Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
Take into account that most of the tools like Daz and hs are made and developed in Asian markets. So maybe its part cultural too...

Honestly I don't know, just like pointing out most actors are short when I can:p
I haven't really used Daz since they shit on the Poser community, but before the Genesis figures, their males were a bit taller than their females. They also had figures at various life stages. IIRC, when Genesis was introduced it was a single figure for both male and female, any age—though they split it into two separate figures by sex almost immediately. No height difference could be a holdover from the single-figure stage.

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
I haven't really used Daz since they shit on the Poser community, but before the Genesis figures, their males were a bit taller than their females. They also had figures at various life stages. IIRC, when Genesis was introduced it was a single figure for both male and female, any age—though they split it into two separate figures by sex almost immediately. No height difference could be a holdover from the single-figure stage.
Would be nice if you simply had 1 figure that you could age up from age 0 to 100 and just see how they age. Similarly you could alter a certain part of their looks early on or perhaps after an accident where they get a scar or deformation (broken nose) and then see how the character changes with time.

I mean, you could create a really attractive woman in her mid 20s early 30s and then age her down to get a model version of her for family pictures and being able to see how her parents looked like 20-30 years younger. Would really give such content value when used in games.

RedLion22

Feb 1, 2022
Why do so many (not all) of the games here have midget MCs? And for the most part they're not even tagged as shota. Do all the model assets only have below average male models? I mean, most girls I've been with were average height, but I still tower above them - effectively lollifying them in terms of proportions. Come on, give the tall guys some reference & love xD!

I really like Now and Then as well as My New Family where the MCs actually have proper proportions in terms of average to higher male heights. Not bashing the slightly less taller dudes here, but a lot of the Daz models are kid-sized at best.
He's a young chap but this is nowhere near shota lol

Reactions: Spatenklopper

KorenoGamer

Sep 24, 2021
You don't get to change the definition of words just cause you say so. And if you think you do, you should try reading a dictionary once in a while.
I agree with you. But try telling that to lovers of literature. People that change the definition of words have ripped 2 that were used a lot at one point in history, but now authors cannot use them in the intended way like they did long ago. What are these 2 words you say? Gay and Queer. Read J.R.R. Tolkien and count the number of times those 2 words were used in their intended way. If a kid today read The Lord of the Rings books, he would think everyone were homosexuals. OH YEA! a word for that preference already existed.

Reactions: Wyrme

MGUltimate

Dec 12, 2021
Ever heard of the metric system?

American. We don't use it (well mostly) and generally don't like it. It is used here for large bottles of soda, wine/liquor (but not beer/cider/etc) and medication. Also some ammunition, though older is still caliber (like .45, .44, .50, .32) Newer is 9 mm, 5.56mm, 7.62mm, etc.

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes