Mod Ren'Py Abandoned A Family Venture Multi-Mod [ShaddyModda]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
yeah I tried the things which were said in this thread, but restarting or reloading doesn't work either, and searching for a fix didn't help as well. I'm currently using the cheats that are included in the supporter version, so if there isn't a fix you know, it's not a big problem. thanks in advance anyway!
Assuming you installed the mod correctly the only other thing i can suggest is to delete all the rpy & rpyc files in the game directory that have the same name as any of the files in the mods archive game folder.

Elv12

Jun 3, 2017
Assuming you installed the mod correctly the only other thing i can suggest is to delete all the rpy & rpyc files in the game directory that have the same name as any of the files in the mods archive game folder.
Same problem for me. There are rpyc files with the same name. but you cant delete them cause game make new ones after every launch

Reactions: SCP 001

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
I did and the MC is still calling the mother Jacky not Mom.
That's an issue with the I-patch itself. I suggest you post on the game thread for help since they don't have a thread for the patch. it's been like that since before mine or the Team's mod.

Sharingan33

Jul 3, 2017
It seems i can't get this mod to work: i tried both with the supporter and public version, it always crash the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also found in the error.txt many warnings about duplicate files, for example:

The label label_gal_creepshot_mom_1 is defined twice, at
File "Pc_gallery.rpyc", line 611 and
File "game/Pc_gallery.rpy", line 611.

EDIT: I managed to make it work (i think):
1) I deleted 2 or 3 rpy files that were causing the errors
2) I restarted the game, no crash this time
3) I closed the game and repasted the mod files in the folder
4) I restarted the game (again) and this time no errors

Last edited:

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
It seems i can't get this mod to work: i tried both with the supporter and public version, it always crash the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also found in the error.txt many warnings about duplicate files, for example:

The label label_gal_creepshot_mom_1 is defined twice, at
File "Pc_gallery.rpyc", line 611 and
File "game/Pc_gallery.rpy", line 611.

EDIT: I managed to make it work (i think):
1) I deleted 2 or 3 rpy files that were causing the errors
2) I restarted the game, no crash this time
3) I closed the game and repasted the mod files in the folder
4) I restarted the game (again) and this time no errors
Judging by this error you're not placing the files in the correct location. merge the 2 'game' folders, the one from the mods zip file and the one in your AFamilyVenture-0.0 etc.. folder or copy the files from the game folders in the mod zip file, and place them in the games 'game' folder. overwrite if prompted.

You may still get duplicate labels, but then just hit reload. the mod may need to initialize the overrides for the info in the games rpa files

Sharingan33

Jul 3, 2017
Judging by this error you're not placing the files in the correct location. merge the 2 'game' folders, the one from the mods zip file and the one in your AFamilyVenture-0.0 etc.. folder or copy the files from the game folders in the mod zip file, and place them in the games 'game' folder. overwrite if prompted.

You may still get duplicate labels, but then just hit reload. the mod may need to initialize the overrides for the info in the games rpa files
I swear i did that, i'm experienced in how to place Renpy files i did that hundred of times. Anyway i found wich file is causing the error: it's Pc_gallery.rpy; if you get the crash simply delete that file, start the game (you won't crash this time), then close the game put Pc_gallery.rpy back in place and the crash won't happen anymore. I still don't know why i get the crash only the first time, this is a workaround for those who have this problem.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
The game keeps crashing and giving me an error code. Did I do something wrong? I merged the two-game folders together without a problem.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
OverflowError: value too large to convert to short"

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
The game keeps crashing and giving me an error code. Did I do something wrong? I merged the two-game folders together without a problem.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
OverflowError: value too large to convert to short"
what versions of the game and mod? public or supporter versions?

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
what versions of the game and mod? public or supporter versions?
They both are 0.06 public, but I looked right now and I think I figured out the problem (maybe). I downloaded the Mac version of the game, but the mod is a Win/Linux. I'll download the Window's version of the game (not 0.06b - Supporter) and see if it works.

EDIT: I got an error code again, but then instantly worked. However, the MC (Ryan) keeps calling his mom by her name (Jacky) is that supposed to happen? I don't know if the other girls (Lauren or Sidney) are my sisters. Do I need the incest patch or is that normal with the patch? It's been a long time since I played the game.

Last edited:

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
They both are 0.06 public, but I looked right now and I think I figured out the problem (maybe). I downloaded the Mac version of the game, but the mod is a Win/Linux. I'll download the Window's version of the game (not 0.06b - Supporter) and see if it works.

EDIT: I got an error code again, but then instantly worked. However, the MC (Ryan) keeps calling his mom by her name (Jacky) is that supposed to happen? I don't know if the other girls (Lauren or Sidney) are my sisters. Do I need the incest patch or is that normal with the patch? It's been a long time since I played the game.
Yeah it's an issue with the incest mod. save and reload and it should fix it. that issue has been there for a while and has nothing to do with the drm patch or my mod.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote