Mod Ren'Py 53X Homecoming Walkthrough/Gallery mod [v0.2.5.1][scrappy]

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Please update this mod to the new game version 0.2.7.1
From what I've gathered, there are no new choices to be made in this latest update. So no need to update the mod. It should work with the newest game update. I don't know for sure, haven't played in a bit. But that's what I've seen on here.

heimdal74

Apr 22, 2018
Of course a Mod has to be Updated otherwise it will most likely cause Errors with newer Game Versions.. Stop spreading nonsense
the mod is perfectly functional with the current version of the game and does not cause any errors from start to finish another newbie who comes to complain before even testing the mod

the last 3 updates are kinetic updates, so no need for WT when there is no choice option

so if Scrappy hasn't updated his mod, it's because it's not necessary, so stop complaining and go play !!!

PS: and given the recent events with the dev, the future of the game is not guaranteed !!

Last edited:
Reactions: outrullers

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Of course a Mod has to be Updated otherwise it will most likely cause Errors with newer Game Versions.. Stop spreading nonsense
That is entirely dependent on how the game and the mod are coded in terms of separate files and end-of-update labels. This game and mod work just fine with the mod being older than the game. For this game, even if a base game release came out that did have choices, an older mod would still work, it just wouldn't provide any guidance for choices added in game versions newer than the mod version.

Trminator

May 3, 2017
I played the game to the ending of the newest version with the old mod without issue. The only thing the mod would have added is the new gallery scenes
You're aware, that the game-dev has been adding scenes to the Event-Replay gallery, right? (i.e. without the mod, you can get replays for newer scenes...)

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of 53x - Homecoming 0.2.8.1with scrappy walkthrough and gallery mod.
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
New experimental label jump
Scrollable choices (when multiple)
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

No new choices, added 2 new scenes
Updated my Android port to v0.2.8.1

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
There is only one choice in the update. So no need to spam scrappy. Just edit file ep11 ending line.
But i would wait with playing this update anyway. The mentioned choice in this update is turning off point. Game didnt really develop deep enough and its already breaking up sex choices

choice1
"Tell her it was really good.\n {size=-8}(This will open the 'Dragon Lust' path with Elizabeth and closes sexual relations with one or more characters){/size}":

choice2
"Tell her it was not for you.\n {size=-8}(This will open the 'Competing Sisters' path with Elizabeth and Sara but closes some options of sexual events with multiple partners){/size}":
it becoming the norm for developers to seemingly give up and the game ends up smaller (less girl choices) and very soon stale, and then they kind of wonder why it's gone to shit. For new players its simply not worth playing, now its just seems like its more updates to make the choices smaller, even less girls, this game is not long until it dies.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
it becoming the norm for developers to seemingly give up and the game ends up smaller (less girl choices) and very soon stale, and then they kind of wonder why it's gone to shit. For new players its simply not worth playing, now its just seems like its more updates to make the choices smaller, even less girls, this game is not long until it dies.
This is quoting a post from literally three years ago, regarding version 0.06, and referencing choices that don't exist in the game anymore in a file that doesn't exist anymore. I'm not even saying the game is great, but your evidence doesn't support your conclusion.

Computaholica

Aug 10, 2019
o_O So is Scrappy's Walkthrough/Gallery Mod working for v0.2.8.1 or not? It doesn't seem like the question was clearly answered :unsure:

Jorund

Jun 10, 2018
o_O So is Scrappy's Walkthrough/Gallery Mod working for v0.2.8.1 or not? It doesn't seem like the question was clearly answered :unsure:
Iirc this game often had updates that did not have one single choice, but my memory might be off as i didn't play this in a while. But (and i just downloaded the mod to look at it's files) it's a mod that doesn't seem to alter any game files, it only adds files, so it should work and just not have anything for new content.

Reactions: Computaholica

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
This game has become more of a kinetic novel than a choice-based game. So there are no choices to be made. At least for the last three or four updates. And the choices we did do didn't do much to change the story from where it was to where it is going.

Reactions: Computaholica

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
This game has become more of a kinetic novel than a choice-based game. So there are no choices to be made. At least for the last three or four updates. And the choices we did do didn't do much to change the story from where it was to where it is going.
Not like it matters, the game is abandoned....

• Wow
Reactions: Mihawk_80