WINTEX

May 26, 2017
Do not install the ipatch with the most recent version of the game. It's unnecessary, and has not been updated for a few releases anyway. More importantly, its functions have been rolled into the base game (so long as you aren't downloading from the Patreon link, as I understand it). As for name changing... you probably broke something when you tried to install the ipatch. A lot of variables were changed to incorporate the incest switch being built-in, and they don't match up with what was in the ipatch files.
Dunno, naming still not working.
screenshot0002.png screenshot0001.png
And "Jacky" is still Jacky, Tony is Tony, no Mom, Dad, etc. Or i should enable i patch somwhere inside the game? I doulechecked, i have subscribestar version now. And it differs from Patreon that one has AFV_v0.06_iPatch.rpa and second dont have it.

finndem

Aug 13, 2020
View attachment 837529 View attachment 837528 View attachment 837530
I'm 100% sure its not working properly. Whre should i activate incest content?
Go into your phone, there's a spot near the top you can mouse over that lights up that you can click. Green = 'landlady', 'roommate'; red = 'Mom', 'sister'. You'll have to do this each time you open the game, unfortunately--I think there might be a fix floating around in the last dozen or so pages in that case, but I'm not certain.

Also, just to make sure, is your download titled 'AFamilyVenture-0.06b_subscribestar-pc'? There are a few different versions floating around somewhere, but to my knowledge that's the most recent.

Reactions: WINTEX

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

WINTEX

May 26, 2017
Go into your phone, there's a spot near the top you can mouse over that lights up that you can click. Green = 'landlady', 'roommate'; red = 'Mom', 'sister'. You'll have to do this each time you open the game, unfortunately--I think there might be a fix floating around in the last dozen or so pages in that case, but I'm not certain.

Also, just to make sure, is your download titled 'AFamilyVenture-0.06b_subscribestar-pc'? There are a few different versions floating around somewhere, but to my knowledge that's the most recent.
Terrific. Well, thanks anyway.
Yep, i already found out about that. Thanks anyway, but there is a problem, i'm just started playing this game and i DONT want to miss the beginning as i cant activate this patch because you need to use your phone, which is absent during tutorial and wake up scene. Any ideas?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Terrific. Well, thanks anyway.

Yep, i already found out about that. Thanks anyway, but there is a problem, i'm just started playing this game and i DONT want to miss the beginning as i cant activate this patch because you need to use your phone, which is absent during tutorial and wake up scene. Any ideas?
You could try skipping through that then activate the patch then do the intro again while reading it.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Nope, not working. WillTylor Seriously, this is so fucked up. And yes, NAME CHANGING NOT WOKING FOR TUTORIAL AND WAKE UP SCENE.
I would very much appreciate it if you were to control your temper. Thank you very much!

The incest patch can be activated at the start of the game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now, I do have the 0.06b-supporter (a.k.a. patreon) version and thusly needed to download the i-Patch linked in the OP, but as stated by finndem the subscribestar version should have it already included.

Phooploid

Jun 18, 2017
What's the point of being able to name the main character, if the game keeps using the standard name in half the scenes? I mean... come on.

[edit]
Scratch that, it's pretty much in any scene that refers to the mc in the text. Guess I'll just rename my character to Ryan.
Pretty lazy on the authors part though...

Last edited:

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
What's the point of being able to name the main character, if the game keeps using the standard name in half the scenes? I mean... come on.
With the ipatch on, the dialogues are not completely changed. Mom is sometimes referred to as mom, landlady, caretaker. It's a little sad. Even MC is sometimes called Ryan despite the name change. The siblings sometimes refer to each other as roommates.

Reactions: pootin

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
The ipatch is a 3rd party product that D.S.-Sama has volunteered to make using the dialogue that I originally intended for the game, but had to change due to Patreon's puritanical rules. DS makes almost no compensation off of it, besides what people have pledged to his account. The newest version of the ipatch has been done differently than any of his ipatches up to date, and as such, has come with a few bugs. DS is going through a very busy time in his life, and has not been able to spend every waking moment fixing it, but is aware of the problems and is working on it when he can.

From my own experience, and watching the experience of others, the ipatch works almost exactly as intended, but where the biggest problems occur is when someone tries to install it onto versions where it is already installed, or try to install the wrong version of the ipatch into the newest version of the game.

An incorrect installation of the ipatch, even after you've fixed it, or have deleted the game and re-downloaded it, or even deleted the patch completely, will continue to cause the game to have naming errors. From what I understand, this is due to the way ren'py stores persistent save data, and those errors that existed in an incorrect installation of the patch will persist, even after you've fixed the problem.

Below is the best method I've found to take care of the problem, but requires that you've got the ipatch installed correctly to work. If you're getting the download from the OP of this thread, you don't have to do anything at all. Just download the game and the ipatch is already installed.

The best fix I've found is a bit painful, because you have to delete your saves, and your persistent save data. So, first delete the saves in your "save" folder that you find in the folder named "game". Then go to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy and delete the AFV folder. At this point, you have no saves and have to start a new game. Or you can look around on this thread and use someone's save that's already been posted, by placing it into your save folder.

I hope this helps. This procedure also takes care of several bugs that can persist even after you've installed bugfixes, or bugfixed versions of the game.

Last edited:

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
The ipatch is a 3rd party product that D.S.-Sama has volunteered to make using the dialogue that I originally intended for the game, but had to change due to Patreon's puritanical rules. DS makes almost no compensation off of it, besides what people have pledged to his account. The newest version of the ipatch has been done differently than any of his ipatches up to date, and as such, has come with a few bugs. DS is going through a very busy time in his life, and has not been able to spend every waking moment fixing it, but is aware of the problems and is working on it when he can.

From my own experience, and watching the experience of others, the ipatch works almost exactly as intended, but where the biggest problems occur is when someone tries to install it onto versions where it is already installed, or try to install the wrong version of the ipatch into the newest version of the game.

An incorrect installation of the ipatch, even after you've fixed it, or have deleted the game and re-downloaded it, or even deleted the patch completely, will continue to cause the game to have naming errors. From what I understand, this is due to the way ren'py stores persistent save data, and those errors that existed in an incorrect installation of the patch will persist, even after you've fixed the problem.

Below is the best method I've found to take care of the problem, but requires that you've got the ipatch installed correctly to work. If you're getting the download from the OP of this thread, you don't have to do anything at all. Just download the game and the ipatch is already installed.

The best fix I've found is a bit painful, because you have to delete your saves, and your persistent save data. So, first delete the saves in your "save" folder that you find in the folder named "game". Then go to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy and delete the AFV folder. At this point, you have no saves and have to start a new game. Or you can look around on this thread and use someone's save that's already been posted, by placing it into your save folder.

I hope this helps. This procedure also takes care of several bugs that can persist even after you've installed bugfixes, or bugfixed versions of the game.
Btw, the game crashes when I scroll in the inventory after buying the Potty Hatter book.

Lost_Lemon

Apr 9, 2019
Has anyone else had issue's with Sidney's gallery from the menu? I swear I've done all the content for Sidney, and looked through the walkthrough to check. I've completed every event in the tracker on the pohone. It shows what would be the 4-6 entries as locked, but then has the 7th.
Sdney_Gallery.PNG

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes