strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Creating multiple routes is dangerous. Even with just two you have to create content twice which slows down story development.

The Lauren scenes are a great example of that. The three sex scenes for her had to be done twice, meaning will had to make six sex scenes with multiple animations for each one. Six sex scenes sounds great but most players only saw half of the content in that update.

Take a look at the last AWAM update, some of the routes had like 12 renders for them. Same with Point of no return which has three (really four because the submission route splits in two). The dev puts out an update for only one route at a time. So you've got to wait three times as long for your chosen route's update.

A chose your own adventure game sounds great but even Bioware couldn't stick the landing on that one. At the end of the day you've got to set down a story for the players to follow and hope most of them enjoy it.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
+1 I was really dissappionted when it turned into a straight NTR route, the way I interpreted the initial scene was it would either manifest as a Bro route, or there would be a few reluctant sharing scenes.
Sharing is one of thous weird tags that almost never gets used.
The anti-NTR people hate it and insist that sharing your girl with your best friend makes you a cuck.
The pro-NTR people hate it because it's not exciting enough without cheating and jealousy involved.

It's this odd middle ground between the two camps. Personally I like the idea of both having a Bro and helping him get lucky but that's just not how the story ended up unfolding.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Creating multiple routes is dangerous. Even with just two you have to create content twice which slows down story development.

The Lauren scenes are a great example of that. The three sex scenes for her had to be done twice, meaning will had to make six sex scenes with multiple animations for each one. Six sex scenes sounds great but most players only saw half of the content in that update.

Take a look at the last AWAM update, some of the routes had like 12 renders for them. Same with Point of no return which has three (really four because the submission route splits in two). The dev puts out an update for only one route at a time. So you've got to wait three times as long for your chosen route's update.

A chose your own adventure game sounds great but even Bioware couldn't stick the landing on that one. At the end of the day you've got to set down a story for the players to follow and hope most of them enjoy it.
I wouldn't say it's dangerous, but certainly more work. I'm actively porting an existing game to Ren'Py and it has tons of routes. I have to take long periods of breaks sometimes just to get motivated to do all the diverging paths...it can be quite monotonous. I can see that being the same way with renders/animations. I'm not yet very experience with Daz, but I already know how much of a pain it could be.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
The pro-NTR people hate it because it's not exciting enough without cheating and jealousy involved.
There's different degrees here. What pro-NTR people probably hate most is a game that has it but is half-assed or almost non-existent, but has the tag for one scene. Or simply if it isn't their brand of NTR. Some people like the humiliation aspect (I'm not into that). Others like the sharing aspect. Others like where they can get switch partners with a buddy (swinging). It just depends.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Well now where getting into how you define NTR.
People use it so broadly but I always insist on it meaning cheating and jealousy.
Sharing and swinging are their own things and not NTR.

Reactions: DTchan and xapican

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Well now where getting into how you define NTR.
People use it so broadly but I always insist on it meaning cheating and jealousy.
Sharing and swinging are their own things and not NTR.
we are getting into it...but NTR is at least three things (not F95's definition, sadly): NeToRare - Cheating/getting LIs stolen, NeToRase - Sharing/cuckolding, NeToRi - stealing other people's LIs

anyway, don't need to start that convo again. Probably shouldn't have even responded with this. :HideThePain:

Last edited:

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
I'm still trying to figure out what my next game is going to be, and I'll probably have to do a poll or something where I lay out all my ideas and have my supporters vote on them. One idea I've got sounds a bit like what you described though. It would assume an ntr ending of AFV, and continue from there. The game would be a brothel management game, somewhat like the old "Sim Brothel" You'd start whoring out Lauren and then acquire the other girls of afv into your brothel harem one by one. The girls would have stats that would increase through experience and training, items that you could buy for them to increase the value they receive from their johns. You'd upgrade the house to make it more popular. maybe buy other locations and upgrade them. The point of the game would be to have to make money. You'd use the money to upgrade your girls and your world. There'd probably be some kind of fee you have to pay the mafia each month for their protection from the FBI. It's not an original idea, It's an idea that's already been very much developed with hentai games, but I've never seen it done with 3d assets, with custom characters and animations. Like I said, it's just one of several ideas at this point.
Yuk. Just say’n.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I'm still trying to figure out what my next game is going to be, and I'll probably have to do a poll or something where I lay out all my ideas and have my supporters vote on them. One idea I've got sounds a bit like what you described though. It would assume an ntr ending of AFV, and continue from there. The game would be a brothel management game, somewhat like the old "Sim Brothel" You'd start whoring out Lauren and then acquire the other girls of afv into your brothel harem one by one. The girls would have stats that would increase through experience and training, items that you could buy for them to increase the value they receive from their johns. You'd upgrade the house to make it more popular. maybe buy other locations and upgrade them. The point of the game would be to have to make money. You'd use the money to upgrade your girls and your world. There'd probably be some kind of fee you have to pay the mafia each month for their protection from the FBI. It's not an original idea, It's an idea that's already been very much developed with hentai games, but I've never seen it done with 3d assets, with custom characters and animations. Like I said, it's just one of several ideas at this point.
That's a horrifying idea. Hope it never sees the light of day. Optional NTR like in AFV is fine, but forced is terrible, and retconning AFV so that the NTR run is the cannon run is stomach turning

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Sorry, but it seem to slip my comprension, WillTylor, you were talking about a new separate game like "AFV evolved" as Brothel Sim?
First finishing the actual Story and then Start that one ? or was it as an ending or a direction you want to give it to the game?
regarding the convo about NTR wich Sternif and some other were having, I guess we all agree that NTR is quite broad defined and on top of that it has a lot to do with the Principles, expirecies, and emotions of the gamer which are projected into the Main Character. Also as Get out of my lab pointed out is not acurate, feels more like a definiton to end a never ending debate.
The polarization between NTR Haters, and NTR Lovers, has been extreme trough out these last 2 jhr.
I guess that there is a big Greynumber (to call it so) of people like myself, who are pretty neutral about it, don't like the jealosy/cheating stuff, but like the corruption and debauchery and have no problem with the Sharing/ swinging, or the Netori, being the Netorare, to call it so the bad ending of the game.
In my special case this inminent cuckolding/jealosy is more a motivation to do the right things so my LI don't turn on me.
In this game I play the so called Love route, and the NTR (wich is inside my tolerace parameters) to get all achievments and see all scenes.

Mar 16, 2022

Proof of Life - Nov 17th
Hope you've all had a great week! Mine's been good, thanks for asking.
I've actually been in a pretty good mood these last few days, and let me tell you why. I'm working on "The Main Event" between our MC and Jacky. I've actually been at it for a while longer than a few days, but I wasn't loving the way it was coming out. I was having these mental blocks as I was posing the scenes to be rendered, trying to make them go with the rough script I had written for the event, and just not feeling super excited about what I had. Then, a few days ago, while I was working at my real job, a completely different idea came to me. An idea that I think goes really well with the story so far, has great gameplay elements, and more importantly, that I'm really excited about. I've been posing renders as quickly as I can ever since.
It's exciting to finally get to this point in the story. It's the moment that everything up until now has been building up to. The moment that our MC has been striving for ever since that fateful night that he first saw his mom on that pole. And even though that moment will soon be upon us, in no means does it mean we're at the end of AFV.
I've been asked many times when the story will end, and I never know how to answer that question. I've got so many ideas of ways to expand these story lines for years to come. So many possibilities to be able to continue to grow this world. So, I guess the answer is, when I'm tired of making it, or when all of you are tired of playing it. If we ever get to the point that the story just feels played out, and it seems like I'm just trying to milk the game for all it's worth. Let me know. I'll wrap it up quickly and neatly and stamp the game with a complete label and get working on something new. But as long as the storylines keep feeling fresh and exciting, and you're all looking forward to the next update, I'm perfectly content and happy to keep living in this ever growing world of AFV.
As always, thank you all for the continued support! For the ideas, the encouragement, for engaging in the comments, the discord channels, for you personal messages, the fan-art, and not at all to be taken lightly, the financial support! This really is the ultimate show of trust and support for a game developer. It's what makes me feel justified in using my spare time to do something I love and enjoy. I know it's the season to give thanks, and I just feel a ton of gratitude for all of you, who've contributed or are contributing to AFV's development! Thank you all so much!!
I'll be posting some more previews in one week for those of you at the Best Friend + tier level (give or take a day or two for the American Thanksgiving holiday), and I'll give you all some more progress updates in a couple weeks. Have a great week!

darkdepths

May 2, 2020
I can only say that I would love to have a new AFV brothel sim where the focus is money making.
A high quality playing a pimp game is something I always wanted. Personally I would prefer if it was not a sequel to the NTR ending but lets us instead play as the AFV MC/Son - so it comes from the idea of corrupting/sharing. Also super hot when you can whore out your family as the son. :D

But as xapican pointed out, this would be a controversel change for a lot of fans since NTR (or in this case pimping/sharing) is the most heated topic on this site. I would love and support such a game immediately but there would be heavy discussions and arguements. Some people would drop the support and some people would start giving money, in what ratio I can't say but the most important thing of course is what you want to do dev. If you really want to make such a game go for it because than the quality will be awesome and you will definitely get enough support. If you don't want to or don't care and simply do it because of a vote than I am not sure if a NTR focoused game will be succesfull.

Just my two cents I don't wnat to trigger the typical big discussion here.:LOL:

Mar 16, 2022
Btw, no, I'm not a Will Tylor alt account. I'm a longtime ( c. 2019 ) supporter of AFV. I share proof of life posts only with Will's permission. Apologies to those who sub on either platform if you believe your tier reward is compromised by sharing this important info to a pirate site; but really, I never share before you've had at least a couple of days to view such. To the grateful pirate scum that recieve this bounty...enjoy and appreciate.

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
Any ideas on why these games tend to skip a "thanksgiving special".
I mean we have Halloween and "end-of-year-holiday-whatever your-religious-non-religious-beliefs-maybe specials".
Just once I'd like to see someone fuck or slaughter a turkey or am I asking too much?
How is the prevision level now back up to above normal.
If I ever ACTUALLY make a game, I will include a Thanksgiving special, just for you. (Currently, I'm writing a story, collecting assets, but not sure if it'll ever get off the ground.)

Nov 24, 2017
Throw in bringing in other women (friend's mom, teacher, nurse, office lady, whatever) via preferably blackmail, drugs, or corruption but I guess seduction would work also and that would be an awesome game.

Thumbs up!

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes