3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Trying to use EcVh0 Iray Skin Shader for Genesis 3 Male(s) but I it seems I am making some silly mistake - because I don't see a skin shader at all - only the shaders for mouth, irises, lips etc
Please advice.

Tankichi

May 30, 2017
I can't find the skin for male genitalia for Genesis 8. have the bundles from here, and the starter essentials. just comes out without texture mapping or a skin.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I can't find the skin for male genitalia for Genesis 8. have the bundles from here, and the starter essentials. just comes out without texture mapping or a skin.
If you want to use 3rd party genitalia they adapt the skin from the body to create genitalia skin (but there may be problems if you use HD models). If you use the Daz standard genitalia the easiest way is to use the skin from another model which has genitalia by default in the package. Of course in this case you need to replace all the skins of the model with the skins of the model whose genitalia you use.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Not so... you can use the existing skins without the separate genitalia skin. It will revert most of your other materials back to default, though, so it's best to apply the genitalia first, skin then the rest of your materials.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
If I understood correctly he asks where to find skins for the genitals if the model he wants to use has no genitals included and thus no skins for the genitals like some teen model etc?

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I just tried it with Teen Josie and it wouldn't apply to the gens with the default skin. It did, however, work with any other non-teen skin. They must have gone to a lot of work to try and block something that can be bypassed so easily.

Any other non-teen character I've ever tried it with has worked with the default skin for me every time.
I would guess at least half of their buyers used, still use, or would use some naked content and they cannot afford to lose those buyers. So this isn't to prevent the buyers from using "adult" elements but just for legal reasons - if you bypass it, it is *you* who bypassed it, not them.

Tankichi

May 30, 2017
If you want to use 3rd party genitalia they adapt the skin from the body to create genitalia skin (but there may be problems if you use HD models). If you use the Daz standard genitalia the easiest way is to use the skin from another model which has genitalia by default in the package. Of course in this case you need to replace all the skins of the model with the skins of the model whose genitalia you use.
I'm using the Michael 8 pro bundle downloaded from the asset section here as well as the Starter essentials, and the penis morphs from the asset store as well. for both G8M and G3M. I got the Female genitals working great, several different models, but I can't seem to copy the textures and such over from anything. nor can I find them in any folder.

Tankichi

May 30, 2017
Because there's nothing to copy. Re-apply the skin material (if it doesn't have a separate gen material) and it will apply to the genitals.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can't find the skin though. That's the problem. I looked through the folders themselves and can't find it.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I can't find the skin though. That's the problem. I looked through the folders themselves and can't find it.
If you are talking about renderotica genitals they come with tutorial how to generate and apply genitals skins. If you are talking about default Daz genitals simply apply *all* the skins as a set from a package which is marked as PRO and is not teens, kids etc, and has *not* different mesh - which means they must be from the same generation and one of the figures must not be HD (but I think both can be HD except if you are using 3rd party genitals - in this case there can be problems, so you should read carefully the included documentation).

Edit: If you decide to look for the default genitals skin they are in folders like this: ...\Runtime\Textures\DAZ\Characters\Genesis3\Kenji7 Obviously those are the skins for Kenji 7 and as I wrote above you need to have Kenji 7 PRO package installed.

Tankichi

May 30, 2017
Why are you making something so simple so hard?

Michael 8 skins:
It finally worked. Wouldn't work with any models except for 1...guessing something isn't installed just right.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
When searching around for assets I was wondering why there were SO many poses and expressions assets out there-then I actually tried to manually pose two figures and jesus it is difficult to do well. The IK thing seems great at first, then becomes a royal pain. I guess I have to learn the whole pinning/freezing thing? Or are people mostly just relying on the prepackaged morphs, poses, and expressions, and making just minor tweaks hoping they don't fuck everything up?

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
When searching around for assets I was wondering why there were SO many poses and expressions assets out there-then I actually tried to manually pose two figures and jesus it is difficult to do well. The IK thing seems great at first, then becomes a royal pain. I guess I have to learn the whole pinning/freezing thing? Or are people mostly just relying on the prepackaged morphs, poses, and expressions, and making just minor tweaks hoping they don't fuck everything up?
Actually poses and expressions are easy to make - no need to hassle with meshes, textures, photoshop, comforting, morphs etc. Just buy a merchant resource et voila (I mean for sale)! IK has very specific uses, making poses through the Parameters tab is easy and fun; and most important - once you are getting knack about making poses you can simply combine them for zillions of poses. To easily make poses through parameters tab the most important thing is to learn the bones. They seems endless in the beginning but there is a logic behind them. What I mean - when a robot moves its hand, it just moves its hand. When a human moves his hand quite often the movements starts from the waist. That's why the robot movements are very... well, robotic:)

Reactions: p_staker

MSNlover95

Sep 26, 2018

Usually some duplication between sites.. So watch what you download :D

how i do it the register??

it says it to me always

An error has occurred during registration!

• Security code is incorrect.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
how i do it the register??

it says it to me always

An error has occurred during registration!

• Security code is incorrect.
I may be mistaken, but i think i heard dazposer.net is not accepting new members.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Is there some trick to getting Daz assets to work properly in Windows if you don't want it to use the C drive? Everything worked fine for me when I had it installed on my C drive but that's my SSD and I ran out of space so I uninstalled, reinstalled Daz on my D drive, and reinstalled all of my assets on my D drive as well. Pretty much everything shows up with a triangle icon now instead of the usual thumbnail pic and everything says it's missing files including the assets that come with Daz like the basic Genesis 3 figures.

I noticed that both Install Manager and Daz still have some stuff pointed to the C drive by default even though I installed it on my D drive.

Reactions: Lt. Aldo Raine

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Is there some trick to getting Daz assets to work properly in Windows if you don't want it to use the C drive? Everything worked fine for me when I had it installed on my C drive but that's my SSD and I ran out of space so I uninstalled, reinstalled Daz on my D drive, and reinstalled all of my assets on my D drive as well. Pretty much everything shows up with a triangle icon now instead of the usual thumbnail pic and everything says it's missing files including the assets that come with Daz like the basic Genesis 3 figures.

I noticed that both Install Manager and Daz still have some stuff pointed to the C drive by default even though I installed it on my D drive.
When you install the content on some other place you need to point to the program where to look for the new folders. Start DS, press F2 and click on Content tab. Scroll to the bottom and click on Content Directory Manager. Click on the left side to add new content setup the new paths. Also you should know some part of the program still remains on C:\ .

Reactions: Lt. Aldo Raine

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
When you install the content on some other place you need to point to the program where to look for the new folders. Start DS, press F2 and click on Content tab. Scroll to the bottom and click on Content Directory Manager. Click on the left side to add new content setup the new paths. Also you should know some part of the program still remains on C:\ .
Aha, I missed the content directory manager, thank you. That fixed it for me. Everything in there was still pointed at my C drive where nothing was installed. Works great now.

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
DAZ 4.11.0.236 Beta-users beware! crashbug!
Save before you use the ActivePose-Tool with pins!

Reproducible bug that crashes DAZ:
-load G3F
-pin lower legs and hands at end and origin (both)
-select pelvis and hit shift to bring up translation-gizmo
-attempting to move it will freeze DAZ for a second and then close the software without an error

In DAZ 4.10 stable this works without problems.

Urok

Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

I'm still learning Daz3D while I'm working in my first VN and one of the things I struggling with is how to render my backgrounds and characters separately so I can overlap them later in the final game.

Rendering the background is not a problem. The problem is how to render the characters so they project some shadows and they don't look like floating. I tried to render a section of the background together with the character, but then I can see the borders of the sprite when I overlap it to the background. I guess is because in this case, the character is projecting shadows beyond my render area selection.

Any help or advice is appreciated. :)

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
@Urok
Assuming you're an Iray-user I can answer this only for simple shadows, for example if a characters shadow would be projected onto a relatively flat ground/surface: look up "Iray Matte Function" or "Iray Shadowcatcher". It's a bit tricky when doing it the first time and may require switching Iray-mode on/off and/or hiding/showing the shadowcatcher before this works.

Edit: linked youtube video for some reason not showing up - here is video id: 6vaUXdZzy0c

Reactions: p_staker and Urok
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote