3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

gagamel1

Donor
Nov 17, 2017
Thank you very much
How much do you have in your scene? Make sure you have CPU rendering off and GPU rendering on. If it's on, one cause of Daz dropping to CPU rendering is because your scene exceeds your GPU's VRAM. Hide or delete anything that isn't onscreen. Reduce the texture size of anything far away from the camera or affected by depth of field. Scene Optimiser can help with that.
Thank you very much

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Any tips on making sure the figure is glued to the ground when creating poses?

For example, knowing the lowest Z-axis point of the figure and set it to zero?

Sorry for asking a noob question and thank you for your input.
With the new DAZ, v4.12, you can use a plane at ground level, create IK-Chains for the character's foot and that plane, and block them so that the foot doesn't move from the ground.
NOTE: It's not perfect, and if you move the character too much the foot will end up moving too, but it's a system that helps a lot.

Is HDRI counted as scene lights?
If so, should I turn off Auto Headlamp?
When you use HDRI they emit light by default, but if you only want to use it as a background image you can "turn off" its light.

Avoid using headlamp unless strictly necessary (very dark images where you need to see what you have in the foreground); and still, at low levels, instead of 1.0, at 0.1

difference between character merge (file --merge--choose character) and new or load character ( directly add or load new model) in scene.
"Merge" is to add things to the scene you already have open... if you've set the stage first, you'll have to make a "merge" to include the character.

If you are referring to the moment you start creating the scene, when it's empty and the first thing you are going to load is the character...well, it doesn't matter if you open it or merge it; just keep in mind that if you open it you are working with your character's file, that maybe you are using it as "master" file and if you don't save the scene with another file name and by mistake you save over it, you will be overwriting your character's "master" file :p

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
This one doesn't come with one. The read-me specifically states that I need to first load up Victoria 8, and then go to the character folder (of the body asset I want) and apply the body / face dufs from that folder. It doesn't come with a single character load with everything applied. That's why I was asking if it was possible to create a duf since I do want a single click option under the character folder.
The scene subset I mentioned is a .duf file, however when saved it appears in a different location (Users\[logon]\Documents\DAZ 3D\My Library\Scene Subsets). If you really want to have it show up in your character folder then just make a copy of the .duf file and place it in the 'My Daz 3D Library\people\Genesis 8 Female\Characters' folder.

Reactions: Yonamous

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
Uninstalled all my assets through DIM, but when i started daz again saw this.
And in my Content library>Products they are also shown. I deleted Daz3d>My library and Content library, but it doesnt help.
How i can remove all assets that are not installed?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
And in my Content library>Products they are also shown. I deleted Daz3d>My library and Content library, but it doesnt help.
Try this:

I guess you still see the content because it's still in the Postgre database (CMS)

faibolx

Oct 18, 2019
Try to reset data base and then build it again, it works for me. Screen shots clicking in spoiler button
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
I was practicing making portraits for the first time using DoF and only the default HDRI and can't seem to get rid of these black eyes that only show up in Iray. I've tried using other eye textures to no avail. Can anyone help?

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I was practicing making portraits for the first time using DoF and only the default HDRI and can't seem to get rid of these black eyes that only show up in Iray. I've tried using other eye textures to no avail. Can anyone help?

This is an ongoing issue with DAZ, some say it is actually the result of Nvidia's Iray implementation.

A couple of options to try. Move your character as close as possible to dead centre 0,0,0 of the scene. If that doesn't work then in Render Settings under Optimization, change the Instancing Optimization setting to Speed.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017

That happens sometimes and I'm not sure why. You can usually solve it by attaching everything in the scene to the character and then zeroing the character (0 in X, Y and Z Translate).

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
I googled it and what I found was mostly about zeroing the character like you guys are suggesting but I tried it and it didn't work. I ended up just scratching the scene and starting again and this time for some reason it's not happening again so, yay? Thanks guys

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
I googled it and what I found was mostly about zeroing the character like you guys are suggesting but I tried it and it didn't work. I ended up just scratching the scene and starting again and this time for some reason it's not happening again so, yay? Thanks guys
If you have the base character elsewhere, you can always load it up and check to see if the eyes look good, if so then you can merge it with the scene that looks bad, and it may correct the eyes in that scene. After that just delete the duplicate base character). I've done this a time or two when I've put to much effort into a scene only for the eyes of a character to black out.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Hi, I have problem with this hair from

I don't know how to make a denser bang as the forehead can be seen through the bang.

In Scene click on the item, then check the parameters (or shaping) tabs and see if there are bang options in there. If the hair itself doesn't come with options to make it thicker then you can't really make it thicker without altering the assets yourself (which requires using other programs).

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
In Scene click on the item, then check the parameters (or shaping) tabs and see if there are bang options in there. If the hair itself doesn't come with options to make it thicker then you can't really make it thicker without altering the assets yourself (which requires using other programs).
Why so complicated? Duplicate it in the scene and set an offset, problem solved ;)

Reactions: groq

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I have problem with eyes
First pic is closeup render (problem is in second pic)

Second pic from far (zoom his eyes)
You appear to have the same problem as DoomedForever at the top of the page.

Couple of this to try:

Try setting your character at 0,0,0 if he is not already.
Then go to Render Settings under Optimization and change the Instancing Optimization setting to Speed.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
you mean x, y, z axis to 0?
And my problem is not the same as doomedforever because in close up its fine but when zoomed out and rendered the eye lens get big if u zoom and see you will notice and will notice white part of the eyes too unlike doomedforever whos is fully black.
It's still the same bug you're facing, so try if it helps to move the char.

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
The same "black eyes" problem popped up again for me and what I did was alternate between "Auto", "Memory" and "Speed" in the Render Settings > Optimization tab until one of the switches fixed it.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hi, I have problem with this hair from

I don't know how to make a denser bang as the forehead can be seen through the bang.

There is actually a better way of doing this than what has already been recommended. It's going to sound a little weird, however do the following.
- Select the Hair Asset in the scene tab.
- Go to the surfaces tab and select the fringe surface.
- Go down to the cutout opacity and raise the value to a value higher than 1 (you will need to remove limits on the parameter first).

The higher the cutout opacity, the more opaque the hair will become. Example of result below where I applied to fringe surface.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote