3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hope someone can help me, its my first render.
(Not so important question: I tried many things on the genesis 8 female, so i dont know if put a wet look on that skin, if yes, how do i remove it? Or is that just this skin?)

Important question: how can i remove that "hair" on her forehead?

ps: please ignore the physical error that her left arm is in her breast :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some wet skin effects are applied through "shells", if this is the case, you can delete the shell applied to your character by looking for it in the scene tab.
If the effect has been applied directly on top of the skin texture, you will have to re-apply the character's original skin (or if you have a copy saved without that effect, load the scene, save only the character's material and then you can apply it (Merge) to your character with the wet effect.

As for the problem with hair, you can try modifying its "scale" and set it to 101% (or check the hair morphs, some have settings for that type of problem).

Reactions: cnwolf

shmerty

Jul 7, 2019
I think this is the right thread, as I was referenced by an admin from a previous request.

Are there any "Elizabeth Comstock" models for DAZ that exist? Shes the main character from Bioshock Infinite

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I think this is the right thread, as I was referenced by an admin from a previous request.

Are there any "Elizabeth Comstock" models for DAZ that exist? Shes the main character from Bioshock Infinite
Renderhub has hundreds of game characters in various formats, ripped directly from the games. You will usually need to convert them to DAZ:

There are a couple of other options beside the one I linked above, including a nude model.

Manifold

Jan 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

Been looking around F95 if ever this question was adressed, but didn't find anything.

On DAZ, some make-up assets load skin info, others don't.

Some of these are associated with characters (e.g. Rebekah) and have two versions of the same makeup asset. In my case only one of these versions has the skin info matching the skin info I loaded previously. Cool.

But other assets, such as Ultimate Make-Up (UMU), don't (see attached). I guess I would need to find the corresponding skin.

But what if I want a particular skin which doesn't work initially with, lets say, UMU?

My question is, can you get rid of that skin info whose result darkens the skin, i.e. loads a new skin info I guess, which screws everything up?

So far the only answers I've found is basically, well, you can't do anything. But I wanted to make sure. Any link to a tutorial or explanation which you could bother giving me highly welcome! I can only imagine it has to do with L.I.E., but can't see where to load L.I.E. info for the material itself, not the character's skin.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

Been looking around F95 if ever this question was adressed, but didn't find anything.

Some of these are associated with characters (e.g. Rebekah) and have two versions of the same makeup asset. In my case only one of these versions has the skin info matching the skin info I loaded previously. Cool.

But other assets, such as Ultimate Make-Up (UMU), don't (see attached). I guess I would need to find the corresponding skin.

But what if I want a particular skin which doesn't work initially with, lets say, UMU?

My question is, can you get rid of that skin info whose result darkens the skin, i.e. loads a new skin info I guess, which screws everything up?

So far the only answers I've found is basically, well, you can't do anything. But I wanted to make sure. Any link to a tutorial or explanation which you could bother giving me highly welcome! I can only imagine it has to do with L.I.E., but can't see where to load L.I.E. info for the material itself, not the character's skin.
Out of curiosity, have you tried rendering, to see if the preview matches the rendered version?
Often times, not just in DAZ, but in Poser as much, the preview and the final render have very little alike, especially when it comes to materials, shaders and surface textures. And, what may look weird in the preview, may look just fine in the rendered image. If it still persists, you can always check the layered image editor for the portion you want to fix (in your case the face surface), and see if it's indeed overlaying over the previously applied skin. If that's indeed the case, all you can do is manually edit the upper layer, in photoshop, or gimp, to remove the skin overlaying portion.

Reactions: Manifold

Synx

Jul 30, 2018

Smutlab has a fair amount of character models for blender, including Elizabeth with different outfits, hair and a completely nude option.

You could try to export that model to Daz, or just use blender.

Manifold

Jan 14, 2018
Out of curiosity, have you tried rendering, to see if the preview matches the rendered version?
Often times, not just in DAZ, but in Poser as much, the preview and the final render have very little alike, especially when it comes to materials, shaders and surface textures. And, what may look weird in the preview, may look just fine in the rendered image. If it still persists, you can always check the layered image editor for the portion you want to fix (in your case the face surface), and see if it's indeed overlaying over the previously applied skin. If that's indeed the case, all you can do is manually edit the upper layer, in photoshop, or gimp, to remove the skin overlaying portion.
Damn thanks man! Just by switching to iray in preview, not even making a render, that darkening result dissapears.

Just out of curiosity, where can I find the png files in my browser? When I browse for the file in the L.I.E. panel it opens an explorer window at root level of my DAZ3D folder (My documents/Daz 3D), with those two folders hexagon and studio.

Thanks again!

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
If they are made for a specific character, they mostly don't just load the make-up, but the whole skin/material. It's easier to setup than L.I.E, so most creators don't bother.

Just out of curiosity, where can I find the png files in my browser? When I browse for the file in the L.I.E. panel it opens an explorer window at root level of my DAZ3D folder (My documents/Daz 3D), with those two folders hexagon and studio.
Don't browse in the L.I.E, but in the Base Color itself. Daz creates a merged file with the Base and L.I.E combined and saves it in the temp files.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Damn thanks man! Just by switching to iray in preview, not even making a render, that darkening result dissapears.

Thanks again!
Usually, LIE bakes are saved in the "temp" folder of DAZ, to be discarded once you end your current project, but, you can save them manually. Otherwise, you'd find them in runtime/textures in your library, under whichever creator's name, as raw, ready to be applied maps.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hi everyone,

The Ultimate Make-Up asset is a very miss-leading title as it only works with the standard G8 UV map. Hence all it is doing is creating some make-up options for the standard UV skin which isn't particularly good in the first place. When it is applied it simply references to the face skin in the UMU asset and throws away your existing character face skin. What you need to a LIE make-up option so it applies make-up to your current skin by creating a modified skin.

To explain, in the case of UMU it uses a full face image, typically in a jpg file format such as below.
AprylFaceMU06B_1001.jpg

What you actually need is a LIE make-up option which is almost always in png format that only edits the section of the skin where the make-up is applied, such as below.
ISTCataleaMU07_1001.png
An asset such as is an asset that does what you require.

In reality, a LIE make-up is really no different to applying a tattoo to an existing surface. Essentially if modifies the base skin by applying a partial image overlay. Hence you can use LIE asset within DAZ or you can alternatively apply them yourself using an external image editor. Using an external image editor will give you way more control over the final result, however it does require some additional work. You can check out the tattoo tutorials in my sig to understand this process better.

As far as saving make-up options for your character for later use there are a few different options:
1) Save the temp file with in a known location such that you can grab it later, such as Powerline75 recommends.
2) Save using a materials editing asset such as Skin Builder 8.
3) Create a scene subset for the character. However this means that you need to make sure you don't delete the temp file.
Note that if you hover over the skin image in the surfaces tab, it will identify the full address \ name of the image.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hey guys, I wanted to try out DAZ 3D to recreate my favorite characters from different games, however i've encountered an issue.

For my first render i wanted to recreate Caroline from Milfy city, everything was fine untill i got to her hair.

She uses this hair - . Here's how it looks originally :

And here is a screen from a game :
As you can see, ICSTOR edited her hair so that we can see her eyes clearly, but i just couldn't achieve the same result no matter what i did. This is the best i've done :

But this is just messy and nothing like the original. Can you guys tell me what i'm missing? How can i achieve the same effect as seen in the original game?
This is going to be a bit of a guess as I am not familiar with the hair asset used for the Caroline model. However I would suggest you check the surfaces tab under the hair asset. Usually there are a number of surfaces used to create the full hair asset, which you can adjust separately. I would be guessing that the fringe partially obscuring the face will have a separate surface. If this is the case, all you need to do is set the cutout opacity to 0 and the fringe will disappear.

Reactions: BibaIboba

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hey guys, I wanted to try out DAZ 3D to recreate my favorite characters from different games, however i've encountered an issue.

For my first render i wanted to recreate Caroline from Milfy city, everything was fine untill i got to her hair.

As you can see, ICSTOR edited her hair so that we can see her eyes clearly, but i just couldn't achieve the same result no matter what i did. This is the best i've done :

But this is just messy and nothing like the original. Can you guys tell me what i'm missing? How can i achieve the same effect as seen in the original game?
You could also check the hidden parameters: right click on parameters tab -> show hidden

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019

There's always the simpler, far more efficient solution of checking on the hair in the "parametres" tab, for "actor" sliders. Most, if not all hair (unless they are exclusively dForce hair), have both wind morphs (that you most likely used) and "style" morphs, that allow you to pull har out of a person's face, or cover it, shorten/lengthen the hair, tamper with bangs length and so on...

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Thank you so much guys! Here's what i came up with :
It is still far from ideal, but i'll figure it out!
You're getting there. The next step would be magnets, or whatever they're called in DAZ, to add further morphing that the dialers won't give ou, and, the ultimate step would be direct geometry editing, but, we're getting ahead of ourselves there.

cnwolf

Jan 1, 2018
Hope someone can help me, in render mode some parts of the image just get ignored. I first thought the opened scene file is broken but it also happens on other scenes.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hope someone can help me, in render mode some parts of the image just get ignored. I first thought the opened scene file is broken but it also happens on other scenes.
AFAIK there's no "distance clipping" in daz/iray preview mode so that would not account for the missing geometry

That kind of looks like "iray section planes" that you (someone else, where did you get the scene data file?) added to hide parts of the background, either to bring in more light, or reduce render time. When rendering from a specific camera position, i can see how that slice of the floor and front window might be in frame.

or maybe something else i don't know!

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
For me it looks like there are some planes with no base texture but some kind of shading. That way they are not visible in the texture/smooth preview but can be seen when light are applied to them.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Currently I am seeking to do some martial arts animations and have a few assets that create these animations using aniblocks. However what I am seeking to do is to tweak these animations by getting them to function as key frames within the Timeline rather than aniMate Lite. Does anyone know how this may be achieved?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Currently I am seeking to do some martial arts animations and have a few assets that create these animations using aniblocks. However what I am seeking to do is to tweak these animations by getting them to function as key frames within the Timeline rather than aniMate Lite. Does anyone know how this may be achieved?
Right click below the animate (in the gray space, where there's nothing) and select "Bake to Studio Keyframes" and "Yes".

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Well I have my animation (image series) rendering and am having some serious problems with the rendering speed in Daz 4.12. I have a fairly simple scene with HDRI lighting and am rendering at 4k. When rending the first image in the series it takes ~3 minutes, however with each successive frame it gets slower and slower. By about the 5 frame it's out to 30 mins. Updated my video card drivers and am currently downloading the latest 4.12 beta. If anyone as seen this before and has any ideas on how to fix, I would appreciate.

Scene Processing Details:
Resolution - 4k
Iterations - 40
Video Card Memory - 4.8 of 6.0 GB
System RAM - 10 of 32 GB
Running a GTX1060

EDIT: I think the problem may be video card memory related, hence have run scene optimiser to simplify some of the textures and remove some of the bump maps. The amount of video memory appears to be still however increasing very slightly with each successive frame until it reaches the point at which the textures can't be stored on the video card and then the rendering speed dramatically reduces.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote