3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Urok

Apr 15, 2018
LOL... Rule of thumb - what is not saved at least 2 times has the bad habit to disappear exactly when you need it.

Edit: Did you considered you can add everything you need in the scene and just make not-needed stuff invisible? But again except you have some super-puper computer maybe you should consider using some script to render the scenes when you sleep or are just away. In this case you still need to make a saves of the scenes you need to render.
Yes, I did. But because it might involved different posing positions for the same character I found the process a bit tedious. I just tested the timeline option, and so far works fine. One frame, some objects visibles, some characters with a given pose, and in the next frame, I change what I need.

Maybe one day I'll edit this post saying how bad idea it was. :p

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Sorry, I missed that this was a forum for this purpose and posted it elsewhere. However this question is more appropriate here. I purchased the 22 Parker house from Daz 3D to make background scenes of the different rooms. Usually when I get a full apartment or house, what I do is just delete everything except for the room I am shooting, as this dramatically reduces render times. In this house, I turned off visibility for assets not in my shot individually, which worked fine. However, since they are not in my shot, I wanted to delete the assets that are children of the House_M asset. However, when I select on an item and go to delete, all that shows up is to delete House_M, not the child. I tried promoting up the children that I wanted to delete but Daz wouldn't do it. So I am stuck with rather substantial assets loaded that have to be processed for rendering purposes. Normally on my rig, a Full HD shot of a static scene, like a living room or bedroom would take 30-45 minutes. With all the other crud loaded, I left my machine rendering a simple bedroom, and came back 1 hour and 45 minutes later to find it had only processed 22% of the scene. If I was working in Photoshop I would think there was a grouping issue going on here, but I couldn't find any way to group/ungroup a scene. Has anyone run into this, and do you know a workaround for it? Thank you.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Sorry, I missed that this was a forum for this purpose and posted it elsewhere. However this question is more appropriate here. I purchased the 22 Parker house from Daz 3D to make background scenes of the different rooms. Usually when I get a full apartment or house, what I do is just delete everything except for the room I am shooting, as this dramatically reduces render times. In this house, I turned off visibility for assets not in my shot individually, which worked fine. However, since they are not in my shot, I wanted to delete the assets that are children of the House_M asset. However, when I select on an item and go to delete, all that shows up is to delete House_M, not the child. I tried promoting up the children that I wanted to delete but Daz wouldn't do it. So I am stuck with rather substantial assets loaded that have to be processed for rendering purposes. Normally on my rig, a Full HD shot of a static scene, like a living room or bedroom would take 30-45 minutes. With all the other crud loaded, I left my machine rendering a simple bedroom, and came back 1 hour and 45 minutes later to find it had only processed 22% of the scene. If I was working in Photoshop I would think there was a grouping issue going on here, but I couldn't find any way to group/ungroup a scene. Has anyone run into this, and do you know a workaround for it? Thank you.
LOL... I purchased it too... the whole house is a figure, not a prop and what you see are not children but bones. You have to apply the materials and then you get the props which you can delete at your leisure.
No idea why the house is made this way but as it is made now it should be possible to "pose" it after there are bones...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I am sorry, I am only in my second week developing in Daz 3D. I placed the house, then placed the furniture. Is that what you mean by applying the materials? If not, how would I go about applying materials to the house to be able to delete things like walls (which are getting in the way of shots I want to do)?

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I am sorry, I am only in my second week developing in Daz 3D. I placed the house, then placed the furniture. Is that what you mean by applying the materials? If not, how would I go about applying materials to the house to be able to delete things like walls (which are getting in the way of shots I want to do)?
Basically: The items in Daz are divided mainly in two categories - figures and props. The figures are items which can be changed inside the program without need to work on mesh level, the props are items which cannot be changed without working directly with the mesh. The figures has this sign figures.png , the props are marked with this sign props.png . The props can be turned into figures and the figures can be turned into a props. The figures can changed by posing and morphs. Morphs are used to change the shape of a figure w/o changing the number of mesh polygons, and posing is changing the position of only parts of the figure w/o changing the number of polygons. Figures are not only human or animal etc figures but usually hairs, clothing and shoes (to clarify - when you load inside the program something called a figure it is usually a human or animal figure, while hair is called hair etc; but when using the menu Edit you will see there "Objects" and "Figures". I think (but will not bet my salary on this) that the "objects" are items which cannot be changed and "Figures" are the items which can be changed). So figured to be able to be posed they need "bones" (the sign is like a real bone). When you select any item and click on the tab Parameters you will see every item can be moved, rotated and scaled. But if the figure has "bones" you can select only a certain bone and when clicking on the tab properties will show only the bone itself can be moved, rotated, twisted etc. Of course the whole part of the figure which is "governed" by the selected "bone" will move, rotate and twist together with the bone.
The house you loaded had "bones", don't know why the creator added them but having bones means it should be possible to transform those parts in some way. You cannot delete only a bone as this will delete the corresponding part of the figure and obviously this will not be anymore the same figure. But if you need for the redering purposes you can make a bone (together with the corresponding part) invisible.
As for materials - most of the items for Daz are created from two parts - the structure (actually the model's mesh) - look it as to a bare wall, and the materials (actually the appearance) - look at it as the paint upon this wall. So you *must* load the structure itself at first, and after that you may decide to put materials (appearance) upon those models, but you of course may decide to leave it as it is especially because most of the model already have some appearance applied on it by default.
In your case the model (the structure) is the whole house with the bones (select some bone and click on the Parameters tab to see of this bone can be moved in some way together with the whole wall or window or door or whatever this bone controls, and only after that you can apply a material (most of the models have more then one material preset readied).

Well, hope this helps:)

Edit: You can render from the viewport directly but to be able able to render in small rooms you can create cameras from Create menu. You can play with the camera parameters but better look for some tutorial then. The drawback of creating a camera for indoor rendering is you usually will need to add lights.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I asked this on the Daz 3D NooB forum as well, so if I get an answer there, I'll post here as well. After looking at your response and looking back at the asset, the house is a figure which is made up of the hip (all walls, both internal and external) and children, which are the floors and doors, which can only be hidden, but cannot otherwise be manipulated. If one tries to delete a single door, it selects the entire hip and the whole structure disappears.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I asked this on the Daz 3D NooB forum as well, so if I get an answer there, I'll post here as well. After looking at your response and looking back at the asset, the house is a figure which is made up of the hip (all walls, both internal and external) and children, which are the floors and doors, which can only be hidden, but cannot otherwise be manipulated. If one tries to delete a single door, it selects the entire hip and the whole structure disappears.
Doors and windows should be opened and closed - if the parameters tab is not active select an window, go to parameters tab Windows - panes(tabs) - parameters tab and click on it to activate it. Then drag and drop it where you want it to stay. Of course you can put it later on another place if you feel it more comfortable. So select a bone of a door and click on Parameters tab. You will see a slider which opens and closes the door.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Doors and windows should be opened and closed - if the parameters tab is not active select an window, go to parameters tab Windows - panes(tabs) - parameters tab and click on it to activate it. Then drag and drop it where you want it to stay. Of course you can put it later on another place if you feel it more comfortable. So select a bone of a door and click on Parameters tab. You will see a slider which opens and closes the door.
Thanks for the response but this wasn't about doors opening/closing. This was about the huge asset (the house and all the doors) being one object that has to be present (and processed) and is disabling my ability to render. And that's with a Xeon E5 16-core processor and GTX 760 dual video cards. I can do most renders of complex scenes in about an hour, but with Parker House, it goes 2 hours then stops, with less than 30% of the image being processed. I have asked for my money back because this house is more trouble than it is worth.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Thanks for the response but this wasn't about doors opening/closing. This was about the huge asset (the house and all the doors) being one object that has to be present (and processed) and is disabling my ability to render. And that's with a Xeon E5 16-core processor and GTX 760 dual video cards. I can do most renders of complex scenes in about an hour, but with Parker House, it goes 2 hours then stops, with less than 30% of the image being processed. I have asked for my money back because this house is more trouble than it is worth.
Do you know how the render settings in Daz IRay work? If not search youtube for some tutorial for beginners. The render stop may be due to those settings. But yes - making the house a single figure was a kinda un-wise decision.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Do you know how the render settings in Daz IRay work? If not search youtube for some tutorial for beginners. The render stop may be due to those settings. But yes - making the house a single figure was a kinda un-wise decision.
Thanks for the response. I do know that I can change the render settings to lengthen the time that Daz will render, but in my mind an asset that makes the rendering process bog down so terribly is just badly designed. I returned it and asked for my money back. Using 'normal' sets like Open Apartment render much faster on my machine, with 100% rendering running between 30-60 minutes. The only time I would expect a 2 hour render would be in an extremely complicated scene with lots of special effects and assets.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, I have searched F95Zone and have not found this yet, so I am going to ask for it and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Does anyone have or know of a tutorial that does a good job of outlining step-by-step how to create an animated sex scene in Daz 3D? I am working on a project right now but I know I want to have animated sex scenes because it's what the public wants (in addition to good story and characters they can connect with). Thanks for considering my request.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Ok, I have searched F95Zone and have not found this yet, so I am going to ask for it and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Does anyone have or know of a tutorial that does a good job of outlining step-by-step how to create an animated sex scene in Daz 3D? I am working on a project right now but I know I want to have animated sex scenes because it's what the public wants (in addition to good story and characters they can connect with). Thanks for considering my request.
Daz have a policy "no-no" to the adult stuff (besides rather rudimentary genitals found only in the PRO bundles (not all) and called "anatomy elements"). Everything about the Daz adult stuff you can find on Renderotica.com . The people there are friendly so ask on their forum. I presume you want to make an animation with series of renders? In this case you may simply need to learn how to animate in Daz - after all if you animate a copulation or just poking in the nose the basics are the same:) Anyway - the standard Daz plugin called Puppeteer maybe can be useful to you (Windows -> Panes (Tabs) -> Puppeteer).

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Thanks for the response. I do know that I can change the render settings to lengthen the time that Daz will render, but in my mind an asset that makes the rendering process bog down so terribly is just badly designed. I returned it and asked for my money back. Using 'normal' sets like Open Apartment render much faster on my machine, with 100% rendering running between 30-60 minutes. The only time I would expect a 2 hour render would be in an extremely complicated scene with lots of special effects and assets.
bg girls bedroom.png

I took the Open Apartment room, then refurnished it with a bunk bed and associated furniture. I finished it off by adding books to the bookshelf and school stuff to the study table (notebook and calculator). The latter two were free Daz 3D downloads from last week. This rendered 100% in about 45 minutes. It is the background for a room that two sisters will be sharing in my upcoming VN.

Reactions: Boogie

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
View attachment 192567

I took the Open Apartment room, then refurnished it with a bunk bed and associated furniture. I finished it off by adding books to the bookshelf and school stuff to the study table (notebook and calculator). The latter two were free Daz 3D downloads from last week. This rendered 100% in about 45 minutes. It is the background for a room that two sisters will be sharing in my upcoming VN.
Looks nice:)

Edit: There are a lot of free stuff there:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Looks nice:)

Edit: There are a lot of free stuff there:
I like Renderosity and get lots of goodies from it.

For others (like me) who are just getting started, there are two other sites I particularly like and use:

The first one is useful because it points to a lot of content creators who have free content. The second, even though it's just a single content creator, has a section with years of freebies that can be dowloaded, including a ton of cats, other animals, poses (both sexy and non-sexy), and clothes.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I like Renderosity and get lots of goodies from it.

For others (like me) who are just getting started, there are two other sites I particularly like and use:

The first one is useful because it points to a lot of content creators who have free content. The second, even though it's just a single content creator, has a section with years of freebies that can be dowloaded, including a ton of cats, other animals, poses (both sexy and non-sexy), and clothes.
You put the same link on both sites:) But doesn't really matter - I know shareCG, but thanks for the second site.
BTW - you can download from ShareCG this free shaders set - it is not bad AND is great if you need to make a lake or such:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
You put the same link on both sites:) But doesn't really matter - I know shareCG, but thanks for the second site.
BTW - you can download from ShareCG this free shaders set - it is not bad AND is great if you need to make a lake or such:
Thanks for the note. It's fixed. Although Share CG can be painful to navigate and find stuff that is only Daz 3G compliant, it still has a wealth of resources, and many of them are free. The other bonus is you can find out about other sites that offer free stuff, then when you get to them use their navigation to explore all the goodies they have to offer.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Folks, my problem: There are 2,3,5 (or 50 - it doesn't matter) groups of morph dials from different products. So the question - is there a way only the morph sliders from a single product to be shown at Parameters tab?

Edit: And/or under Shaping Tab

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Folks, my problem: There are 2,3,5 (or 50 - it doesn't matter) groups of morph dials from different products. So the question - is there a way only the morph sliders from a single product to be shown at Parameters tab?
Selectors.PNG

One quick thing that comes to mind is to use the interface to refine your selections. As shown in the picture, if your morphs are in groups, this can let you narrow down to just one group, rather than seeing all of them.

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
Hi!

Some questions about DAZ. I am newby, and I don understand some terms, or the explanation is sometimes ambiguous.

1.- what are "legacy" products? I see some assets have the normal, the HD and the "legacy" file.
2.- What means, before some asset's names, the word "FW", "FWSA", "FWSP" or "FWF"? is it the developers name???
3.- Installing assets, more of them have two files, one named "DZ" and another named "POSER". I do not work with Poser.... Do I need to install the Poser file too???

Thanks for the light!!!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote