someone posted the same question.

0. These steps show how to change the property of multiple scene "objects" at once.

1. Select the "Parameters" tab

2. Click the "Pane properties" icon to open the menu (this icon is top right in the pane which contains the Parameters tab)

3. Ensure "Consolidate Properties" is selected

4. Now, in the "Scene" tab, select all the objects / sub-components (bones?) that you want to show/hide

5. In the "Parameters" Tab again, go to "Display" in the tree,

6. then you'll find a on/of switch control called "Visible". If you have multiple "objects" selected, the number of selected items will be shown in parentheses before the "visible" label. If the selected items have different settings the property will show "<multiple>" or if they are all the same setting, it will show "ON" or "Off"

7. Change the control to the desired setting "OFF" and all the selected items will take that new value.

Here is a picture showing the place for each number in the list above:

1575718111375.png

rexharbinger

Sep 15, 2017
This may help:
Thanks, but the cyborg figure is technically not Genesis 3 or 8. It is the same size and shape, it is built off the G8F, but totally different parts and so... so... many... parts...

It's possible but not obvious how to do it - i learned this from the Daz3d official forums, someone posted the same question.

0. These steps show how to change the property of multiple scene "objects" at once.

1. Select the "Parameters" tab

2. Click the "Pane properties" icon to open the menu (this icon is top right in the pane which contains the Parameters tab)

3. Ensure "Consolidate Properties" is selected

4. Now, in the "Scene" tab, select all the objects / sub-components (bones?) that you want to show/hide

5. In the "Parameters" Tab again, go to "Display" in the tree,

6. then you'll find a on/of switch control called "Visible". If you have multiple "objects" selected, the number of selected items will be shown in parentheses before the "visible" label. If the selected items have different settings the property will show "<multiple>" or if they are all the same setting, it will show "ON" or "Off"

7. Change the control to the desired setting "OFF" and all the selected items will take that new value.

Here is a picture showing the place for each number in the list above:

View attachment 480486
YAY!!!

I couldn't get this to work at first, there is ONE additional step that was messing it up. I also had 'Display Separate Items" checked, and that was messing up these instructions. Once I unchecked that, these instructions worked like a charm.

Much appreciated!

Reactions: osanaiko

Elimael

Aug 29, 2017
Hello, I have a question, and I hope it won't bother anybody if I post it here. All of sudden, my Daz Studio has a weird bug. It don't affect my renders, but it's so annoying that I can't any more build new scene. I join a pic for help you to understand my problem. Every time I move my mouse, the grid and the models seem to multiplicate , making impossible to see anything. Hope my explain is clear enough, thanks you in advance for your help !!! PB Daz.png

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hello, I have a question, and I hope it won't bother anybody if I post it here. All of sudden, my Daz Studio has a weird bug. It don't affect my renders, but it's so annoying that I can't any more build new scene. I join a pic for help you to understand my problem. Every time I move my mouse, the grid and the models seem to multiplicate , making impossible to see anything. Hope my explain is clear enough, thanks you in advance for your help !!! View attachment 482356
If the bug isn't slowing down the speed at which Daz operates, it may just be a screen refresh bug. I would suggest you change your view from wire bounding box to texture shaded. You do this by clicking on the box just to the left of the "Perspective View" button.

If this doesn't work, I'm out of advice other than removing and reinstalling Daz. This isn't as bad as it sounds as your preferences and library should be retained.

Elimael

Aug 29, 2017
Thank you Xavster ! Unfortunatelly your tip doesn't fix my problem. I will follow your second advice and reinstall Daz. I ll give you news !

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Thank you Xavster ! Unfortunatelly your tip doesn't fix my problem. I will follow your second advice and reinstall Daz. I ll give you news !
If you can wait a day or so, some others may have some other alternatives. Help is usually provided fairly swiftly on this forum. :)

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Hello, I have a question, and I hope it won't bother anybody if I post it here. All of sudden, my Daz Studio has a weird bug. It don't affect my renders, but it's so annoying that I can't any more build new scene. I join a pic for help you to understand my problem. Every time I move my mouse, the grid and the models seem to multiplicate , making impossible to see anything. Hope my explain is clear enough, thanks you in advance for your help !!! View attachment 482356
I spotted a couple possible issues here...
first, you have the bounding box view in your preview window, which, on its own, doesn't really mean anything, but...
you also have your GPU activated on the optix acceleration. Try ticking that off, and leave only the CPU there, to see if that fixes things

Elimael

Aug 29, 2017
Thank you Powerline75 for this tip. I tried it , unfortunatelly it still the same. I uninstalled all ( I know, maybe I should have wait, Xavster is true ^^), and I m trying to install Daz again. I give you updates of my problem when I m done :) Thanks again !

Elimael

Aug 29, 2017
Hi again, even uninstall and reinstall Daz didn't fix my weird problem. Desperate like I was I tried to tickle the options near Perspective view/front view, etc...And my problem is partially fixed when I use the option "Texture Shaded". It's not perfect, but at least I can continue my little comics without all this weird visual mess ! A big thanks again for your help, I appreciated. With Texture Shaded .png

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Have you tried updating your video card driver, or reinstalled the current version?

And have you tried what Powerline75 suggested, but exactly the opposite (ticking of the CPU, leaving the GPU on).

Elimael

Aug 29, 2017
Yes and yes, Synx, but it didn't help unfortunately. Since I used the option " Texture Shaded" it seems to work normally. But when I change it back for any other option , the visual mess starts again. It's really weird !

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Yes and yes, Synx, but it didn't help unfortunately. Since I used the option " Texture Shaded" it seems to work normally. But when I change it back for any other option , the visual mess starts again. It's really weird !
I'm seriously surprised that you'd even want to use the bounding box view option, in the first place...
Unless I'm missing something, this is what the bounding box looks like, and, that's merely a single figure in the middle of nothing.
dazgui.JPG
If I add a full scene, that turns into this big mess pile.
dazgui2.JPG
If that's what you've been seeing, then... it's perfectly normal, you siomply clicked the bounding box, or had some super complicated premade scene activate it to save you the software lag.

Elimael

Aug 29, 2017
No, I was on Bounding box when I took this capture because I tried everything I could ^^ Except when I use" Texture Shaded", I have still my problem. If I move a character, for example, I still have a visual of every former positions, and it's quickly impossible to see anything ! But anyways , I can work now with Texture shaded and continue my comics . I just did this image and it's worked. Thank you a lot, again, Image 1 Episode 5.png for your help and for still trying to understand what happened !

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote